Subject: "A question on mazes.." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1045
Show all folders

SeanusFri 25-Nov-05 10:31 AM
Member since 25th Nov 2005
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1045, "A question on mazes.."

I was wondering if anyone could offer some insight into the simple mechanics of a maze. I realise that this will likely be different for each maze i come across, but experienced players seem to be able to naviagate through them with ease, whilst I would be roaming around in circles pondering suicide. Am i missing something?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

nepentheFri 25-Nov-05 11:03 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1046, "RE: A question on mazes.."
In response to Reply #0

It depends.

Some mazes have a set path through although they appear random. Experimentation can yield results here and very experienced players may already know the route.

Some mazes are random, but the right direction to go can be discerned by looking in each direction. (e.g. 'look north')

Some mazes are totally random, but an experienced player will know what to look for so s/he can tell when they're in the room right next to the exit.

ButterflyThu 29-Dec-05 09:28 PM
Member since 24th Aug 2005
13 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1080, "RE: A question on mazes.."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks, Nepenthe, that post was really helpful to at least me. Looking for those three specific things, I solved about 10 mazes that had completely bewildered me for weeks. Maybe there should be a small maze in the Academy?

TheDudeThu 29-Dec-05 11:09 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2005
283 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1081, "That's actually a really good idea."
In response to Reply #2

Though it might get frustrating for new players if they accidentally walk in there and get stuck.

Maybe a lever in each room you can pull to open a hatch to get out or something just in case, but a special prize at the end to motivate if you make it through?

CassmanSat 07-Jan-06 02:41 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
257 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1089, "That's a great start, I'd add just a bit..."
In response to Reply #3

Since we've got a couple of different types of mazes, have 1 of each. The could be as small as 9 rooms, or as large as...whatever.

Have one that is so simple, you just look in all the directions, and you'll see a sign that says (This way out).

One is harder, like Shadow Grove, or Mists near Arkham, where you have descriptions for every direction, but one way goes in, one way goes out...let them find their way in and out.

Then have a small, but completely random maze, that just has to be lucked out of.

I like the idea of a reward at the end. Small XP, Expl XP, small box of coins, etc. Team 'Lost' can decide all that. I definitely like the idea of an escape handle, if you get sick/bored/too lost. I think this would give Newbies at least something they can fall back on when they hit one of these crazy places.

-Cassman-

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1045 Previous topic | Next topic