Subject: "Stick it out" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1005
Show all folders

CorrlaanWed 09-Nov-05 12:14 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1013, "Stick it out"

It took me quite a while to get my first Hero, and then every character after that was easier and easier to get through the vast number of ranks in between 1 and 51. I like to look at each character as trying to learn something...any little thing. And subsequently all those things wrapped up into one make every character of mine that much better. I am actually really low on the totem pole as far as PK knowledge, uber secret game knowledge, and various other things. So it really isnt all that so called l33t knowledge that gets you to Hero and gets you the tattoo and all that.

As far as Heroing goes, I would reccommend sticking with one class for four or five characters. It usually takes me about 5 characters of one class to really sink into the skills and what not. Its just getting to know the class and get a feel for how that particular class is supposed to go. You'll find yourself speeding through the ranks, and knowing where to go next each step of the way. Regearing also becomes a breeze when you start to replay the same classes because you remember that basic set.

Religions and tattoo's are different things altogether. For me..when I watch followers. They need to be exemplifying the religion and you can honestly do that at level 11, or level 51. Its just a matter of finding a role you can really step into and eat sleep and breathe the character. That will totally come through in your playing and you will be recognized for it.

Another tip for getting your immortals religion is to figure out unique and pertinent ways to make yourself known to your god. If your god is Qaledus then I dont think shouting it from the rooftops is a good thing, but you can think of sneaky little concealed ways to let your god know that you are a good follower. Find someway to sing your praises to your Lord, and you will get noticed. I can't count the number of times I've heard the old line,

"My god doesnt notice me.

Then I ask, Have you prayed to him/her/it?.

Answer: Imm's don't like excessive praying.

In truth we don't. BUT, if you are following a religion a normal amount of praying is expected. Don't just assume that if your of my sphere Im watching you all the time.

That is why I suggest finding ways of getting your Lords attention in ways that are pertinent to your religion. There are a lot of you down there and unless you are doing something to get noticed, you will likely be unnoticed.

Cabals are good choices and have to fit the character obviously, but what it means is you automatically have allies which can help you rank or get gear with. It also means you have a responsibility to defend and retrieve which can result in more deaths for you. If you've already shrugged off the death anxiety then no problem.

And because I started rambling way back up there, Im going to stop.

Corrlaan

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicExpanding Horizons [View all] , Menengrath, Tue 08-Nov-05 03:09 AM
Reply RE: Expanding Horizons, Menengrath, 10-Nov-05 02:40 AM, #7
Reply RE: Expanding Horizons, Kenshin (Anonymous), 10-Nov-05 03:49 AM, #8
Reply Stick it out, Corrlaan, 09-Nov-05 12:14 PM #6
Reply Having just gotten my first hero in 8 years.... txt, Larcat, 08-Nov-05 01:43 PM, #4
Reply RE: Expanding Horizons, Mostly Harmless, 08-Nov-05 08:59 AM, #2
Reply This is very good advice..., oldguy, 08-Nov-05 09:14 AM, #3
Reply RE: Expanding Horizons, Zebulus, 08-Nov-05 03:42 AM, #1
     Reply You can do what I did..., Tiera, 08-Nov-05 03:17 PM, #5
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1005 Previous topic | Next topic