Subject: "IT WASN'T A RAGE DELETE!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #92856
Show all folders

IukulliFri 04-Jun-10 05:37 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2007
29 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92889, "IT WASN'T A RAGE DELETE!!!"
Edited on Fri 04-Jun-10 06:27 PM

This showed up as a rage delete, but I was planning on deleting that day anyway, I had just decided to take a chance at going down in a blaze of glory with one last retrieval. I really just didn't have the time I hoped for this summer, and I have been trying to get ready to move out of the country next Friday, so mudding has really taken a back seat lately. Sorry I didn't do more with the Provost job.

Contrary to Pro's seemingly obsessive belief that I was somehow power-gaming, I certainly did not have that in mind when I rolled this character. I mean really... a defensive major shifter? How the hell is somebody attacking giant instead of me going to make a difference compared to attacking my defensive form? I think in all of my hours, I only saw *one* person attack a giant instead of me, and that was a few minutes before I deleted when somebody summoned a storm giant lieutenant to cover the outlander outer for some reason.

Anyway, I had an interesting ride with this character. I rolled up hoping to become Justiciar, and Tribunal was really strong at times during my life. I didn't find a single sleek wand, but managed to get my barrier within minutes after learning the barrier attunement edge (which was all I needed), and once I rolled the bones and got a Komodo Dragon form, I was pretty happy.

The good:
Komodo dragon kicks ass... I think I only killed one person with it, but man was it hard to kill.

The Bad:
The silverback gorilla had some perks, but it was mostly useless in a PK. If I killed somebody with it, it's because they screwed up majorly. Ok, useless is a slight exaggeration, but the form felt more like a utility-grade form and just didn't have the damage output or the reliable lagging potential I needed to finish off the kinds of ragers and outlanders I was constantly fighting.

It was fun running around with some old familiar faces I have spent time with in the past, even though I didn't know for sure who they were until the end. I have been on somewhat of a Tribunal kick these last few years, and this even though this character fizzled out, I think it was a success on what I wanted to do all along and I have cured my itch to be all I could be for the Spire.

My former Magistrate lives were:

1) Iukulli: Provincial Magistrate, Justiciar, Short-lived vindicator, briefly a criminal, then reinstated as a provincial magistrate again before my similarly short-lived stint as an immortal
2) Paskat: My first Tribunal and provost from 2006, and my first and only age death. Also guildmaster of Hamsah
3) Zel: Tribunal conjurer from 2007, where I learned all conjurers are one step away from being criminals. Deleted after being demoted for servitors attacking people in town.
4) Peth: Svirf caverndweller explorer magistrate from 2008. I thought it was a great char, but really struggled with continually trying to get back fast camo.
5) Varissa: Human AP Trib from about 2009, short-lived
6) Zaruthral: Arial AP Trib right after Varissa, deleted after losing a few too many decent weapons. Created to try to do everything right that I did wrong with Varissa.
7) Aerlach: Binder thief felar Trib from about 2008, also guildmaster of Dagdan guild. Thieves are darn near useless when they have to keep trying to retrieve at the refuge, but he was fun everywhere else.
8) Diandril: Transmuter magistrate that got cut short in the last purge... a shame, too.

Anyway, I think after this list I should be officially dis-allowed from rolling up anymore magistrates even if I do have time in the future.

Regardless, it's been fun, even if I couldn't ever manage to kill any criminals. Good luck to everybody, and hopefully the Spire rebounds soon.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Gianath Thalimakisus the Grand... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 03-Jun-10 03:24 PM
Reply IT WASN'T A RAGE DELETE!!!, Iukulli, 04-Jun-10 06:27 PM #24
Reply Well, seeing how it's you..., Pro, 04-Jun-10 06:44 PM, #28
     Reply You can be pissed without, Marin, 06-Jun-10 04:44 PM, #29
Reply So here we have what appears at prima facia to be..., Pro, 04-Jun-10 08:47 AM, #2
Reply What am I not seeing?, Macaca, 04-Jun-10 09:00 AM, #3
Reply RE: What am I not seeing?, ORB, 04-Jun-10 10:09 AM, #4
Reply Yep. nt, Marin, 04-Jun-10 10:36 AM, #5
Reply Except that..., Pro, 04-Jun-10 11:34 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Except that..., sorlag (Anonymous), 04-Jun-10 11:41 AM, #8
     Reply Really Sol? A magistrate would never go near the Villag..., Pro, 04-Jun-10 11:59 AM, #11
          Reply RE: Really Sol? A magistrate would never go near the Vi..., sorlag (Anonymous), 04-Jun-10 12:33 PM, #13
          Reply For me it's just one of those aggrivating things where ..., Pro, 04-Jun-10 01:34 PM, #17
               Reply You're making mountains out of molehills, JMCC, 04-Jun-10 04:44 PM, #22
                    Reply There is irony in the very last sentence of your post. ..., Pro, 04-Jun-10 05:36 PM, #23
          Reply I call bull on pro, laxman, 04-Jun-10 12:50 PM, #15
               Reply Uhm.. Honestly man., Pro, 04-Jun-10 01:33 PM, #16
               Reply RE: I call bull, Valguarnera, 04-Jun-10 06:14 PM, #26
                    Reply Alright. I conceed it's just me. May as well clear my t..., Pro, 04-Jun-10 06:40 PM, #27
     Reply Fool me once..., Macaca, 04-Jun-10 11:46 AM, #9
     Reply I guess the bigger question is why..., Pro, 04-Jun-10 11:58 AM, #10
          Reply Crying?, Macaca, 04-Jun-10 12:31 PM, #12
               Reply Who needs to prove intent?, Pro, 04-Jun-10 01:35 PM, #18
     Reply And that is an example of why it's important to target ..., trewyn, 04-Jun-10 03:01 PM, #19
Reply I would say, yes., Pro, 04-Jun-10 11:19 AM, #7
Reply RE: So here we have what appears at prima facia to be....., Daevryn, 04-Jun-10 12:41 PM, #14
     Reply In all that character's life, noone ever prayed about t..., Pro, 04-Jun-10 03:09 PM, #20
          Reply Not that I was online for, no. (n/t), Daevryn, 04-Jun-10 03:13 PM, #21
          Reply No., Valguarnera, 04-Jun-10 06:10 PM, #25
Reply WHAT?? nt, Marin, 03-Jun-10 04:20 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #92856 Previous topic | Next topic