Subject: "RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8484
Show all folders

VladamirTue 13-Aug-02 01:43 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#8513, "RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..."

>I'm talking about the ragers you play, not necessarily what
>happens to them in the long run. Grolgthus for example.

I didn't really care so much about the Grolgthus thing, that was really a matter of politics more than anything. Yeah it irritated me, but I stuck it out and kept playing the character, and enjoyed him.

>Again, time and situation matter. I'll praise anyone for
>taking out a critical defender of the Scion cabal before the
>raid. Use your head about how the odds need to be for this.
> No one who plays this game deserves to be ganged by a team
>of 8. I've seen the crap in logs, but until I see it with
>my own eyes, my hands are tied behind my back. All I can do
>is make it a point to watch the invididuals in question more
>carefully (which lately hasn't been too often).

Ehh, I see your point on this.

>Right. You know what's right and wrong Grolgthus. You
>comment on it every day on these forums. The fact that you
>are sitting here, trying to convince the public that your
>actions were not 'your fault' is really frustrating.

I'm not trying to "convince" anyone. I take full responsibility for my actions, and sure it might have warranted a warning, but booting me was really extreme. I would have had no problem with a dressing down, and would have taken it in stride. But to uninduct someone who was making a conscious effort NOT to gang, was a bit over the top IMHO.

>Most people who care usually live with the uninduct/induct
>that comes after it. Having to practice powers again
>usually isn't so big a deal.

I wasn't worried about practicing the powers, I hadn't even been in the cabal long enough to improve at anything I don't think. (Curse that fire giant int) I was pissed at being uninducted for such a minor thing, and didn't think I should have HAD to go through the effort of re-applying and all that nonsense, after having just spent so much time to get in. You have to understand, I had 4 recs for over a month before I even got a chance to speak to the commander. To wait all that time, just to be uninducted within a few hours was just all the frustration I could handle as far as being in the cabal. I had already decided earlier that day if I didn't get inducted that day I was deleting out of frustration. This was just the icing on the deletion cake.

>*slaps Snarf again for good measure*
>
>I'm at the same disadvantage.

Hit him again. The ugly little bastard.

>You'd be surprised. Imagine how quickly some battles go.
>Imagine how busy immortals are in other windows working on
>areas/doing things outside of the mud. I have a wife, a
>house, a new basset hound pup, and many more things that
>keep me from just sitting around snooping people because i'm
>bored. I don't think I need to justify it to the
>playerbase, but there it goes again.

Alright, I see your point here. But you have to understand the frustration as a player, to see 3 or more on 1 ganks get passed over for punishment, then to be uncaballed for the relatively minor situation I was involved in.

>It went from minor to a big deal. Initially, I wasn't going
>to uninduct.

Then why did you? I was still being attacked by 2 other people, I really didn't have the time to sit and chit chat about it over a nice mug of ale, so naturally my answers were abrupt. If you were snooping me, I assume you knew this. Had I had a chance to get somewhere safe, I would have been glad to discuss my opinion, hear yours, and then make the appropriate apologetic gestures, whether or not I felt I was in the right.

>Again, I'm claiming ignorance here. I give people praise
>for things that I feel are worthy of it. I don't know who
>plays who and really don't care. You can either take my
>word for it or not. At this point, I doubt anything else is
>very convincing.

I wasn't saying you did this because it was me, maybe I wasn't clear on that point. I'm saying certain CHARACTERS, not players, get a lighter hand when it comes time for punishments than others would in the exact same circumstances.

>Do you ever think that maybe those logs you sent me have me
>watching the person even more? I can think about one
>incident that led me to.

No actually, I hadn't thought that, thats why I stopped bothering.

>The approaches I see, again are on other forums with a big
>fat sign claiming innocence and damnation to the immortals.
>I won't take any concerns worth a grain of salt if the
>source uses those means of getting their point across.

I never claimed to be wholly innocent, but damn, an uninduction in the middle of multiple fights when I didn't really have time to stop to think, let alone talk?

>Yeah. Again, I've got my standards. I trust Intronan to
>make the right decisions. We usually talk about who gets
>the boot and why. He usually supports my decision so I
>don't generally feel bad about those I make.

Standards are spiffy things if applied evenly. Thats been my point all along.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Barponrye the Exile of War, Crutch Seeker [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 11-Aug-02 04:01 PM
Reply ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf drive., Barponrye (Guest), 11-Aug-02 04:17 PM, #1
     Reply RE: ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf driv..., Martinian (Guest), 11-Aug-02 04:28 PM, #2
     Reply RE: ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf driv..., Barponrye (Guest), 11-Aug-02 04:41 PM, #3
     Reply RE: ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf driv..., Orinah (Guest), 11-Aug-02 04:50 PM, #4
          Reply unless you heard what i said, stfu, Barponrye (Guest), 11-Aug-02 05:05 PM, #5
               Reply RE: unless you heard what i said, stfu, Orinah (Guest), 12-Aug-02 12:26 PM, #8
     Reply Good fight(s), Jareiah (Guest), 11-Aug-02 08:35 PM, #6
     Reply Can't say I'm sorry to see you go..., Falax (Guest), 12-Aug-02 01:07 AM, #7
     Reply RE: ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf driv..., HammerSong, 12-Aug-02 01:23 PM, #9
     Reply RE: ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf driv..., Barponrye (Guest), 12-Aug-02 03:07 PM, #10
          Reply RE: ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf driv..., ChocolateBunnys (Guest), 12-Aug-02 06:21 PM, #12
          Reply RE: ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf driv..., Intronan, 12-Aug-02 07:05 PM, #13
               Reply *sigh*, Cat (Guest), 12-Aug-02 07:58 PM, #14
               Reply I'd like to expand on this a bit..., Vladamir, 12-Aug-02 09:58 PM, #15
               Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., HammerSong, 13-Aug-02 06:03 AM, #19
                    Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., Vladamir, 13-Aug-02 12:10 PM, #22
                    Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., HammerSong, 13-Aug-02 01:20 PM, #27
                         Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., Vladamir, 13-Aug-02 01:43 PM #30
                    Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., Gabe, 13-Aug-02 12:24 PM, #23
                    Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., Vladamir, 13-Aug-02 12:42 PM, #24
                    Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., HammerSong, 13-Aug-02 01:00 PM, #26
                         Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., Gabe, 13-Aug-02 01:27 PM, #28
                    Reply Thank you, Thror, for this paragraph, Kravidian, 13-Aug-02 08:39 PM, #36
               Reply RE: *sigh*, HammerSong, 13-Aug-02 05:35 AM, #17
                    Reply A few points, Cat (Guest), 13-Aug-02 11:43 AM, #20
                         Reply RE: A few points, HammerSong, 13-Aug-02 12:51 PM, #25
                         Reply You seem to feel tremendously persecuted, Cat (Guest), 13-Aug-02 04:14 PM, #33
                              Reply RE: You seem to feel tremendously persecuted, HammerSong, 13-Aug-02 07:53 PM, #35
                                   Reply RE: You seem to feel tremendously persecuted, Kurkamor, 13-Aug-02 09:02 PM, #37
                         Reply Gotta back thror on an issue or two..., Marcus_, 13-Aug-02 01:35 PM, #29
                              Reply Top two paradoxes in cf cabal dogma, Cat (Guest), 13-Aug-02 04:35 PM, #34
               Reply Cool ??, Gorach, 13-Aug-02 01:17 AM, #16
                    Reply RE: Cool ??, Intronan, 13-Aug-02 05:49 AM, #18
                         Reply and, Laios (Guest), 13-Aug-02 11:54 AM, #21
                         Reply Bah !, Gorach, 13-Aug-02 03:14 PM, #31
                              Reply Oh .. right .. hang on .., Gorach, 13-Aug-02 03:16 PM, #32
     Reply See...now I know why I liked Witevo., Yuber (Guest), 12-Aug-02 03:17 PM, #11
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8484 Previous topic | Next topic