Subject: "Fakefi deleted. Quick goodbye." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #72288
Show all folders

Fakefi (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 05:37 PM

#72288, "Fakefi deleted. Quick goodbye."

I'll try not to be overly mellow dramatic. I actually had some fun with this character, and in the end I still find that I don't enjoy CF very much at all anymore. I tend to dislike most of the people that play it (there are still some great people but the spirit of the game seems different than it was 5 years ago with people like Kjrorh and Bok arond). It also is annoying that the player base is so small and so few people to fight. Fighting the same people over and over just isn't as fun. I also just can't help but feel utterly disgusted with some of the game balancing issues.

Dying over and over to human bard warmaster #1921929 for the zillianth time with one of my characters to the all powerful flee;sing fiend and flytomurdershifter #2323443 after my 100% skills constantly fail is just boring and makes me want to log off and not play. Which is what i'm doing (but not for that particular reason though it was the nail in the coffin today).

I also had some great opportunities for RP with the likes of Sgura who was waiting for some imm attention but didn't get ANY after praying continually for what seemed like 2 weeks. Where are the village imms? Why can't some other imm just give the guy 2 seconds of your time to tell him that the Village imms are MIA? I just felt sorry for this poor guy who obviously put a ton of time into his character and was completely ignored after showing some very stellar RP (He deserves a title more than some of the heroes I ran into). I have always been very supportive of the IMMs in the past and for good reason since all the time they put in is just stunning but I just felt disappointed this time around.

I won't get started on the edge system but I will say that my opinion of the game has sunk dramaticly since it was first implemented. I think Fakefi got 200 (maybe it was 400) imm xp in 150 hours for my role at lvl 11. Yes the Edge system is great! Bitterness aside, that doesn't have anything to do with this deletion since I play for myself, not to suck up to the Imms. But it certainly makes it easier to pull the delete trigger when I know there's no opportunity for character growth.

I was going to con die soon anyway, but I think deleting gives me a bit more closure and also saves the torture of sticking it out which I typically do for some reason. I have finally come to grips with the fact that CF is just a timesink for me, and it no longer gives me the pleasure it once did.

Anyway, rant over (feel free to ignore the above ) Couple goodbyes.

Kjrorh: You make the game less fun for everyone. Congrats!j

Bok: Same. What is your RP? Roll the most powerful ranger possible and kill anything that steps into a wilderness area? Genius.

Durjin: Cool stuff, you seemed new but have the right attitude to succeed and seem like a col guy. Some advice. Quit CF before your youth passes you by. You play too much. You were the only reason I would have stuck around.

Ruhk and Dhaath: Cool leaders, I definitely know who the player behind Dhaath is because your style kicks so much ass (not from OOC connections since I don't really have more than one or two), and that is a great thing for the game.

Alzinghul : Mixed feelings about you, you play an orc well. Weird that all of a sudden I started outmeeleeing you out of nowhere after you Pwned me nonstop all the way to hero. RNG maybe.

Satebos : Sorry I bitched about you logging off/on to kill me. I was ignorant of your abilities. My bad. I think that was my best moment, fighting you off for a bit until Neriyin made the huge save. Bad luck for you though

Let's see if I can get a character list going. I've done this before and returned, but just in case I can keep myself away from CF, this would be my ####ty legacy lol. I am sure the imms are sick of me and just want me to go away and stop posting these goodbyes, so hopefully this is my last one. I will certainly try though there is something inexplicably addictive about this game that I'm trying to resolve.

Gryshilniar, Icthaen, Ulothrye, Vinourak, Agaeobab, Yintrik, Liurnya, Pinthovi, Oltrambel, Scharnz, Hykroln, Ontylirn, Silmareen, Laernoch, Narclarn, Atrinycyn, Uknorae, Fakefi and dozens of others.

Yes I was a serial Fort/Battle player since I hate Trib and can't conceive of playing a truly evil character.

Best of luck to you all.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicFakefi deleted. Quick goodbye. [View all] , Fakefi (Guest), Sat 20-Sep-08 05:37 PM
Reply Damn cool arena fight..., Ardfil (Guest), 22-Sep-08 05:44 AM, #26
Reply Hah, Fakefi (Guest), 22-Sep-08 06:56 PM, #39
Reply Thanks for the kind words., Sguro (Guest), 21-Sep-08 09:27 PM, #22
Reply RE: Fakefi deleted. Quick goodbye., Varasin (Guest), 21-Sep-08 06:30 PM, #21
Reply No hard feelings..., Fakefi (Guest), 21-Sep-08 11:01 PM, #23
Reply Good work, Dhaath (Guest), 21-Sep-08 02:17 AM, #17
Reply RE: Fakefi deleted. Quick goodbye., Isildur, 20-Sep-08 10:57 PM, #14
Reply hehe, Fakefi (Guest), 21-Sep-08 12:24 AM, #15
Reply You suck., Lerzion (Guest), 20-Sep-08 10:16 PM, #13
Reply RE: You suck., Fakefi (Guest), 21-Sep-08 12:26 AM, #16
Reply Uhhhhhhh, Random Person (Guest), 20-Sep-08 07:57 PM, #8
Reply RE: Fakefi deleted. Quick goodbye., Daevryn, 20-Sep-08 07:03 PM, #7
Reply I don't know why, Eleia (Guest), 20-Sep-08 08:12 PM, #9
Reply I've got a hunch.., Mueghlu (Guest), 20-Sep-08 08:40 PM, #10
     Reply RE: I've got a hunch.., Fakefi (Guest), 20-Sep-08 09:04 PM, #12
Reply RE: Fakefi deleted. Quick goodbye., Fakefi (Guest), 20-Sep-08 08:55 PM, #11
Reply Aaw dammit! I enjoyed fighting you!, Zefta (Guest), 20-Sep-08 06:29 PM, #6
Reply RE: Fakefi deleted. Quick goodbye., Alzinghul (Guest), 20-Sep-08 06:18 PM, #5
Reply Something to clarify, Fakefi (Guest), 20-Sep-08 06:13 PM, #4
Reply Bearcharge, Bok (Guest), 21-Sep-08 02:42 AM, #18
Reply RE: Bearcharge, Daevryn, 21-Sep-08 02:29 PM, #19
     Reply RE: Bearcharge, Fakefi (Guest), 21-Sep-08 03:01 PM, #20
     Reply RE: Bearcharge, Bok (Guest), 22-Sep-08 12:21 AM, #24
          Reply RE: Bearcharge, Fakefi (Guest), 22-Sep-08 01:02 AM, #25
          Reply RE: Bearcharge, Bok (Guest), 22-Sep-08 03:04 PM, #36
               Reply RE: Bearcharge, Fakefi (Guest), 22-Sep-08 07:04 PM, #40
          Reply RE: Bearcharge, Daevryn, 22-Sep-08 08:53 AM, #28
               Reply News to me., Bok (Guest), 22-Sep-08 10:22 AM, #29
                    Reply RE: News to me., Daevryn, 22-Sep-08 10:24 AM, #30
                         Reply Er?, Guy (Guest), 22-Sep-08 10:33 AM, #31
                              Reply I could see it that way, CraftedD (Guest), 22-Sep-08 10:49 AM, #32
                              Reply I think it means, Elhe (Guest), 22-Sep-08 10:58 AM, #33
                              Reply RE: Er?, Daevryn, 22-Sep-08 12:13 PM, #34
                                   Reply Because..., Bok (Guest), 22-Sep-08 02:50 PM, #35
                                        Reply RE: Because..., Daevryn, 22-Sep-08 03:13 PM, #37
                                             Reply RE: Because..., Bok (Guest), 22-Sep-08 03:54 PM, #38
                                                  Reply You're wrong., TheManNamedSam (Guest), 22-Sep-08 08:40 PM, #41
Reply Hey! I resemble that remark!!, Yhorian (Guest), 22-Sep-08 05:50 AM, #27
Reply RE: Fakefi deleted. Quick goodbye., Eiyanna (Guest), 20-Sep-08 05:59 PM, #2
Reply RE: Fakefi deleted. Quick goodbye., Durjin (Guest), 20-Sep-08 05:54 PM, #1
     Reply Haha, Fakefi (Guest), 20-Sep-08 06:05 PM, #3
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #72288 Previous topic | Next topic