Subject: "Down with the Chief! Down with the Chief! (long)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6572
Show all folders

Goapa (Guest)Thu 16-May-02 09:43 PM

#6573, "Down with the Chief! Down with the Chief! (long)"

Ok ok, so I didn't fully quit. This character was a throw away character because I wanted to see how good orcs really were. Well, I can honestly say they are not that good except when you reach Chief. I cannot say that I was the best at playing them or I did all the tricks, but I learned a lot about them and they are basically a gangbang class.
Orcs almost reach self sufficency level about level 37 when they get enslave and hide and have savage feeding. But from there it is all downhill again until you hit Chief (which is damn hard to do heh!).

The whole idea about a clan and not being able to join a cabal is kind of cool and having a cabal channel between all the orcs but in reality it is useless 99% of the time (and a hinderance when you two orc peons yelling crap over the channel over and over and over). There are never enough orcs playing to make it a viable option for a clan. I saw with this character 25 to 30 orc characters and how many made it above 40? 3 including me, Garuk and Horak and myself and I had to drag Garuk up by his damn coattails to do it .

But in all honesty they are ok. Their lack in defense and their glaring vunerabilities make them hit and run artists at best but I must admit orcs are one of the best classes to gangbang with (Sorry Shamus).

I have a few suggestions for what they are worth (but I bet the peanut gallery will find them worth nothing ) but I'll say them anyway.
1. Move grapple weapon to level 30ish. Give them some way to remove weapons since they can't tank worth crap. Everyone and their mother gets disarm at level 15 why do orcs have to wait to level 42 to get a disarm skill? They do not have any way to maladict people to lose their weapon so why not give them a disarming skill a little lower level? I see no problem with it.

2. Make headbutt work on things that are two sizes smaller than you. I really don't understand why with headbutt you cannot headbutt gnomes. You have to have a free hand to use headbutt anyway, why is it you can't just pick up the gnome and bash him in the head with your head. Beyond that complaint I would say headbutt is/was actually a pretty good skill.

3. Go through the areas and figure out what the hell they are, cave or not cave. The cave south of the Aryth ocean looks like a cave, smells like a cave, but nope, can't hide in it. Underdark is one big damn cave, nope, can't hide there. The whole hiding in swamps only at night is dumb in my opinion too, why not give them hide in swamps and hide in caves and the village and leave it at that? there are many more areas that should be caves that are not caves. I'll find my list and post it and see what reaction I get from immortals.

4. make the three orc group actually continue to get the bonus experience above level 20. It seemed like at level 20, it fell off to nothing and being in a three orc group was pretty useless once you got above that level.

5. Give them some kind of defense, maybe orcs as they get bigger develop callacies that absorb some amount of damage or protect vital areas or they have tough parts of their skin that blocks an attack or two every once in a while. Give them something to help them in the defense department, at least a little.

6. Make SOME of the mobs at least in the orc village SEE INVISIBLE. Everyone else and their mother have a semi safe place to go, guilds, cabals, etc, but you don't with an orc. And I am sorry Zulghinlour, by saying, "why would orcs have detect invisible" as the reasoning is like saying, "why do foxes have detect invisible?". It is a fantasy game and some assemblence of safety is needed for orcs because they are so offensive related and don't have much defense. That is why people join cabals, for safety well orcs can't do that at least give them some level of safety in the village. I loved being defeated by cyclops elixirs . This is the main reason (I believe) that so many orcs just give up before they get to level 30, it is because you NEVER EVER have time to just relax a moment and rest. At any moment you can easily be killed in the village even in front of the Chief mob. How a level 51 chief mob gets by without detect invis is beyond me.

Ok beyond my rants and raves, I'll do my goodbyes.

First I would like to thank everyone who shunned orcs like they had a plague, both goods, neutrals, and evils. Trying to get over the stigma of orc itself was a chore. No one would group with you at all. Even ragers who I tried to buddy up to during my whole life would not touch me with a 10 foot pole. Except Shamus who did something strange and forgave the orc and we traveled and I backstabbed you in that like 12 mob/man gangbang, sorry again .

Immortals: Had no immortal interaction with this character at all. Thanks for the orc class, it is certainly interesting, keep up the good work.

Scion:
Krivohan: you seem squared away but you were always on a power trip when you talked to the chief of the orc village, which I didn't understand. I would think you would jump on the chance to get the orcs on your side especially with three in hero range, but nope, you didn't. Oh well.

Dullameh: Thanks for not killing me. I have no idea why you didn't. I wonder what you get with an orc phlactery? Lets you get hit more? *laugh*

Vomalice: The traps were great. We did very well together surprisingly. Leading all those bloodthirsty paladins to the Erinin river where we beat the crap out of them. They all got away barely alive, always their virtue bash dodge or shield spec bash resistance saved their ass. It was fun.

Eleke: You are the worst assassin I know, hands down.

Maran:
Tylinn: You were fun to fight but unfortunately you were predictable. As Shokai said, you walked in and used kicks and totally forgot about Kot/kan etc. And you need to HIDE as an assassin. I don't know why but I always saw you coming a mile away because you never hid. Made my life easy to just bash you and manipulate the fight. Was fun, go get them with the next character.

Paladins: aka the bane of orcs. Yes you can't finish the kill but you can do massive damage in a short time. Wrath and wrath weapons and being in Maran and I was meat. The only time I did well is when I had the horde.

Nexus:
Nydeikon: I just tried to be friends with you because I didn't want to be assassinated. You seemed receptive enough and played the neutral fence sitter well.

Other ones I didn't interact wit much.

Entropy:
Ulfin: You I hated completely. You constantly helped my enemies and lied to me over and over again. I was such the underdog and you made it worse. I was hoping to get a crack at you with the Horde but I got bored. So annoying having a healer who says he will help you and then helps whoever you fight, every time.

Others not know.

Tribunal:
Not much there except for Dugarain when we summoned Boldereth together, good aligned dwarf shaman in tribunal summoning a druid sylvan warder captain neutral aline to two chaotic evil orcs, Oh can the irony get any better than that? Good time.

Warlocks:
Didn't mess with you much.

Sylvans:
Oh my favorite cabal to hunt.
Perry: You got the short end of the stick but I was surprised you stuck in so long, wood elf banner against wood elf wielding iron and it was an ugly senario. Keep trucking.

Alysrith (sp?) the captain: You were a little tougher especially with the staffs. That time I attacked you at the strange island I remembered Abertyne's advise and grappled right away and sure enough you fled and recalled. wish you would have stayed. Enjoyed all our fights.

Boldereth: Druids are close to paladins in orc bane. Sunray and our inability to defend ourselves from damage make the sunray/falcon combo almost unbeatable. The first time we got you was fun, the second time you came walking into the orc village killing everything was just plain stupid. How would you feel if someone came into the grove killing all the nice animals, you would kill them, exactly what we did.

Targaryen: My invoker nemisis. We must have fought all the way through all the levels from level 20 up. I finally carried around reduce potions just to deal with you and all the other gnome invokers. We exchanged blows a lot and I think we came out even in the win/loss ratio although you beat me down more I just got away. Not sure on this but you were good. I guess I'll say what others say, show up more, the lich isn't that scary!

Independants:
Duharan: You took pity on a poor orc and heroed him, thanks. You were great to run around with, the lemur is a great form. You rock, thanks.

Llor: You helped hero the orc too and helped him get chief (along with Duharan) thanks for what it is worth. Sorry your legacy/specs stuff didn't work out. Once you are in the bad light with people, you tend to stay there unless you make dramatic change.

Orcs:
Horak: You were great to run around with. You seemed new to the game but grasped the concepts quickly. You are the next chief. I wanted to let myself die to you so you could get it but you were not around and I didn't want it anymore. It is definitely worth getting to hero to et chiefy, the horde is tons of fun.

Garuk: You I had to drag around by your collar showing you things and getting you squared away. You did not grasp much quick but it was always nice to have another orc around, no matter who. I still look back at the log of Boldereth where you just spammed bash on his armor of thorns. I guess it was a good idea, I guess? Well it worked out well enough.

Other orcs: It is a tough tough life getting up there. Don't believe the hype about orcs being berserkers they are not. They are little coward bitches who have to hit and run to survive. The name of the class should definitely be changed, there is nothing really "berserkish" about them.

Anyway, thanks again. The addition grabs me and throws me around but I think this is a good sign. I'm just doing throw away characters now and not being full blown useful characters. I'm trying to quit everyone but boy is it tough.

have a great one all!

Gramoti/Goapa

Down with the chief!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Gramoti the Chieftain of the Grinning Skulls [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 16-May-02 08:48 PM
Reply Down with the Chief! Down with the Chief! (long), Goapa (Guest), 16-May-02 09:43 PM #1
     Reply RE: Down with the Chief! Down with the Chief! (long), Vomalice (Guest), 16-May-02 09:54 PM, #2
     Reply I hated grouping with you., Daiken (Guest), 17-May-02 03:10 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Down with the Chief! Down with the Chief! (long), Krivohan, 17-May-02 06:16 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Down with the Chief! Down with the Chief! (long), Nazgauga (Guest), 17-May-02 06:29 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Down with the Chief! Down with the Chief! (long), Chuntog! (Guest), 17-May-02 06:47 AM, #6
     Reply Retort and an idea for Orcs!, Goapa (Guest), 17-May-02 10:05 AM, #7
          Reply Chuntog!, Chuntog! (Guest), 17-May-02 10:46 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Down with the Chief! Down with the Chief! (long), Eleke (Guest), 17-May-02 01:35 PM, #9
          Reply You, my friend are thinking of another orc because..., Goapa (Guest), 17-May-02 04:55 PM, #10
               Reply RE: You, my friend are thinking of another orc because...., Eleke (Guest), 17-May-02 05:50 PM, #11
                    Reply RE: You, my friend are thinking of another orc because...., Isildur, 17-May-02 06:33 PM, #12
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6572 Previous topic | Next topic