Subject: "Well, this was unexpected. (long)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5419
Show all folders

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 12:39 AM

#5425, "Well, this was unexpected. (long)"

To sum it all up, the char was really no fun at all.

I ranked like a madman, and didn't really pk at all and then here's the hero ranks. Time to get all prepped and be a powerhouse right?

Yes, I'm a dwarf paladin.
Well, there's a lot I didn't consider in making this character. My last char, Yasraena, had explored 95% of Thera and had find all kinds of neat things that are extremely useful and powerful, but guess what? I'm a dwarf paladin - I can't use anything but potions/pills, and I can't go underwater (you never realize how horrible that is until you start exploring down there). So I was completely limited as I walked around in what I knew I could use or do. Not bad right?

Well, I'm a dwarf paladin the powerhouse - right?
I've had over 125 damage, I've got mastered skills in everything and I can do massive damage. I can sanctuary, use other preperation supplications, and I can wrath and holyword. I can also heal (no healing of poison or plague, which is a HUGE weakness since you're limited to periapts or pills) and use my 1 virtue, which is all preps and nothing in combat.

But, I'm a dwarf paladin.
I can't keep anyone in combat, my combat options are wrath, shieldbash, angelswing, holy word, heal, and eating pills or quaffing potions. Powerhouse right? Right, but it's boring as having a root canal. I was just a ram who did all preps, shifted, and did murder @target. Now I'm a paladin, who does preps, and wraths/shieldbashes. Notice the similarity? Yes, I have some things that make it a bit more interesting, but it's all using the terrain - nothing that requires exploring really. You can only use no-exit rooms, explore, and chase for so long before it gets repetitive.

But I'm a dwarf paladin who's not cabaled.
My beliefs circled around killing Liches, and I wanted to become the ultimate Lich-killer and man did I pick the wrong class. I'm about as useful against that bulldozer as a cheerleader with pom-poms. Add in the fact I'm constantly stuck between friends who are warlocks vs sylvans, law vs sylvans, entropy vs law, and much much more. I had the ability to get two groups to fight Dullameh, the first was logged on Dioxide's, the other we did much better but was killed near the end, and he fled with not much trouble at gushing.

But I'm a dwarf paladin with my virtues.
To get my 2nd virtue, I had to kill the Lich - sounds fun right? Everyone keeps saying "It's possible, he was killed by an axe spec, porcupine and invoker!" If it happens once, it'll never happen again. He wouldn't go nowhere no recall or no magic, was ALWAYS prepped besides once, and loved to fight with the rest of the scions. He died once, indirectly because of me because he commited suicide to remove a flag he got for attacking me. And despite how I took that as a victory, none of the gods did - a death is a death right? And Eryndorial never showing up after my 40th title, and never responding to prayers didn't help. Especially since he said "Don't return until the Lich is dead."

But I'm a dwarf paladin, I can kill liches right?
1035/1048hp 406/761m 645mv 23444tnl
A cute and somewhat fuzzy bunny lich's slice does UNSPEAKABLE things to you!
You have been KILLED!!
Don't ask - besides being the stupidest thing whoever that was could have done, I had to try and kill it. I'm all for interaction, but where I have to die because of rp and be humilated by everyone? A bunny lich walks up and start saying I'm weak, and going to be a great servant, yadda yadda. Read my role, and don't tell me a dwarf paladin would tell that Lich to rot in hell and try to kill him. He came back one more time and it crashed soon as he showed up. These crashes DID NOT help at all because everytime it'd come back up, the Immortal or bunny lich would never return - cheap if you ask me. You know I'm going to return, why can't you just log back on like everyone else and continue? Yes, I'm bitter, I wanted more of that bunny. I had a whole conversation worked out:

"You know Lich, I learned something from dying to you as I have learned from all my deaths. I learned one simple thing, that connected with what Dullameh told me a long time ago."
"I attacked you to prove to you and others, I could kill a Lich. I wanted you to see that I was capable of what I have yet to do."
"My entire life is based to destroy your kind, and I have stood before the coming hordes, so I can protect others, and show others, that this must be done."
"But Dullameh told me a long time ago, I was a parasite - my entire life was based around killing him, and his goals had nothing to do with me at all."
"I've fought and died for others, to prove myself to others, to prove myself to my Father Eryndorial....and I forgot one simple thing."
"I've chosen this path because I WANTED IT. I left my homeland, and I made the choices that placed me here."
"I don't need to prove myself to anyone but myself, and my Father wanted me to understand that. I'm here for one thing, and damn the world if no thinks I can."
"I know that through my faith and training, I will end your kind - if through what I have now, or one day leading the armies of angels and beings of the higher planes to destroy all of your kind."
"It will happen - there is no chance, there is no maybe - it will. And in that, I don't need to prove anything to you."
"I've come to Thera to pray for heavenly aid and to kill Liches - and I'm done praying. I got my answer and have my faith - and it's looking real bad for you."
emote grabs the bunny by the ears and stares it hard in the eyes.
"So either you make a move to fight me, or respectfully run little bunny while you have a running start - I've got a Lich to kill."

The lone Duke Nukem of CF.

But alas, I'm a dwarf paladin.
I'm just naturally evil I guess. This is my first lightwalker EVER in my entire CF career of 6 years. Live the life of a hero paladin, and you'll figure out what I mean - only a dawn paladin could be worst. Help me rank, help me kill this, help me I'm dying, help me gear, help me pk this guy, help me find my shrine, GAH! Quite honestly, evil will win because good IS dumb. So many times I wanted to rip someone's heart out because they were just an idiot, or not roleplaying, or completely inadequate. But no, I'm a paladin. Suck it up, help and protect the weak, and take that death blow when you know you should flee. Stand up against evil when the odds are against you (All you lightwalkers who log when Dullameh shows up can SUCK MY LEFT NUT. Damn you piss me off), and learn how to regear (I think I have this down to an art).

====side note====
All you equipment hoarders who log on for 15 minutes and quit, I hope you all rot in hell. I've seen it all, from regeneration rings, ivory unicorn amulets, strange bracers, amulets of dragonkind, and much much more which never see the light of day. ##### you all, and I hope the Imms do something about this. I saw the etched dragonpendant like 20 times in my lifetime, and I saw the ivory unicorn for 2 secs and like 20 lightwalker idiots who log in 5 minutes of showing up. You disgust me.

In the end, it just wasn't fun. It was fun being a badass in tanking, exploring, and ranking, but you're so limited in pking it's unbearable from someone who just spent their last char exploring all of thera. It was like having my hands tied behind my back and a sack over my head. I can only play a char for so long that isn't fun and is more work than it's worth. It was great to interact but getting on and being limited to trying to kill the Lich and getting gear, is just flat out boring. It was either a horde of Scions to fight and probably die to, or no one to pk and time to regear.

A quick goodbye list:

Dullameh - You were fun to fight, but it was just annoying to see you toying with me. You had my respect and I think it was great how we would tell each other when to back off since we were logging, or leaving gear or whatever - though in the end, that fully looting, ghost killing was really low.
Targaryen - I knew you wanted that stoneform, and I know who you are. You're always bitch about equipment and always will. This time, you weren't going to get it - the rest of our life was fun before that.
Dugruain - Talk about your ultimate friend and ultimate enemy. Not being lawful, and having to be friends with almost everyone I could to survive, we bumped heads a bunch but we did well.
Rhowyn - You so deserve being a Lich. I've seen you from Yasraena and now Crovax and no offense, but hands down you deserve being a lich over Dullameh. You've got the brains, the roleplay, and the skill. A pity we never got to fight, though I think that saved your life
Avmenseur - You chocolate drinking madman, heh. You were the complete opposite of me in character, and it was great to have you around as entertainment even though you have my sorrow for getting the golden jaguar *wink* Hope you get your chocolate dragon...
Rarchis and Lasella- My friends, I'm sorry I'm leaving you both out there. We ranked, we laughed, we explored, you taught me things and I taught you things. I hope we meet once again.

To everyone else, it was fun for awhile but just became work. This character just wasn't me, and was too untactical for my taste. You can fight that since I have limited options, I am more tactics, but I want more options. Being the Lich-Hunter paladin is like an oxymoron, and after all I found out and not being able to use it is like a child on Chrismas Morning - you have about 5 minutes before he tears through that box despite what he's supposed to do.

And you can sure as hell bet I'm making a fun-roleplay/evil-pker now. Time to return to basics.
(desc and role at the bottom)

See you in the fields,
CRS

There is only one way to be happy by means of the heart -- to have none.
-- Paul Bourget

desc + Before you is a short stocky figure which after a moment you figure must be a
desc + dwarf, yet he is completely different looking than most. His skin is a dark
desc + grey, with a metallic-looking finish that seems to almost glow with an orange
desc + hue over and inbetween his bulging muscles. The orangue hue increases to a
desc + complete firery glow around his hands, the air distorted by the heat
desc + eminating from within - it's as if a fire burns underneath his skin. Atop
desc + his hairless head is an intricate design of red tattoes that clearly look
desc + like an ancient script of burning runes that are obviously of great
desc + importance, for they continue around his chin where most dwarves grow the
desc + pride of their life, yet he has no beard and it seems as if he's completely
desc + hairless. His eyes compliment his body with their soft grey gaze that holds a
desc + mix of emotions of sadness, hope and indifference. Though through his clearly
desc + exercised body of perfection, his obvious skill with a shield and weapon, and
desc + lack of alcoholic fumes that curse most dwarves, shows that above all is his
desc + determination to destroy evil.

role + "So you wanna know about dat dwarf eh?" inquires one of a group of dwarf
role + miners, drinking away their lives in the Inn of the Eternal Star. "Odd fella,
role + most donna know much about him since he's not that much into talkin' with a
role + bit of aid, eh?" chuckles the dwarf as he drinks away. Another dwarf chimes
role + in with his laughter, even though he seems sober than the rest, and adds
role + "Aye, but I know of him." The others suddenly stop drinking and look at him
role + stunned. "Aye, I met him because I was curious," continues the dwarf. "I was
role + curious if he was really what he's said to be." The others nod in silent
role + respect as one whispers quietly, "He's one of the Bloodfire dwarfs..."
role +
role + The sober dwarf walks off into a cozy corner, motioning for you to follow as
role + he leaves his group of friends for a bit of talk. Pulling out his pipe, he
role + looks around to eye the shadows then continues. "See, the Bloodfire dwarfs
role + were a group of holy fanatics in their views, and disappeared from Mortorn
role + when their ways weren't appreciated. They believe in the temperance of all
role + things, including alcohol - which some say is the blood of a dwarf." Laughing
role + for a minute, he sighs and continues, "Although they left they were always
role + held in the highest respects as the protectors of all. It wasn't because they
role + stood up to the armies, it's because they were almost like assassins - they
role + killed evil, yet only hunted the most evil or the most deadly, yet were
role + unchanged by hunting such evil - they were the flame that would burn the
role + roots of all evil. They saved...many lives and probably my own in some way."
role +
role + "Well before I go a ramblin', they're called the Bloodfire dwarfs because
role + what burns in their blood is not normal. Some even say their blood is
role + flamable, and you can see as I can the color of his skin...it's the fuel to
role + their soul." Taking a long puff on his pipe, he stops and eyes you judgingly.
role + "Don't you go judging that dwarf - he may be quiet but he's a heart of solid
role + fire. The love that burns and the love that cures, he's probably the best
role + dwarf of all the lot," as he makes a sweeping motion with his hand of the
role + Inn. "He's a strict follower of his ways - dedicated to his faith of the
role + Bloodfire above all, and a keeper of the balance in his life. Temperance,
role + temperance, temperance is all he'll ever say. "With temperance in all, you do
role + not exceed your own ability and have no weaknesses in pride or arrogance.""
role + Laughing as he empties his pipe he remarks jokingly that it's probably rule
role + 1578 of his faith.
role +
role + Standing up and dusting himself of the pipe dust, he adds a few final
role + comments as he moves back to the group who is now fighting to sit up
role + straight. "The rest, well, you canna figure out. I know he's on some quest,
role + some holy journey or something. Has to do with liches, and other things of
role + dark power - you ask him and figure it out. Doesn't take long though to
role + figure out, he's...well, different. It's not that he thinks faster...but
role + better. Good guy, really, should go meet em." Chuckling as he slaps your back
role + in good health, "After a drink of course!" Your questions are drowned out in
role + the drunken cheering of the group of miners as you see the strange dwarf
role + enter the Inn.
role +
role + (ooc)
role + Crovax is an avatar-priest of the Bloodfire dwarfs, a group that believes
role + through moderation in all and true belief in faith, that they can become the
role + greatest evil-fighting force ever. They're trained in complete temperance of
role + the body, mind, and soul - a balance of all so they have no weaknesses, and
role + causes most to become void of normal love/friendship connections because of
role + the seriousness needed for the job. Crovax deals with this by having a love
role + of staying on the top of his ability through riddles to keep his mind sharp
role + and laughing his pain away. The pain that harms him is only the pain of
role + realizing he's alone in Thera in his quest but he holds to his faith and
role + teachings to keep him on goal.
role +
role + -ooc cont.-
role + Crovax left the Bloodfire dwarfs hidden deep in the caves below the Sands of
role + Sorrow because he felt their secret work upon Thera needed to end. The icons
role + of evil were growing not slowing and nothing was being done about it. Crovax
role + reasoned that the reason evil was spreading and in power was slowly because
role + of the lack of ways to deal with the true evil - liches. No one could stand
role + up to the aged demi-gods and alone they could destroy cities, and lay waste
role + to the armies of good. It was Crovax's solemn promise that he would stand up
role + to them. There would be no weakness because of his training and his faith
role + alone would grant him the power to destroy these roots to the problems of the
role + world. Perhaps he could even find the scriptures of the Bloodfire rituals to
role + become imbued with the power of angels - an icon of good, that would balance
role + the scales against the Liches of Thera.
role +

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 28-Mar-02 11:55 PM
Reply RE: (DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous, Cyp (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:45 PM, #28
Reply RE: (DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:53 PM, #31
     Reply RE: (DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous, Cyp (Guest), 29-Mar-02 03:44 PM, #34
Reply Well, A Sylvan (Guest), 29-Mar-02 06:39 AM, #18
Reply =read this first=, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 04:56 AM, #14
Reply Well, this was unexpected. (long), CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 12:39 AM #2
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), Isildur, 29-Mar-02 01:06 AM, #4
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:12 AM, #5
Reply I certainly hope, watcher (Guest), 29-Mar-02 12:33 PM, #23
     Reply RE: I certainly hope, Isildur, 29-Mar-02 02:37 PM, #25
          Reply RE: I certainly hope, Blush (Guest), 30-Mar-02 12:55 AM, #37
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), Zulghinlour, 29-Mar-02 02:58 AM, #6
Reply Man, wtf, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 04:30 AM, #10
     Reply Er..., Random Thinker, 29-Mar-02 10:07 AM, #21
          Reply RE: Er..., CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:41 PM, #27
Reply Argh, ArChaos, 29-Mar-02 03:11 AM, #7
Reply RE: Argh, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 04:46 AM, #13
     Reply RE: Argh, ArChaos, 29-Mar-02 06:12 AM, #17
          Reply RE: Argh, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:50 PM, #30
Reply muahaha, Arolin (Guest), 29-Mar-02 04:18 AM, #8
Reply RE: muahaha, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 04:38 AM, #11
     Reply RE: muahaha, Valguarnera, 29-Mar-02 05:13 AM, #15
     Reply RE: muahaha, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:41 PM, #26
     Reply I should have thought this would be obvious, but what t..., nepenthe, 29-Mar-02 05:31 AM, #16
          Reply praying morons, Arolin (Guest), 29-Mar-02 07:06 AM, #19
               Reply RE: praying moron, Valguarnera, 29-Mar-02 01:07 PM, #24
               Reply RE: praying morons, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:45 PM, #29
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), Kerikorlian (Guest), 29-Mar-02 04:24 AM, #9
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 04:41 AM, #12
Reply Heya, Dugruain, 29-Mar-02 08:53 AM, #20
Reply RE: Heya, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:55 PM, #32
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), Rarchis (Guest), 29-Mar-02 11:50 AM, #22
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:56 PM, #33
Reply Thank you for the kind words.., Rhowyn (Guest), 29-Mar-02 06:08 PM, #35
Reply I'm going to be blunt...I'm trying to help., shokai, 29-Mar-02 07:54 PM, #36
Reply RE: I'm going to be blunt...I'm trying to help., CRS (Guest), 30-Mar-02 02:28 AM, #38
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), Dullameh, 30-Mar-02 04:22 PM, #39
Reply RE: (DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous, White Howler (Guest), 29-Mar-02 12:20 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 12:48 AM, #3
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5419 Previous topic | Next topic