Subject: "(DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5419
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 28-Mar-02 11:55 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2024
16814 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5419, "(DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous"

Thu Mar 28 23:53:56 2002

8 o''clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Shadows on the Theran calendar Crovax perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:126
PK Ratio:27% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous, Cyp (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:45 PM, #28
Reply RE: (DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:53 PM, #31
     Reply RE: (DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous, Cyp (Guest), 29-Mar-02 03:44 PM, #34
Reply Well, A Sylvan (Guest), 29-Mar-02 06:39 AM, #18
Reply =read this first=, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 04:56 AM, #14
Reply Well, this was unexpected. (long), CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 12:39 AM, #2
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), Isildur, 29-Mar-02 01:06 AM, #4
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:12 AM, #5
Reply I certainly hope, watcher (Guest), 29-Mar-02 12:33 PM, #23
     Reply RE: I certainly hope, Isildur, 29-Mar-02 02:37 PM, #25
          Reply RE: I certainly hope, Blush (Guest), 30-Mar-02 12:55 AM, #37
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), Zulghinlour, 29-Mar-02 02:58 AM, #6
Reply Man, wtf, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 04:30 AM, #10
     Reply Er..., Random Thinker, 29-Mar-02 10:07 AM, #21
          Reply RE: Er..., CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:41 PM, #27
Reply Argh, ArChaos, 29-Mar-02 03:11 AM, #7
Reply RE: Argh, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 04:46 AM, #13
     Reply RE: Argh, ArChaos, 29-Mar-02 06:12 AM, #17
          Reply RE: Argh, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:50 PM, #30
Reply muahaha, Arolin (Guest), 29-Mar-02 04:18 AM, #8
Reply RE: muahaha, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 04:38 AM, #11
     Reply RE: muahaha, Valguarnera, 29-Mar-02 05:13 AM, #15
     Reply RE: muahaha, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:41 PM, #26
     Reply I should have thought this would be obvious, but what t..., nepenthe, 29-Mar-02 05:31 AM, #16
          Reply praying morons, Arolin (Guest), 29-Mar-02 07:06 AM, #19
               Reply RE: praying moron, Valguarnera, 29-Mar-02 01:07 PM, #24
               Reply RE: praying morons, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:45 PM, #29
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), Kerikorlian (Guest), 29-Mar-02 04:24 AM, #9
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 04:41 AM, #12
Reply Heya, Dugruain, 29-Mar-02 08:53 AM, #20
Reply RE: Heya, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:55 PM, #32
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), Rarchis (Guest), 29-Mar-02 11:50 AM, #22
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 02:56 PM, #33
Reply Thank you for the kind words.., Rhowyn (Guest), 29-Mar-02 06:08 PM, #35
Reply I'm going to be blunt...I'm trying to help., shokai, 29-Mar-02 07:54 PM, #36
Reply RE: I'm going to be blunt...I'm trying to help., CRS (Guest), 30-Mar-02 02:28 AM, #38
Reply RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long), Dullameh, 30-Mar-02 04:22 PM, #39
Reply RE: (DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous, White Howler (Guest), 29-Mar-02 12:20 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous, CRS (Guest), 29-Mar-02 12:48 AM, #3

Cyp (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 02:45 PM

#5420, "RE: (DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #0

Did you delete before or after relogging after the crash at the electricity bishop?
I got smoked in a hurry when the mud came back up. I guess you may be calling me one of those incompetent goodies, and I'll admit I have a LOT to learn, but you have to learn somewhere.

Thanks for the bit you showed me, I wish I could have been your elemental shielding shadow for a while to learn some more.

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 02:53 PM

#5421, "RE: (DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #28

Cyp, quite honestly, it's people like you that I live for.
You weren't that good, but you wanted to learn more. You weren't afraid to ask, you were happy to come along to learn stuff, and you just flat out showed you wanted to learn. Most people, it's either they want to know but not do anything, or they're too good to ask. Keep it up - despite how many Arolin's or other people say you're a newbie, keep asking. You learn that way, and the thing is...

I think some are getting pissed because I'm beginning to know more

And no, I deleted later...arch bishop destroyed my clothes in the 1st round I got on though - god my luck is horrible.

CRS

Cyp (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 03:44 PM

#5422, "RE: (DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #31

I logged every damn second I was with you...now I have to go back through it and sort out the good stuff.

That bishop killed me so fast when I logged back in that I didn't have time to crap my pants. Times like that are the absolute worst reason for invoker shields not staying with them through crash/reboot. When you quit out you have control of where you come back, but in a crash you might lose it when your fighting a bad ass bishop with "dayafteryour21stbirthdayandyourroomatesdogcrappedinyourmouth" bad breath. And the worst part is that door is no pass and by the time I found the door It was too late to prep up/rest and take the fellow with the key before my corpse decayed....luckily the baby scavengers weren't waiting at the pit.

And to top it all off the Lich had just logged in. He is one tough bastard, but so far I have tried to stand up to him...gotten smoked...but fought him.

A Sylvan (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 06:39 AM

#5423, "Well"
In response to Reply #0

Did you really invite Dugruain to Arboria when we were there?

You told another Sylvan you didn't, you told me you didn't know we'd clash.. just didn't sound right to me.

I mean, a dwarf and a good-intentioned elf with me in Arboria, Dugruain shows up, you talk to him, he tells you not to help me, then he fights me. Lying and backstabbing aren't good ways to get a second virtue (assuming that's what you did, though you did lie to one of us).

You wouldn't word me (I wasn't going to fight unprepared in a city), you just sat there. I almost expected you to start healing him. Good thing the elf wasn't like you huh?

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 04:56 AM

#5424, "=read this first="
In response to Reply #0

Man, don't even reply. I'm tired of this. Just remove this whole goodbye.

I had a character I didn't like. I ranked fast, I killed fast, I died fast and it was all boring and wasn't my class. I'm not going to keep something that isn't fun for me, so I deleted.

The roleplay wasn't stellar and neither was the plan, because I should have thought more about what I wanted then just power rank some paladin. It was all there for a quality char, but I wasn't behind it so it was pointless.

So stop telling me, this is Aether Syndrome, or some famous Aether delete and an example of how bad I failed, or some other flame. Ask yourself, if you had a character you didn't like, would you keep playing just to prove everyone else you can stick to it? Blah.

I shouldn't have even left a goodbye and said to hell with it.

CRS

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 12:39 AM

#5425, "Well, this was unexpected. (long)"
In response to Reply #0

To sum it all up, the char was really no fun at all.

I ranked like a madman, and didn't really pk at all and then here's the hero ranks. Time to get all prepped and be a powerhouse right?

Yes, I'm a dwarf paladin.
Well, there's a lot I didn't consider in making this character. My last char, Yasraena, had explored 95% of Thera and had find all kinds of neat things that are extremely useful and powerful, but guess what? I'm a dwarf paladin - I can't use anything but potions/pills, and I can't go underwater (you never realize how horrible that is until you start exploring down there). So I was completely limited as I walked around in what I knew I could use or do. Not bad right?

Well, I'm a dwarf paladin the powerhouse - right?
I've had over 125 damage, I've got mastered skills in everything and I can do massive damage. I can sanctuary, use other preperation supplications, and I can wrath and holyword. I can also heal (no healing of poison or plague, which is a HUGE weakness since you're limited to periapts or pills) and use my 1 virtue, which is all preps and nothing in combat.

But, I'm a dwarf paladin.
I can't keep anyone in combat, my combat options are wrath, shieldbash, angelswing, holy word, heal, and eating pills or quaffing potions. Powerhouse right? Right, but it's boring as having a root canal. I was just a ram who did all preps, shifted, and did murder @target. Now I'm a paladin, who does preps, and wraths/shieldbashes. Notice the similarity? Yes, I have some things that make it a bit more interesting, but it's all using the terrain - nothing that requires exploring really. You can only use no-exit rooms, explore, and chase for so long before it gets repetitive.

But I'm a dwarf paladin who's not cabaled.
My beliefs circled around killing Liches, and I wanted to become the ultimate Lich-killer and man did I pick the wrong class. I'm about as useful against that bulldozer as a cheerleader with pom-poms. Add in the fact I'm constantly stuck between friends who are warlocks vs sylvans, law vs sylvans, entropy vs law, and much much more. I had the ability to get two groups to fight Dullameh, the first was logged on Dioxide's, the other we did much better but was killed near the end, and he fled with not much trouble at gushing.

But I'm a dwarf paladin with my virtues.
To get my 2nd virtue, I had to kill the Lich - sounds fun right? Everyone keeps saying "It's possible, he was killed by an axe spec, porcupine and invoker!" If it happens once, it'll never happen again. He wouldn't go nowhere no recall or no magic, was ALWAYS prepped besides once, and loved to fight with the rest of the scions. He died once, indirectly because of me because he commited suicide to remove a flag he got for attacking me. And despite how I took that as a victory, none of the gods did - a death is a death right? And Eryndorial never showing up after my 40th title, and never responding to prayers didn't help. Especially since he said "Don't return until the Lich is dead."

But I'm a dwarf paladin, I can kill liches right?
1035/1048hp 406/761m 645mv 23444tnl
A cute and somewhat fuzzy bunny lich's slice does UNSPEAKABLE things to you!
You have been KILLED!!
Don't ask - besides being the stupidest thing whoever that was could have done, I had to try and kill it. I'm all for interaction, but where I have to die because of rp and be humilated by everyone? A bunny lich walks up and start saying I'm weak, and going to be a great servant, yadda yadda. Read my role, and don't tell me a dwarf paladin would tell that Lich to rot in hell and try to kill him. He came back one more time and it crashed soon as he showed up. These crashes DID NOT help at all because everytime it'd come back up, the Immortal or bunny lich would never return - cheap if you ask me. You know I'm going to return, why can't you just log back on like everyone else and continue? Yes, I'm bitter, I wanted more of that bunny. I had a whole conversation worked out:

"You know Lich, I learned something from dying to you as I have learned from all my deaths. I learned one simple thing, that connected with what Dullameh told me a long time ago."
"I attacked you to prove to you and others, I could kill a Lich. I wanted you to see that I was capable of what I have yet to do."
"My entire life is based to destroy your kind, and I have stood before the coming hordes, so I can protect others, and show others, that this must be done."
"But Dullameh told me a long time ago, I was a parasite - my entire life was based around killing him, and his goals had nothing to do with me at all."
"I've fought and died for others, to prove myself to others, to prove myself to my Father Eryndorial....and I forgot one simple thing."
"I've chosen this path because I WANTED IT. I left my homeland, and I made the choices that placed me here."
"I don't need to prove myself to anyone but myself, and my Father wanted me to understand that. I'm here for one thing, and damn the world if no thinks I can."
"I know that through my faith and training, I will end your kind - if through what I have now, or one day leading the armies of angels and beings of the higher planes to destroy all of your kind."
"It will happen - there is no chance, there is no maybe - it will. And in that, I don't need to prove anything to you."
"I've come to Thera to pray for heavenly aid and to kill Liches - and I'm done praying. I got my answer and have my faith - and it's looking real bad for you."
emote grabs the bunny by the ears and stares it hard in the eyes.
"So either you make a move to fight me, or respectfully run little bunny while you have a running start - I've got a Lich to kill."

The lone Duke Nukem of CF.

But alas, I'm a dwarf paladin.
I'm just naturally evil I guess. This is my first lightwalker EVER in my entire CF career of 6 years. Live the life of a hero paladin, and you'll figure out what I mean - only a dawn paladin could be worst. Help me rank, help me kill this, help me I'm dying, help me gear, help me pk this guy, help me find my shrine, GAH! Quite honestly, evil will win because good IS dumb. So many times I wanted to rip someone's heart out because they were just an idiot, or not roleplaying, or completely inadequate. But no, I'm a paladin. Suck it up, help and protect the weak, and take that death blow when you know you should flee. Stand up against evil when the odds are against you (All you lightwalkers who log when Dullameh shows up can SUCK MY LEFT NUT. Damn you piss me off), and learn how to regear (I think I have this down to an art).

====side note====
All you equipment hoarders who log on for 15 minutes and quit, I hope you all rot in hell. I've seen it all, from regeneration rings, ivory unicorn amulets, strange bracers, amulets of dragonkind, and much much more which never see the light of day. ##### you all, and I hope the Imms do something about this. I saw the etched dragonpendant like 20 times in my lifetime, and I saw the ivory unicorn for 2 secs and like 20 lightwalker idiots who log in 5 minutes of showing up. You disgust me.

In the end, it just wasn't fun. It was fun being a badass in tanking, exploring, and ranking, but you're so limited in pking it's unbearable from someone who just spent their last char exploring all of thera. It was like having my hands tied behind my back and a sack over my head. I can only play a char for so long that isn't fun and is more work than it's worth. It was great to interact but getting on and being limited to trying to kill the Lich and getting gear, is just flat out boring. It was either a horde of Scions to fight and probably die to, or no one to pk and time to regear.

A quick goodbye list:

Dullameh - You were fun to fight, but it was just annoying to see you toying with me. You had my respect and I think it was great how we would tell each other when to back off since we were logging, or leaving gear or whatever - though in the end, that fully looting, ghost killing was really low.
Targaryen - I knew you wanted that stoneform, and I know who you are. You're always bitch about equipment and always will. This time, you weren't going to get it - the rest of our life was fun before that.
Dugruain - Talk about your ultimate friend and ultimate enemy. Not being lawful, and having to be friends with almost everyone I could to survive, we bumped heads a bunch but we did well.
Rhowyn - You so deserve being a Lich. I've seen you from Yasraena and now Crovax and no offense, but hands down you deserve being a lich over Dullameh. You've got the brains, the roleplay, and the skill. A pity we never got to fight, though I think that saved your life
Avmenseur - You chocolate drinking madman, heh. You were the complete opposite of me in character, and it was great to have you around as entertainment even though you have my sorrow for getting the golden jaguar *wink* Hope you get your chocolate dragon...
Rarchis and Lasella- My friends, I'm sorry I'm leaving you both out there. We ranked, we laughed, we explored, you taught me things and I taught you things. I hope we meet once again.

To everyone else, it was fun for awhile but just became work. This character just wasn't me, and was too untactical for my taste. You can fight that since I have limited options, I am more tactics, but I want more options. Being the Lich-Hunter paladin is like an oxymoron, and after all I found out and not being able to use it is like a child on Chrismas Morning - you have about 5 minutes before he tears through that box despite what he's supposed to do.

And you can sure as hell bet I'm making a fun-roleplay/evil-pker now. Time to return to basics.
(desc and role at the bottom)

See you in the fields,
CRS

There is only one way to be happy by means of the heart -- to have none.
-- Paul Bourget

desc + Before you is a short stocky figure which after a moment you figure must be a
desc + dwarf, yet he is completely different looking than most. His skin is a dark
desc + grey, with a metallic-looking finish that seems to almost glow with an orange
desc + hue over and inbetween his bulging muscles. The orangue hue increases to a
desc + complete firery glow around his hands, the air distorted by the heat
desc + eminating from within - it's as if a fire burns underneath his skin. Atop
desc + his hairless head is an intricate design of red tattoes that clearly look
desc + like an ancient script of burning runes that are obviously of great
desc + importance, for they continue around his chin where most dwarves grow the
desc + pride of their life, yet he has no beard and it seems as if he's completely
desc + hairless. His eyes compliment his body with their soft grey gaze that holds a
desc + mix of emotions of sadness, hope and indifference. Though through his clearly
desc + exercised body of perfection, his obvious skill with a shield and weapon, and
desc + lack of alcoholic fumes that curse most dwarves, shows that above all is his
desc + determination to destroy evil.

role + "So you wanna know about dat dwarf eh?" inquires one of a group of dwarf
role + miners, drinking away their lives in the Inn of the Eternal Star. "Odd fella,
role + most donna know much about him since he's not that much into talkin' with a
role + bit of aid, eh?" chuckles the dwarf as he drinks away. Another dwarf chimes
role + in with his laughter, even though he seems sober than the rest, and adds
role + "Aye, but I know of him." The others suddenly stop drinking and look at him
role + stunned. "Aye, I met him because I was curious," continues the dwarf. "I was
role + curious if he was really what he's said to be." The others nod in silent
role + respect as one whispers quietly, "He's one of the Bloodfire dwarfs..."
role +
role + The sober dwarf walks off into a cozy corner, motioning for you to follow as
role + he leaves his group of friends for a bit of talk. Pulling out his pipe, he
role + looks around to eye the shadows then continues. "See, the Bloodfire dwarfs
role + were a group of holy fanatics in their views, and disappeared from Mortorn
role + when their ways weren't appreciated. They believe in the temperance of all
role + things, including alcohol - which some say is the blood of a dwarf." Laughing
role + for a minute, he sighs and continues, "Although they left they were always
role + held in the highest respects as the protectors of all. It wasn't because they
role + stood up to the armies, it's because they were almost like assassins - they
role + killed evil, yet only hunted the most evil or the most deadly, yet were
role + unchanged by hunting such evil - they were the flame that would burn the
role + roots of all evil. They saved...many lives and probably my own in some way."
role +
role + "Well before I go a ramblin', they're called the Bloodfire dwarfs because
role + what burns in their blood is not normal. Some even say their blood is
role + flamable, and you can see as I can the color of his skin...it's the fuel to
role + their soul." Taking a long puff on his pipe, he stops and eyes you judgingly.
role + "Don't you go judging that dwarf - he may be quiet but he's a heart of solid
role + fire. The love that burns and the love that cures, he's probably the best
role + dwarf of all the lot," as he makes a sweeping motion with his hand of the
role + Inn. "He's a strict follower of his ways - dedicated to his faith of the
role + Bloodfire above all, and a keeper of the balance in his life. Temperance,
role + temperance, temperance is all he'll ever say. "With temperance in all, you do
role + not exceed your own ability and have no weaknesses in pride or arrogance.""
role + Laughing as he empties his pipe he remarks jokingly that it's probably rule
role + 1578 of his faith.
role +
role + Standing up and dusting himself of the pipe dust, he adds a few final
role + comments as he moves back to the group who is now fighting to sit up
role + straight. "The rest, well, you canna figure out. I know he's on some quest,
role + some holy journey or something. Has to do with liches, and other things of
role + dark power - you ask him and figure it out. Doesn't take long though to
role + figure out, he's...well, different. It's not that he thinks faster...but
role + better. Good guy, really, should go meet em." Chuckling as he slaps your back
role + in good health, "After a drink of course!" Your questions are drowned out in
role + the drunken cheering of the group of miners as you see the strange dwarf
role + enter the Inn.
role +
role + (ooc)
role + Crovax is an avatar-priest of the Bloodfire dwarfs, a group that believes
role + through moderation in all and true belief in faith, that they can become the
role + greatest evil-fighting force ever. They're trained in complete temperance of
role + the body, mind, and soul - a balance of all so they have no weaknesses, and
role + causes most to become void of normal love/friendship connections because of
role + the seriousness needed for the job. Crovax deals with this by having a love
role + of staying on the top of his ability through riddles to keep his mind sharp
role + and laughing his pain away. The pain that harms him is only the pain of
role + realizing he's alone in Thera in his quest but he holds to his faith and
role + teachings to keep him on goal.
role +
role + -ooc cont.-
role + Crovax left the Bloodfire dwarfs hidden deep in the caves below the Sands of
role + Sorrow because he felt their secret work upon Thera needed to end. The icons
role + of evil were growing not slowing and nothing was being done about it. Crovax
role + reasoned that the reason evil was spreading and in power was slowly because
role + of the lack of ways to deal with the true evil - liches. No one could stand
role + up to the aged demi-gods and alone they could destroy cities, and lay waste
role + to the armies of good. It was Crovax's solemn promise that he would stand up
role + to them. There would be no weakness because of his training and his faith
role + alone would grant him the power to destroy these roots to the problems of the
role + world. Perhaps he could even find the scriptures of the Bloodfire rituals to
role + become imbued with the power of angels - an icon of good, that would balance
role + the scales against the Liches of Thera.
role +

IsildurFri 29-Mar-02 01:06 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5452, "RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long)"
In response to Reply #2

My destroying you on the river with Nizrahl is a perfect example of why I consider thieves to be one of the scariest classes around. I recall that you sighed after coming back to loot your corpse. Can't say I blame you -- that was just nasty. Other than that we had no interaction, so I can't really comment on your RP. One thing I will say, though, is that your assessment of goodies seems a bit unfair. The lack of role-play freedom isn't quite as bad as you make it sound. Nobody ever said your goody has to be "nice" when someone around you is being a dumbass.

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 02:12 AM

#5456, "RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long)"
In response to Reply #4

I had just mastered my defenses but was still short on
a few things I needed to finish to tank better, and
I was on my way through Hamsah when the gate is closed.
So I quaff a potion of flight, then get caught up at
the bank and guild, and I had 1 hour on the flight. So
I thought I would just make it around the river when
I was blackjacked. I was like...."#####" It was a brutal
battle to the death, in which I think I was tripped like
15 times and never got a command off.

I agree thieves are scary, just boring to me.

CRS

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
Fools talk because they have to say something.
-Plato

watcher (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 12:33 PM

#5453, "I certainly hope"
In response to Reply #4

That you have deleted Nizrahl before this, and this is not another slip up that reveals a current character.

IsildurFri 29-Mar-02 02:37 PM
5969 posts
#5454, "RE: I certainly hope"
In response to Reply #23

I posted a goodbye on Dio's.

"Another" slip up?

Blush (Guest)Sat 30-Mar-02 12:55 AM

#5455, "RE: I certainly hope"
In response to Reply #25

Probably referring to me.

I'll talk about it more after I (auto?)delete or (con|age) die.

And, maybe others...

ZulghinlourFri 29-Mar-02 02:58 AM
9792 posts
#5448, "RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long)"
In response to Reply #2

Here is my favorite part

>role + world. Perhaps he could even find the scriptures of
>the Bloodfire rituals to
>role + become imbued with the power of angels - an icon of
>good, that would balance
>role + the scales against the Liches of Thera.

Let us suggest rewards in our role.

role + I studied lots about shapeshifters.
role + P.S. Displacer Beast.
role add

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 04:30 AM

#5449, "Man, wtf"
In response to Reply #6

What's wrong with a little direction?
What's wrong with a suggestion?
You think that Dragon shifter did his whole role without a hint he
wanted a dragon form?

I think I've decided my next char is going to have no goals and no aspirations, that way I won't piss off some Imm.

CRS

Random ThinkerFri 29-Mar-02 10:07 AM
9 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5450, "Er..."
In response to Reply #10

Hifflio was a *little* different. He roleplayed every aspect of his character as someone who has been studying dragons for years (which ended up being true in game terms), AND visited the Dragon Tower regularly, AND took no forms for his whole pre-hero and good deal of his hero life, AND was still a moderate badass (as badass as you can be working with scourge and..scourge). Not to mention, he ended up deleting before getting his quest form...

Don't complain too much.

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 02:41 PM

#5451, "RE: Er..."
In response to Reply #21

I guess I'm just more "up front" than most. See, I'm twisted in the fact that a long time ago, I did get something special - I had a paladin turned into an anti-paladin by scarabaeus. Then guess what happens? He quits CF. I'm a level 20 anti-paladin with no spells, and no direction because he left. Quite honestly, I was a child back then and got all pissed and deleted. I guess, if I want something special I'm just more direct than most because once I got a 1/4th of a glass, and I wanted the other 3/4ths but Scarab left. I understand you're points and I will change my standpoint.

CRS

ArChaosFri 29-Mar-02 03:11 AM
352 posts
#5444, "Argh"
In response to Reply #2

IT'S AETHER SYNDROME AGAIN!
Your last character was deleted on the 12th march, this char deletes on the 28th march.

You write a leaving note longer than my #####

You posted a note on dio's proclaiming you were the first dwarf paladin, like it was some sort of frickin' achievement

You write like you were the 2nd coming of jesus and everyone else was chaff.

You're like a bad hastur on speed.

>Well, I'm a dwarf paladin the powerhouse - right?
>I've had over 125 damage, I've got mastered skills in
>everything and I can do massive damage. I can sanctuary, use
>other preperation supplications, and I can wrath and
>holyword.

Ahh the pleasurable reminder of the time in CF me & aber' killed "Aether" and nicked your pwents set only for you to whinge about how you had all your skills and lots of dam roll, you surely couldn't die to another dagger spec.

>But I'm a dwarf paladin, I can kill liches right?

depends on your luck

>1035/1048hp 406/761m 645mv 23444tnl
>A cute and somewhat fuzzy bunny lich's slice does
>UNSPEAKABLE things to you!
>You have been KILLED!!
>Don't ask - besides being the stupidest thing whoever that
>was could have done, I had to try and kill it. I'm all for
>interaction, but where I have to die because of rp and be
>humilated by everyone?

I'd love to see the Imm view of this - Lich bunnies don't usually stroll down the street so there has to be an amusing story.

>Yes, I'm bitter, I wanted more of that bunny. I had a whole
>conversation worked out:
>
>"You know Lich, I learned something from dying to you as I
>have learned from all my deaths. I learned one simple thing,
>that connected with what Dullameh told me a long time ago."
> "I attacked you to prove to you and others, I could kill a
>Lich. I wanted you to see that I was capable of what I have
>yet to do."
> "My entire life is based to destroy your kind, and I have
>stood before the coming hordes, so I can protect others, and
>show others, that this must be done."
> "But Dullameh told me a long time ago, I was a parasite -
>my entire life was based around killing him, and his goals
>had nothing to do with me at all."
> "I've fought and died for others, to prove myself to
>others, to prove myself to my Father Eryndorial....and I
>forgot one simple thing."
>"I've chosen this path because I WANTED IT. I left my
>homeland, and I made the choices that placed me here."
> "I don't need to prove myself to anyone but myself, and my
>Father wanted me to understand that. I'm here for one thing,
>and damn the world if no thinks I can."
> "I know that through my faith and training, I will end your
>kind - if through what I have now, or one day leading the
>armies of angels and beings of the higher planes to destroy
>all of your kind."
> "It will happen - there is no chance, there is no maybe -
>it will. And in that, I don't need to prove anything to
>you."
>"I've come to Thera to pray for heavenly aid and to kill
>Liches - and I'm done praying. I got my answer and have my
>faith - and it's looking real bad for you."
> emote grabs the bunny by the ears and stares it hard in the
>eyes.
> "So either you make a move to fight me, or respectfully run
>little bunny while you have a running start - I've got a
>Lich to kill."

That's not a conversation - it's a monologue

>To everyone else, it was fun for awhile but just became
>work.

100+ hours on your character in about 16 days - is this a sarcastic comment or something?

>role + figure out, he's...well, different. It's not that he
>thinks faster...but better.

bwuahahahahahha

>role + world. Perhaps he could even find the scriptures of
>the Bloodfire rituals to
>role + become imbued with the power of angels - an icon of
>good, that would balance
>role + the scales against the Liches of Thera.

Bwuahahahahahaahahaha,
Yet Another Aether Role (YAAR) that is looking for something from the imms to make him special. Quest forms, Quest Abilities, now the frickin' angel form.
Bwuahahahahahahahahah

ie Yaserena
role add
role Nearing the end of her training, she begins her search of the world and the secrets to that why she picked shapeshifting - possession. Stories of Minalcar and others flood her mind with jealousy as she prepares her body for that which in her eyes is obvious what will happen when gifted by her Prince.

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 04:46 AM

#5445, "RE: Argh"
In response to Reply #7

Alright, this is going to get harsh but I'm going to cut it down.

Paladin isn't my class.

I wanted options, and there isn't much. Try playing a ram, and understand why I want more than murder, with tweaks and preps.

That quote about my thief, was like 5 years ago you dumbass. Grow up and move on, it's like I'm the only one that has. I never complained about my killing ability, I killed plenty. It's just it was boring, which I said, PLENTY of times - learn to read.

The character ranked up fast and died fast because it's Spring Break and it's not what I wanted - why keep a class I don't want? I deleted.

And what's wrong with a little direction in your role? I wanted a guy that could stand up to liches, which can walk over anyone. So what, so much for originality in ideas.

Plain and simple, ##### off. People like you, disgust me.
I didn't like the Paladin class, and I deleted. Move on.

CRS

ArChaosFri 29-Mar-02 06:12 AM
352 posts
#5446, "RE: Argh"
In response to Reply #13

>Paladin isn't my class.

I think you already said that - 16 times.

>I wanted options, and there isn't much. Try playing a ram,
>and understand why I want more than murder, with tweaks and
>preps.

and uh, so? did i question why you deleted?

>That quote about my thief, was like 5 years ago you dumbass.
>Grow up and move on, it's like I'm the only one that has. I
>never complained about my killing ability, I killed plenty.

oh dear, you see the problem is, i'm seeing the exact same message again, which is why i brought it up...
"i was wonderful, but i just didn't work"

Oh yeah and 27% ratio

>It's just it was boring, which I said, PLENTY of times -
>learn to read.

Did i argue that? I know what paladins are, i'm just passing comments on the other messages your sprinkling through it.

>And what's wrong with a little direction in your role? I
>wanted a guy that could stand up to liches, which can walk
>over anyone. So what, so much for originality in ideas.

Is this in reply to the fact that in every single role your asking for a Quest something or other?

>Plain and simple, ##### off. People like you, disgust me.
>I didn't like the Paladin class, and I deleted. Move on.
>
>CRS

Naw, you see. You didn't like the paladin class, you wrote a 3page A4 letter about how much you rocked, the class sucked, you didn't like it, you were great, the lich's killed you even though you had the special role thing, etc

IF you did what you just claimed you did, do you think i would still have pissed myself laughing at your note?

I see the same ##### in every delete note you write. People like you, disgust me*. I passed comment. Move on.

G

*not really, i just love quoting people back at them

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 02:50 PM

#5447, "RE: Argh"
In response to Reply #17

Last time I'm going to say this -

I never said the class sucks, I said it's boring.
I never complained about my ability to kill, I said I didn't like it.
(And that 27% is from a lich horde that chased me around and I
got tired of running from.)
I added that into my role and others because I like direction for
myself. Yeah, I get your point and everyone elses.
I never said I rocked, I said I did good but it's not my type of fun.
I never whined about the lich killing me, it's just a simple fact.

Stop reading between the lines, there is none.
I didn't like the class, I deleted.

CRS

Arolin (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 04:18 AM

#5436, "muahaha"
In response to Reply #2

Dullameh boots your shifter in scion so you make a paladin
with a specific roleplay to kill him

I find it amusing that people time after time make chars
for 1 of the 2 following reasons:

1) This guy screwed me, ill make a char to kill him.
2) This guy was tough, ill repeat his char

The Problem with this is then you end up being vulnerable to whole
new combo of people and then you make a new char to deal with those new people and so the circle continues and continues.

The more this happens, the better the imms are doing with game balance

Specifically your character, I would have thought you would like
all the newbies sending you tells because thats what it felt like
you were doing to us with your scion

I would so never make a dwarf paladin, storm giants are a really nice race, except for 1 major vulnerability, they have to be good align

Your way better off with resist and giant size, pop enlarges and thieves cant jack you, specially now there are certain hinderances for thieves to use enlarge roots.

Like you said, paladin is the wrong char to kill a lich with, specially when you die to him a few times, he becomes even stronger against you.

Paladins are suppose to be chars that are tough, dish it out and can take it. Paladins arent suppose to be LETHAL, tough and lethal are completly different.

You wanted a power house, depends how you define it, if you want people to have a hard time killing you because you win the battle (but not kill them) then you play a paladin.

But if you want a power house that kills people you need a more lethal char, problem is your also gonna be alot more fragile.
So your gonna need the right prep and tatics.

Dont feel like a power house is the ultimate achievement (dev would disagree with me ), i've made tons of them, but i still play non-power houses like ragers which are fun and its not the end of the world if you die.

You also must note your paladin was fighting alot of skilled scions too. Dullameh is quite good, krivohan had 1300hp when he was raking you. I was resisted to the hilt with resist holy.

You should also note that you tell the imms your roleplay is to kill dullameh and they know why ooc too. Its no wonder they made it hard to get your second virtue. Virtues are so damn powerful, i'd take all 6 virtues with the promise to wield nothing but a weapon and a shield But yeah you need to accomplish your characters goals to get more virtues so set lower goals

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 04:38 AM

#5437, "RE: muahaha"
In response to Reply #8

>Dullameh boots your shifter in scion so you make a paladin
>with a specific roleplay to kill him
>
>I find it amusing that people time after time make chars
>for 1 of the 2 following reasons:
>
>1) This guy screwed me, ill make a char to kill him.
>2) This guy was tough, ill repeat his char
>
>The Problem with this is then you end up being vulnerable to
>whole
>new combo of people and then you make a new char to deal
>with those new people and so the circle continues and
>continues.
>
>The more this happens, the better the imms are doing with
>game balance
>

Actually, I made the Paladin to be the highest of evil fighters and Scions were winning - I like the underdog. I've never had a lightwalker, and paladins can be "tough" so I thought I'd all fit in that my highest goal would be to kill Liches. I was actually hoping to fight Dullameh because I wanted the other side. I've killed with him, now I wanted to fight him - it wasn't some sense of revenge, read my goodbye of Yasraena, I didn't give a #####. And yes, he's very skilled.

>Specifically your character, I would have thought you would
>like
>all the newbies sending you tells because thats what it felt
>like
>you were doing to us with your scion
>

For the sake of little kids, I won't tell you to go ##### yourself. I'm still trying to learn here.

>I would so never make a dwarf paladin, storm giants are a
>really nice race, except for 1 major vulnerability, they
>have to be good align
>
>Your way better off with resist and giant size, pop enlarges
>and thieves cant jack you, specially now there are certain
>hinderances for thieves to use enlarge roots.
>
>Like you said, paladin is the wrong char to kill a lich
>with, specially when you die to him a few times, he becomes
>even stronger against you.

I can think of someway any other class can kill a Lich, but a paladin's only chance is to catch him convulsing and lagged-out. And when he becomes immune to everything you do, including your weapon, it gets REAL annoying.

>
>Paladins are suppose to be chars that are tough, dish it out
>and can take it. Paladins arent suppose to be LETHAL, tough
>and lethal are completly different.
>
>You wanted a power house, depends how you define it, if you
>want people to have a hard time killing you because you win
>the battle (but not kill them) then you play a paladin.
>
>But if you want a power house that kills people you need a
>more lethal char, problem is your also gonna be alot more
>fragile.
>So your gonna need the right prep and tatics.

I just wanted something with tactics. After having a ram, I wanted something with more options then just preps, and 2 skills and 2 sups.

>
>Dont feel like a power house is the ultimate achievement
> dev would disagree with me ), i've made tons of them, but
>i still play non-power houses like ragers which are fun and
>its not the end of the world if you die.

I've had my share of being near the top, and what I wanted was something that could stand up to liches - seems any single lich with a brain can tapdance over the community. I just wanted something that could stand up to them, and I found myself running way too much.

>
>You also must note your paladin was fighting alot of skilled
>scions too. Dullameh is quite good, krivohan had 1300hp
>when he was raking you. I was resisted to the hilt with
>resist holy.
>

I know, you seem to forget I fought next to all of you.

>You should also note that you tell the imms your roleplay is
>to kill dullameh and they know why ooc too. Its no wonder
>they made it hard to get your second virtue. Virtues are so
>damn powerful, i'd take all 6 virtues with the promise to
>wield nothing but a weapon and a shield But yeah you
>need to accomplish your characters goals to get more virtues
> so set lower goals

After Zulghinlour's post, I think "no goals" is better. And I guess I was wrong in thinking 2 virtues is standard.

CRS

ValguarneraFri 29-Mar-02 05:13 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5442, "RE: muahaha"
In response to Reply #11

I can think of someway any other class can kill a Lich, but a paladin's only chance is to catch him convulsing and lagged-out. And when he becomes immune to everything you do, including your weapon, it gets REAL annoying.

The day you believe that, is the day your foe's job just got easier. As a trivial example, pick a weapon they can't become immune to. And stop believing you know everything.

Leika and I discussed this matchup ad nauseum once while we were both heroimms. (Mostly Leika. I'm no Leika at PKing.) I'd say the right paladin is a lich's nightmare, even with the phylactery you're referring to, and discounting Force Duel. Crovax, for a variety of reasons, was not this paladin. He tended to fight like a warrior, which isn't really what paladins do. The main problem you should have is keeping the lich in one place to kill him, but this is true for a lot of paladin enemies. More importantly, you should be able to leave the lich saying "How the hell do I hurt this guy?", especially as a dwarf. A dwarf!

As for Zulghinlour's post, if you don't see the difference between "having goals" and "role + PS, octopuseses", I can't help you.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 02:41 PM

#5443, "RE: muahaha"
In response to Reply #15

>I can think of someway any other class can kill a Lich,
>but a paladin's only chance is to catch him convulsing and
>lagged-out. And when he becomes immune to everything you do,
>including your weapon, it gets REAL annoying.

>
>The day you believe that, is the day your foe's job just got
>easier. As a trivial example, pick a weapon they can't
>become immune to. And stop believing you know everything.

I did a lot of thinking of how a paladin can kill a Lich, which didn't involve a super-group, and with what I had to work with at the current time of Thera, it was near impossible. I literally had about 2 friends that would do it - everyone else was in some war or refused to fight him.

Yeah, I can pick a weapon he's not immune to - he can't be immune to normal damage, that's not the point. I wanted a weakness, and with my virtue, I had the ability to make something a few different damage types - when he's near immune to 2 out of 3, it's annoying, since you just lost a weapon to it.

I don't believe I know everything - try asking everyone else I played with IC, everyone thinks I'm a newbie because I ask so much stuff.

>
>Leika and I discussed this matchup ad nauseum once
>while we were both heroimms. (Mostly Leika. I'm no Leika
>at PKing.) I'd say the right paladin is a lich's nightmare,
>even with the phylactery you're referring to, and
>discounting Force Duel
. Crovax, for a variety of
>reasons, was not this paladin. He tended to fight like a
>warrior, which isn't really what paladins do. The main
>problem you should have is keeping the lich in one place to
>kill him, but this is true for a lot of paladin enemies.
>More importantly, you should be able to leave the lich
>saying "How the hell do I hurt this guy?", especially as a
>dwarf. A dwarf!

Ok, let me state this right now.
Save vs spell doesn't do JACK against a lich.
I had well over -100 saves in gear and supps, and being resistant to magic, and he'd land sleep and curse like there was no tomorrow. So if you're referring to that, it's nothing, really. The only thing it saves you from is poison/plague/crimson, which he does not need. He needs sleep, curse, and spams about 20 times to forget, and it's over. You've no idea how many potions of teleport I went through.

(Even my cool teleport ring)

>
>As for Zulghinlour's post, if you don't see the difference
>between "having goals" and "role + PS, octopuseses", I can't
>help you.

I guess I'm just more "up front" than most. See, I'm twisted in the fact that a long time ago, I did get something special - I had a paladin turned into an anti-paladin by scarabaeus. Then guess what happens? He quits CF. I'm a level 20 anti-paladin with no spells, and no direction because he left. Quite honestly, I was a child back then and got all pissed and deleted. I guess, if I want something special I'm just more direct than most because once I got a 1/4th of a glass, and I wanted the other 3/4ths but Scarab left. I understand you're points and I will change my standpoint.

CRS

nepentheFri 29-Mar-02 05:31 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5438, "I should have thought this would be obvious, but what t..."
In response to Reply #11

>After Zulghinlour's post, I think "no goals" is better. And
>I guess I was wrong in thinking 2 virtues is standard.

Deleting a paladin within two weeks of getting empowered is a pretty good way to guarantee you won't see much special. Which is not to say that you were going to see anything special, but still.

I have a hunch the guy (I'm too kind to name names) who was praying rants about how Crovax had to be an Immortal's character is feeling pretty silly right now.

Arolin (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 07:06 AM

#5439, "praying morons"
In response to Reply #16

>I have a hunch the guy (I'm too kind to name names) who
>was praying rants about how Crovax had to be an Immortal's
>character is feeling pretty silly right now.

Wow, someone actually said that, I cant imagine why
In fact, i am suprised i didnt work out who it was because
now with hindsight its is bloody obvious.
Specially considering yasraena was obssessed on levelling quickly.

I wonder just how often people pray that sort of stuff.
I usually keep my hunches on immortal-mortals to a few select friends
and then its only out of curosity.

I'd hate to brag but i've had a pretty good strike rate.
Though its hard to remember which ones I came up or which other people
did but then I agreed.

I did hit isty, gurg, eriwal, menderion, leika/jug (gareths 8th and 9th imm? lol )
Still am troubled with the whole zorszaul thing.
Is twisty that cunning that he would pretend to not know who
he was in his dying breath.

Signs of immortal mortals via elimination

1) First eliminate the possibility of the person in suspect to be on irc
2) If they post on dios its 'less' likely they are an imm
3) If they cant roleplay worth a damn, they wont be an imm
*note: lack of conversation does not mean poor roleplay*
4) If you get the feeling they know who your chars routine it could be either cause they had a previous char that interacted with you or snooped ya as an imm
5) If you ask them for the location of something and they dont tell you, this means nothing at all, however if they try to help you out by giving you advice to work it out via a quest type method, its score points (Immortals always have the mind set of people going from start to finish through a maze, where as regular mortals are happy to just give away the end result.)

The main problem is that the immortals are so different, some dont even like to pk, others like to but arent very good at it, some are amazing roleplayers and amazing killers.

Nepenthe is typically easy to spot because he tops out in both catogries. Gareth is/was easy to spot because he is so ruthless and
always plays power houses.

The only chance at getting valg is picking someone with indepth and very creative story and background behind the char, and ok but not brilliant pking ..But alot of people match that.
I remember pking with him and we were hunting talno, I lead him to the underdark and talno is sleeping there, he sends a group tell, now what? I am like, ahh, sleep him!!!! what you want me to lash him so he gets away

ValguarneraFri 29-Mar-02 01:07 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5441, "RE: praying moron"
In response to Reply #19

The pray-er in question seems to be convinced that if:
1) ... anyone kills him, they're obviously an Immortal.
2) ... if his alignment gets changed, it was obviously because someone he killed was an Immortal, and not because of crappy paper-thin roleplay.

As for Talnic, I'm no PK genius, but I also don't remember having to ask what this strange Sleep spell was good for. I was trying to get you to pause before entering the area, since he was with a group of 2. Wanted you make sure you knew I was going to try and land the sleep, and the worry was the transmuter with him either waking the sleeper, or attacking us and waking the sleeper via your elemental's area spell. Fortunately, one of us thought of talking the groupmate into walking away quietly, and being able to walk away. For various role reasons, I killed 0 non-Sylvan magi (outside of Tower defense) in my mortal days, and didn't want to start there.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 02:45 PM

#5440, "RE: praying morons"
In response to Reply #19

Just if ya wanted some info, he's referring to a log on Dioxide's.

I was attacked by a bloodthirsy air/off major who attacked me for
no reason whatsoever, and he left and was turned evil. He comes
back and dies, I think 3 times. He then proceeds to pray that I'm
an Imm, asking me who my bitch god friend was, and who my god is
that betrayed him, yadda yadda. In the end, I think he deleted.

CRS

Kerikorlian (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 04:24 AM

#5434, "RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long)"
In response to Reply #2

In a way, your post reminds me of Aladden(sp?), that disney movie that came out a while back, when the genie says, "Cosmic-awe-inspiring power, itty-bitty living space" or something to that effect. Yeah, you're right. Paladins = Badass with few means of nailing the kill. That being said, you did have options. Shieldbash has its uses, you just have to time it right. Sometimes it even works, believe it or not. Granted, its rare, but hey, what'd you expect? You said it yourself, you had a 125 dam roll + protection + sanc + wrath + track the wicked, etc and so forth, and you want bash too? Come come now, that simply wouldn't be fair. As for your virtues, that sounds a bit rough. Either way, I enjoyed your char, but that whole mess with Targ while we were getting the stoneform amulet was annoying the living crud out of me. And no, I wasn't about to take it for myself, that's an RP-nightmare for a Paladin...as for the whole gear hoarding thing, so what? Its just gear. If you focused on your RP, you may have been given a second set of virtues without killing a lich, and if you focused on the good points of your paladin rather then the negative, you would've enjoyed him a lot more. I hate to hear people with a 125 dam roll + sanctuary complain about their pk'ing power. I mean that's a slap in the face to anyone who's killed with less to work with. Anyway, what I'm basically trying to say, is that if you want pure power pk'ing and sick sets of gear, don't roll up a Paladin. That isn't what paladins are for, pure and simple. If you like gear, roll up a thief, if you like pure pk'ing power, roll up a warrior and level sit at 15...otherwise, you'll simply have to learn to play your advantages and downplay your disadvantages.

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 04:41 AM

#5435, "RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long)"
In response to Reply #9

I never complained about my pking ability, ever.

I wanted something that had more options. That's why I deleted, it was just boring. It's not that I wasn't effective, or that I wasn't strong enough, it just was boring. Play a ram, and you'll understand where I'm coming from.

Paladin just isn't my class, so I deleted.

-Plato

DugruainFri 29-Mar-02 08:53 AM
71 posts
#5432, "Heya"
In response to Reply #2

Very knowledgable. Enjoyed the hell trip.

Now play something you enjoy!

That Dug Guy, That Whil Guys ArchType.

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 02:55 PM

#5433, "RE: Heya"
In response to Reply #20

Just don't take offense if it doesn't follow the Law

It was fun, too bad Scrulque died in hell, we could have done a lot more.

CRS

Rarchis (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 11:50 AM

#5430, "RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long)"
In response to Reply #2

Damn you! Now I have to go to the Inn and pop few more jigger's caps *sigh* . Knew you have a thing for the lich. I could of help you with few things with my knowledges. Was nice traveling with you. Sorry about my slow reaction several times when we hunts. *note self never telnet in to a ##### up school system till they done fixing it*

Miss ya,
Rarchis

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 02:56 PM

#5431, "RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long)"
In response to Reply #22

Heh, sometimes it was slow but hey, I don't get mad if sometimes peeps are slow - hell I answer the door and talk on the phone while I cf

And yeah, you were pretty knowledged in some areas, and vice versa. We worked well together.

Have fun and thanks

CRS

Rhowyn (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 06:08 PM

#5429, "Thank you for the kind words.."
In response to Reply #2

I'm not sure you are right however about the skill part. *grin*

Good luck on the next.

shokaiFri 29-Mar-02 07:54 PM
519 posts
#5427, "I'm going to be blunt...I'm trying to help."
In response to Reply #2

I read this and what I see is:

I wanted to be a bad-ass, I even said I was a bad-ass several times in my role. Yet no one would play by my rules and let me be a bad-ass.

Saying 'I am a badass' does not make one a bad-ass. One of the biggest faults I saw with Crovax (other than being a human in a dwarf suit for all intents and purposes) was that your tactics more or less amounted to charging straight at the lich and hoping you could take him down thusly...and then you'd do it again, and again, and again. I spoke with you that one time to try to get you to start thinking along strategic lines...but I don't think you were getting it, perhaps I was being too vague. A dwarven paladin played correctly can be a scary thing for a lich to take on...of course a lot of things played correctly can be scary for a lich to take on. Can I play them well enough to make a lich scared? Dunno, probably not...but that's not my point. I think you dug yourself a huge hole, and jumped into it before you were ready to. One does not roll up a character and say 'Today, I will go kill a Lich'...even poorly played liches can be dangerous (far more so than say...a poorly played warrior). You set yourself up for the frustration, and quite frankly...I think had you focused a bit more on the roleplay aspect of your character, and less on the 'I want to be a bad-ass and take out a lich' factor, you may have been far more successful.

my $.02...take it or leave it as you chose.

CRS (Guest)Sat 30-Mar-02 02:28 AM

#5428, "RE: I'm going to be blunt...I'm trying to help."
In response to Reply #36

Point well taken, and let me comment a bit for some more feedback.

>
> I read this and what I see is:
>
> I wanted to be a bad-ass, I even said I was a bad-ass
>several times in my role. Yet no one would play by my rules
>and let me be a bad-ass.

Yeah, I did.

>
> Saying 'I am a badass' does not make one a bad-ass. One of
>the biggest faults I saw with Crovax (other than being a
>human in a dwarf suit for all intents and purposes) was that
>your tactics more or less amounted to charging straight at
>the lich and hoping you could take him down thusly...and
>then you'd do it again, and again, and again.

I find that more dwarf than human

>I spoke with
>you that one time to try to get you to start thinking along
>strategic lines...but I don't think you were getting it,
>perhaps I was being too vague. A dwarven paladin played
>correctly can be a scary thing for a lich to take on...of

I really didn't see it - I can see being impossible to kill
with enough preps/potions, but killing a lich...ya well, I
guess I'm short sighted.

>course a lot of things played correctly can be scary for a
>lich to take on. Can I play them well enough to make a lich
>scared? Dunno, probably not...but that's not my point. I
>think you dug yourself a huge hole, and jumped into it
>before you were ready to.

You nailed it, and it's really the reason I deleted.

> One does not roll up a character
>and say 'Today, I will go kill a Lich'...even poorly played
>liches can be dangerous (far more so than say...a poorly
>played warrior). You set yourself up for the frustration,

Yup

>and quite frankly...I think had you focused a bit more on
>the roleplay aspect of your character, and less on the 'I
>want to be a bad-ass and take out a lich' factor, you may
>have been far more successful.

If you gave me or anyone a god super god form that did massive
damage but was reduced to 'cast immune' and 'murder @target',
I still wouldn't like it. I'm sneaky, I'm tactical, and a paladin
just isn't me - morally and offensively. Especially after having
a ram, I wanted more so it just wasn't fun for me. I'm sorry if
I didn't live up to expectations, but I didn't want to keep
Crovax.

>my $.02...take it or leave it as you chose.

It's taken and thanks for the conversation Shokai - you made me
realize a lot, but I just wasn't up for the challenge with Crovax.

CRS

DullamehSat 30-Mar-02 04:22 PM
11 posts
#5426, "RE: Well, this was unexpected. (long)"
In response to Reply #2

Well, my original post which was intended to be funny (which it really wasn't) and friendly seems to have been deleted. I'll try and be more constructive with this one.

I'll tell you that I kinda enjoyed having Crovax around. You were just about the only paladin who wouldn't guildsit for hours or log out after 8 minutes if I was on, and definitely the only paladin to really go gung-ho after me, or other Scions for that matter. I generally do feel bad for full-looting, but I had my reasons.
Anyway, not that I'm an expert or anything, but my advice to you would to not make a huge ultimate power-goal for your next character or two (or at least not include it in your role). Not all characters have to be a half-demon or the grizzled last survivor of some ancient zealot group or whatever it was that Crovax was. The most interesting characters are often normal people (sometimes with 'different' philosophies) thrown into strange situations.
Also, something that Crovax and Yasraena had in common were an overblown sense of self-importance. I don't know if it was a role thing or what, but it's generally best to not try and act like you're a huge badass, as Shok said, unless you're really perceived to be by everyone else. Yas had the potential to be super-badass, but you ended up moving way too quickly, way too early (ie continually sending me tells when you were rank 20 and offering me various 'opportunities'), and that's what ultimately got you booted.

Have fun with your next.

White Howler (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 12:20 AM

#5457, "RE: (DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #0

I only ran into Crovax once, when you were soloing in FoN. I asked then how you chose your name, and you answered a generator. I still don't believe you. And I don't understand how the Imms let a character get past rank 10, get empowered, and hero with an unoriginal name. Even if you were telling the truth, and it was a generator, the Imms still should have pulled it.

For anyone that doesn't know, Crovax was a character in one of the recent blocks of Magic: the Gathering and was a vampiric ruler of an area that in parallels to CF, was kind of like Arboria.

If the Imms pull this fine. Its meant more for them than for players anyway.

CRS (Guest)Fri 29-Mar-02 12:48 AM

#5458, "RE: (DEL) Crovax the Avenger of the Righteous"
In response to Reply #1

http://spoilers.mtgnews.com/card.php?cid=26806

Ya ok, I pulled it out of a card. I twisted it enough that it was more CF, and is it completely harmful that I did it?

You're the only one that ever knew it, and I did get the name from a generator - a magic card generator, since I know they have cool names

-Plato

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5419 Previous topic | Next topic