Subject: "RE: A bitter end." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5192
Show all folders

Marlek (Guest)Sat 16-Mar-02 06:43 PM

#5201, "RE: A bitter end."

Yeah, I had everything lined up to be the rager who would "bring the village back" But right before the last piece of the puzzle fell into place I just made the BIGGEST !(@*#&!@#(!@# Mistake ever.

I had not seen thror on for going on 2 weeks irl, and had been on about 75 hours in that last week trying to catch him on. I had spoken to Intronan often and basically got the msg of Thror is the only person who is going to put you back in battle. I was on a old 21" black and white X-term monitor when thror (who was wizi at the time) send a echo to me. The only problem was that at the time three things were going on. The first was that I was grouped with two other ragers who were asking for help, I was fighting off two pkers, and the third was I was in the middle of some bizzar quest that a living blob of slime had given me (laughs at whoever that immortal was).

I thought to myself , hmm is that one of the gay fucked up diseases that you see once in a blue moon (cause I couldnt see color). Subconscionsly since I was 2 rooms from the healer I ran there and healed the disease type to see if I got a cure message (so I could be certain). YES IM A MORON!!!!. Looking back at that I can picture thror sitting at his computer throwing his head back and grabbing his head with both hands saying "FOOL!". That happened the day before rites were to be announced, I was to get back into battle after this long and hard "walk of temperance". Kick everyones arse in the rites which I knew I could do with greate ease, combat wise would have been a cake walk, and I knew the history of battle inside out *especially* since I played during 70% of it hehe.

So I took a dive off a ten M diving board, had perfect form until I got to the water and did a massive belly flop and soaked the judges with water. I think Marlek has been one of my Biggest (immortals giving me all sorts fo wierd and wonderfull things) potential characters ever. He had serious leadership potential as well as pure badass written all over him. I had a role that was pushing a nasty 30 pages long and was packed tight with tid bits of this and that about what when how why where who marlek interacted with.

Though a couple ragers often mocked you for your lack of fighting ability I actually thought you were better as a character due to some of the character traits you held. The fact that you turned into a assassin when you hunted someone specifically I thought was good, It also gave wannabe nexites a chance to see you and talk to you. Unlike a certain battle leader *cough* lobo *cough* hehehe.

Thanks for the comments, and Indeed I shall see you in the fields when I get the spare time

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Marlek the Captain [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 12-Mar-02 08:19 AM
Reply RE: (DEL) Marlek the Captain, HammerSong, 12-Mar-02 06:03 PM, #7
Reply A bitter end., Marlek (Guest), 12-Mar-02 09:26 AM, #1
     Reply Not so bitter, Intronan, 12-Mar-02 09:53 AM, #2
     Reply Thanks :), Marlek (Guest), 12-Mar-02 10:41 AM, #3
     Reply There is no 5X deathblow. n/t, Dallevian, 12-Mar-02 12:43 PM, #4
     Reply RE: A bitter end., Nydeikon (Guest), 12-Mar-02 02:24 PM, #5
     Reply RE: A bitter end., Marlek (Guest), 16-Mar-02 06:43 PM #12
     Reply RE: A bitter end., Divox, 12-Mar-02 05:26 PM, #6
     Reply quick farewell, Daurwyn (Guest), 13-Mar-02 05:13 PM, #8
     Reply RE: quick farewell, marlek (Guest), 16-Mar-02 06:29 PM, #11