Subject: "A bitter end." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5192
Show all folders

Marlek (Guest)Tue 12-Mar-02 09:26 AM

#5194, "A bitter end."

For a multitude of reasons I wanted to delete often with this character but kept on trying to delete. What was weird was the real reason in the end. I had not played for about a week or two, and when I tried to reconnect someone else has failed to log me in a couple times. I prayed and asked about it, someone else had played my character who was not from my country. I never thought I would ever feel as I did, but i felt kinda quirky playing a character that had a gap in play that I knew nothing about. A total rp killer. Anyway enough about that, onto the good aspects.

Marlek was a attempt at a revival of a old school rager I played long long ago, back during the first age. The whole balls to the wall dont hold back, charge into battle if there was a chance you could win. Many a time I had a awesome set of equipment that I just drooled over and wanted to fight as many people as I could with it. I could have been very carefull and taken care of the set of equipment to ensure that I did not lose it. Something thought kept on driving me to try and make a impact as a being one of the harder hitting ragers about. At one stage I think I had 5 int/wis due to some high end dam gear that just ate up stats. I cracked 100 damroll with about four sets of equipment. Had armageddon a couple times and the only piece that I wanted but never had were the flurry/cross gaunts from hell.

To all the people I leveled with to 32, the rping was fun as hell, the pking was more fun. Those who I grouped with from 32 to 45ish, dam we sure were ripping mobs apart hard and fast.

Cabals:

Dawn: My memory is a bit fuzzy here on just who was who but I shall give it a try.
Ruarc???, storm paladin. The times we fought it was pretty dam kewl, after the rping we did you removing the red aura from my eq and listenting to my rp angle was awesome as well. After that We brushed shoulders but never really fought again (thank god, hehe you spanked me hard often )
Kadeem ??, storm shaman - what can I say. You seemed to often catch me when nothing else could possibly go wrong, so many times you arrived when I was on sub 200hp, out of moves. Plagued, just been totaly raped by a mob etc. Still the rping we did and how you took a perspective check on who was the more evil, those I fought and killed or those who hunted me relentlessly was a interesting aspect that I had never thought of before well done.

Nexus: Dam lots of you to rember... so many dam forms that I couldnt rember who was who. A couple stood out though.
Divox, the few fights we had were a blast. You were the target that I wanted to be rembered for grinding into the ground... but then you went and immed .
Theerkla hehe we fought a couple times and I loved the fact that you actually kept on coming back for more, you also improved alot the more we fought... but you still pincer to much.
Jarln, well hot dam at first you seemed like a splinter under my nail then the rp kicked in and we both started to appreciate more and more each others character. Bummer to see you go.
*all other nexus forms*, forgive me for forgetting names, but I never fought names so often didnt bother rembering them. From birds to walruses and from porcupines to rams... what can I say *OUCH*. A couple times when raiding the 100dam roll and ave 28's saved me, but not by much. Often I got caught trying to run that corridor of death.
Sporial??? forgoten the healers name, think that is right... hehe You were a nightmare in hiding. Raiding with you there was almost impossible, a couple times we managed to get lucky often though you prevent what should have been a easy raid/retrieval/pk.. Nice work as a healer.
Nydeikon. The first couple times I fought you in raw combat it was a cake walk and you rolled over and died, then you started being more of a assassin and never really came at me unless it was a assassinate, or I was messed up. Nice tactics.. You had me worried often. I used to avoid cities when I knew you were about hehe.

Umm any others that have gone unmentioned dam... im sorry.

Scion: Well lots of you to list, so I will name those that stand out who I fought a couple times.
Viro: *shivers* death from above was a bloody accurate title. You had me more worried that I think I've ever been with any charater before. The fact that even with the warriors perfect set and 100's in skills I knew that for me to kill you in 1 on 1 combat that I would have to catch you when you made a mistake... which never occoured *snaps his fingers*. To many times I escaped with 1 hp or 50. To many times you caught me just rooms from me escaping.
Dulla: The most memorable fight was when sharvin and I raided the chasm and you and viro were there. You had summoned half of mortorn and sharvin had been totaly blowen away early on. I was left fighting all those dam dwarfs your cabal mobs, your army you and viro. hehe I think I have that logged somewhere, might post it now that sharvin is gone.
Other scions: A couple of you I fought here and there, but we never fought often, it was either a 1 on 1 white wash or I ran into a big arse group of you hehe.

Warlock: well raided dam often, took your item dam often, only ever really saw 1 person on consistantly.
Dur: Conjurers were always nasty, but I really wanted to test my skill and new tactics on them. Instead of dying I was acutally able to fight you off a couple times, which made me grin from ear to ear. Normally warriors just role over and die to a conjurer but we had many long winded fights - round after round. What I really loved about you was that you understood that it was a game, we would both rest up and wait for the other to be ready before we fought again it was a real skill and character against the other. Well fought always.
*bad memories of, You sure are bleeding!!!! ** hahahahaha.

Battle: Whoa well this list is big and long I probably wont be able to rember all the names especially since I spent a large ammount of time out of battle before I deleted. Well here goes.
Tobel: I worked out who you were within about 6 hours of playing hehe, I was shocked to find another 1st age rager in the cabal... you were always there many a day after all the other ragers loged out we stuck around , regained the head then went on killing spree's getting totaly decked with awesome equipment.
Vorzy: You were my idol for a short while untill I caught up to you in skill %'s and near your level. I really wanted to be 51 for that 5 X on deathblow instead of my panzy 4X, but that just never happened. The leveling and fighting was a blast, sucks what happened to you in the end.
Sharvin: Berserkers best buddy was a understatement. You turned me into a deadly weapon with your songs. I almost became a one man army with you at my side the hell runs for eq were fun, I went on a couple alone and also deeper into hell... Screw doing that again as a warrior hehe .
Samar: *sob* alot of the older ragers I wanted to really rp with and build character with. But few of you spent enough time to do so, all the time you did spend on we basically were just fighting enemies..
Sehvoor: hehe same as samar, we talked a bit and I got a rec from you I thought you were pretty kewl.
Rio: Old man rio... DIE DAM YOU!, hehe. The time when I got your rec was a blast, all those pks in front of you where I just totaly kicked arse was kewl... also gave me a huge ego boost .
Jezzan: Fought a couple times with you as well, wish I could dodge like a arail *mutters* hehe.
The lowbie fire giant squad: You all know who you are, dam I wish you could have leveled up a little into my range so that we could really rumble... But that never happened.
Varrik: I held a really negative attitude to you as a character for what you were doing. I saw that the imms were changing #####(eq) when you were rping it, and kinda was blaming you for the changes.. For that Im sorry P ** At times I came so close to actually pking you hehe**
Penz: Well dam, sometimes I was like wow sicko fighting. Then I was like WTF!!!! YOU MORON! heheheheh. Though I told myself that I should in character and out of character not go anywhere near you or follow you at all, I did. I only did it because I knew that travelling with you would mean that nothing was for certain. That rush that comes when something bad/good happens is half the fun of the game, it came often when I was travelling with you.
Lobo: Dam you annoyed the hell out of me, you really put marlek through the wringer for induction, level 45 as a rager wannabe fighting with ragers was harder than anyting . Anyway eventually I got in... and you seemed to be a good leader, there were a couple aspects I liked about you... but then there were some things I saw you do that just used to really annoy me. PS DONT IGNORE PEOPLE!
Others of battle: Dam there are a couple that are hidden in the fog of my brain that I cannot seem to rember names for. Those I would like to say MWAHAHAH! KILL CRUSH AND DESTROY!.

Immortals: So much ##### went down with marlek that I went from extreme to extreme, but for once I dont think I ever got angry at the immortals. *gasps, puts his hand to his head - could he be sick ?* hehehe. The quests, the mob switches, the echos. Whoever sent me to Thar acia - laugh, silent tower. I almost fell over when I got a level from "exploring" hehe not mob killing.

Intronan: Well I was unsure if you were being nice, or you really understood the fine line I was walking with Marlek. You were a corner stone that I often confided in and also asked for aid with. You seemed to do everything that was Immortaly possible P

Thror: Religion wise, I was partly stumped when everything I did seemed to "not be enough" considering it was more than enough for other chars that I had your religion with. Anyway the rping that you brought out made marleks Rp even tighter, I think marlek had one of the tighest rps i've had in a long time. So rock solid on his beliefs made it even more fun, because I was force to display it as well as explain it to many players.
- IM SO SORRY that I f*cked up religion wise when I was about to finish my trial by fire and re-enter battle. I so kicked myself for what I did that. It was no ##### the first break in character that I made and in that whole week that I played It must have been the first time you were snooping me. I was SOOO pissed at myself for that and totaly dredded showing up when i knew I was not going to get back into battle, that I would have to walk yet another trial by fire. Moreso that I had broken fundamental faith and would be untattooed.
Anyway I was really stoked and preped to get back in after all the effort I had plugged into the character surviving as a uncabaled near hero char that couldnt use magic was super hard.

Shokai: The talking we had was much appreciated, your good will towards me was what tilted the scales and prevent me from deleting early on.
Valug: same as shokai , dam dual wizi immortals.

Other wizi imms: heheh love talking about the ooc stuff as well, much appreciated.

Well enough speel, see you all in the fields.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Marlek the Captain [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 12-Mar-02 08:19 AM
Reply RE: (DEL) Marlek the Captain, HammerSong, 12-Mar-02 06:03 PM, #7
Reply A bitter end., Marlek (Guest), 12-Mar-02 09:26 AM #1
     Reply Not so bitter, Intronan, 12-Mar-02 09:53 AM, #2
     Reply Thanks :), Marlek (Guest), 12-Mar-02 10:41 AM, #3
     Reply There is no 5X deathblow. n/t, Dallevian, 12-Mar-02 12:43 PM, #4
     Reply RE: A bitter end., Nydeikon (Guest), 12-Mar-02 02:24 PM, #5
     Reply RE: A bitter end., Marlek (Guest), 16-Mar-02 06:43 PM, #12
     Reply RE: A bitter end., Divox, 12-Mar-02 05:26 PM, #6
     Reply quick farewell, Daurwyn (Guest), 13-Mar-02 05:13 PM, #8
     Reply RE: quick farewell, marlek (Guest), 16-Mar-02 06:29 PM, #11