Subject: "RE: quick farewell" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5192
Show all folders

marlek (Guest)Sat 16-Mar-02 06:29 PM

#5198, "RE: quick farewell"

Yeah tactics on conjurers is one of the things I wanted to test. I had looked at a few logs and realised that conjurers who use archons are VERY dependant apon their elemental, nuking that was the first thing to do. Without the elemental you were pretty useless (if you had a archon). A couple times I tried different variations of skills, but more often than not the warrior skills just wouldnt work for #####.
I had them all 100% so I could ensure that it wasnt a failure due to lack of skill %, but a failure due to how the skill was coded.

If anything I realised that warrior skills needed to work more often than not. Some skills for other classes work flawlessly compared to warrior skills. As a prime example, retreat should at 100% should never fail, it has a lag on it and can only be done once at a time, yet you can spam flee over and over... often i would try to retreat, but more often than not the mob would prevent me. (I even rember failing to retreat from level 10 gate guards once, dam that was clear indication that the skill needes to be fixed)

Alot of people due to the above discussion about skill failure rely on what a warrior has that is reliable, and that is just combat damage. Its a shame really because if skills on warriors worked as well as spells like fireball cone cold, quicksand etc... I think you would see some highly deadly and skillfull warriors.

About telling you I was out of battle, I admit I was trying to save my hide BIG TIME. I knew there was no way in hell that I could kill any half resisted mage or even nakid mage without them being a total moron and me being totaly decked with bs eq. Not being able to use magical items in hero range pks puts you down a bloody huge notch pk wise. Even with the large number of people that I managed to call a RP truce with, I still got hammered over and over.

I thank you for all the times we fought, so many times you came close to killing me but often I would actually hurt you enough that you needed to backoff a little, or I would kill your elemental. The only downside was that I wanted to fight you with a demon, but I knew that would never happen

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Marlek the Captain [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 12-Mar-02 08:19 AM
Reply RE: (DEL) Marlek the Captain, HammerSong, 12-Mar-02 06:03 PM, #7
Reply A bitter end., Marlek (Guest), 12-Mar-02 09:26 AM, #1
     Reply Not so bitter, Intronan, 12-Mar-02 09:53 AM, #2
     Reply Thanks :), Marlek (Guest), 12-Mar-02 10:41 AM, #3
     Reply There is no 5X deathblow. n/t, Dallevian, 12-Mar-02 12:43 PM, #4
     Reply RE: A bitter end., Nydeikon (Guest), 12-Mar-02 02:24 PM, #5
     Reply RE: A bitter end., Marlek (Guest), 16-Mar-02 06:43 PM, #12
     Reply RE: A bitter end., Divox, 12-Mar-02 05:26 PM, #6
     Reply quick farewell, Daurwyn (Guest), 13-Mar-02 05:13 PM, #8
     Reply RE: quick farewell, marlek (Guest), 16-Mar-02 06:29 PM #11