Subject: "RE: (DEL) Abbalahdoon the Master of Copper" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #3639
Show all folders

*ORB* (Guest) (Guest)Mon 12-Nov-01 10:04 PM

#3643, "RE: (DEL) Abbalahdoon the Master of Copper"

It wasn't so much that I was dissapointed in one on one immteraction, it was more that I never even heard anything over the CB. And from when I played other Scions, you were pretty talkative, just curious why it's been so quiet from you guys up there, especially at a time when we are getting our collective butts kicked by the Ragers/Marans. A little pep talk would have went a long way.
As for my mini-paladin rant, I wasn't so much complaining that I had a hard time with them, I expected that with a duergar. It was just some venting from the many times I had been winning a battle against one and I'd miss a bash, then they bust off two quick wraths and I lose.
As for the skills complaint, it wasn't that I didn't have all 100's across the board. My skills weren't even in the high 80's. I mean these are skills I used constantly from the time I got them, ranking on bared teeth to hooded mobs and they went up maybe a point every couple hundred uses. I even went so far as to spar with other Scions, and even then most of my skills never even hit the 85% mark. While I think I had a pretty good record for a warrior, almost every fight I lost that wasn't because I screwed up, was because my skills failed two or three times in a row. It just seems that veteran warriors (40's) shouldn't have such a hard time practicing, it's hard enough being a hero level warrior, without having to practice on Tiamat just to get shieldblock to go up at a decent rate. While I totally agree fighting 100 kobolds to become a perfect swordmaster at level 15 is ridiculous, at higher ranks it makes little sense. I would think that while at hero, elite elven guards con as kill with a little finger, I would still be able to learn how to block with a shield by fighting five of them at once at a decent rate. Maybe relax the consider restrictions in learning when you reach your 40's. Would you get people power ranking to 40 then practicing, sure. But it's going to be alot tougher finding an out of the way spot, with all the birdies, conjurers, ect. looking for you. This is the second warrior I've played post practice change. I found that the annoyance of trying to get my second spec skills to go up to a decent level killed alot of the fun for me.

Well I still believe you have great things planned for the Scion. I just hope you move it away from being a newbie cabal, or at least setting up different tiers in it so the more skilled RP'ers and Pk'ers are encouraged to join and not delete.
I'm sure I'll probably be aiding the night again in one form or another.

*ORB*

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) <SCION> Abbalahdoon the Master of Copper [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 12-Nov-01 04:20 PM
Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Abbalahdoon the Master of Copper, *ORB* (Guest) (Guest), 12-Nov-01 08:31 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Abbalahdoon the Master of Copper, Valguarnera, 12-Nov-01 09:29 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Abbalahdoon the Master of Copper, *ORB* (Guest) (Guest), 12-Nov-01 10:04 PM #3
     Reply Awwwwww, Phaistus (Guest) (Guest), 13-Nov-01 02:58 AM, #4
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #3639 Previous topic | Next topic