Subject: "RE: See ya" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32513
Show all folders

ThrorHammerSong (Guest)Mon 15-Nov-04 07:41 PM

#32700, "RE: See ya"

I appreciate the responses. It really makes the effort put into this creative engine of a game worthwhile. My online time over the past two and a half years was as minimal as it could possibly be. In some cases that was due to lack of motivation. In most cases it was due to real life. Unfortunately, I could not log in from work, which would have consisted of the majority of my online time.

I wrote the Carrion Field stories at the height of my enjoyment of this game. The initial stories occured when I felt the story of Battle needed to be told. So many people hated the cabal and very few understood the perspective of a BattleRager. The Cabal was entirely about respect. When you lost a great 'in-game' friend due to con-loss or deletion you really felt like you lost a brother. Every fight was a fight to the bitter end, many times being outnumbered and praying for a lucky deathblow to give you some ground in a battle. The addition of Scouts/Defenders and ultimately new philosophies in War gave another dimension that was still core to the beliefs of battle but not so strict as to give an enemy the ultimate advantage.

The second story was with regards to Sylvan, who I felt were tremendously similar to Battle. They had their own backstory in which their stance was as serious as Battle's. Both were considered heavily 'overpowered' cabals and pitting the two against one another was good for the game. Some of the most tremendous battles came out of that particular war and many of the most memorable heroes did as well.

Of my characters, Thror was obviously my favorite. I felt he was a great mortal and by the responses many did as well. My downfall was always that I tended to micromanage the cabal. I played a stubborn role well, but many times I felt Battle should be black or white, and in regards to an immortal it should never come to backing down. I made my share of mistakes. At times, I apologized for them, but often I left them unresolved. I wanted every player to like me but as an Immortal you have to expect less than that.

Nazgauga had to be my favorite aside from Thror. He was Entropy at one point and I had completely picked up his language out of nowhere. It gradually grew on me and coupled with the ability to Doppel, I became a force to be reckoned with. My downfall was wrath, but aside from this I created this character to be a coward. He was to take advantage of any opportunity and that showed in his death to win ratio.

Manarei was a defender who was meant to give assassins a true identity as one-shot killers in Battle. His role-models were Jerreric and Padget (excuse the spelling) because these enemies knew the art better than he. Even as an Immortal I had no idea what determined the greatest success in assassinations, so I asked the two of these individuals and went through a series of trial and error to get the best results. Luckily, I picked it up and got great at it. My shining moment was assassinating the Emperor (I forget his name) which was required to regain entrance into Battle. This and the many assassinations in the Sylvan/Battle War are moments to remember.

Minnalcar went to hell with the intent of Betraying Battle. At the time, Battle was immensely strong. I wanted to see if the backbone of Battle could withstand a sudden and immediate halt in leadership. I always felt Battle was entirely dependant upon its leadership. This proved my point. Battle crumbled to Arbiters at the time. The Arbitor Lords were to be applauded. They did a wonderful job of destroying battle and defeating me during these times.

Beornin was a great character because he was created when the game was still new to me in a sense. Forming into a bear and raking my claws against a Yeti, or against Masters of the Five Magics was great, until they started hunting you. He was ultimately a follower of Ra####on and became too reckless in his latter years.

Glanduin's most memorable moments were with Craevenwulf (please forgive the spelling), Kinkadze and Kadazine. The two ranger brothers were incredible friends and ultimately my immortalship lost ties with them. I actually can recall some of my best battles being at their side. Two of the most loyal cabal mates one can find.

Nearly every character above I can fondly remember. From Delyn, to Jaldean - Abernyte, Kinkadze, Creon, Vahlen, Warborf, Tahren, Daerkshynn, Septach (wow it's been a long time), Valgie (my hero!), Axzwerlich (great addition to the story with Daerkshynn), Voss (I'm getting old), the mighty Mordrack, Nivek, Guerric, Thrak!, Dallevian (a beast), Quintius (a great rival),Loborguz, and oh so many more.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. You've made this goodbye nearly unbearable but most memorable. It feels worthwhile knowing that people enjoyed my contributions. Best of luck to you all. Please feel free to contact me at:

aramos@triad.rr.com

I can't promise an immediate response but I can promise a response. My best to you all.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicMy goodbyes. [View all] , ThrorHammerSong (Guest), Wed 10-Nov-04 02:54 PM
Reply RE: My goodbyes., Harlequin, 10-Dec-04 02:12 PM, #35
Reply *poke*, Valguarnera, 10-Dec-04 04:58 PM, #36
Reply A month late and a dollar short, Tahren, 04-Dec-04 06:01 PM, #34
Reply Thane, Zylundak (Guest), 17-Nov-04 01:17 PM, #33
Reply See ya, Balrahd. (Guest), 15-Nov-04 12:37 PM, #31
Reply RE: See ya, ThrorHammerSong (Guest), 15-Nov-04 07:41 PM #32
Reply Listen here dwarf!, Velkurah, 12-Nov-04 04:32 PM, #30
Reply Bah, ordasen, 12-Nov-04 04:20 PM, #29
Reply oi oi oi, Grurk Muouk, 12-Nov-04 04:19 PM, #28
Reply Me Kin!, Septach (Guest), 12-Nov-04 12:12 PM, #26
Reply Oh one more thing, Septach (Guest), 12-Nov-04 12:14 PM, #27
Reply Well it was fun working with you., Bobbyp (Guest), 12-Nov-04 10:05 AM, #25
Reply Bummer., Warborf (Guest), 12-Nov-04 10:01 AM, #24
Reply Throrsie!., Valguarnera, 11-Nov-04 11:23 PM, #23
Reply Never intereacted with you much, except..., Narissa, 11-Nov-04 09:12 PM, #22
Reply Well..., Daerk (Guest), 11-Nov-04 06:00 PM, #21
Reply RE: My goodbyes., VossTheDruid (Guest), 11-Nov-04 11:21 AM, #20
Reply RE: My goodbyes., Mordrack (Guest), 11-Nov-04 11:18 AM, #19
Reply You da man, Intronan, 11-Nov-04 07:10 AM, #18
Reply A Fond Farewell to My Friend the Lil'Mex, Abernyte, 11-Nov-04 06:13 AM, #17
Reply Interacting with your character.., jaynus, 11-Nov-04 01:04 AM, #16
Reply Thanks, Nivek1, 10-Nov-04 10:11 PM, #15
Reply oh boy, Treebeard. (Guest), 10-Nov-04 08:29 PM, #14
Reply Wait a god damned minute..., Mek (Guest), 10-Nov-04 08:08 PM, #12
Reply Er, read this one, Mek (Guest), 10-Nov-04 08:11 PM, #13
Reply RE: My goodbyes., Thrak (Guest), 10-Nov-04 07:51 PM, #11
Reply You'll be missed.., Amaranthe, 10-Nov-04 07:27 PM, #10
Reply ####in' A, Catastrophic, 10-Nov-04 05:59 PM, #9
Reply One more great CF Vet fades away., Oddjob, 10-Nov-04 05:13 PM, #8
Reply You are the reason..., Faze Away (Guest), 10-Nov-04 05:11 PM, #7
Reply RE: My goodbyes., Xenoroyal_ (Guest), 10-Nov-04 04:58 PM, #6
Reply Feh., The Forsaken (Guest), 10-Nov-04 04:33 PM, #5
Reply For what it's worth..., Quintius A. (Guest), 10-Nov-04 03:51 PM, #4
Reply RE: My goodbyes., Isildur, 10-Nov-04 03:49 PM, #3
Reply RE: My goodbyes., LoboGraatch (Guest), 10-Nov-04 03:49 PM, #2
Reply No kidding man, MayDay (Guest), 10-Nov-04 03:28 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32513 Previous topic | Next topic