Subject: "My goodbyes." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32513
Show all folders

ThrorHammerSong (Guest)Wed 10-Nov-04 02:54 PM

#32513, "My goodbyes."

I will begin my goodbyes with a heartfelt thank you. I am thankful to the players, the immortals and the IMPs who gave me the experience that Carrion Fields is. When I first played this game it was like a good book. I couldn't reach the end of it quick enough and I had to be immersed in it as much as possible.

I passed the time doing what I could to help and at times just watching from a distance. It was a pleasure to be part of such a talented group of people who volunteer their time for free. As I am getting older, I realize time isn't a luxury anymore and sometimes you have to give up the things you love to prioritize what is important in life.

I apologize to the players who felt I would return. I made every attempt to, however the lack of time and motivation never returned to me once I stepped into the working world.

To those who care, a brief update of me:

I now have a 9 month old son who is now my inspiration. Every day I watch him grow and attempt to spend every minute of two hours a day with him after work. For those of you who are unsure or afraid, know that having a child is the best experience life can offer. It makes you humble and reminds you of what life used to be and how great life can become.

I am a Network Administrator for a Chemical company out of High Point, NC. I live in Clemmons, NC and you can probably hear me yelling at my yowling basset hounds early in the morning or late at night.

My sincerest thanks to the following people who made this game amazing:

First and foremost:

BoltThrower: You gave me a chance and made me think highly of myself as an impressionable collge student. Thanks for the opportunity. I hope fatherhood is treating you well.

Intronan: A great friend and an amazingly hard worker. Greatest of luck on your newborn. Revel in fatherhood. You're a standup guy.

Stellyx: A wordsmith in and out of the game. You my friend, are all class.

Thrakburzug: You were an inspirational friend and a huge asset to the morale of the staff. Thanks for being there when at times it felt no one else was.

Kastellyn: You're attitude is amazing. My fondest memory will be of you seeing me in college and of Invictus!

Tahren and Warborf: You were the most amazing followers I ever had. Thank you for showing me an aspect of the game that I still thirst for today.

Amaranthe: Every community needs a mother. You are she and she is you. Thanks for listening and asking about my life outside of the game.

Arvam: Free entertainment! You were the free entertainment of this game. You always knew how to keep attitudes high.

Shokai: If ever there was a father of this game, you are he and he is you! Great meeting you way back when. Thanks for bringing so much to this game and truely inspiring faith in a person.

Zulghinlour, Sebeok, Valguarnera: You three are perhaps the most direct, honest people of this game. What's worse (as in better) you are amazingly hard workers and extremely talented coders. You take the most stress from the playerbase of this game but every system must have a spine and the three of you are the spine of Carrion Fields. Thanks for your tremendous efforts.

Pico: Your overtone always managed to make me meek. You made people get things done and they did it well. Thank you.

Jullias: Appreciate the chance to learn the Carrion Fields system. I hope you are enjoying fatherhood.

Grumorum: The funniest person I ever met online. Great attitude and wild imagination. I hope everything in life is going well for you bud.

Special thanks to: Drok and Balgrimnr (Ilraeth (for your creative help) the Twins! Players: Ioanis, Sendrik, Daerkshyn, Rio, Glaus, etc.

BattleRagers: I poured my passion, heart and pride into what is known as the Village of Battle. Please do it justice and honor by showing Courage and Pride in what remains of it.

To the players: Have fun while you can. This is a book that you write the chapters to. It is a fire which you stoke. A weapon which you craft. Carrion Fields is the heart of the HammerSong, for it forges you and you forge it.

So this is my goodbye. I leave you with names by which you may have known me and the legacy of Thror HammerSong.

It has been so long, I hardly know which characters to mention. I'll mention the ones I can remember.

Padishar (Dark Elf Knight of Thera), Imrahil, Mhaedhros, Mhaedhras, Glanduin the SpearDancer, Beornin the Raging Bear of the Rampaging Bull, Khameul (First Dreadlord), Nazgauga "Eatum Gud"(240+, 4), Minnalcar the Demonic Warlord, Manarei (BattleRager Master Assassin) (300+, 2)...and likely a dozen more.

It is my intention to one day return to this home. If I make it, I will embrace the changes with an open mind. If I do not, it will be remembered with the fondest of memories.

Signed: Andrew Ramos

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: My goodbyes., Harlequin, 10-Dec-04 02:12 PM, #35
Reply *poke*, Valguarnera, 10-Dec-04 04:58 PM, #36
Reply A month late and a dollar short, Tahren, 04-Dec-04 06:01 PM, #34
Reply Thane, Zylundak (Guest), 17-Nov-04 01:17 PM, #33
Reply See ya, Balrahd. (Guest), 15-Nov-04 12:37 PM, #31
Reply RE: See ya, ThrorHammerSong (Guest), 15-Nov-04 07:41 PM, #32
Reply Listen here dwarf!, Velkurah, 12-Nov-04 04:32 PM, #30
Reply Bah, ordasen, 12-Nov-04 04:20 PM, #29
Reply oi oi oi, Grurk Muouk, 12-Nov-04 04:19 PM, #28
Reply Me Kin!, Septach (Guest), 12-Nov-04 12:12 PM, #26
Reply Oh one more thing, Septach (Guest), 12-Nov-04 12:14 PM, #27
Reply Well it was fun working with you., Bobbyp (Guest), 12-Nov-04 10:05 AM, #25
Reply Bummer., Warborf (Guest), 12-Nov-04 10:01 AM, #24
Reply Throrsie!., Valguarnera, 11-Nov-04 11:23 PM, #23
Reply Never intereacted with you much, except..., Narissa, 11-Nov-04 09:12 PM, #22
Reply Well..., Daerk (Guest), 11-Nov-04 06:00 PM, #21
Reply RE: My goodbyes., VossTheDruid (Guest), 11-Nov-04 11:21 AM, #20
Reply RE: My goodbyes., Mordrack (Guest), 11-Nov-04 11:18 AM, #19
Reply You da man, Intronan, 11-Nov-04 07:10 AM, #18
Reply A Fond Farewell to My Friend the Lil'Mex, Abernyte, 11-Nov-04 06:13 AM, #17
Reply Interacting with your character.., jaynus, 11-Nov-04 01:04 AM, #16
Reply Thanks, Nivek1, 10-Nov-04 10:11 PM, #15
Reply oh boy, Treebeard. (Guest), 10-Nov-04 08:29 PM, #14
Reply Wait a god damned minute..., Mek (Guest), 10-Nov-04 08:08 PM, #12
Reply Er, read this one, Mek (Guest), 10-Nov-04 08:11 PM, #13
Reply RE: My goodbyes., Thrak (Guest), 10-Nov-04 07:51 PM, #11
Reply You'll be missed.., Amaranthe, 10-Nov-04 07:27 PM, #10
Reply ####in' A, Catastrophic, 10-Nov-04 05:59 PM, #9
Reply One more great CF Vet fades away., Oddjob, 10-Nov-04 05:13 PM, #8
Reply You are the reason..., Faze Away (Guest), 10-Nov-04 05:11 PM, #7
Reply RE: My goodbyes., Xenoroyal_ (Guest), 10-Nov-04 04:58 PM, #6
Reply Feh., The Forsaken (Guest), 10-Nov-04 04:33 PM, #5
Reply For what it's worth..., Quintius A. (Guest), 10-Nov-04 03:51 PM, #4
Reply RE: My goodbyes., Isildur, 10-Nov-04 03:49 PM, #3
Reply RE: My goodbyes., LoboGraatch (Guest), 10-Nov-04 03:49 PM, #2
Reply No kidding man, MayDay (Guest), 10-Nov-04 03:28 PM, #1

HarlequinFri 10-Dec-04 02:12 PM
Member since 10th Dec 2004
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33302, "RE: My goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0

Admittedly, I am way behind on checking the messages in this forum. This is due largely in fact that reading these boards is somewhat painful... Like an amputee remembering a lost limb. I cut myself off from CF by choice to concentrate on my career, which as it turns out was the wrong choice since that career is now gone. But hindsight is, after all, 20/20.

I'm sorry to hear that you will be leaving CF. Every now and again I would log on to see what you were up to by seeing what content or area you had added. And while I never sought to speak with you directly, it was a comfort to know that the legacy I had been a part of, no matter how small, was still in existence.

I enjoyed all of our interactions, both mortal and immortal, from Axzwerlich's time with mortal Thror and Minnalcar and the exploration of the Whitecloak camp and my eventual enmity with them to the discussions we had after I managed to become a Hero-Imm with Khadii. I am sorry I was not around more but as you yourself have said, sometimes we must sacrifice things we love to focus on what is important in life.

I am glad to hear fatherhood is agreeing with you and that your life outside of CF has obviously flourished. I bid you congratulations and well wishes for the future and all it might hold. And perhaps one day, two old Battle veterans can meet and discuss the old days over a mug of ale. Of course, we'll most likely have to substitute an imported beer for the ale but it's the concept that matters, not the actual setting.

Sincerely and with best wishes,
Amory Gritta
(AKA - Axzwerlich, Khadii, Harlequiin, and more characters than I can remember)

ValguarneraFri 10-Dec-04 04:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33306, "*poke*"
In response to Reply #35

Shoot me an email, you.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

TahrenSat 04-Dec-04 06:01 PM
Member since 25th Oct 2003
70 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33123, "A month late and a dollar short"
In response to Reply #0

It was a fun ride, wasn't it? Tahren was my first hero and by far my only real great time with CF. Your roleplay was phenomenal - I would find myself immersed in our interactions, in turn raising my own personal bar for roleplay with others as well. Hell, I did some research in blacksmithing just to come up with the right technique and terminology to work the forge! I always had to think on my feet to keep up with you, and despite my lack of playing these past few years, I was disappointed to find that you had gone inactive. I figured it was just a matter of time for you to fall out completely - grad school to real work to marriage and now a kiddo. I've only got the first two of the four going for me right now (working on number 3 ) and I know I don't have enough time to devote to CF. I can only imagine how you hung on this long.

For what it's worth, the religion you came up with struck a major chord with my own personal beliefs. The hard work / just rewards concept is something I've always tried to stick to. Why else would I have gone through the hell that is grad school? Yours is probably a good form to follow for upcoming imms and new religions - find something that people can relate to in real life and torque it a little to make it the base of a solid make-believe religion.

As you mentioned, the interactions with you and Warborf showed me just how powerfully immersive and wonderful CF could be, and I've never been able to top it. I have you to thank for it. Sadly, even what, 4 years later, I still fondly bring up the Tahren/Thror months when my friends talk about pen-and-paper RPGs and MMORPGS. Funny how a simple game can stick with you like that. Thanks.

Drop me an email sometime if you'd like - jkstrelec@sbcglobal.net

Justin / Tahren

Zylundak (Guest)Wed 17-Nov-04 01:17 PM

#32732, "Thane"
In response to Reply #0

As a character I always tried to live up to what I knew about you, as
I still remember a young dwarf running around galadon causing sevear
trouble yelling BLOODY HAMMER! That young dwarf was the first villager
I ever encountered and would have been with my first villager had I not
been so clueless and lawful... heh. Ever since then I always wanted to
make a character that could live up to you. I did try many times. My
first of any note was probibly Ralgor, I liked every last interaction
we had. Even when you made me feel about two inches tall after taking
the Link and then comming to the forge, not vise versa. All around I
think you are or were one of the best examples of what I see a villager
as, with Zylundak I tried to emulate that a bit but not with a dwarves
emotion, just fact. I kept hoping I would have another chance to follow
you seeing as I never found that Mithril... *shrug* If you have a moment
I would love to hear your thoughts, TheSouthernCurse@hotmail.com.

Lastly:
I would like to wish you the best of luck in your new life, I know how
hard it can be. Just stick with it and trust things will work out alright.

Darktears

Balrahd. (Guest)Mon 15-Nov-04 12:37 PM

#32691, "See ya"
In response to Reply #0

Good luck, Man.

I don't know what a Network Administrator for a Chemical company out of High Point, NC, does insofar as day-to-day work, but you have one hell of an imagination and creative drive, and I'll tell you flat out, if you ever publish a book I'll be the first one to buy a copy (you'll have to keep a mass email list to let all the old CFers know). It was several years of fun interacting with your characters - some of whom I never completely believed were played by you because their personalities were so different and at least one (Manarei) that I didn't know was played by you until this post. Anyway, I'm posting late on this thread so you may not get to it, but I just wanted to say thanks, it was fun, and wish you lots of luck.

ThrorHammerSong (Guest)Mon 15-Nov-04 07:41 PM

#32700, "RE: See ya"
In response to Reply #31

I appreciate the responses. It really makes the effort put into this creative engine of a game worthwhile. My online time over the past two and a half years was as minimal as it could possibly be. In some cases that was due to lack of motivation. In most cases it was due to real life. Unfortunately, I could not log in from work, which would have consisted of the majority of my online time.

I wrote the Carrion Field stories at the height of my enjoyment of this game. The initial stories occured when I felt the story of Battle needed to be told. So many people hated the cabal and very few understood the perspective of a BattleRager. The Cabal was entirely about respect. When you lost a great 'in-game' friend due to con-loss or deletion you really felt like you lost a brother. Every fight was a fight to the bitter end, many times being outnumbered and praying for a lucky deathblow to give you some ground in a battle. The addition of Scouts/Defenders and ultimately new philosophies in War gave another dimension that was still core to the beliefs of battle but not so strict as to give an enemy the ultimate advantage.

The second story was with regards to Sylvan, who I felt were tremendously similar to Battle. They had their own backstory in which their stance was as serious as Battle's. Both were considered heavily 'overpowered' cabals and pitting the two against one another was good for the game. Some of the most tremendous battles came out of that particular war and many of the most memorable heroes did as well.

Of my characters, Thror was obviously my favorite. I felt he was a great mortal and by the responses many did as well. My downfall was always that I tended to micromanage the cabal. I played a stubborn role well, but many times I felt Battle should be black or white, and in regards to an immortal it should never come to backing down. I made my share of mistakes. At times, I apologized for them, but often I left them unresolved. I wanted every player to like me but as an Immortal you have to expect less than that.

Nazgauga had to be my favorite aside from Thror. He was Entropy at one point and I had completely picked up his language out of nowhere. It gradually grew on me and coupled with the ability to Doppel, I became a force to be reckoned with. My downfall was wrath, but aside from this I created this character to be a coward. He was to take advantage of any opportunity and that showed in his death to win ratio.

Manarei was a defender who was meant to give assassins a true identity as one-shot killers in Battle. His role-models were Jerreric and Padget (excuse the spelling) because these enemies knew the art better than he. Even as an Immortal I had no idea what determined the greatest success in assassinations, so I asked the two of these individuals and went through a series of trial and error to get the best results. Luckily, I picked it up and got great at it. My shining moment was assassinating the Emperor (I forget his name) which was required to regain entrance into Battle. This and the many assassinations in the Sylvan/Battle War are moments to remember.

Minnalcar went to hell with the intent of Betraying Battle. At the time, Battle was immensely strong. I wanted to see if the backbone of Battle could withstand a sudden and immediate halt in leadership. I always felt Battle was entirely dependant upon its leadership. This proved my point. Battle crumbled to Arbiters at the time. The Arbitor Lords were to be applauded. They did a wonderful job of destroying battle and defeating me during these times.

Beornin was a great character because he was created when the game was still new to me in a sense. Forming into a bear and raking my claws against a Yeti, or against Masters of the Five Magics was great, until they started hunting you. He was ultimately a follower of Ra####on and became too reckless in his latter years.

Glanduin's most memorable moments were with Craevenwulf (please forgive the spelling), Kinkadze and Kadazine. The two ranger brothers were incredible friends and ultimately my immortalship lost ties with them. I actually can recall some of my best battles being at their side. Two of the most loyal cabal mates one can find.

Nearly every character above I can fondly remember. From Delyn, to Jaldean - Abernyte, Kinkadze, Creon, Vahlen, Warborf, Tahren, Daerkshynn, Septach (wow it's been a long time), Valgie (my hero!), Axzwerlich (great addition to the story with Daerkshynn), Voss (I'm getting old), the mighty Mordrack, Nivek, Guerric, Thrak!, Dallevian (a beast), Quintius (a great rival),Loborguz, and oh so many more.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. You've made this goodbye nearly unbearable but most memorable. It feels worthwhile knowing that people enjoyed my contributions. Best of luck to you all. Please feel free to contact me at:

aramos@triad.rr.com

I can't promise an immediate response but I can promise a response. My best to you all.

VelkurahFri 12-Nov-04 04:32 PM
Member since 29th Jan 2004
119 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32612, "Listen here dwarf!"
In response to Reply #0

I chose now to delete, and you go and delete on my heels... er, that is, fiery fetlocks? Are you trying to steal my going-away thunder?!

I would say I was sorry to see you go, but I'm gone too, so technically I wont see! I had a pretty long history with your characters too... I remember when I was playing Tyrandil back when you were Padishar, and a dark elf invoker mob and a bunch of warriors came after you and raided the Castle. It was fun stuff. Then as Glanduin, I was Delyn, and we had a Knight-Battle joint Hell trip all planned out, and Nimbus gave you guys permission to accept communes from Knight healers while on the trip, I of course agreed not to bring any Knight mages along... but you refused to agree not to bring any evil Ragers! Ruined the whole thing! I also had a few Ragers under you that were fun, and it was fun hanging out with you in the goold old Gathering Room.

Anyhow, good luck with real life. Make sure little Thror gets off his mothers apron strings and learns how to type soon!

Velk

ordasenFri 12-Nov-04 04:20 PM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
#32609, "Bah"
In response to Reply #0

Damn you and your stinky loin cloth.
Ah well, it was a blast chief all the way back from our interactions together from the Glanduin days (you stone dog) and even further back to Padishar and the -rebabawe days where you used that ending over and over.
Always did enjoy talking about things to do for battle and events that could be done, and giving my opinions to you when you were in the hayday of Battle. Was always a passion that I enjoyed and you were one of the reasons I moved over there, and then you had to go and disappear. Bah. Ah well, enjoy the little one and life as I've got the feeling as well my life is about to get hetict with being hired on the police force down here.
And remember little Bruce Lee, dont drink soo many damn beers.

Ordsaen

Grurk MuoukFri 12-Nov-04 04:19 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32608, "oi oi oi"
In response to Reply #0

What can I say.. you are one of the reasons why I wanted to
imm so badly. The interactions you gave my mortals in the past
were some of my most memorable times here at CF.

Good luck with the Thror Jr. Don't let him near the Hammers
until he's old enough. =)

Grurk

Septach (Guest)Fri 12-Nov-04 12:12 PM

#32601, "Me Kin!"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I can't say I've ever had a rager under you, but I did interact with you quite a bit as Septach, both as a mortal, and as a doomed heroimm. Walking me through your 'almost-ready-to-go-live' area was great, and I remember how proud you were of the gallows in Whitecloaks

CF definitely loses a certain something now that it is Thror-less. I'll miss you man--you were old school, like me

Septach (Guest)Fri 12-Nov-04 12:14 PM

#32602, "Oh one more thing"
In response to Reply #26

Beornin was probably the character I actually loved the most, and I'm surprised nobody else is commenting on him. I ran with you a bit when I played Restricis (the coughing hack of chaos!). Every time I was in Galadon and saw 'Beornin yells *ROARS!*' I got shivers--it was a amazingly well-played character in a time where role playing was just getting its wings.

Bobbyp (Guest)Fri 12-Nov-04 10:05 AM

#32596, "Well it was fun working with you."
In response to Reply #0

I was one of the people in a race to be your first follower, and think it was Aryximaraki? I had another that did become a follower, Haimya, but I didn't understand the religion very well. I also had some character that died to you in the circle, when you would come down out of Asgaard and take on all comers. I can't BELIEVE you were Minalcar, I had a rager at that time too! Good luck, and hope life treats you well.

Warborf (Guest)Fri 12-Nov-04 10:01 AM

#32595, "Bummer."
In response to Reply #0

I too understand the burden and blessing of beggining a family, and taking on the responsibility of providing for that family. It is the reason I have not had a character since Jaegrudai. I do not think I will return to CF myself, and only have visited the forums because I heard through the grapevine that you deleted. You and Tahren represent my absolute finest CF memories, and I was honored to be mentioned in your farewell note. CF never seemed as bright or as real after Warborf, and maybe that paleness is the biggest reason I'm not likely to return.

I thank you for your service to us all and wish you the most sincere of luck in all your endeavors. I pray that God watches over you and yours always, and provides you with longlasting love and happiness.

Feel free to email me. gfgrillguy@yahoo.com

ValguarneraThu 11-Nov-04 11:23 PM
6904 posts
#32589, "Throrsie!."
In response to Reply #0

Zulghinlour, Sebeok, Valguarnera: You three are perhaps the most direct, honest people of this game. What's worse (as in better) you are amazingly hard workers and extremely talented coders. You take the most stress from the playerbase of this game but every system must have a spine and the three of you are the spine of Carrion Fields. Thanks for your tremendous efforts.

Thanks, chief!

I admit I saw this coming a long time ago, but I hoped I was wrong. Thanks for all the time and effort you put in over the years, and especially for being relentlessly positive and fun. As you know from all our talks, I'm a huge fan of your contributions to CF, and if you decide to return to your home here, I hope I'm the first person you write to. This crusty old lich will miss his loincloth-clad Rager pal!

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

NarissaThu 11-Nov-04 09:12 PM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
#32587, "Never intereacted with you much, except..."
In response to Reply #0

with the brief moment and the title from you with Llohuir! I've been a great fan of yours, especially your stories and the passion you've put in the village. I liked the way you RP dwarf (as in the logs I've seen) and put a distinct 'father, snobbish but really mellow' attitude inside. I admire the work you've put into CF. We'll be missing you, bud.

As for fatherhood - yeah, that was the turning point for me too. You can't get enough of them, you can't wait for them to grow up, and when they REALLY do grow up, you wish them to be toddlers again. They are an absolute joy and fun, from changing nappies to reading them stories to hugging and fussing and frowning on everything they are doing. Yeah fatherhood...

You were Minnalcar and Manarei? Sheesh, cool characters.

Daerk (Guest)Thu 11-Nov-04 06:00 PM

#32579, "Well..."
In response to Reply #0

What to say? I had loads of fun with Daerkshyn running alongside you and Axzwerlich, 90% of the time being outnumbered and tooled but loving the fights and making the mass groups of enemies pay to one degree or another. Played a string of villagers as a result of that experience, the next most fun being Hyshrawr where I got to revisit some of the days of Daerkshyn and got to interact with you when Trewyn, I and the village were going through growing pains.

I can't believe you were Minnalcar, sorry bastard! If you ever send me an email I'll let you in on a'lil secret about a character I played but have never divulged.

Real life has a way of stepping in and gaining your attention and I agree with you 100% about children though I don't have any of my own. My best friend has recently had one and I see the changes and hear him echo the same sentiments. I wish you and your burgeoning young family nothing but the best and hope our paths cross again at some point in the future. Thanks for loving the game enough to leave your mark on it and make it more enjoyable for all of us, even the haters who need someone to bitch at. You'll be sorely missed.

Oh yeah! Likewise I enjoyed our interactions with the Village vrs Sylvan war when I was Jugynheim. Great stuff and those Imm-run/supported conflicts are what steal away the tedious doldrum existence of spamming where, where pk, who pk, eq and locate object. You've given alot to the game and I can only hope you got at least a portion of that back in enjoyment and interaction with those who recognize your donations to the communal experience.
Take care,
Daerkshyn, Hyshrawr, Jugynheim, Maddryn, Infestix, Uhlume and a host of others...

email: infestyx@hotmail.com

ps: I spelled my name funky because I don't remember my Daerkshyn password and that's one of my official nicks here. Sorry.

VossTheDruid (Guest)Thu 11-Nov-04 11:21 AM

#32564, "RE: My goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0

My interactions with mortal Thror were some of the most fun times I had with Voss. Thror was the only pc Voss ever lost a one on one duel to, that I remember anyway. That throwdown in the dwarf forest provided some of the most intensely realistic imagery of all of my experiences in CF.

So thanks for that.

Mordrack (Guest)Thu 11-Nov-04 11:18 AM

#32561, "RE: My goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0

Congratulations with your little boy. I truelly wish you the best. I never had the chance to make a rager due to insufficient time. Now I wish is made time. Somehow I assumed you would be here forever, even after my abscence of nearly three years from carrionfields.

Anyway. I will never forget the interactions between Battle and the Tower while you were a mortal leader.

Good luck.

Mordrack - Rhycyn.

IntronanThu 11-Nov-04 07:10 AM
25 posts
#32558, "You da man"
In response to Reply #0

You'll always be da CF man. You taught me so much, and made so much of this game enjoyable for me. Great guy to talk to, about life, CF, pretty much anything. Good luck with your son, take full advantage of the blessing you were given. I know I'm trying to as well.

AbernyteThu 11-Nov-04 06:13 AM
972 posts
#32557, "A Fond Farewell to My Friend the Lil'Mex"
In response to Reply #0

Never a dull moment when any mortal or immortal incarnations of yours was about. MY fondest memories of CF will always be in the days of Glanduin and the speardancers of the wolves when Kadizine betrayed us and became a master, Graham had his first hero 'anything' and you, Jeff, CFjunky and the dundee boys would have tremendous all day battles with the smuggers masters and some of the neosofters!
Part of my losing interest in Grogim was a result of your dissappearing and Kastellyn too as my main wish as an Imm was to enrich the village and get some quests and things running with you two. Anyway, whats done is done. Drop me an email some time and I will close on an old Scottish dinner speech which sums up the good times we played in the village:

Here's Tae Us!
Wha's Like Us!?
Damned Few!
Thank Christ!

All the best Lil'Mex

-----Abernyte

jaynusThu 11-Nov-04 01:04 AM
Member since 16th Apr 2003
139 posts
#32553, "Interacting with your character.."
In response to Reply #0

Made me wish I started playing earlier. We didn't talk much, but when we did, it was great. I tried to incorporate your character into my roles as much as possible, simply because of the amount of respect I held for you. Good luck with fatherhood and make sure he grows up a CCBR (Card Carrying BattleRager).

Take it easy.
- James

Nivek1Wed 10-Nov-04 10:11 PM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#32551, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #0

I've had a few Villagers, and though I didn't interact much with a visible Thror, the work you did behind the scenes made things better.

I wanted to thank you for mentioning my ranger, Cronin, in your story of the Battle/Sylvan war. The whole story was an excellent piece of creative writing.

Segroi, Koaeb, Kopiteous.

Nivek

PS: Nivek. My first serious character, first hero, greenest of the green. And yet I remember pre-Asmodeus Minalcar having this total newb come out to Aryth to rescue him from the area beneath the whirlpool. Nothing negative - I still get a kick out of that, though.

Treebeard. (Guest)Wed 10-Nov-04 08:29 PM

#32538, "oh boy"
In response to Reply #0

I know I might seem small time in comparison to some of the names you've had, but I just have to say, thank you thank you thank you. I can't remember how many times I had you yell at me, push me, or help me learn about battle. I love the cabal, and think you've done so much for it that I'll always be back. Well done on Manarei and Minalcar, too...I had no idea . Anyhow, good luck being a father, and come back some day. My sorry ass will probably still be here.
My villagers in the best order I can
Ashadus (think you might've been mortal or heroim)
mefero
Dorthorn
Davrin
Bardock (thank you so much for writing me in your story)
Delebrinduil
Senimar
Muarghat

Again, thanks for it all

Mek (Guest)Wed 10-Nov-04 08:08 PM

#32535, "Wait a god damned minute..."
In response to Reply #0

Is this the Andrew Ramos from Vacaville, CA?

Mek (Guest)Wed 10-Nov-04 08:11 PM

#32536, "Er, read this one"
In response to Reply #12

Are you the Andrew Ramos formerly of Vacaville, CA? I doubt it, but that would be amazing if you were.

Thrak (Guest)Wed 10-Nov-04 07:51 PM

#32533, "RE: My goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0

This doesn't come as a huge surprise, but it saddens me to see you go. As always you were one of my closest friends on the mud. I will miss you dearly. I loved our fights when we were both mortal. I enjoyed playing a Throrbie when your religion was just getting started and have loved every rager who got to interact with you. Personally I have always loved your morts and felt they were your strongest point, so I hope that someday I will log on to see a stellar character and then find out after death that it is you returning. Give a big hug to your son and wife from me.

Thrak.

P.S. I am trying to hang on and stay a tiny bit active, but the changes in my life are catching up with me also.

AmarantheWed 10-Nov-04 07:27 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
#32531, "You'll be missed.."
In response to Reply #0

Take care of yourself. You've always been one of my favorite little bearded guys, from the time you were a mortal and received your hammersong cloak from Lyria. Watching you ascend through immdom was a pleasure, and your contributions to CF will be well-remembered.

I understand first-hand the joys and burdens of parenthood, and though my time with my own daughter is not so limited, I do happen to be married to an overworked husband who I often see struggling to manage to spend some quality time with his child and at the same time pursue his own interests, as well.

I'm glad you are keeping CF in your back pocket.. perhaps one day when things slow down for you, we'll see you again. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to drop me an e-mail anytime. You know where to reach me.

CatastrophicWed 10-Nov-04 05:55 PM
145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#32527, "####in' A"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 10-Nov-04 05:59 PM

And pardon my French...

This is a TERRIBLE day for CF, IMHO. I know you were pretty dormant these past few months (years?), but just knowing you were somewhere in the background made me, and I think a lot of us, feel like you were still around. This is a shocking blow and only serves to push me even further away from CF than I already was. Woe. Woe. Woe.

Love ya, and good luck with it all.

==
You get 269938 gold coins from the corpse of Valguarnera.
==

OddjobWed 10-Nov-04 05:13 PM
345 posts
#32525, "One more great CF Vet fades away."
In response to Reply #0

Man, this is a huge hit to CF I gotta tell ya. Ive said that before about certain imms leaving but you really were one hell of an Imm. I know that as a player who has interacted with you, having friends who have interacted with you even more, and having Immstaff friends who tell me of your behind the scenes achievements. I used to have a sour opinion of you from an IC incident and as I brought it up on this forum. In a very "non CF Imm manor" you apologized and asked me to give er another go. Very human, very humble, and it made me delete my char to roll a follower of yours. Thank you for that, its so ultra-rare anymore.

I will always remember how as a heroimm you were the biggest micromanager. Always at the village yelling at people or patting them on the back. Thats what I think a cabal imm should be. It doesnt work in business but CEOs arent Gods. Great example of a heroimm. Not just disapearing into his area building for 6 months.

Eh, anyway I hope fatherhood treats you well. Its not really my thing to tell you the truth. The time you save by not mudding though will better your child in the long run, and yourself. It sure has me. The things Ive done with my life since I played last astound me.

Luck to you Hammersong.

bigwalsh1@hotmail.com
Oddjob

POSTER'S DISCLAIMER: "Of course....I don't play anymore, but its just my 2 cents."

Faze Away (Guest)Wed 10-Nov-04 05:11 PM

#32524, "You are the reason..."
In response to Reply #0

that I started playing CF in the first place. That's right, it's all YOUR fault I am hopelessly addicted! Bastard! Well, indirectly. I went to school and graduated with your brother. He got me started back in 95 or 96. Ever since then, I've been hooked. Good luck with work, life, and anything else that heads your way.

Xenoroyal_ (Guest)Wed 10-Nov-04 04:58 PM

#32523, "RE: My goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0

This seriously blows. I was often critical of you in the same way I am of Grurk, but there is no denying you we're one of the best Imms. I wish you didn't have to go. Good luck with being a father.

- Valarath

The Forsaken (Guest)Wed 10-Nov-04 04:33 PM

#32522, "Feh."
In response to Reply #0

The one person I wish was around forever, now finally closing the door. Thror and Minalcar impacted my early gaming days more than any other character, and to this day I think everyone should start this mud with a Villager. So, thanks for all the fun and great memories with stupid text. Good luck with the little guy and all that. Should be less a headache than dealing with us.

The Forsaken

-Dallevian/Iradrin/Firakrav/Feirshay/Cuvitar-
and countless others that I've enjoyed playing

Quintius A. (Guest)Wed 10-Nov-04 03:51 PM

#32518, "For what it's worth..."
In response to Reply #0

The following is actually meant as a compliment.

Playing Quintius near and at hero was one of the most frustrating things I've ever done in CF. Not only were the Masters weaker, but that inexplicable alliance made between 2 Imperial sects and the village pretty much left us Arbiters bearing the brunt of the village frustratingly without being allowed to fight back and take the Bloody Head of the Magician.

People often wine about game imbalance, but I honestly feel there wasn't a lot a human sword spec warrior could do to triple resisted battlerager giant warriors with old-school reposte, unblockable deathblows, and were allowed to gang-bang.

I'd log in near the end, see myself outnumbered 5-1, scream in frustration and sometimes log off, but one thinge kep me alive.

My utter, total, and complete seething hatred of Minalcar.

I still can't believe how much I hated Minalcar. Out of every made-up villian I've ever seen in games/movies/books none caused more, simple, straightforward hate than the Warlord of Asmodeus.

When War was finally approved, I can't beleve how much detailed planning and diplomacy with the Masters and Imperials I put into destroying the village, or how ruthless it all was. We would do stuff like:

1. Take the head, give it to the Masters of Imperials, then flag retreiving lowbie ragers to put them into hideous XP holes. Never lying, but letting them impale themselves on their own assumptions.

I've never been that much of a bastard, always felt a little bit bad OOC putting criminals into XP holes, knowing how much ranking time it would take to get out of them, but here, I didn't care.

I, as well as Imbrogno and other Arbiters, wanted you all CON dead.

2. Intentionally multi-killing and gang-banging Battleragers with Imbrogno and other Masters, since I honestly sucked at PK, and keeping a detailed list of who was still alive and sending it to Master and Empire on a weekly basis, sometimes more often so they knew exactly whom to kill.

I've never multi-killed anyone before or since.

3. Raiding for the head then, out of sheer spite, killing every mob within, looting the pit and mass-sacrificing everything down to the last charred bracer or piece of bread.

4. Having an arbiter necro not kill a plagued up rager he had slept, but to let him wake up....and taunt him as he slowly ran out of moves and died of the scourge.

5. Keeping the war going another 2 weeks once it was obviously over until the ragers were down to less than 10 people, and the head had stayed in the Arbiter cabal for 3 straight days.

Well done on making one of the best villans I've ever seen.

IsildurWed 10-Nov-04 03:49 PM
5969 posts
#32517, "RE: My goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0

So now I know who Manarei was. Good job. You were one scary mofo. Never interacted with Thror much (not having played any ragers) but you seemed to keep the cabal going strong, which is almost always a good thing. Make the most of your time away.

LoboGraatch (Guest)Wed 10-Nov-04 03:49 PM

#32516, "RE: My goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0

You played Manarei?????

Hahahahahahaha that explains soooooo much!

Anyway, thanks for all the good times. Good luck with everything and enjoy fatherhood. If you're ever in NYC make sure to look me up and the first round will be on me.

-Mark

MayDay (Guest)Wed 10-Nov-04 03:28 PM

#32514, "No kidding man"
In response to Reply #0

I live in Clemmons, NC too. Too be exact, Waterford village. Good luck with everything.

MayDay

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32513 Previous topic | Next topic