Subject: "My goodbyes." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32513
Show all folders

ThrorHammerSong (Guest)Wed 10-Nov-04 02:54 PM

#32513, "My goodbyes."

I will begin my goodbyes with a heartfelt thank you. I am thankful to the players, the immortals and the IMPs who gave me the experience that Carrion Fields is. When I first played this game it was like a good book. I couldn't reach the end of it quick enough and I had to be immersed in it as much as possible.

I passed the time doing what I could to help and at times just watching from a distance. It was a pleasure to be part of such a talented group of people who volunteer their time for free. As I am getting older, I realize time isn't a luxury anymore and sometimes you have to give up the things you love to prioritize what is important in life.

I apologize to the players who felt I would return. I made every attempt to, however the lack of time and motivation never returned to me once I stepped into the working world.

To those who care, a brief update of me:

I now have a 9 month old son who is now my inspiration. Every day I watch him grow and attempt to spend every minute of two hours a day with him after work. For those of you who are unsure or afraid, know that having a child is the best experience life can offer. It makes you humble and reminds you of what life used to be and how great life can become.

I am a Network Administrator for a Chemical company out of High Point, NC. I live in Clemmons, NC and you can probably hear me yelling at my yowling basset hounds early in the morning or late at night.

My sincerest thanks to the following people who made this game amazing:

First and foremost:

BoltThrower: You gave me a chance and made me think highly of myself as an impressionable collge student. Thanks for the opportunity. I hope fatherhood is treating you well.

Intronan: A great friend and an amazingly hard worker. Greatest of luck on your newborn. Revel in fatherhood. You're a standup guy.

Stellyx: A wordsmith in and out of the game. You my friend, are all class.

Thrakburzug: You were an inspirational friend and a huge asset to the morale of the staff. Thanks for being there when at times it felt no one else was.

Kastellyn: You're attitude is amazing. My fondest memory will be of you seeing me in college and of Invictus!

Tahren and Warborf: You were the most amazing followers I ever had. Thank you for showing me an aspect of the game that I still thirst for today.

Amaranthe: Every community needs a mother. You are she and she is you. Thanks for listening and asking about my life outside of the game.

Arvam: Free entertainment! You were the free entertainment of this game. You always knew how to keep attitudes high.

Shokai: If ever there was a father of this game, you are he and he is you! Great meeting you way back when. Thanks for bringing so much to this game and truely inspiring faith in a person.

Zulghinlour, Sebeok, Valguarnera: You three are perhaps the most direct, honest people of this game. What's worse (as in better) you are amazingly hard workers and extremely talented coders. You take the most stress from the playerbase of this game but every system must have a spine and the three of you are the spine of Carrion Fields. Thanks for your tremendous efforts.

Pico: Your overtone always managed to make me meek. You made people get things done and they did it well. Thank you.

Jullias: Appreciate the chance to learn the Carrion Fields system. I hope you are enjoying fatherhood.

Grumorum: The funniest person I ever met online. Great attitude and wild imagination. I hope everything in life is going well for you bud.

Special thanks to: Drok and Balgrimnr (Ilraeth (for your creative help) the Twins! Players: Ioanis, Sendrik, Daerkshyn, Rio, Glaus, etc.

BattleRagers: I poured my passion, heart and pride into what is known as the Village of Battle. Please do it justice and honor by showing Courage and Pride in what remains of it.

To the players: Have fun while you can. This is a book that you write the chapters to. It is a fire which you stoke. A weapon which you craft. Carrion Fields is the heart of the HammerSong, for it forges you and you forge it.

So this is my goodbye. I leave you with names by which you may have known me and the legacy of Thror HammerSong.

It has been so long, I hardly know which characters to mention. I'll mention the ones I can remember.

Padishar (Dark Elf Knight of Thera), Imrahil, Mhaedhros, Mhaedhras, Glanduin the SpearDancer, Beornin the Raging Bear of the Rampaging Bull, Khameul (First Dreadlord), Nazgauga "Eatum Gud"(240+, 4), Minnalcar the Demonic Warlord, Manarei (BattleRager Master Assassin) (300+, 2)...and likely a dozen more.

It is my intention to one day return to this home. If I make it, I will embrace the changes with an open mind. If I do not, it will be remembered with the fondest of memories.

Signed: Andrew Ramos

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicMy goodbyes. [View all] , ThrorHammerSong (Guest), Wed 10-Nov-04 02:54 PM
Reply RE: My goodbyes., Harlequin, 10-Dec-04 02:12 PM, #35
Reply *poke*, Valguarnera, 10-Dec-04 04:58 PM, #36
Reply A month late and a dollar short, Tahren, 04-Dec-04 06:01 PM, #34
Reply Thane, Zylundak (Guest), 17-Nov-04 01:17 PM, #33
Reply See ya, Balrahd. (Guest), 15-Nov-04 12:37 PM, #31
Reply RE: See ya, ThrorHammerSong (Guest), 15-Nov-04 07:41 PM, #32
Reply Listen here dwarf!, Velkurah, 12-Nov-04 04:32 PM, #30
Reply Bah, ordasen, 12-Nov-04 04:20 PM, #29
Reply oi oi oi, Grurk Muouk, 12-Nov-04 04:19 PM, #28
Reply Me Kin!, Septach (Guest), 12-Nov-04 12:12 PM, #26
Reply Oh one more thing, Septach (Guest), 12-Nov-04 12:14 PM, #27
Reply Well it was fun working with you., Bobbyp (Guest), 12-Nov-04 10:05 AM, #25
Reply Bummer., Warborf (Guest), 12-Nov-04 10:01 AM, #24
Reply Throrsie!., Valguarnera, 11-Nov-04 11:23 PM, #23
Reply Never intereacted with you much, except..., Narissa, 11-Nov-04 09:12 PM, #22
Reply Well..., Daerk (Guest), 11-Nov-04 06:00 PM, #21
Reply RE: My goodbyes., VossTheDruid (Guest), 11-Nov-04 11:21 AM, #20
Reply RE: My goodbyes., Mordrack (Guest), 11-Nov-04 11:18 AM, #19
Reply You da man, Intronan, 11-Nov-04 07:10 AM, #18
Reply A Fond Farewell to My Friend the Lil'Mex, Abernyte, 11-Nov-04 06:13 AM, #17
Reply Interacting with your character.., jaynus, 11-Nov-04 01:04 AM, #16
Reply Thanks, Nivek1, 10-Nov-04 10:11 PM, #15
Reply oh boy, Treebeard. (Guest), 10-Nov-04 08:29 PM, #14
Reply Wait a god damned minute..., Mek (Guest), 10-Nov-04 08:08 PM, #12
Reply Er, read this one, Mek (Guest), 10-Nov-04 08:11 PM, #13
Reply RE: My goodbyes., Thrak (Guest), 10-Nov-04 07:51 PM, #11
Reply You'll be missed.., Amaranthe, 10-Nov-04 07:27 PM, #10
Reply ####in' A, Catastrophic, 10-Nov-04 05:59 PM, #9
Reply One more great CF Vet fades away., Oddjob, 10-Nov-04 05:13 PM, #8
Reply You are the reason..., Faze Away (Guest), 10-Nov-04 05:11 PM, #7
Reply RE: My goodbyes., Xenoroyal_ (Guest), 10-Nov-04 04:58 PM, #6
Reply Feh., The Forsaken (Guest), 10-Nov-04 04:33 PM, #5
Reply For what it's worth..., Quintius A. (Guest), 10-Nov-04 03:51 PM, #4
Reply RE: My goodbyes., Isildur, 10-Nov-04 03:49 PM, #3
Reply RE: My goodbyes., LoboGraatch (Guest), 10-Nov-04 03:49 PM, #2
Reply No kidding man, MayDay (Guest), 10-Nov-04 03:28 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32513 Previous topic | Next topic