Subject: "whilst I have no problem with Adgrizn I want to say this" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27880
Show all folders

Daurwyn (Guest)Mon 14-Jun-04 03:56 PM

#28015, "whilst I have no problem with Adgrizn I want to say this"

>
>Your traveling with a group of ragers and you've allready said
>that your going to attack person X, person X summons a group
>member when you've just scanned them and entered in direction
>+ attacks.

This example matching the one that I posted almost perfectly, but let's analyze it for a moment. Sammie and Adgrizn both attacked me. Adgrizn overran the room and came back to attack me. In passing through, he would have seen "Baendra is here fighting Sammie" and vice versa. On top of that, he would have seen Sammie get summoned away, and know that that was the beginning of an attack. Need I mention that there was a yell too as Sammie attacked me upon being summoned?

>Person who was summoned attacks the summoner to
>avoid being slept. You arrive and attack due to command
>cueing. Your fault. No.

Multiple pincering? Who cues pincer pincer when they are running into the room to attack? No one. There is no good reason to do it. It's not like spamming so that you catch them when they come to you. Particularly as he did not scan and attack due to command cuing. Had he scanned, he wouldn't have overshot the room like he did, since I wasn't moving anywhere. Your fault? Yes!

#### like this happens DAILY. No one
>has a instant link with 0 movment delay in the game. It
>happens, even when not intended.
>

The example on the open sea is a prime example of what a berserker shouldn't be doing as per Jinroh. Neither villager chose to flee and I went several rounds stuck in combat (word of recall failed, and pincer and cut-off were both working well). When I consider that Sammie was the person complaining about being attacked two on one (by a frigging ap -- I mean, aps are supposed to be dishonorable in general), forgive me for thinking it a whine that we shouldn't have had to read.

>
>Plain and simple is that ####wads bitched and whine about
>battle cause they were beaten by skill or circumstances.

Really? I could have sworn that one of the two died and the other left. Which is what happened the time Frumpledunk and Vezrak attacked me. When Vezrak was maladicted enough he took off and left Frumpledunk to die. Even maladicted he could have stuck close to try to wake his fellow villager. Since no villagers actually killed my character (that I recall) I don't feel any bitterness towards the village at all. Hell, I'm not bitter towards Gradaelus and his buddies and they got me twice. Or Inelour who teamed up once with an arcane because necro maladictions weren't bad enough on their own. heh.

> I've
>never in all my playing time seen a perma gank team in
>battle... EVER. I see such poor displays from empire and
>scion, normally the same players over and over.
>

What's permagank got to do with it? Berserkers are not meant to use numbers outside of a raid (apparently). Does scion have a rule like this? Does Empire? No. It's supposed to be part of being a berserker, not part of just being a warrior. I guess if I had to give another example, though I could be wrong, I'd say it is acceptable for scions and imperial bards to lure people with offers to group before singing them to sleep and fiending them. I'm guessing that it wouldn't be acceptable if done by a berserker bard.

>However soon as one of those examples crops up where they get
>hit by more than 1 rager, they spit their dummy and bitch and
>moan.
>

I don't think I bitched or moaned. I think I simply laughed when Sammie complained about being attacked two on one. And I know for a fact that those two villagers planned to take me two on one from the start, because I saw one of them and they saw me when we were both alone. I went onto the open sea because that villager left me alone so I went to chase them.

>Adgrizn, I dont know the situation under the last fight you
>had with Jinroh & Arbiters, but prior to you wanting to delete
>All the fighting I did with you against 2-3 players was totaly
>legit. This is a game and we had alot of fun together. Rules
>and laws are guidelines, there are not execution lines...
>pitty so many of them make them out to be.
>

I don't think Adgrizn's fighting was legit. I just didn't mind it myself because he still showed courage, but that doesn't technically make it legit if Jinroh's right (and I guess he's likely to be since he's the current commander).

>If such strictness was applied to the game in general, no
>paladin would ever be empowered due to evil intentions and
>actions.

I can think of some who were pretty flawless. I think one was Ulthur. Another might have been one of Balrahd's whose name I can't remember right now.

> No imperials would be left due to aiding their enemy
>more times than I could count. So many aspects could be
>squashed in a instant. And then the game would spiral into a
>####heap.
>

Imperials aiding their enemy? I doubt they knowingly aid their enemies unless it is by killing their other enemies, and you can't fault them for that.

>People expect flawless performance from ragers, yet dont dare
>even dream of expecting half as much from themselves.
>

Given that I have solo pk'd to get fire control (something I don't think any other ap has done), I think I can safely say that I have put my money where my mouth is when I say that it is possible not to "accidentally" attack people two on one.

>I hope to see you back in the village as soon as possible
>Your one of the better players i've seen in this game, dont be
>discouraged.
>
>

I too would like to see him stick around, because yes, he was a good character to have around. Unfortunately, there are/were others with the not-so-good side of Adgrizn and not enough of the good.

Adgrizn took the lows well (e.g. suicided rather than let a healer rescue him) and showed plenty of guts by attacking alone and in towns. That, and his willingness to be the only villager logged on, were what won him my respect despite his willingness to bring numbers to bear on me. Some other berserkers never showed me anything besides the bringing numbers and actually avoided one on one confrontations with me even outside of the cities. That is not acceptable at all, unless I misunderstand the village.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicF... Farewells [View all] , Adgrizn (Guest), Tue 15-Jun-04 12:13 PM
Reply I hope you read this, others as well. My two cents on a..., Hastur (Guest), 13-Jun-04 09:44 PM, #28
Reply whilst I have no problem with Adgrizn I want to say thi..., Daurwyn (Guest), 14-Jun-04 03:56 PM #33
     Reply I understand where your comming from & here is a bit mo..., hastur (Guest), 14-Jun-04 11:08 PM, #34
          Reply The Gayness., Jin roh (Guest), 14-Jun-04 11:53 PM, #35
          Reply a few points, Daurwyn (Guest), 15-Jun-04 03:32 AM, #36
          Reply I disagree with you. I say Scrap Thror's ranger's and b..., Pro-Dawg (Guest), 15-Jun-04 11:40 PM, #37
Reply RE: F... Farewells, Istirith (Guest), 13-Jun-04 04:22 PM, #25
Reply Uhuh, Iborenn (Guest), 12-Jun-04 04:45 PM, #23
Reply Answers, Adgrizn (Guest), 13-Jun-04 10:28 AM, #24
     Reply If this is not simple enough for you, perhaps you shoul..., Jin roh (Guest), 13-Jun-04 05:38 PM, #26
     Reply Oh, allright, adgrizn (Guest), 14-Jun-04 03:05 AM, #29
          Reply Last post on the subject., Jin roh (Guest), 14-Jun-04 03:39 PM, #32
               Reply RE: Last post on the subject., Adgrizn (Guest), 16-Jun-04 07:34 AM, #39
     Reply RE: Answers, Ayik (Guest), 16-Jun-04 12:58 AM, #38
Reply Hrm, Elijsie (Guest), 12-Jun-04 02:02 PM, #21
Reply I'll throw in mine when I am dead, Glilanthis (Guest), 12-Jun-04 01:07 PM, #20
Reply Bye, Phrid (Guest), 12-Jun-04 03:20 AM, #18
Reply I hated you, Krithasi (Guest), 12-Jun-04 02:54 AM, #17
Reply Re, Nimrurl (Guest), 12-Jun-04 02:50 AM, #15
Reply logs, Adgrizn (Guest), 12-Jun-04 02:40 AM, #14
Reply Damned dude..., Caelestis (Guest), 12-Jun-04 01:06 AM, #9
Reply eh, Adgrizn (Guest), 12-Jun-04 02:22 AM, #10
Reply *sigh*, Odrirg (Guest), 12-Jun-04 12:24 AM, #7
Reply I am going to make this simple, Jin roh (Guest), 11-Jun-04 11:27 PM, #5
Reply And lastly, I have never died to Lemath n/t, Jin roh (Guest), 11-Jun-04 11:30 PM, #6
Reply Wow...slow down..., Lemath (Guest), 12-Jun-04 12:44 AM, #8
Reply Jinroh, Adgrizn (Guest), 12-Jun-04 02:13 PM, #12
Reply huh? n/t, Jin roh (Guest), 12-Jun-04 02:51 AM, #16
Reply Hate to call you out on this one buddy, Jemar (Guest), 12-Jun-04 12:03 PM, #19
Reply I was there when all this happened and will vouch 100 p..., Riavi (Guest), 13-Jun-04 06:05 PM, #27
Reply A Point... or two, Hysh (Guest), 14-Jun-04 03:43 AM, #30
Reply Not love for your favorite enemy? :-p, Zavin (Guest), 11-Jun-04 09:59 PM, #4
Reply RE: Not love for your favorite enemy? :-p, adgrizn (Guest), 12-Jun-04 02:25 AM, #11
Reply RE: F... Farewells, Lemath (Guest), 11-Jun-04 09:40 PM, #3
Reply RE: F... Farewells, Adgrizn (Guest), 12-Jun-04 02:32 AM, #13
     Reply RE: F... Farewells, Lemath (Guest), 12-Jun-04 02:07 PM, #22
          Reply RE: F... Farewells, Adgrizn (Guest), 14-Jun-04 06:36 AM, #31
Reply Bahah, Ayik (Guest), 11-Jun-04 04:22 PM, #1
     Reply eh, Adgrizn (Guest), 11-Jun-04 04:43 PM, #2
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27880 Previous topic | Next topic