Subject: "(CON) [BATTLE] Brogg the Weaponsmaster" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17599
Show all folders

Brogg (Guest)Thu 15-May-03 12:07 AM

#17599, "(CON) [BATTLE] Brogg the Weaponsmaster"

Damn. That was really fast and crap. Con dead at 238 hours, my only suggestion to others is not to wait till the last minute to ask for a vitality quest, because -boggle- the Imm might just not be around to hear you. Anyway, Brogg's history was pretty straightforward. I always wanted a Rager character, and despite everyone complaining about the requirements I had no problems getting inducted. Once in Battle, I loved every minute of it, from demolishing things with my fists while regearing to the surprise on invokers' faces when my ineffective cranials were replaced with quite effective pincers, with a few dozen deathblows in between. Brogg was a svirf, specialized in axe and mace, and had Autumn Harvest and Ward of Blades as legacies. The following goodbyes are in no particular order, save the disorder of my mind.

Aidamo: My first Rager interaction, and the closest person Brogg interacted with. It was enjoyable seeing a tender side to the otherwise fearsome Village mindset, and I always enjoyed our talks when our times clashed, just a shame they started to wane towards the end due to my finals.

Findlebisk: God I so wanted you to come around more often. Your unique speech gave me a damn good visualization of how a gnome would act, but when trouble was ahead you played the part of Commander to a T, a shame that your times started to wane during Brogg's rise in the village.

Sayangu: Damnit man you are OLD. I had a lot of respect for you, you exemplified the very traits that a Villager should have, and having fought you with Hvetlin I damn well knew you knew what you were doing.

Wiglaf: You're a damn fine comedian, as for Villager, well, enjoy being Commander. You encompassed everything a berserker should be, including the blind hatred and complete disregard for one's own well-being that I was so fond of demonstrating myself. I swear, when I rolled it didn't occur to me there was another svirf berserker, much less an axe spec too.

Alarin: Another short-lived brother, and another svirf berserker, I remembered the times when Wigga, Waka, Biskit, you and I were all on, and could just imagine all the mages of Thera laughing to themselves wondering what a bunch of little people could do, but I'm sure you taught them all exactly what we could do. You were a good villager, and having fought you as Hvetlin, I had a chance to see you as both friend and enemy.

Drahkul: Even for a giant, you've got a damn big heart. You're a fine villager, keep up the good work.

Ramstin: I considered you the 'fashionable villager,' in that every waking moment aside from raiding and defending was spent getting pretty things to wear, but I sincerely thank you for acting as tour guide to me, I did learn from everything you showed me.

Miradur: My first wife, a defender of the village, I learned, is a rare and precious commodity, and you exemplified that.

Nalwarf: You were quick to become Brogg's second wife, and gave a lot of heart as well as dressings.

Wakachacha: You would make a perfect Imperial, but you really should learn that other people can lead at times too. Always ready to take the lead, your advice and actions were nonetheless accurate and you proved yourself a good Villager with checking my actions. Oh, and for god's sake, do yourself a favor and type 'spec sword' already.

Stampar: A village assassin is priceless, and you're a good asset to Battle.

Zylundak: I don't know much about Thror's religion, but if tough-as-nails hardass is up there, you're doing good. Pushing yourself to the limit has its merits, yes, but well, you can look at the subject line to see where it gets you.

Gieldon: Relax, you'll do fine in the rites, you don't have to rush so much to hero, enjoy your time in the midransk, preferably before mages get throw protection and damage reduction.

Blrindelfrin: You grew up almost as fast as I did. I remember one day raiding for the Scales with you at rank 35 or so and then the next you were in my pk range. Brogg was designed as an invoker-bane, as you and other invokers I've fought can attest to, but having played an Invoker in the past I was disheartened to realize one of them remembered to use grease and web, which are the two most annoying and potentially deathful spells in your arsenal. Except for quicksand. Quicksand is just sickening, but that's not for here. Either way, you're a man of principles and that is always respectable, let's just hope you can teach the other judges to show some courage once in a while, and the power of 'or all rescue.'

Orein: I loved seeing you in my PK list, because unfortunately for you there really wasn't much you could do by yourself to fight me. You showed a lot of heart, and you always seemed to fly off just at the right moment before one of my disembowelments. Well, most of the time.

Kheopia: I really did want to talk to you more about your witching/whoring roots, it wasn't always pincer pincer pincer with me, though some could argue..

Lurginlo/Oblain/Bruk/Talinal/other nameless warrior Tribs: You all did what you had to when you had to. Despite the popular consensus, full looting to me is always the smartest thing to do to a fighter enemy, unfortunately for me I'm a softy. I still feel a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that whether through cabal powers or skill no warriors really gave me any real threat, except for one, which will be discussed later. But not in the Tribunal thread.

Ghuljun: You know how to run, when to run, and when not to, and that is a difficult trait to develop. Hope you enjoyed all the various phylacs I left lying around for you; I could only trophy one corpse every 200 hours or so.

Ulzoth: No guts no glory, eh? Dark-elf necromancer.. you must be a masochist in real life too. I sincerely wish you luck taking on the hordes of..

Asin/Alpa: Both of you put up good fights, but I attest that there isn't much an invoker can do short of full wands and a bit of luck against someone that can lag them regardless of shield.

Jhanderin: Calm, friendly, and collective, you are what I imagine an Acolyte of the Sun to behave, and lead by example.

Khalidan: Hopefully the bad blood between us was settled, since I'm sure you're kicking yourself in that duel of ours. But really, I'll agree with popular consensus and say that there is not much a solo warrior can do against a Rager berserker, except of course for that one that is still unmentioned. And he'll remain so in the Fortress Thread.

I hated you all so damn much, which means one thing: You all did a good job.

Gherian: Still wearing my Dragonscale Mail, I presume? You instilled the fear of God into me, because any time I ran into you, even by surprise or ambush, the best I could do was to hit you for injure, a maul if I'm lucky, and an EVISCERATE deathblow. Fighting you and other invokers, however, taught me a very useful way for warriors to escape quicksand. Well, besides die. I also respected you the most, for willing to fight me and other Villagers solo instead of waiting for backup.

Starkad: You definately have your roleplay down, I enjoyed our conversations.

Dacheal: When two big mouths clash, it isn't pretty. We both stuck to our beliefs, and in the end compromise was reached, you do well enough.

Grumby/Corthy: Great ranking partners, great scouts.

Cassougi the Pissant Kobold Killer: I.. really.. really.. dislike you. You remind me of the tub of mercury in Terminator II, in that you always come back, and you always fight hard. Your legacies are simply unstoppable to Ragers, which you demonstrated over and over. That one fight of ours without my powers showed me just how sickly powerful you really were. I don't think I ever had a bash devastate me, gnome or no gnome. Whatever your role is, killing Ragers has to be in there somewhere, because damned if you're not good at it. You motivated me to master offhanding.

Blidden: 1-8, is it? But who's counting.

Poti: You crack me up, man. A trap === OBLITERATES === you x 3. Poti tells you 'Watch out for the traps.' reply Yeah alright. east. Zzzz...

Kastellyn: Although I really wish I'd taken the time to interact with you some more, I thank you for sticking up for me in several incidents I'm sure you're aware of, and I'll remember next time to ask for a vitality quest when I have more than one death left, because -gasp- you apparently aren't logged on 24/7 as I had imagined and taken for granted. If it's not too much trouble, I'd like an opinion on my character from the all-powerful Lord of Legends, and any advice you can give.

Sabiene: The voice of reason, Biased towards Defenders. The Village mother, as I like to think.

Grogim: Love the accent, love the advice, and having fought you before I enjoyed the contrasts of Grogim the bloated corpse after two rounds at the Nightwalker to Grogim the Avatar, Strategist.

All Immortals: As always, keep up the good work, it's not taken for granted.

I don't have much of a memory, so if I left your name out feel free to reply and I'll respond.

-Brogg Stonecutter. (Stupid lastnames don't get picked)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(CON) [BATTLE] Brogg the Weaponsmaster [View all] , Brogg (Guest), Thu 15-May-03 12:07 AM
Reply RE: (CON) [BATTLE] Brogg the Weaponsmaster, Wiglaf (Guest), 20-May-03 09:06 PM, #26
Reply RE: (CON) [BATTLE] Brogg the Weaponsmaster, Sabiene, 18-May-03 08:42 PM, #25
Reply RE: (CON) [BATTLE] Brogg the Weaponsmaster, Drahkul (Guest), 17-May-03 05:26 PM, #24
Reply I liked your work, Alarin (Guest), 17-May-03 11:14 AM, #23
Reply Brogg the bad ass Svirf., Kalageadon (Guest), 16-May-03 04:11 PM, #22
Reply RE: (CON) [BATTLE] Brogg the Weaponsmaster, Karun (Guest), 15-May-03 10:59 PM, #21
Reply RE: (CON) [BATTLE] Brogg the Weaponsmaster, Kucerael (Guest), 15-May-03 06:08 PM, #20
Reply Hehe, Here's my words too you decided to write some., Gieldon (Guest), 15-May-03 05:43 PM, #19
Reply Didn't know you much but you were one cool mofo. n/t, Gieldon (Guest), 15-May-03 05:38 PM, #18
Reply RE: (CON) [BATTLE] Brogg the Weaponsmaster, Grumby (Guest), 15-May-03 05:00 PM, #17
Reply Little Brogg, Jhanderin (Guest), 15-May-03 02:32 PM, #16
Reply You were always there to fight., Cassougi (Guest), 15-May-03 01:59 PM, #15
Reply Sorry to see you go so soon., Jegrael (Guest), 15-May-03 01:06 PM, #14
Reply Bah, Knipit (Guest), 15-May-03 12:14 PM, #13
Reply RE: (CON) [BATTLE] Brogg the Weaponsmaster, ezrail (Guest), 15-May-03 09:11 AM, #12
Reply Brogg, Oblain (Guest), 15-May-03 09:10 AM, #11
Reply Hah! Don't touch my centurions!, The Sakard (Guest), 15-May-03 07:49 AM, #10
Reply RE: (CON) [BATTLE] Brogg the Weaponsmaster, Kastellyn, 15-May-03 06:37 AM, #9
Reply aw crap an crap an that., GrogIMM (Guest), 15-May-03 05:56 AM, #8
Reply RE: (CON) [BATTLE] Brogg the Weaponsmaster, Gherian (Guest), 15-May-03 05:47 AM, #7
Reply RE: (CON) [BATTLE] Brogg the Weaponsmaster, jhard (Guest), 15-May-03 05:30 AM, #6
Reply Even though we just leveled together.., Khrinsil (Guest), 15-May-03 04:23 AM, #5
Reply Darn it, Rurgkrag (Guest), 15-May-03 03:28 AM, #4
Reply Well done., Blrindelfrin (Guest), 15-May-03 01:20 AM, #3
Reply RE: (CON) [BATTLE] Brogg the Weaponsmaster, Krath (Guest), 15-May-03 12:43 AM, #2
Reply Yeah, it's too bad..., Kheopia (Guest), 15-May-03 12:34 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17599 Previous topic | Next topic