Subject: "(DEL) Alarn Seaclaw, Exile of Scion" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17562
Show all folders

Alarn (Guest)Wed 14-May-03 01:18 AM

#17562, "(DEL) Alarn Seaclaw, Exile of Scion"

Well that was fun for a while. My friend and I had always joked about heroing a felar axe/sword spec, and I finally got the time and inclination to do it.

I started from the bat, sphere deception, and I thought I worked it in well with the character. I got a rager killed by asking him about a hut while Urzkoo was en route to bash him dead. I monopolized on rager applicants thinking I was Alarin, I even sent one to pray to Niryaza for a hut. I spent a month seriously praying, and my first interaction with Niryaza was right at the beginning. She told me to get into Scion, and I did, but I didn't hear from her again for six weeks. We had conflicting playing times.

I joined Scion, but got pissed off when Jhaelryna/Darian would be in Silent Tower during a raid and not defend. I couldn't know where they were beforehand, because they never talked to me anyway. After one time of showing up when no one else did, I stopped defending.

Then I was being chased by an air form sylvan and a warlock, and I asked for help form the 3 scion heroes who were on. None responded, and I died.

That's when I told Jhaelryna to exile me on the spot.

Then I ####ed around, prayed to Niryaza, waited for something to happen. So I started going to silent tower and I tell you, it was the most fun yet most frustrating experience on CF. I'd spend hours in the tower and not die, but I wouldn't learn anything either. I couldn't find the foothold for any of the quests-I guess I'm just not good at that kind of thing.

I thought I had found a foothold by using my head and some tactics to work around a trap, but I came back next reboot and my tactics were impossible. If I hadn't had a healer with me, it would have been a deadly surprise. Even so, it was close.

I lost 6 con in the tower before I decided I was simply not making progress.

Then came the easter egg contest, which I must admit was a low point in my mudding career.

I was helping some evils rank, as I often did, only this time one was my friend OOC. When the easter egg contest came, I tagged along his locates and got some eggs, but he got more. We had it worked out that we had more than twice as many eggs as anyone else and could therefore split them up and both win.

Long after I had given up on Niryaza, she decided to interact with me, suggesting I kill Apla and take all the eggs. I didn't know what to do, I try to keep everything IC when interacting with people I know, but this was a very awkward position. So I told him on AIM what I had to do, and he said, ok, trap me somehow and kill me.

So I thought up the quickest thing I could, which really sucked, and managed to kill an invoker with only elemental weapons on me, as a felar axe/sword spec. I was so ashamed, I felt it was so obviously a set up and that I was a moron and I lost the will for the character.

So I took the prize, a legacy, which I never really used, except on Chassilia right after I got it (she died, silly invoker).

Then Fahnrore bashed me to death with Greeting, and I got full looted. I hadn't died since I left scion, so that sort of sealed it, and I sotpped playing.

Overall my pk ratio hovered around 50% my entire 200 hours. It ended with about 15 kills 15 deaths.

LEGACIES, WEAPON SPECS

Flow of Shadows: Wonderful legacy if you don't have much to do in combat. It's turn on defense.

Hour Past Midnight: It sucks unless it's what gave me 3 round flurry (1 sword wasn't what did it, I tested)

Enigma of the Thirteen: It looks like it has a lot of potential, but I didn't really explore it.

Sword: As worthless as can be expected for a felar. I jabbed a lot. Never got my flurry kill.

Axe: More useful than one might expect. An axe spec is an axe spec, and they hit hard regardless of race. I saw many rows of Demolish/Devastates. Weaponbreaker is invaluable, as is disembowel.

Overall I found it to be best to fight in group vs. group fights, because no one targetted me, ever. It left me free to weaponbreak/disembowel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So few people realized that this character was not about a good combo, but about having fun and being unorthodox. I'd tell people just that, and they'd still ask why I chose my specs, what the hidden power in them was.

For goodbyes, I won't say anything but thanks to Brogg for hearing my story that last time I played.

Oh, and Nepenthe, I hate you in a loving sort of way. Curse your tower!

It's been a while since I've played and I'll forget so many people that if you feel you want to say something, I'll reply to that. I'd be glad to, really, I just can't remember everyone without a little jogging.

I'll post my role and description in a reply. I hope someone takes the time to read them.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Alarn Seaclaw, Exile of Scion [View all] , Alarn (Guest), Wed 14-May-03 01:18 AM
Reply RE: (DEL) Alarn Seaclaw, Exile of Scion, Krath (Guest), 14-May-03 10:36 PM, #16
Reply RE: (DEL) Alarn Seaclaw, Exile of Scion, Alarn (Guest), 14-May-03 11:01 PM, #17
Reply Yar! Don't forget to switch the patch to the other eye...., Sylvrin (Guest), 14-May-03 01:14 PM, #7
Reply Ah ha!, Alarn (Guest), 14-May-03 03:40 PM, #13
Reply Yargh! You dirty pirate!, Kucerael (Guest), 14-May-03 12:17 PM, #6
Reply Well..., Alarn (Guest), 14-May-03 03:39 PM, #11
     Reply Regarding Aenail, Kucerael (Guest), 14-May-03 09:37 PM, #15
Reply RE: (DEL) Alarn Seaclaw, Exile of Scion, nepenthe, 14-May-03 10:40 AM, #5
Reply Arrrgh Nepenthe!, Alarn (Guest), 14-May-03 03:39 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Arrrgh Nepenthe!, nepenthe, 14-May-03 04:07 PM, #14
     Reply I'm that arial warrior your talking about.., Tardern (Guest), 15-May-03 12:29 AM, #18
     Reply RE: Arrrgh Nepenthe!, Valguarnera, 15-May-03 04:35 AM, #19
Reply Heh, Sakard, 14-May-03 10:08 AM, #4
Reply If only you knew..., Alarn (Guest), 14-May-03 03:29 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Alarn Seaclaw, Exile of Scion, Zepachu, 14-May-03 09:11 AM, #3
Reply Thanks for all your help, Alarn (Guest), 14-May-03 03:27 PM, #9
Reply RE: (DEL) Alarn Seaclaw, Exile of Scion, Zargu, 14-May-03 02:58 AM, #2
Reply That's good to hear..., Alarn (Guest), 14-May-03 03:26 PM, #8
Reply Role, desc., Alarn (Guest), 14-May-03 01:20 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17562 Previous topic | Next topic