Subject: "You seemed to be doing pretty good there for a while." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15944
Show all folders

XaannixMon 03-Mar-03 02:52 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#15951, "You seemed to be doing pretty good there for a while."

If i was you i would have been a lot more careful. Thats the thing with liches and AP's. People hate being called pansies so they go and fight whoever. While back people bitched about me ganking everyone in my range, to get gear. Thieves were not really meant for solo killing everyone, but in groups they can be deadly, especially a permalagging thief, since he can hide and not take the blunt of the attack. For liches and aps you gotta be really careful and pick people off until you can get enough charges to charge into battle and just rip people up or enough damredux as a lich to not give a damn.

A lot of people fail to realize that when you fight groups, as a group, it wont save you. They simply all target you at the same time and you go down easy. Early on i would just gank solo people until i was powerful enough. Let them call you a coward, it doesnt really matter. Typically groups target the most dangerous/vulnerable member of the enemy group first. Take him out of battle/kill him/knock him out etc first. You gotta be patient, thats the key to building up a power char, imho.

As an example, when all the marans where running around without an invoker, them being wanted, you chose to go in a group and hunt them outside of town. You knew they would come for you in town if they knew you were there. I woulda waited with a gang and special guards of Futaleufu in a locked room and summoned in there the most powerful of their group, Yaofhil maybe? He cant word or run. IT doesnt matter if they have another summoner, he cant summon any of you once combat starts. Once youve eliminated one or two of their group, then you go hunt the rest outside.

It seems lately that the demise of potentially good AP's and Liches comes from getting overconfident and rushing into battles head first, trying the get charges/phylacteries quick. 23 charges is nice but not enough to give you a good edge. You just have too much to lose especially after you got a 20+ charges on that axe, so let them call you whatever. If you have to go in a group vs group fight, make sure you use all avaiable protections and not just relying on the healer. Shield/aura/stone skin/haste/protection/sanc/frenzy/resist from bard/enlarge/fly/passdoor/resist mental/resist heat/cold/ etc. If the healer gets lagged/damaged he wont hesitate to save himself over you.
I know its a pain to do all that before a fight but its well worth it when you have to face hero chars who know what they are doing. So until youre powerful enough, bide your time and be a coward when you think you have less than a 75% chance of winning and less than 95% chance of getting away. Better safe than sorry with chars like that.

Cheers and good luck on next

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 02-Mar-03 07:15 PM
Reply replies to many, flames, and some goodby's, Syrentil (Guest), 03-Mar-03 07:47 PM, #16
Reply I liked you..., Eluna (Guest), 03-Mar-03 10:37 PM, #22
Reply I remember that, syrentil (Guest), 03-Mar-03 10:59 PM, #23
     Reply Yeah I did, Eluna (Guest), 04-Mar-03 09:31 AM, #25
Reply Hmmm, Syithar (Guest), 04-Mar-03 04:43 AM, #24
Reply A reply to your bs, Alarin (Guest), 04-Mar-03 03:11 PM, #26
     Reply Another correction, Elik really (Guest), 09-Mar-03 06:57 PM, #28
Reply You seemed to be doing pretty good there for a while., Xaannix, 03-Mar-03 02:52 PM #14
Reply *claps*, Ha! (Guest), 03-Mar-03 05:50 PM, #15
Reply a reply, syrentil (Guest), 03-Mar-03 07:55 PM, #17
Reply Might as well post my thoughts then., Maasotin (Guest), 03-Mar-03 01:25 PM, #13
Reply a thing such as rp, syrentil (Guest), 03-Mar-03 07:56 PM, #18
Reply RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death, Xandrya, 03-Mar-03 09:37 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death, Thornarcrull (Guest), 03-Mar-03 10:11 AM, #11
Reply sad thing..., Nurwon, 03-Mar-03 11:22 AM, #12
Reply heh, syrentil (Guest), 03-Mar-03 08:02 PM, #19
Reply RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death, Thornarcrull (Guest), 03-Mar-03 08:25 AM, #8
Reply ?, syrentil (Guest), 03-Mar-03 08:05 PM, #20
Reply RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death, ORB, 03-Mar-03 07:22 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death, Konrad (Guest), 03-Mar-03 03:22 AM, #6
Reply for this, syrentil (Guest), 03-Mar-03 08:18 PM, #21
     Reply RE: for this, Konrad (Guest), 04-Mar-03 09:06 PM, #27
Reply Why?!!, Narissa (Guest), 02-Mar-03 08:19 PM, #5
Reply RE: Why?!!, Karnif (Guest), 03-Mar-03 08:57 AM, #9
Reply RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death, Kucerael (Guest), 02-Mar-03 08:04 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death, Zekasiq (Guest), 02-Mar-03 07:48 PM, #3
Reply ..., Karnif (Guest), 02-Mar-03 07:37 PM, #2
Reply Oh no!!!!, Salad (Guest), 02-Mar-03 07:35 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15944 Previous topic | Next topic