Subject: "(DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15944
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 02-Mar-03 07:15 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2024
16815 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15944, "(DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death"

Sun Mar 2 19:14:17 2003

6 o''clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Battle on the Theran calendar Syrentil perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:anti-paladin
Level:46
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:186
PK Ratio:67% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply replies to many, flames, and some goodby's, Syrentil (Guest), 03-Mar-03 07:47 PM, #16
Reply I liked you..., Eluna (Guest), 03-Mar-03 10:37 PM, #22
Reply I remember that, syrentil (Guest), 03-Mar-03 10:59 PM, #23
     Reply Yeah I did, Eluna (Guest), 04-Mar-03 09:31 AM, #25
Reply Hmmm, Syithar (Guest), 04-Mar-03 04:43 AM, #24
Reply A reply to your bs, Alarin (Guest), 04-Mar-03 03:11 PM, #26
     Reply Another correction, Elik really (Guest), 09-Mar-03 06:57 PM, #28
Reply You seemed to be doing pretty good there for a while., Xaannix, 03-Mar-03 02:52 PM, #14
Reply *claps*, Ha! (Guest), 03-Mar-03 05:50 PM, #15
Reply a reply, syrentil (Guest), 03-Mar-03 07:55 PM, #17
Reply Might as well post my thoughts then., Maasotin (Guest), 03-Mar-03 01:25 PM, #13
Reply a thing such as rp, syrentil (Guest), 03-Mar-03 07:56 PM, #18
Reply RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death, Xandrya, 03-Mar-03 09:37 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death, Thornarcrull (Guest), 03-Mar-03 10:11 AM, #11
Reply sad thing..., Nurwon, 03-Mar-03 11:22 AM, #12
Reply heh, syrentil (Guest), 03-Mar-03 08:02 PM, #19
Reply RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death, Thornarcrull (Guest), 03-Mar-03 08:25 AM, #8
Reply ?, syrentil (Guest), 03-Mar-03 08:05 PM, #20
Reply RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death, ORB, 03-Mar-03 07:22 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death, Konrad (Guest), 03-Mar-03 03:22 AM, #6
Reply for this, syrentil (Guest), 03-Mar-03 08:18 PM, #21
     Reply RE: for this, Konrad (Guest), 04-Mar-03 09:06 PM, #27
Reply Why?!!, Narissa (Guest), 02-Mar-03 08:19 PM, #5
Reply RE: Why?!!, Karnif (Guest), 03-Mar-03 08:57 AM, #9
Reply RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death, Kucerael (Guest), 02-Mar-03 08:04 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death, Zekasiq (Guest), 02-Mar-03 07:48 PM, #3
Reply ..., Karnif (Guest), 02-Mar-03 07:37 PM, #2
Reply Oh no!!!!, Salad (Guest), 02-Mar-03 07:35 PM, #1

Syrentil (Guest)Mon 03-Mar-03 07:47 PM

#15945, "replies to many, flames, and some goodby's"
In response to Reply #0

First and foremost, before lvl 36, I have seven pkills, none of them were gangs, just me against the other.
I had 9 pk deaths, all to gangs, either by villagers/lightwalkers/or warders or others.
Every time I hear a villager speaking of honor, I call them down, its one thing to bitch and complain about wanting honorable fights, but you go and gang people. I call you stupid idiots, all of you, and to go find a dictionary to learn a few things, or go to school if your skipping it like a bad little boy.
There was a time I had fought Rhiral for a little bit, was plagued and blind and teleported, alarin ganged me with two others after I had teleported, during this time I was alone, and had a goblin shield/sword/and leggings. Later I killed him often, or attacked him often. So quit your bitchin, if you want honor to you, I strongly suggest you do the same.

As for others, such as Maasotin, as to why I stayed evil for so long, since lvl 15 or such I had wished to be neutral, but again like I said on my goodby's on dioxides nothing ever happened.
I dont think I can tell you how aggrivating that was.

And for the rest of you, this isnt just a pk mud, its an RP intence mud, where your actions DO mean something. If your actions get you killed in ways you dont like, its probably because you were doing it as well.

to the people who bitched and complained about looting, my dex was a consistant 7 or so, and usually had to remove eq just to eat, how much do you think I looted? I had thought it even more funny when Yurtag looted two villagers' things after all three of them died and they blamed me

To yaofhil, I do remember you saying some stupid stuff, reguarding repenting my dark ways. Uhh.. protecting innocent people, building a place where people wont starve and such, building new cities where woods are now to house the homeless.. you wanted me to repent from?
You wondered why I called you stupid and an idiot and others?

Look guys, there are muds out there that are happy muds, where you can sit there and talk and do nothing but that, not expect to rp or pk, then there are muds like Carrionfields. If you cant handle this place, go somewhere like a happymud.

Eluna (Guest)Mon 03-Mar-03 10:37 PM

#15948, "I liked you..."
In response to Reply #16

Whenever I saw you on I went looking for you, the only time I actually managed to catch you outside your guild as in the Eternal Star after chasing you around in there getting all nice and bloodied. I had you at gushing and you worded, I tried to look for you but no luck. After I went back to rest in the Inn, I found out that I caused a bit too much trouble and wasn't welcomed anymore. Thanks for the fun. =)

syrentil (Guest)Mon 03-Mar-03 10:59 PM

#15949, "I remember that"
In response to Reply #22

thing is you had a paladin helping you out
heh, the same paladin that wouldnt even say a word after I offered peace and the like. *shrug*

Eluna (Guest)Tue 04-Mar-03 09:31 AM

#15950, "Yeah I did"
In response to Reply #23

I may have had him helping me but I told him not to strike at you. I didn't think it would be fair, so I got him to heal me because it would be the guards that would do most of the damage.

Syithar (Guest)Tue 04-Mar-03 04:43 AM

#15947, "Hmmm"
In response to Reply #16

Fought you some, first I tried to do it alone but when you had your two good axes my big hope was pretty much kotegashi away one of them or flee fast as hell.

So I usually avoided you are tried to follow you around when you ranked.

Then at higher ranks you usually walked with other people and then it was even harder to even try to fight so I usually avoided you(I dont look down on you for that, I know many wanted to gang you.)

Died once to you and a group, two failed vanishes in a closer room. You have no idea how irritating that was, especially as I was led there by another and if I had been alone I would probably have waited you out.

And the only "gang" I've been apart of was the attempt by my ranking group on your ranking group in aridhol, and that was a three on three.

Anyway, well done. Only character I actually feared some..

Alarin (Guest)Tue 04-Mar-03 03:11 PM

#15946, "A reply to your bs"
In response to Reply #16

There was a time I had fought Rhiral for a little bit, was plagued and blind and teleported, alarin ganged me with two others after I had teleported, during this time I was alone, and had a goblin shield/sword/and leggings. Later I killed him often, or attacked him often. So quit your bitchin, if you want honor to you, I strongly suggest you do the same.

Now, I wish I had logged this. Its funny that you would lie like this. Yes, you may have been plagued, and such, I had no idea of that. I saw you there, I walked in backstabbed and you died the next round. Only after that did I see that you had been plagued. In fact, I left all of your things, and you just whined about me ganging you. THere was no one else, it was just me, my dagger, in your back, killing you fast. Now, there were plenty of times when all you did was come after me with another. Don't try to act like you didn't do anything that should have you hate you. You were "NEVER" alone. I thought your charcter was fine thoguh, for who you were, but I Thought you were weak ic. If was you, I would have done the same thing, now, get your facts straight about your death to me in TV.

Alarin

Elik really (Guest)Sun 09-Mar-03 06:57 PM

#16159, "Another correction"
In response to Reply #26

I killed you solo before 36. And dont go saying that a conjurer and his servies are a gang.

XaannixMon 03-Mar-03 02:52 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#15951, "You seemed to be doing pretty good there for a while."
In response to Reply #0

If i was you i would have been a lot more careful. Thats the thing with liches and AP's. People hate being called pansies so they go and fight whoever. While back people bitched about me ganking everyone in my range, to get gear. Thieves were not really meant for solo killing everyone, but in groups they can be deadly, especially a permalagging thief, since he can hide and not take the blunt of the attack. For liches and aps you gotta be really careful and pick people off until you can get enough charges to charge into battle and just rip people up or enough damredux as a lich to not give a damn.

A lot of people fail to realize that when you fight groups, as a group, it wont save you. They simply all target you at the same time and you go down easy. Early on i would just gank solo people until i was powerful enough. Let them call you a coward, it doesnt really matter. Typically groups target the most dangerous/vulnerable member of the enemy group first. Take him out of battle/kill him/knock him out etc first. You gotta be patient, thats the key to building up a power char, imho.

As an example, when all the marans where running around without an invoker, them being wanted, you chose to go in a group and hunt them outside of town. You knew they would come for you in town if they knew you were there. I woulda waited with a gang and special guards of Futaleufu in a locked room and summoned in there the most powerful of their group, Yaofhil maybe? He cant word or run. IT doesnt matter if they have another summoner, he cant summon any of you once combat starts. Once youve eliminated one or two of their group, then you go hunt the rest outside.

It seems lately that the demise of potentially good AP's and Liches comes from getting overconfident and rushing into battles head first, trying the get charges/phylacteries quick. 23 charges is nice but not enough to give you a good edge. You just have too much to lose especially after you got a 20+ charges on that axe, so let them call you whatever. If you have to go in a group vs group fight, make sure you use all avaiable protections and not just relying on the healer. Shield/aura/stone skin/haste/protection/sanc/frenzy/resist from bard/enlarge/fly/passdoor/resist mental/resist heat/cold/ etc. If the healer gets lagged/damaged he wont hesitate to save himself over you.
I know its a pain to do all that before a fight but its well worth it when you have to face hero chars who know what they are doing. So until youre powerful enough, bide your time and be a coward when you think you have less than a 75% chance of winning and less than 95% chance of getting away. Better safe than sorry with chars like that.

Cheers and good luck on next

Ha! (Guest)Mon 03-Mar-03 05:50 PM

#15953, "*claps*"
In response to Reply #14

Reading the rants against this player, I really feel bad for these people who take it so seriously. As you have said, anti-paladins are supreme when it comes to ganking. Anyone with summon is.

Some players like to delete when they die. *shrug* How does this bother you? Seek help please.

There is nothing wrong with ganking, sorry.

syrentil (Guest)Mon 03-Mar-03 07:55 PM

#15952, "a reply"
In response to Reply #14

as an ap, there are only a few barrier wands I can get alone, and each time trying to get them, they werent there, I know of nine total for barrier.

PS, I have been around CF long before istendil was Emporer of Thera, you dont need to preach to a preacher.

#####, I remember grc (the great rumpus cat) bragging about being there killing him at the grove, and I was the tiger with him during that raid

whatever happened to GRC?

and two, later in life yes, I ganged like a bitch, but hey, did anyone EVER try to fight me one on one? it was an extreme rarity. Oh, and Keovraib, I fought you on eastern alone, and you ran, when Syithar logged on and I headed to the village, it was me against you both, yeah, go ahead, try saying that at the massive giant is a place where honorable fighting is, try it. I know syithar would have aided you, so I spoke with Thornarcrull and he came. Two villagers against one with a healer, esentially two for my side, I have sanc, you have resist, I have healing, you have healing and deathblow, if you cant take it, shut up.

Maasotin (Guest)Mon 03-Mar-03 01:25 PM

#15954, "Might as well post my thoughts then."
In response to Reply #0

I have no idea what that rp was about but it sure made you look like a fool. You're playing a low int duergar, sure, but come on... a duergar AP isn't exactly the easiest to sway away from bringing death upon near everyone. I'm very surprised you kept your evil align after some things you were saying too. As far as I was concerned, you were dead as soon as I saw you away from a few others you always seemed to be around.

syrentil (Guest)Mon 03-Mar-03 07:56 PM

#15955, "a thing such as rp"
In response to Reply #13

try finding out why he said those things, you know in character syrentil said a shitload of things that you could have found out as to why.. but then again, why would I expect rp? As for the rest, there was a responce for you in my post above

XandryaMon 03-Mar-03 09:37 AM
35 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15956, "RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death"
In response to Reply #0

Well I'm beginning to think maybe I deleted at a good time, after all, as another one of Xandrya's friends bites the dust. It was fun playing with Syrentil and all our talks about various things. Despite what others have said here, I think your rp was quite good. We did a little ranking together I think, but most of our interaction was roleplay. I didn't know whether to trust you at first, because Xandrya was very wary of duergars since so many of them had tried to kill her. We had some good talks though and I knew after that that I could trust you.

I hope your next one is fun for you.

Thornarcrull (Guest)Mon 03-Mar-03 10:11 AM

#15959, "RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death"
In response to Reply #10

Or, perhaps, he would stay if you would stayed? Looks at sylvans and rager mass deletions. One deleted, and the rest follows. Permagrouping? I don't think so.

NurwonMon 03-Mar-03 11:22 AM
0 posts
#15958, "sad thing..."
In response to Reply #10

if you didn't delete and still hung around with him and the rest of empire I woulda probably ended up fighting you . wouldn't that have been fun

~Nurwon Du'Roth aka hopeless Quiddie

syrentil (Guest)Mon 03-Mar-03 08:02 PM

#15957, "heh"
In response to Reply #10

loved your char Xan, and at least I am glad you thought of my char in a good way I tried to do alot of things with this char, but most of it involved rp from others, the only thing is, rp isnt something many people do, I had thought of that, but the saddest thing, is it only needed a spark to get rolling, the spark never came after nearly 200 hours. oh well.

Thornarcrull (Guest)Mon 03-Mar-03 08:25 AM

#15960, "RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death"
In response to Reply #0

We had fun. Really, we did. 23 charges... I can understand such loss. But damnit, we are playing not only to kill (or we are?). You played a very nice evil character. I'm sorry that I couldn't show much last time, I have some business going on in my real life. Damnit. Before delete, you could at least speak to me.

Good luck with the next, and, I hope, you won't show weakness via joining easy light side! ;P

syrentil (Guest)Mon 03-Mar-03 08:05 PM

#15961, "?"
In response to Reply #8

killing was only a necessity to Syrentil, you of all people should have known that. And it was thirty one charges at the last.
I posted a goodby for you on the char board at Dioxides.
I had those questions of control unholy blessing, because my last ap had his first control at 6 kills.. but that was when it was first put in, either a bug or whatever, but it was ghostly flame too oh well.

ORBMon 03-Mar-03 07:22 AM
993 posts
#15962, "RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death"
In response to Reply #0

Couldn't take your own medicine? I thought we had the next Tikar on our hands. That's the problem with too many players, they can be a ruthless prick to everyone with their pet healers/invokers but get all upset and delete like a baby when they get slapped around. Good riddance

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

Konrad (Guest)Mon 03-Mar-03 03:22 AM

#15972, "RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death"
In response to Reply #0

What was with your love of Darmok? I thought at first you were his player looking for some love...

syrentil (Guest)Mon 03-Mar-03 08:18 PM

#15973, "for this"
In response to Reply #6

though you could have found out by RPing with him, just so you know *poke* Darmok was Empirial, and the first, and syrentil was looking to learn more of it, and no, I wasnt darmok's char, I got to speak with darmok 1 time before he deleted.

Konrad (Guest)Tue 04-Mar-03 09:06 PM

#16068, "RE: for this"
In response to Reply #21

>though you could have found out by RPing with him, just so
>you know *poke* Darmok was Empirial, and the first, and
>syrentil was looking to learn more of it, and no, I wasnt
>darmok's char, I got to speak with darmok 1 time before he
>deleted.

I know Darmok was _I_mperial, I wondered why you kept badgering Konrad like Darmok was the best thing on the face of the planet.

You approached Konrad like you knew EVERYTHING so you were hardly looking to learn more of it. In fact you stated you wanted to teach me.

Narissa (Guest)Sun 02-Mar-03 08:19 PM

#15974, "Why?!!"
In response to Reply #0

I was hoping to see another hero AP, you've been playing well. Darn. I wonder if I'll ever see my character again. I keep playing thru' why you deleted. You are really doing very fine. I guess an AP without sanc or abs will be dead considering the hero Marans and Sylvan up there. Well played.

Narissa, still in limbo, awaiting judgement.

Karnif (Guest)Mon 03-Mar-03 08:57 AM

#15975, "RE: Why?!!"
In response to Reply #5

Last night 10 evils were enjoying themselves in the tower. Yaofhil came, ran into the bunch, yelled something dwarvish and stayed on foot for I'm sure it was 20 seconds. Later he claimed to have taken a piss on their boots. still, it means that there is no defined underdog anymore.

Kucerael (Guest)Sun 02-Mar-03 08:04 PM

#15976, "RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death"
In response to Reply #0

Well, it was a funn short while I knew you. I suppose I saw you in some of your last hours. I enjoyed our trip. You were definately well-played, and it was unusual to find a polite and what-appeared-to-be trustworthy duergar. Boo hoo

Zekasiq (Guest)Sun 02-Mar-03 07:48 PM

#15977, "RE: (DEL) Syrentil the Harbinger of Death"
In response to Reply #0

What is there really to say...

From when we first met and had our confrontation regarding the dagger, all the way up until those last moments when I tried to talk you out of 'returning to the Underdark',... I always had a good time around you.

I enjoyed all of our times together, killing, surviving, gathering equipment, whatever it might have been. I don't even need to mention any, you know what I talk about.

You are a well-played character and a good RPer. I stopped trying to get you to stay when I saw that it just wasn't fun for you anymore. You lost heart in the character, and that's when you know it's time to leave.

Well there's not a whole lot to say... Good job. Very good job. Lots of luck with your next.

Zekasiq.

Karnif (Guest)Sun 02-Mar-03 07:37 PM

#15978, "..."
In response to Reply #0

It is sad to see you go. I don't know if I should point out the obvious, that I enjoyed our talks and that paladins and sylvans constantly ganging and full-looting you is acceptable of the light. You did have several good points in your reasoning, but as Karnif I could not accept it. Magic is a tool, it's how you use it that matters, unless you do any demonic thing or touch the negative planes or possibly summon beeings from hell, the abyss or that choatic place where the nightgaunts come from - so goes the warlock standard issue reasoning and it was what I had to use. Karnif however thinks highly of elves and your dislike for them was not apprechiated.

I guess I could keep on writing, but I won't elaborate futher as I still do play.

You are an excellent player, but you did pick the most difficult of tasks. My hat is off to you.

ps. I know I would've won a fight against you . ds

Salad (Guest)Sun 02-Mar-03 07:35 PM

#15979, "Oh no!!!!"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry, I totally apologize for letting you slip through the cracks here. I watched, but havent been around alot lately. For anyone considering a salad follower, I'll be away for the next few weeks. Sorry, but it's gonna be hard to find me until my life normalizes a little. Most notably I'm moving, so nothing till after the move. Anyway all this aside. This character was interesting. The role intrigued me, and I wanted to see how it all played out. That being said. No, it wasnt the role I would have taken with a sald follower, but that's what made it nifty in it's own right. The stretch ahead would have been hard, but it would have been worth it.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15944 Previous topic | Next topic