Subject: "How a veteran just got more and more bitter..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #115165
Show all folders

TorakMon 03-Jun-13 08:29 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115166, "How a veteran just got more and more bitter..."

So, where to start.

I wanted to age-death my first AP and I was pretty much on task with that - I had survived losing over 80 charges over time (three weapons of 25+), I still had near max con (21 I think at the end) and despite becoming anathema (we'll get to that), I was going to tough it out.

Now why would I have to "tough it out" - I was Dreadlord, I had lightning control and nearing acid, I was doing fine right?

Not really - see I was sphere Knowledge and had planned to chat with Zulghinlour... we know how that went. Then I had one conversation with a guildmaster which basically said "Kill Ekaerok", who was borderline broken in every way (sorry, but I've got log after log of them 2-3 rounding me in combat with every known prep and best gear in-slot, plus when I did get him slept once I couldn't land a single blind or curse out of 500 mana) and I rarely hunted with people so that was not gonna happen (I was trying for over 100 hours with no luck)....but then I never heard back from the Immortal ever again despite praying almost daily for a month... then after the whole incident with Kraldinor, I try to reach out to the remaining two Immortals from Empire: Enlilth and Dacagais. Enlilth emails me back saying basically they're done with CF (great, another amazing Immortal gone because in his own words "it's nothing but #### and drama") and I have to leave it all to Dacagais - a dormant Immortal who already broke the mortal rules once and appointed Kraldinor emperor instead of holding a vote. Yeah, great chances there he stands against Rayihn's follower... my response was a note (at least have the guts to meet me in-game) and basically said "#### off, if you bug me again, I'll kill you".

So there I am, kinda directionless - despite every attempt to find an Immortal patron to involve themselves through a generic guildmaster or directly, I had nothing to do. Can't become Tribunal because I became criminal defending myself in town (which is ok in Imperial Law), not gonna be going Chasm, Scarab would probably eat my soul, and I haven't received immexp since I was about level 20 despite several role updates (which mysteriously sat just short of being able to go to Silent Tower, go figure). I didn't have the greatest RP at points but I thought my role was solid and I played the char as I best could...losing weapons and being a felar is massive stress. So I stick it out, thinking that if Kraldinor dies I'll get back in because half if not most of the Empire wasn't even hunting me and refused to despite the dormant Immortal telling me to get bent.

Then the most blatant OOC crap was pulled I've seen with Noviask. It's a current character so I'm not going to slam them into the ground like they deserve, but needless to say I die in a fight with a criminal as I've been helping Tribunal try to fight them. The villager and two other tribunals don't loot... hell most people didn't across my life. Greyjjyan and Ieralaine were the exceptions, everyone else played nice... but low and behold this no name hero who hasn't been around at all, beelines for my corpse and immediately sacrifices my weapon. It's so blatantly obvious that someone told them I died, and they knew exactly what my weapon was, and they wanted to do just that. Sure they gave some RP reason, of course - just enough to not get some Immortal involved or get them kicked from their cabal but it was so despicable I was kinda on burnout mode. It's also the same player I've known for years to play the same role, same class, and same gear whoring strategy as always....bleh.

Then I got made wanted for bashing an eye of the flame maran who was hit by something right before then so he didn't auto attack me...and it went downhill from there.

I'm not angry at Kraldinor, they made a smart choice going Rayihn. I am angry at getting anathema, I'll post the log so you can see what happened. I do feel like it was an excuse to push me down and secure an entire Lotus council (which you quickly changed after I left). I've got my little beef with Rayhin but it's starting to change (she treated me well in the ROTD when I asked what to do about no one answering me for weeks and does a lot to keep this game alive)... but I do have beef with the fact that it's so skewed. There's a reason over half the cabal at one point was Lotus followers - you get nice stuff and an active immortal who cares about interaction. Even people who weren't followers were spending time in the Bathhouse to interact. The amount of those active Immortals....is basically dwindled to maybe 2 or 3? And how many of them are evil? (Sacer's awesomeness aside, he seems busy with coding/etc) Enlilth and Zulghinlour are gone, Dacagais is dormant and here I am trying to fight the coming wave of "Order of the Lotus"...

Oh well, I hope I made the game enjoyable for some people. Even though Daevryn said long ago felar APs are the most awesome, I think now with edges they're finally a contender - but damn I would have gone Chasm (keep it alive Grezoosh, if you delete a role contest felar AP scion you will sadly disappoint us). I don't think another "Cabdru" or powerhouse will be possible for awhile, getting charges is such a pain with low amounts of people and how some builds are just insane (aka Ekaerok) - maybe this new "super AP" will change that. I am also really REALLY envious of the folks in Amaranthe's ordeal - I've talked with a few and seen the detail that went into this and holy ####, every Immortal needs to take a queue from this because it might actually breathe life back in this game. We had 51 people on this last weekend! I should have signed up but I thought Noviask would have been my focus (I'm a one char kinda guy).

Anyways, I'll be back as something sometime...not sure what. I think this may have been my most successful AP yet (just because I didn't delete despite losing weapon after weapon, crappy wands, etc) - definitely not from an RP standpoint though and I knew that about halfway through. It had became a choir to just spam spells/skills/etc... I need a RP char next.

Oh well, peace
-Noviask aka Torak

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(RAGE DELETE) [None] Noviask Djhuaro the Defiant Regici... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 03-Jun-13 07:48 PM
Reply Well that answers that..., Torak, 07-Jun-13 08:35 PM, #25
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Noviask Djhuaro the Defiant Re..., Toktok (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 06:07 PM, #18
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Noviask Djhuaro the Defiant Re..., etion (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 05:53 PM, #17
Reply By the way..., Torak, 04-Jun-13 02:49 PM, #15
Reply You were fun, Nyst (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 08:30 AM, #9
Reply Ugh, Torak, 04-Jun-13 02:24 PM, #14
Reply How a veteran just got more and more bitter..., Torak, 03-Jun-13 08:29 PM #1
     Reply You were a cool guy, Beer, 03-Jun-13 08:41 PM, #2
     Reply Hey now..., Torak, 03-Jun-13 08:45 PM, #3
     Reply RE: How a veteran just got more and more bitter..., Daevryn, 03-Jun-13 08:58 PM, #4
     Reply Oh I knew what I was doing, Torak, 03-Jun-13 09:03 PM, #5
          Reply Kind of makes sense.., Eidiol (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 02:51 AM, #8
               Reply RE: Kind of makes sense.., Torak, 04-Jun-13 12:12 PM, #11
               Reply Sleep/vault, Eidiol (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 02:06 PM, #13
               Reply The couple times I grouped with him he definitely tanke..., Nalavi (Anonymous), 07-Jun-13 02:16 AM, #24
     Reply You had balls.., Pishuk (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 12:55 AM, #6
     Reply Noviask was probably my Favorite Imperial......, Kraldinor (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 02:13 AM, #7
     Reply You did what you had to..., Torak, 04-Jun-13 12:54 PM, #12
          Reply RE: You did what you had to..., Daevryn, 04-Jun-13 07:53 PM, #21
               Reply That's weird...., N b M, 04-Jun-13 09:29 PM, #22
               Reply Enlilth, Ysal, Eshval, Innis =P, please bring bash esh...., Voralian (NOT Krilcov), 05-Jun-13 03:50 AM, #23
     Reply You should have stuck around a little, Aeede (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 11:04 AM, #10
     Reply Thanks for the advice, Drortcbel (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 04:58 PM, #16
     Reply Where to start, incognito, 04-Jun-13 06:51 PM, #19
          Reply Only because..., Torak, 04-Jun-13 07:40 PM, #20
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #115165 Previous topic | Next topic