Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Noviask Djhuaro the Defiant Regici..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #115165
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 03-Jun-13 07:48 PM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115165, "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Noviask Djhuaro the Defiant Regicide, Anathema to the Empire"

Mon Jun 3 17:44:26 2013

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Noviask perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:anti-paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:257

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well that answers that..., Torak, 07-Jun-13 08:35 PM, #25
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Noviask Djhuaro the Defiant Re..., Toktok (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 06:07 PM, #18
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Noviask Djhuaro the Defiant Re..., etion (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 05:53 PM, #17
Reply By the way..., Torak, 04-Jun-13 02:49 PM, #15
Reply You were fun, Nyst (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 08:30 AM, #9
Reply Ugh, Torak, 04-Jun-13 02:24 PM, #14
Reply How a veteran just got more and more bitter..., Torak, 03-Jun-13 08:29 PM, #1
     Reply You were a cool guy, Beer, 03-Jun-13 08:41 PM, #2
     Reply Hey now..., Torak, 03-Jun-13 08:45 PM, #3
     Reply RE: How a veteran just got more and more bitter..., Daevryn, 03-Jun-13 08:58 PM, #4
     Reply Oh I knew what I was doing, Torak, 03-Jun-13 09:03 PM, #5
          Reply Kind of makes sense.., Eidiol (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 02:51 AM, #8
               Reply RE: Kind of makes sense.., Torak, 04-Jun-13 12:12 PM, #11
               Reply Sleep/vault, Eidiol (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 02:06 PM, #13
               Reply The couple times I grouped with him he definitely tanke..., Nalavi (Anonymous), 07-Jun-13 02:16 AM, #24
     Reply You had balls.., Pishuk (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 12:55 AM, #6
     Reply Noviask was probably my Favorite Imperial......, Kraldinor (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 02:13 AM, #7
     Reply You did what you had to..., Torak, 04-Jun-13 12:54 PM, #12
          Reply RE: You did what you had to..., Daevryn, 04-Jun-13 07:53 PM, #21
               Reply That's weird...., N b M, 04-Jun-13 09:29 PM, #22
               Reply Enlilth, Ysal, Eshval, Innis =P, please bring bash esh...., Voralian (NOT Krilcov), 05-Jun-13 03:50 AM, #23
     Reply You should have stuck around a little, Aeede (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 11:04 AM, #10
     Reply Thanks for the advice, Drortcbel (Anonymous), 04-Jun-13 04:58 PM, #16
     Reply Where to start, incognito, 04-Jun-13 06:51 PM, #19
          Reply Only because..., Torak, 04-Jun-13 07:40 PM, #20

TorakFri 07-Jun-13 08:35 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115299, "Well that answers that..."
In response to Reply #0

Thu Apr 25 19:57:50 2013 by 'Enlilth' at level 46 (150 hrs):
Well I tried to arrrpee as hamsah guildmaster with the dude, but outty kept smacking him around. Told I bored of his impotence, and to kill Ekaerok.

No wonder I heard nothing for over a month since he left...

Toktok (Anonymous)Tue 04-Jun-13 06:07 PM
Charter member
#115199, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Noviask Djhuaro the Defiant Re..."
In response to Reply #0

I liked the few interactions we had and the rp. The last fight was the diffrence netween a heal and a lost concentration... Damn you RNG! Oh well I enjoyed it.

etion (Anonymous)Tue 04-Jun-13 05:53 PM
Charter member
#115197, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Noviask Djhuaro the Defiant Re..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for the rp and interactions. Good luck with your next.

TorakTue 04-Jun-13 02:49 PM
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115190, "By the way..."
In response to Reply #0

....I take huge credit for the awesome role subject names

I purchased the PBF so hopefully someone out there is a fan to realize what I did...

Nyst (Anonymous)Tue 04-Jun-13 08:30 AM
Charter member
#115177, "You were fun"
In response to Reply #0

Two incidents come to mind:

You & that thief retrieving from battle, me ambushing you both but
forgetting to quaff flight, then you both proceed to lag me for
10+ rounds, taking turns to tank me even?, but somehow you're not
outdamaging me and I survive. I was laughing out loud when this
happened, cause I should have been dead

The other one is you teleporting near my snare (which was set for
somebody else that had just left the area after I'd stalked him
for 30 RL minutes so I was pretty angry). I don't usually let
APs keep their weapons, as Merf can surely attest to, but I found
that incident hilarious to say the least, and could see things from your perspective, bad luck wise.

TorakTue 04-Jun-13 02:24 PM
1216 posts
#115189, "Ugh"
In response to Reply #9

Felar APs tank with their face and that incident I had no barrier - having really crappy wand spots made my early life rough until I got ahold of limited wands and held onto them for dear life (seriously, I held those stout bronze wands for like 200 hours).

Also felar APs can't hit much in combat oddly enough against tanky foes - check out the log against Delfan, I couldn't even hit a duergar. Paladins and such I did fine, but anything remotely tanky and I just didn't hit them without unavoidable damage like claw procs (damn you for holding those extensions forever!) or my controls.

And ya, teleporting like 2 steps from a snare unprepared....still blown away at those odds. I liked playing with you though, classy enemy.

TorakMon 03-Jun-13 08:29 PM
1216 posts
#115166, "How a veteran just got more and more bitter..."
In response to Reply #0

So, where to start.

I wanted to age-death my first AP and I was pretty much on task with that - I had survived losing over 80 charges over time (three weapons of 25+), I still had near max con (21 I think at the end) and despite becoming anathema (we'll get to that), I was going to tough it out.

Now why would I have to "tough it out" - I was Dreadlord, I had lightning control and nearing acid, I was doing fine right?

Not really - see I was sphere Knowledge and had planned to chat with Zulghinlour... we know how that went. Then I had one conversation with a guildmaster which basically said "Kill Ekaerok", who was borderline broken in every way (sorry, but I've got log after log of them 2-3 rounding me in combat with every known prep and best gear in-slot, plus when I did get him slept once I couldn't land a single blind or curse out of 500 mana) and I rarely hunted with people so that was not gonna happen (I was trying for over 100 hours with no luck)....but then I never heard back from the Immortal ever again despite praying almost daily for a month... then after the whole incident with Kraldinor, I try to reach out to the remaining two Immortals from Empire: Enlilth and Dacagais. Enlilth emails me back saying basically they're done with CF (great, another amazing Immortal gone because in his own words "it's nothing but #### and drama") and I have to leave it all to Dacagais - a dormant Immortal who already broke the mortal rules once and appointed Kraldinor emperor instead of holding a vote. Yeah, great chances there he stands against Rayihn's follower... my response was a note (at least have the guts to meet me in-game) and basically said "#### off, if you bug me again, I'll kill you".

So there I am, kinda directionless - despite every attempt to find an Immortal patron to involve themselves through a generic guildmaster or directly, I had nothing to do. Can't become Tribunal because I became criminal defending myself in town (which is ok in Imperial Law), not gonna be going Chasm, Scarab would probably eat my soul, and I haven't received immexp since I was about level 20 despite several role updates (which mysteriously sat just short of being able to go to Silent Tower, go figure). I didn't have the greatest RP at points but I thought my role was solid and I played the char as I best could...losing weapons and being a felar is massive stress. So I stick it out, thinking that if Kraldinor dies I'll get back in because half if not most of the Empire wasn't even hunting me and refused to despite the dormant Immortal telling me to get bent.

Then the most blatant OOC crap was pulled I've seen with Noviask. It's a current character so I'm not going to slam them into the ground like they deserve, but needless to say I die in a fight with a criminal as I've been helping Tribunal try to fight them. The villager and two other tribunals don't loot... hell most people didn't across my life. Greyjjyan and Ieralaine were the exceptions, everyone else played nice... but low and behold this no name hero who hasn't been around at all, beelines for my corpse and immediately sacrifices my weapon. It's so blatantly obvious that someone told them I died, and they knew exactly what my weapon was, and they wanted to do just that. Sure they gave some RP reason, of course - just enough to not get some Immortal involved or get them kicked from their cabal but it was so despicable I was kinda on burnout mode. It's also the same player I've known for years to play the same role, same class, and same gear whoring strategy as always....bleh.

Then I got made wanted for bashing an eye of the flame maran who was hit by something right before then so he didn't auto attack me...and it went downhill from there.

I'm not angry at Kraldinor, they made a smart choice going Rayihn. I am angry at getting anathema, I'll post the log so you can see what happened. I do feel like it was an excuse to push me down and secure an entire Lotus council (which you quickly changed after I left). I've got my little beef with Rayhin but it's starting to change (she treated me well in the ROTD when I asked what to do about no one answering me for weeks and does a lot to keep this game alive)... but I do have beef with the fact that it's so skewed. There's a reason over half the cabal at one point was Lotus followers - you get nice stuff and an active immortal who cares about interaction. Even people who weren't followers were spending time in the Bathhouse to interact. The amount of those active Immortals....is basically dwindled to maybe 2 or 3? And how many of them are evil? (Sacer's awesomeness aside, he seems busy with coding/etc) Enlilth and Zulghinlour are gone, Dacagais is dormant and here I am trying to fight the coming wave of "Order of the Lotus"...

Oh well, I hope I made the game enjoyable for some people. Even though Daevryn said long ago felar APs are the most awesome, I think now with edges they're finally a contender - but damn I would have gone Chasm (keep it alive Grezoosh, if you delete a role contest felar AP scion you will sadly disappoint us). I don't think another "Cabdru" or powerhouse will be possible for awhile, getting charges is such a pain with low amounts of people and how some builds are just insane (aka Ekaerok) - maybe this new "super AP" will change that. I am also really REALLY envious of the folks in Amaranthe's ordeal - I've talked with a few and seen the detail that went into this and holy ####, every Immortal needs to take a queue from this because it might actually breathe life back in this game. We had 51 people on this last weekend! I should have signed up but I thought Noviask would have been my focus (I'm a one char kinda guy).

Anyways, I'll be back as something sometime...not sure what. I think this may have been my most successful AP yet (just because I didn't delete despite losing weapon after weapon, crappy wands, etc) - definitely not from an RP standpoint though and I knew that about halfway through. It had became a choir to just spam spells/skills/etc... I need a RP char next.

Oh well, peace
-Noviask aka Torak

BeerMon 03-Jun-13 08:41 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
322 posts
#115167, "You were a cool guy"
In response to Reply #1

Just sad that you started to ''break role'' if it was that when I sacced your weapon (Dude, you had quite a bunch of souls...saying stuff like ''Oshui didn't sac it, your Captain didn't either. I'll full-sac you'' was a bummer. Though I give you props on apologizing later on.

Then you got pissed at me for becoming Maran (See how it went out)

I think you got me once solo (It was either my only death due to eyes of flame or my second...but yeah, that wasn't pretty) but you and Kraldinor were the only balsy players of Empire. If you or Kraldinor weren't on, no one would even try to raid even with the numbers. And some wouldn't even retrieve. Kind of sad.

Hopefully next char you won't be as frustrated as you've been in the end. You're needed for this game!

GLWYN

TorakMon 03-Jun-13 08:45 PM
1216 posts
#115168, "Hey now..."
In response to Reply #2

...yeah, I was an asshole when ya sacced my weapon. I was just angry at the luck of how I died (my command for flee went literally in the same line as entwine and failed) and losing another big weapon was painful. I knew had acted like an asshole later though.

I was not mad though at how ya got Maran, not in the slightest you were a cool character. I was just surprised how fast you got it - I didn't think you were dying so much though but you weren't exactly ever scary alone (entwine+wrath = bad), maybe that's why?

I'm not quitting CF, just not sure what to do. I kinda want in Amaranthe's story

DaevrynMon 03-Jun-13 08:58 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115169, "RE: How a veteran just got more and more bitter..."
In response to Reply #1

Man, you had to know you were painting Kraldinor in a corner where he couldn't do anything but Anath you. I mean, you write this set of goodbyes like you weren't aware of that but I honestly can't imagine how you wouldn't have known you were doing just that.

It was cool the way you turned that around right away, but... I can't see any way that Team Empire, even if they were more active and less jaded, would have made you Emperor. There's a reason that, as relatively automated as Empire is, the toughest guy in the cabal doesn't just automatigically become Emperor... there's politics involved there. I think you can make an excellent case that Noviask was the toughest Imperial of his time, but he was really, really not well liked by his peers -- even though I don't ever recall seeing someone say anything to your face, the amount of trash talking Noviask behind his back was epic. I can't say with any certainty how much of it was fair.

I think that's a cool and different way to be a Sect Leader, when you're enough of a badass to get away with it... but it's not a great way to be Emperor.

TorakMon 03-Jun-13 09:03 PM
1216 posts
#115170, "Oh I knew what I was doing"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Mon 03-Jun-13 09:03 PM

I just wanted *something* to happen. I was getting demoted, and I was just tired of the constant "blah" that was Noviask's life. I think part of that is how Merf was slowly driving me insane...

I actually was planning on toughing it out as Anathema, and it would have given me a cool angle to a) get the Imperial Lords involved since they're non-existent and b) if it failed, I was going to be able to have more targets. What I didn't realize until later is that it put me further out there alone, which I already was. In a sick way, think of it like someone cutting themselves to get attention..

If I wanted a solo badass, I would have made another Scarabite

Eidiol (Anonymous)Tue 04-Jun-13 02:51 AM
Charter member
#115175, "Kind of makes sense.."
In response to Reply #5

At least, we started talking more once you were anathema. Almost just socially, but Noviask still seemed to be struggling with that. I could see this coming I suppose, but man I looked up to your badassery. You'd come out of fights that looked unwinnable to me with charges. I knew you weren't exactly personable either, but 'suck it up I'm better' is exemplary roleplay for both an antipaladin and an imperial.. don't think I could pull it off in the same way but never resented you for doing so. I do think you should have realised that the demotion was only temporary though and there's no way me or Merf was going to replace you while you were still in the Empire.

Felar A-P looks pretty nice, edges like catnap and tailcrippler seem to compensate a lot for sucking so bad at an A-P's most important stats. If my theorycrafting is right though your tanking should have been a lot worse which makes me wonder again just how you managed such a convincing ratio in the current landscape.

Big fan, but I could see this coming, if you had outlived Kraldinor there might have been another chapter for you but hopefully someone will take note and appoint an imm for Empire, so we can stop having to borrow Rayihn, cool as she is for letting us do that.

TorakTue 04-Jun-13 12:12 PM
1216 posts
#115184, "RE: Kind of makes sense.."
In response to Reply #8

I knew I could have caved and taken the fourth "smack" from Kraldinor, but battered wife syndrome...I just wanted it done with.

Felar AP has it's bonuses definitely with catnap/tailcrippler now, but my god is it not easy to get there. I had almost straight 100s first off (have fun practicing that without abusing ST fountains) and you literally tank with your face (even with a spear...my rod in the Underdark was pretty much pointless to go for) and you cannot hit anything somewhat tanky (look at the log against Delfan, I think I hit him 3 times in 9 rounds). The progs from claws with extensions help but requires the gear which is seriously hard to get - it's hoarded more than strange bracers and the like. The claw hits are nice also, but I just felt like it was really hard to hit people (17 str and light weapons, doens't make you hit well). It's definitely a contender for best race now since you get an awesome sleep with a race that can vault nicely... still not sure it fits my style though.

And yeah, Empire and Scion need Imms...it's getting just silly at this point.

Eidiol (Anonymous)Tue 04-Jun-13 02:06 PM
Charter member
#115188, "Sleep/vault"
In response to Reply #11

Arial looks like a good pick for that too, but the recent loss of int makes it somewhat less appealing.

Anyway GLWYN hope you come back with something soon and thanks for setting an example of how A-Ps should be done and proving they can be scary.

Nalavi (Anonymous)Fri 07-Jun-13 02:16 AM
Charter member
#115270, "The couple times I grouped with him he definitely tanke..."
In response to Reply #8

Drove me nuts actually how quickly his HP went down even though he did the most damage. hehe

Pishuk (Anonymous)Tue 04-Jun-13 12:52 AM
Charter member
#115173, "You had balls.."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 04-Jun-13 12:55 AM

We didn't face each other as many times as I liked it. in Solo fights, I think I had the numbers (not sure), but you were far ahead in total. I always knew you'll show for the retrieval when the village had the codex, and I always made sure to jump on vanquisher when Empire had the head, mostly to face you.
What happened about being anathema? Was it related to the 'Imperials gang Pishuk near arena'? I knew you will all be there as soon as we are done and I was ready to face you (Damn, my connection got so slow and **** up everything for me). Later I heard from the other one involved, that you are demoted because of the event. But was it really wrong? You had just hunted someone (Actually from an enemy cabal) outside of a protected city. What was the problem with it?

GLWYN

p.s. Try talking to Amaranthe ASAP. It is too late now, but probably there are some back-up roles you could be assigned to.

Kraldinor (Anonymous)Tue 04-Jun-13 02:13 AM
Charter member
#115174, "Noviask was probably my Favorite Imperial......"
In response to Reply #1

and I thought the best rd'd anti-paladin, not to mention the most successful I've seen in this chars lifetime. Noviask was also a huge pain in the ass as I am pretty sure you figured out my vision for Empire and yours were quite different, but one of us was Emperor.

I really didn't want to anathema you. My plan was to demote you as a way to get your attention and try to bring you more in line with what I wanted, then promote you again if it seemed like I had you under control (since I was Emperor and all). Once I demoted you, you seemed determined for force me into anathemaing you, So I gave it to you.

I really thought it was intentional because you decided you couldn't get the throne through a vote and decided to roll the dice as champion of the dark lords and, honestly, Kraldinor's player was kinda pulling for you. If you had of pulled it off though, I think you would have probably run Empire into the ground in very short order if you were Emperor since I actually got more people coming to me crying about Noviask's latest offense from inside Empire than outside. Anytime I got an "Emperor could I have a moment of your time?" type question my first guess was always Noviask, and I was always right.

TorakTue 04-Jun-13 12:54 PM
1216 posts
#115185, "You did what you had to..."
In response to Reply #7

And I did what I had to

Nothing personal, I just didn't care to be beaten back and have this pussified Empire that was just growing worse and worse. I wanted the Imperial Lords to step it up, get involved in this hostile religion takeover....I knew Dacagais was not an option considering he already broke the rules once to give you Emperor, and Zulg was gone - I had no idea Enlilth would basically email me back saying they're done with CF. I was screwed and I didn't know it All hail Lady Rayihn I guess since there's not a single evil Imm now besides Sacer.

And yeah, people hated me - I'm fine with that considering I know a lot of it came from Merf and other idiots who should have been gone long ago. Would I have run Empire into the ground? Doubtful considering there were plenty of people I did get along with. Would it have half the membership it had now? Nope and I'm fine with that. As you told me, "It's not called the Nicelord".

Either way, had fun - was really disappointed you basically demoted me for nothing after all the crap you had already given me....but I understand why. You needed to push me into line but maybe you didn't know I was already losing it. Oh well.

Cheers.

DaevrynTue 04-Jun-13 07:53 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#115203, "RE: You did what you had to..."
In response to Reply #12

I don't think Enlilth is necessarily done done forever, but last I talked to him he was pretty burned out on all the forum drama.

N b MTue 04-Jun-13 09:23 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#115204, "That's weird...."
In response to Reply #21
Edited on Tue 04-Jun-13 09:29 PM

The last action I can really pick up from Enlilth is from February, I don't think there was any forum drama going on around then...

Voralian (NOT Krilcov)Wed 05-Jun-13 03:50 AM
Charter member
#115212, "Enlilth, Ysal, Eshval, Innis =P, please bring bash esh...."
In response to Reply #21

nt

Aeede (Anonymous)Tue 04-Jun-13 11:04 AM
Charter member
#115181, "You should have stuck around a little"
In response to Reply #1

I loved interacting with you. I was surprised by you becoming Anathema, but its the way of the Empire. Someday I am in power and the next you might be. And utilize power to benefit them.

I still think you should have stuck around. It would have been fun. And thank you for those small chats.

Don't take this game that seriously, you will never get that "I WIN" button cause Nep has it and he ain't sharing. LOL

Drortcbel (Anonymous)Tue 04-Jun-13 04:58 PM
Charter member
#115192, "Thanks for the advice"
In response to Reply #1

I thought you were a scary Dread Lord. I was afraid some point you would either demand 50 gold, or a look at my weapon which was/is pretty paltry. On the good side, I think you pushed everyone to be a better AP and you showed that they are still a relevant class.

incognitoTue 04-Jun-13 06:51 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115200, "Where to start"
In response to Reply #1

Well, first off, well done on persevering to lighting control on a felar ap. I feel the psi. Of you face tanking, having done it.

Also, I really liked how you stirred up politics. It's great to play in a time where turns ear with empire and an anathema intimidates imperials into leaving him alone.

Without knowing who sacred your weapon, I wouldn't be surPrised if tstarters an oocaspect to it.personally I thought you were on and was in two minds about whether to do something about your power. On the one hand, I had the ability though I would likely have died a few times to kill you, but on the other I just liked how you had a goal and genuinely rp'd instead of just pk ing until imms were watching.

Ultimately though, you raised the question, is it better to be feared or loved.

It would have been interesting to find out the answer. I suspect it would have been love though.

TorakTue 04-Jun-13 07:40 PM
1216 posts
#115202, "Only because..."
In response to Reply #19

...there's no more evil Immortals in Empire - what's to fear when your influence is love?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #115165 Previous topic | Next topic