Subject: "RE: somtimes you just get the feeling" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9551
Show all folders

KastellynWed 09-Oct-02 03:59 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9555, "RE: somtimes you just get the feeling"

Sorry to see you delete. Like Thror and Intronan, I don't want to get into a major discussion here about your particular situation, but I do want to point out two things.

1. You would have, eventually, Heroed. Mid 40s is hard - very hard - but its part and parcel of the trial of fire you go through before you Hero. You only had 86 hours on this character, which is a fairly significant amount of time, but only about one-sixth the lifespan of your character. You also had plenty of con.

2. Sometimes you'll be in bad situations, or situations where you have a lot of enemies coming at you at once (or close together). Its at times like these that you need to use smart tactics despite having numerical superiority to have a chance at victory. Someone has to step up and take charge, but that person doesn't necessarily have to be the leader of Battle, and it will never be an Imm. Who's that leave? Guys like you, who know what the hell they are doing, know their Cabal mates, and can say, "You bash the bard, you tigerclaw the invoker, you pincer the bard and I'll artery the bard then disarm. Once the bard's dead, we move on to the healer. If they haven't all fled by then, we hit the AP." All that being said, I'm smart enough to understand that things never work out in such a cut and dried manner (especially in combat), but the point is to start with a plan and move on from there, use your heads, and hopefully come out on top. That sort of tactical planning, making the sum greater than the parts, is one thing we are trying to build up in the Cabal.

I have heard complaints that the Cabal wars are "stagnant" or "old" or "boring", because people don't want to risk their bright, shiny gear unless they have 6 to 1 odds in their favor. What I saw in the raiding situations you describe above was a series of fights where there was more risk than reward, where gear was not an issue, where people were willing to go toe to toe with the enemy without overwhelming odds in their favor. I say, kudos to all of you. Made me wish I had a mort running around down there in the mix.

On a side note, good use of the War Room. Everyone in the Village has the right to question the decisions made by either the Leader or the Destructor. You used good logic, and the fact that you were willing to speak up is points in your favor. The fact that you abided by the decision made even though it went against what you recommended is more points in your favor.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Bronagh the Master of Steel [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 08-Oct-02 03:16 PM
Reply RE: (DEL) Bronagh the Master of Steel, Bryvac, 09-Oct-02 11:06 AM, #16
Reply somtimes you just get the feeling, Abernyte, 08-Oct-02 03:51 PM, #1
     Reply RE: somtimes you just get the feeling, Thralkoz, 08-Oct-02 04:21 PM, #2
     Reply I always recomend...., Past Battle (Guest), 08-Oct-02 09:58 PM, #6
          Reply is ragers all you play, dead orc (Guest), 09-Oct-02 06:43 AM, #12
               Reply not exclusive to ragers, Abernyte, 09-Oct-02 10:33 AM, #15
     Reply RE: somtimes you just get the feeling, Intronan, 08-Oct-02 04:26 PM, #3
     Reply Totally understand..., Lightmage, 08-Oct-02 07:06 PM, #4
     Reply RE: somtimes you just get the feeling, HammerSong, 08-Oct-02 07:28 PM, #5
     Reply RE: somtimes you just get the feeling, ArChaos, 09-Oct-02 12:48 AM, #9
     Reply I like this., Nashrad (Guest), 09-Oct-02 12:55 AM, #10
     Reply RE: somtimes you just get the feeling, Nwayreth (Guest), 09-Oct-02 09:44 AM, #14
     Reply I hate to say this but..., Harokatsu (Guest), 08-Oct-02 11:24 PM, #7
     Reply Hey, Minyar, 09-Oct-02 12:03 AM, #8
     Reply RE: somtimes you just get the feeling, Kastellyn, 09-Oct-02 03:59 AM #11
     Reply Your still around!, Minyar, 09-Oct-02 07:45 AM, #13
     Reply Stop playing ragers Abernyte!, Thornheart (Guest), 09-Oct-02 11:11 AM, #17
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9551 Previous topic | Next topic