Subject: "RE: Silent Tower Miscellanea" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1109
Show all folders

DaevrynFri 19-Jan-07 12:27 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1119, "RE: Silent Tower Miscellanea"

>Having said all that, could you honestly say that a group of
>ragers would have much success there? And would it be worth
>it from a utility standpoint? Meaning, the coolness would be
>enough of a reason, yes, but would any of the things they find
>or information they learn be useable by a battlerager?

I'm speculating because I've yet to see it tried in force, but I'd like to say yes to both counts.

Based on seeing Dhaevor's Battle group in Hell some years ago, I know that the right Battle group CAN clean up even very high-end high-danger areas.

Also, I had Battle in mind in constructing the area, which both helps and hurts. It does play a little different depending on how you approach it. One valid approach is "we need to smash all the magic stuff." Certain traps have alternate solutions for Battle, and some things where spellbane or resist wouldn't normally be big helps are. Conversely, some of the 'help' that's in the area for characters/groups that will use magic is obviously off limits for Battle. Does that all balance out? I think so, but I'm not really sure.

There's a lot of great, great magic gear in the area that Battle has to avoid, but there's also a great automated quest reward (that to the best of my knowledge has never gone out) that I'd wish to have for nearly all characters, but especially Battle. Again, does that balance out? I think so, but it's hard to say.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicSilent Tower Miscellanea [View all] , Daevryn, Wed 17-Jan-07 11:39 PM
Reply RE: Silent Tower Miscellanea, Mort, 19-Jan-07 08:41 PM, #8
Reply RE: Silent Tower Miscellanea, Daevryn, 19-Jan-07 08:48 PM, #14
     Reply Do they have pimp gear? nt, Larcat, 21-Jan-07 01:05 PM, #15
          Reply They do, too., Daevryn, 21-Jan-07 01:06 PM, #17
Reply RE: Silent Tower Miscellanea, (NOT Graatch), 19-Jan-07 12:18 AM, #2
Reply RE: Silent Tower Miscellanea, Daevryn, 19-Jan-07 12:27 AM #5
     Reply I'd love to try that quest, but..., GinGa, 19-Jan-07 08:41 PM, #7
     Reply RE: I'd love to try that quest, but..., Daevryn, 19-Jan-07 08:46 PM, #13
     Reply You probably got to 2. nt, Larcat, 21-Jan-07 01:05 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Silent Tower Miscellanea, (NOT Graatch), 19-Jan-07 08:41 PM, #9
     Reply What did I do this time? (n/t), Daevryn, 19-Jan-07 08:44 PM, #12
          Reply RE: What did I do this time? (n/t), (NOT Graatch), 24-Jan-07 01:42 PM, #18
     Reply just out of curiosity concerning the automated quest, laxman, 19-Jan-07 08:41 PM, #10
          Reply RE: just out of curiosity concerning the automated ques..., Daevryn, 19-Jan-07 08:43 PM, #11
Reply Should I still unconditionally phe4r the treasure room?, GinGa, 18-Jan-07 04:44 PM, #1
     Reply That is the exact spot/change, eternal_elf, 19-Jan-07 12:18 AM, #3
     Reply I'm right there, soiling myself with you buddy. nt, GinGa, 19-Jan-07 08:41 PM, #6
     Reply It's not quite what it was., Daevryn, 19-Jan-07 12:21 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1109 Previous topic | Next topic