Subject: "I really don't think this is intended though" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25393
Show all folders

JavaSun 14-Jan-24 05:32 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#25400, "I really don't think this is intended though"

Right now any non-limited WORN item that is requested will eventually repop on that mob, even if that mob is never killed.

The bug is that items carried in inventory do not behave in the same way as items that are worn. They never repop (until the mob is killed or the game reboots). This is most obvious in a certain explore area with a bunch of goodie mobs that carry keys in their inventory.

Again - the code exists so that all non-limited worn items WILL repop. That seems to be the design. This is an (accidental?) exception to that design, with no real rationale on why it would be intentional.

We don't see this in most other areas, because most other areas have worn keys (such as Eil Shaeria, other explore areas).

Fix would be to either make inventory items repop with the exact same frequency as worn items. Alternatively, just make all of those suspect keys become worn items, rather than just in inventory.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicStuff being requested. [View all] , Lost Elven Vault (Anonymous), Sat 13-Jan-24 02:20 PM
Reply Working as intended, Ishuli, 13-Jan-24 07:15 PM, #1
     Reply I really don't think this is intended though, Java, 14-Jan-24 07:43 PM #2
          Reply RE: I really don't think this is intended though, Ishuli, 14-Jan-24 07:44 PM, #3
               Reply Ok. But why did it change?, Dallevian, 14-Jan-24 10:08 PM, #4
                    Reply It didn't change., Ishuli, 14-Jan-24 10:09 PM, #5
                         Reply Ok! Sorry for bugging. nt, Dallevian, 15-Jan-24 08:34 AM, #6
                              Reply It's fine to bug., Ishuli, 15-Jan-24 08:35 AM, #7
                                   Reply Word! I meant sorry for bugging you., Dallevian, 15-Jan-24 04:05 PM, #8
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25393 Previous topic | Next topic