Subject: "Stuff being requested." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25393
Show all folders

Lost Elven Vault (Anonymous)Sat 13-Jan-24 02:20 PM
Charter member
#25393, "Stuff being requested."
Edited on Sat 13-Jan-24 07:15 PM

I'm fairly certain that the <explore info> in the <area explore> used to repop without the <explore info> dying, similar to <area explore>

Since at least last year it doesn't seem to be the case. Now once someone requests the <explore info>, they're no longer available outside of killing the <explore info> and waiting for a repop. That means the area can only be explored once per reboot for a lot of classes since the mobs are generally <explore info>.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Working as intended, Ishuli, 13-Jan-24 07:15 PM, #1
     Reply I really don't think this is intended though, Java, 14-Jan-24 07:43 PM, #2
          Reply RE: I really don't think this is intended though, Ishuli, 14-Jan-24 07:44 PM, #3
               Reply Ok. But why did it change?, Dallevian, 14-Jan-24 10:08 PM, #4
                    Reply It didn't change., Ishuli, 14-Jan-24 10:09 PM, #5
                         Reply Ok! Sorry for bugging. nt, Dallevian, 15-Jan-24 08:34 AM, #6
                              Reply It's fine to bug., Ishuli, 15-Jan-24 08:35 AM, #7
                                   Reply Word! I meant sorry for bugging you., Dallevian, 15-Jan-24 04:05 PM, #8

IshuliSat 13-Jan-24 07:15 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25394, "Working as intended"
In response to Reply #0

Working as intended

JavaSun 14-Jan-24 05:32 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#25400, "I really don't think this is intended though"
In response to Reply #1

Right now any non-limited WORN item that is requested will eventually repop on that mob, even if that mob is never killed.

The bug is that items carried in inventory do not behave in the same way as items that are worn. They never repop (until the mob is killed or the game reboots). This is most obvious in a certain explore area with a bunch of goodie mobs that carry keys in their inventory.

Again - the code exists so that all non-limited worn items WILL repop. That seems to be the design. This is an (accidental?) exception to that design, with no real rationale on why it would be intentional.

We don't see this in most other areas, because most other areas have worn keys (such as Eil Shaeria, other explore areas).

Fix would be to either make inventory items repop with the exact same frequency as worn items. Alternatively, just make all of those suspect keys become worn items, rather than just in inventory.

IshuliSun 14-Jan-24 07:44 PM
2148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25401, "RE: I really don't think this is intended though"
In response to Reply #2

It isn't an accident. It is working as intended.

DallevianSun 14-Jan-24 09:46 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1618 posts
#25402, "Ok. But why did it change?"
In response to Reply #3

It is now literally impossible to explore unless you're first one there after a reboot. I don't understand that. The keys used to repop.

IshuliSun 14-Jan-24 10:09 PM
2148 posts
#25403, "It didn't change."
In response to Reply #4

Working as intended.

DallevianSun 14-Jan-24 10:32 PM
1618 posts
#25404, "Ok! Sorry for bugging. nt"
In response to Reply #5

nt

IshuliMon 15-Jan-24 08:35 AM
2148 posts
#25405, "It's fine to bug."
In response to Reply #6

I don't mind a bugboard when someone THINKS there is a bug.

This is just an easy non-debatable one because the code notes are super clear both in function and intent. Everything is working exactly as it has been, exactly as intended, and no bug is present.

If the argument is "I want it changed" then you're up against a hefty series of code notes that make it really clear that this was a purposeful goal. In which case you CAN argue it, but not on the bugboard because I really only glance here at posts to fix stuff and it isn't really a discussion-friendly-location.

DallevianMon 15-Jan-24 12:24 PM
1618 posts
#25406, "Word! I meant sorry for bugging you."
In response to Reply #7

I was 99% certain it worked differently in the past. But I'm good with being wrong and admitting it if that's the case, and you went above and beyond stating that it is the case.

I can also understand with how the last room functions with the thing that is opened and how it is only able to be opened once per reboot that it lends even more credibility to me being wrong.

Done brigadiering the original person's bug post. All good and thanks.

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #25393 Previous topic | Next topic