Subject: "RE: Advice:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74504
Show all folders

Dref (Anonymous)Fri 16-Apr-21 08:13 AM
Charter member
#74509, "RE: Advice:"

Yes you are right.

1) You DID have difficulty reaching your immortal for 49 hours.
2) At 50 hours in you decided to tell your immortal you weren't following them anymore.

These are my primary complaints. Its also not me trying to #### on anyone so you need to understand that. Its a challenge in the game that is frustrating. Its expected and understandable but I think there are ways to fix it. I will repost my suggestion. Thanks I forgot to fill in the name when posting.

I am not trying to create empathy, what I am trying to create is a discussion on an aspect of the game and suggest ways to perhaps fix it and make it more enjoyable for everyone. I was trying to recreate what I went through but cant recall all of the details.

Again its not a knock on any specific people because I recognize that even the imm I couldn't entirely connect with was still trying and its appreciated.

Try not to read too hard into things people type, specially me at this hour

2) and 3) At near 90 hours in you decided to follow a new immortal.
I had actually given up on empowerment because I had no idea where to place the character. I think most people just delete and start over. I dislike that idea and hate to see my casual in game friends that I don't really know but have spent a few hours with vanish. The change to follow the newn imm sorta seemed to fit into the basic's of my character given the cabal and goals of the imms religion. TBH I never even looked at his helpful until the messages on the main page, don't think I ever saw him before.

You flat out said "Which in itself was even more frustrating since they could of at least done basic empowerment. The quest could of given me a path.". You definitely had expectations that suddenly switching religions should be just as easy as if it was your first one.

I think you are reading too much into that, but let me explain

Yes this was frustrating... Here is why. 1: We talked for a while about the imms religion which is usually fun and in this case was. A quest was given. It was weird that basic empowerment wasn't given. Why do I find it weird... Basic empowerment doesn't really do a whole lot. Its just a bit of extra healing and +1 spell level. Its just basic empowerment and seems fitting for taking the time to 1: find the shrine and 2 oing some small roleplay with the imm.

The quest is about the shaman path. That seems fine and normal to me. What instilled the frustration is that I me as the player I midly expect that I'll be going through another period of waiting on trying to reconnect with the imm. Pro's and cons of playing a game with a global player base...

I see your point though and I hope you somewhat understand mine as a player.

Keep your complaint to 1 and just focus on "It took me 50 hours to get in touch with my immortal" and you've at least got something I can somewhat empathize with.
This is ultimately what I am trying to talk about and discuss with you and everyone else. I don't have hard feelings against anyone on the imm staff. Its just something I think could be fixed. I will post it in as a suggestion again. Its not about empathy its about talking about a problem and maybe finding a fun solution.

Thanks for deleting the miss named one!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic100 hours no empowerment... [View all] , Dref (Anonymous), Fri 16-Apr-21 07:42 AM
Reply I feel your pain., The Heretic, 22-Apr-21 11:36 AM, #17
Reply The best fix, enyuu, 19-Apr-21 11:39 PM, #15
Reply Just to chime in..., NoobAgain, 17-Apr-21 07:46 PM, #11
Reply RE: 100 hours no empowerment..., Whiysdan, 16-Apr-21 09:04 PM, #7
Reply No, do share..., Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 11:03 PM, #8
     Reply I don't know if you realize how you're coming across., Java, 17-Apr-21 05:47 AM, #9
     Reply Did you delete?, Lhydia, 18-Apr-21 07:44 AM, #14
Reply My thoughts/advice, Habbs, 16-Apr-21 05:00 PM, #6
Reply Advice:, Ishuli, 16-Apr-21 06:45 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Advice:, Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 07:05 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Advice:, Ishuli, 16-Apr-21 07:43 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Advice:, Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 08:13 AM #4
     Reply My suggestion, Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 08:33 AM, #5
          Reply I personally don't like that.., Java, 17-Apr-21 06:01 AM, #10
               Reply Well then what is your solution? Do you understand the ..., Dref (Anonymous), 18-Apr-21 03:35 AM, #12
                    Reply I don't think it's a problem, honestly., Java, 18-Apr-21 04:46 AM, #13
                         Reply RE: I don't think it's a problem, honestly., Dref (Anonymous), 20-Apr-21 10:15 PM, #16
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74504 Previous topic | Next topic