Subject: "100 hours no empowerment..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74504
Show all folders

Dref (Anonymous)Fri 16-Apr-21 07:42 AM
Charter member
#74504, "100 hours no empowerment..."

I just hit the 100 hour mark and don't have basic empowerment... I do mean Basic empowerment. I am not talking about having "A" shaman path or multiple...

Before you ask.

I wrote 4 notes to the imm's who's sphere I picked.

The first contained a long story of my characters adventure to find him. I spent days creating something...It was very roleplayish and I thought aligned with the imm. Granted I've never talked to this imm so I had no clue, it was my best guess. It also asked what is a valid time to find him.

I think they did respond, but didn't give me a specific meeting time which I was looking for.

Wrote 3 more notes asking for a time. No response.

After no response I asked another imm if I could change spheres. That imm said try one more time and email them. I did, no email though.

No response.

I log in on a random day. They are on. 2.5 hours sitting in their shrine watching em chat with other people(I'm at work/working) I have to get back to work and attend meetings. Keep in mind I was in work meetings the whole time, some I can just appear to be there, others I need to actually be there. Stayed logged in just with the hopes of connecting with the imm.

No luck.

That put me somewhere around 55-60 hours on this character.

More time goes by.

I find another imm who I try to get connected with and maybe somehow get things moving. The imm is at least nice/fun enough to have some basic roleplay chats with me an send me on a quest. Which in itself was even more frustrating since they could of at least done basic empowerment. The quest could of given me a path.

However, I am currently sitting at my 101 hour mark on my character. Going by what I've experienced with past empowerment based characters I wouldn't doubt I will tally up another 30-40 hours before we cross paths again. That's assuming we cross paths since I tend to play during off hours for the mud.

FYI I don't hold anything against people due to having a hard time connecting. We are all just trying to have fun playing a game after all.

I do have to ask, does this system work?

I played 5 paladins in a row with hopes of experiences or trying out all of the different virtues. It was a nightmare... It didn't happen. Paladin 1 was trash, first character in 25 years. Paladin 2 was a provincial, Paladin 3 was a provincial, paladin 4 was provost and paladin 5 was a provincial. I don't make that statement as a bragging point(though yes it is sad I played 5 paladins in a row), but as a point that I do try to put some effort into the characters I play and help the game. My experience with those characters wasn't as bad, but still instilled high levels of frustrations with trying to run into chosen imm.

I can't possibly fathom experiencing 1 shaman path right now with the system and how it's going so far. Hope this doesn't sound whiney but its just what I have experienced right now. Being 100 hours into a character and still not having empowerment is just down right broken.

I also don't really understand why empowerment exists now. I don't understand why a shaman/paladin player can't just pick a path/virtue like warriors do and the 2nd or 3rd can be give by imm through quests/interactions.

The best part of this is I didn't realize how annoyed I was until proof reading this.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic100 hours no empowerment... [View all] , Dref (Anonymous), Fri 16-Apr-21 07:42 AM
Reply I feel your pain., The Heretic, 22-Apr-21 11:36 AM, #17
Reply The best fix, enyuu, 19-Apr-21 11:39 PM, #15
Reply Just to chime in..., NoobAgain, 17-Apr-21 07:46 PM, #11
Reply RE: 100 hours no empowerment..., Whiysdan, 16-Apr-21 09:04 PM, #7
Reply No, do share..., Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 11:03 PM, #8
     Reply I don't know if you realize how you're coming across., Java, 17-Apr-21 05:47 AM, #9
     Reply Did you delete?, Lhydia, 18-Apr-21 07:44 AM, #14
Reply My thoughts/advice, Habbs, 16-Apr-21 05:00 PM, #6
Reply Advice:, Ishuli, 16-Apr-21 06:45 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Advice:, Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 07:05 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Advice:, Ishuli, 16-Apr-21 07:43 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Advice:, Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 08:13 AM, #4
     Reply My suggestion, Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 08:33 AM, #5
          Reply I personally don't like that.., Java, 17-Apr-21 06:01 AM, #10
               Reply Well then what is your solution? Do you understand the ..., Dref (Anonymous), 18-Apr-21 03:35 AM, #12
                    Reply I don't think it's a problem, honestly., Java, 18-Apr-21 04:46 AM, #13
                         Reply RE: I don't think it's a problem, honestly., Dref (Anonymous), 20-Apr-21 10:15 PM, #16
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74504 Previous topic | Next topic