Subject: "My thoughts/advice" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74504
Show all folders

HabbsFri 16-Apr-21 05:00 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2008
198 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74511, "My thoughts/advice"

To me it seems like it is the early game that is key for this. When you roll up, things go so fast, levels, skills, pk....everything comes super fast and the first 50ish hours gets you a long way.

For empowerment characters, if nothing for the religion gets going in that time period, it can feel a lot like it is holding you back in the character progression, when it should be something that is moving you forward. I get that imms can't be johnny on the spot and be at your beck and call, but I can also see the frustration for a empowerment character.

What I wonder, is if there could be a system in place just to get things moving. One where any imm can fill the role, but not be a process where you have imm X talking about anything for the religion of imm Y, so that wires don't get crossed. Maybe something where they could just acknowledge things like a role that works, sphere that fits, and not being an asshat, and give a basic empowerment with a very clear approach that shows this is just the start, you need to pursue the real meat of things still. This could also be a time where they could be gently told if an Imm is hit and miss lately, or they aren't going to jive with your role most likely, or anything like that, so that at 15 hours a char can learn they are on a hard row to hoe, instead of realizing it at 100 hours.

I like the empowerment process, even when I do get frustrated, but, in a way to me that is a lot like IRL faith as well. But....I could see some ways where this game might help alleviate threads like this one.

I think something similar to role checks, but with a slight addition for empowerment classes where a general "you are a religious soul" sort of nod could go a long way.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic100 hours no empowerment... [View all] , Dref (Anonymous), Fri 16-Apr-21 07:42 AM
Reply I feel your pain., The Heretic, 22-Apr-21 11:36 AM, #17
Reply The best fix, enyuu, 19-Apr-21 11:39 PM, #15
Reply Just to chime in..., NoobAgain, 17-Apr-21 07:46 PM, #11
Reply RE: 100 hours no empowerment..., Whiysdan, 16-Apr-21 09:04 PM, #7
Reply No, do share..., Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 11:03 PM, #8
     Reply I don't know if you realize how you're coming across., Java, 17-Apr-21 05:47 AM, #9
     Reply Did you delete?, Lhydia, 18-Apr-21 07:44 AM, #14
Reply My thoughts/advice, Habbs, 16-Apr-21 05:00 PM #6
Reply Advice:, Ishuli, 16-Apr-21 06:45 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Advice:, Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 07:05 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Advice:, Ishuli, 16-Apr-21 07:43 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Advice:, Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 08:13 AM, #4
     Reply My suggestion, Dref (Anonymous), 16-Apr-21 08:33 AM, #5
          Reply I personally don't like that.., Java, 17-Apr-21 06:01 AM, #10
               Reply Well then what is your solution? Do you understand the ..., Dref (Anonymous), 18-Apr-21 03:35 AM, #12
                    Reply I don't think it's a problem, honestly., Java, 18-Apr-21 04:46 AM, #13
                         Reply RE: I don't think it's a problem, honestly., Dref (Anonymous), 20-Apr-21 10:15 PM, #16
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74504 Previous topic | Next topic