Subject: "Funny story, and proof declining intelligence with each..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1705
Show all folders

TsunamiFri 11-Apr-08 11:13 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1705, "Funny story, and proof declining intelligence with each generation."

So I'm playing CF as usual. My dog needs to go outside, I put her out on her leash and come back in. Not five minutes later the door bell rings..Odd, didn't know my dog figured that out yet.

It's my neighbor, and the dog is gone. Apparently she saw two girls running off with my dog.(my house is on a common walk-home-from school route) Her husband jumped in a truck and gave chase to see where they live.

He comes back and tells me where they are, just down the street. He won't give me a ride because hes afraid they will mess with his vehicle if they know who showed me where they were. I'm thinking, 'hey they're just kids what are you worried about' but I jump in my car and head down. It's two guys and three girls, all probably 13-15 years old. I get out and ask for my dog back.

Now heres the funny part, the kid with the dog gives it back, and starts pulling the dog tag out of his bag to give back too. 'ok we got caught' I laugh and say no big deal. His friend im assuming was going for brownie points with the girls and throws off his backpack, denies that they have my dog(they just gave it back), and proceeds to try and pick a fight with me.

Imagine a five foot little fat fourteen year old trying to 'bow up' to a six foot three heavily built dude. I could do nothing but laugh at him, and the girls did the same....Are kids f'n retarded?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Beat his ass to teach him a lesson. -nt-, Mekantos, 28-Mar-08 01:42 PM, #8
Reply 4 words to one..., Stunna, 29-Mar-08 07:12 PM, #10
     Reply I was joking., Mekantos, 30-Mar-08 01:27 AM, #11
          Reply Sign on AIM every once in a while. Jacksstand! n/t, Stunna, 30-Mar-08 08:45 AM, #12
Reply What kind of dog?, TheDude, 25-Mar-08 05:55 PM, #2
Reply RE: What kind of dog?, Tsunami, 25-Mar-08 06:15 PM, #3
     Reply RE: What kind of dog?, Cerunnir, 25-Mar-08 06:45 PM, #4
          Reply It's a trade off..., Stunna, 26-Mar-08 07:27 AM, #5
          Reply They really wouldn't have., GinGa, 27-Mar-08 10:40 PM, #6
               Reply I don't even know the secret handshake..., Stunna, 28-Mar-08 08:41 AM, #7
                    Reply Your government is oppressive...., GinGa, 28-Mar-08 11:01 AM, #20
                         Reply I'm in favor of gun control..., Stunna, 29-Mar-08 07:11 PM, #9
                         Reply Whimper. nt, GinGa, 30-Mar-08 05:59 PM, #13
                         Reply RE: Your government is oppressive...., Eskelian, 05-Apr-08 09:16 AM, #14
                              Reply Shooting your attacker might be practical..., GinGa, 05-Apr-08 09:09 PM, #15
                                   Reply Two words: Zip gun n/t, Cyril, 07-Apr-08 10:52 AM, #16
                                   Reply Okay, I'm lost and curious now., GinGa, 07-Apr-08 02:26 PM, #17
                                   Reply RE: Shooting your attacker might be practical..., Eskelian, 08-Apr-08 07:54 AM, #18
          Reply Re: Guns, _Magus_, 08-Apr-08 04:55 PM, #19
Reply Holy crap., Stunna, 25-Mar-08 05:42 PM, #1

MekantosFri 28-Mar-08 01:42 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1715, "Beat his ass to teach him a lesson. -nt-"
In response to Reply #0

asfasf

StunnaSat 29-Mar-08 07:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1718, "4 words to one..."
In response to Reply #8

Tiny minor vs. big adult...

Sounds like trouble with Jonny Law to me.

MekantosSun 30-Mar-08 01:27 AM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1719, "I was joking."
In response to Reply #10

Kinda.

StunnaSun 30-Mar-08 08:45 AM
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1720, "Sign on AIM every once in a while. Jacksstand! n/t"
In response to Reply #11

asdf

TheDudeTue 25-Mar-08 05:55 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2005
283 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1707, "What kind of dog?"
In response to Reply #0

I'd cringe to think of what a few 13-15 year olds who are brazen enough to steal a dog in front of someone's house would do to the poor thing. Also that's a pretty passive dog to not put up a fuss when taken over by a pack of punk little teenagers.

I bet they were stealing it for one of the girls who thought your dog was cute... heh.

TsunamiTue 25-Mar-08 06:15 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#1708, "RE: What kind of dog?"
In response to Reply #2

Yep chiwawa. Maybe they were going to eat it..I do live in San Antonio after all. In hindsight I suppose I'm lucky the kid getting the collar from the bag wasn't getting a gun or some such.

It is sort of a bad part of town.

CerunnirTue 25-Mar-08 06:45 PM
Member since 21st Oct 2003
294 posts
#1709, "RE: What kind of dog?"
In response to Reply #3

>kid getting the collar from the bag wasn't getting a gun or
>some such.
>

That is such a scary notion, and it really shows me the difference between US and Europe when it comes to guns(In most countries atleast). Had something like this happened to me over here, I would not in my WILDEST dream ever considered that he could have a gun. Im 25 years old, and I have yet to even see a pistol or revolver in real life. Closest is the one shot per load hunting rifles my uncle have.

StunnaWed 26-Mar-08 07:27 AM
1048 posts
#1710, "It's a trade off..."
In response to Reply #4

I would say that the Germans would have had a harder time taking over Europe had everyone been armed... and certainly they would have had a harder time oppressing armed Jews.

GinGaThu 27-Mar-08 10:40 PM
996 posts
#1712, "They really wouldn't have."
In response to Reply #5

That post was layered with so much NRA-style propoganda and strange naivitee toward European gun laws I'm not sure I want to touch it.

But I have to say, you're going to be wrong on both counts. Largely, because Europe was well armed post WW1. And the one country that's ALWAYS been heavy on anti-gun Law (Britain) was never invaded.

StunnaFri 28-Mar-08 08:41 AM
1048 posts
#1713, "I don't even know the secret handshake..."
In response to Reply #6

So sorry, I'm not part of the NRA

The right to keep and bear arms was written into the constitution so that if the gov't ever become oppressive the people would not be powerless to fight back. (among other reasons, probably)

Now I don't own a gun, but I am glad to know that if I felt like I was going to truly NEED one, I could quickly get my hands on one. Not necessarily for political issues, but like... what if I live in a very rural area and there are coyotes about to kill my chickens? What if I live in a very urban area (where the police don't care about prevention) and my neighbor is threatening my family. It's good to know if he kicks down my door in the middle of the night that my wife can shoot him.

I'm not saying that firearms don't need to be regulated, they do. But as a democrat, a responsible business person, a father, a husband, and a mature adult I have to say that the idea of preventing my LEGAL acquisition of a gun makes me extremely uncomfortable for a number of reasons.

GinGaFri 11-Apr-08 11:13 PM
996 posts
#1714, "Your government is oppressive...."
In response to Reply #7
Edited on Fri 28-Mar-08 11:01 AM

Just more so toward countries it's full looting than it's own people. As has been said before, it's certainly not a straight out democracy like it enjoys advertising.

In the UK, shotguns are used for animal control. If I needed to, there's two friends of mine that own shotguns and have them kept at a local gun club. Shooting animals is not a problem if it needs doing.

If someone is kicking down your front door, I don't think guns are the answer to the obvious greater social problems you're experiencing. If you're thinking along the lines of a darwinian euthanasia (I shoot criminals, less criminals, happier me), go join the eugenics group. Though I'll grant you, you would be one up on a knife or a pepper spray in this situation - it's hardly worth the multiple other downfalls of allowing guns in general. A sacrifice I'm happy making.

And may I rue the day you do kick down my door, coming to kill me and I scream 'Why Stunna?! Why didn't I get a fully automatic assault rifle for those really stubborn rabbits?!?! I could have PWNED you by now!!! GAAAAAAAAAH!'

StunnaSat 29-Mar-08 07:11 PM
1048 posts
#1717, "I'm in favor of gun control..."
In response to Reply #20

I'm not in favor of taking all the guns away from a people.

I think your thinking that I think (ouch) guns are some sort of solution to crime, violence and oppression. I do not. By the same token, I also do not think that crime, violence and oppression would go away if there were NO guns either.

One way or another crime, violence and oppression WILL exist, and given that universal truth - I, as a good guy, would prefer to have comparable arms to the bad guy.

And if -I- kicked down your door you'd need more than an automatic assault rifle. -My- roundhouse kick gave Chuck Norris cancer.

GinGaSun 30-Mar-08 05:59 PM
996 posts
#1721, "Whimper. nt"
In response to Reply #9

nt

EskelianSat 05-Apr-08 09:16 AM
2023 posts
#1723, "RE: Your government is oppressive...."
In response to Reply #20

>If someone is kicking down your front door, I don't think guns
>are the answer to the obvious greater social problems you're
>experiencing.

In general, if someone kicks in my door in the middle of the night, I have a right to defend myself, my family and my property by any and all means available to me. Whether that means mashing their skull in with a bat or putting a slug in their chest. Saying that we need to address "social issues" is of no use to someone who is threatened with death. Its an over simplified impractical answer to a problem. Shooting your attacker is a practical answer.

Truth is, if everyone in America owned a gun I wouldn't feel any less safe than I do now. I'm not sure why you'd be afraid of the law abiding general populace - especially if you have a means of defending yourself if attacked.

GinGaSat 05-Apr-08 09:09 PM
996 posts
#1724, "Shooting your attacker might be practical..."
In response to Reply #14

But again it plays into the whole regime of Fear that often drives the US.

Over the water, I'm not even slightly worried of someone bashing in my door. In the event it does happen, the chances they have a gun are next to zero. The whole point is - remove guns, and you find an oddly level playing field. Ignoring the practical problems of cleaning the US of guns in general, when you do remove guns from a country ALL deaths drop dramatically. I don't know how it is you can find ways to justify that by saying guns make you feel safer. Statistically, they make your environment a hell of a lot more dangerous.

Yhorian

CyrilMon 07-Apr-08 10:52 AM
Member since 13th Jun 2006
21 posts
#1726, "Two words: Zip gun n/t"
In response to Reply #15

asdf

GinGaMon 07-Apr-08 02:26 PM
996 posts
#1727, "Okay, I'm lost and curious now."
In response to Reply #16

The only thing I know about the world of guns, is from shooting shotguns and playing counter-strike. You're going to have to elaborate. A quick wikipedia search suggests they're one-shot fire arms that have terrible accuracy and nearly no range - that they're more like a close-combat bomb than a real gun.

Is that accurate? What's the culture behind making them? It looks like something out of a James Bond movie!

EskelianTue 08-Apr-08 07:54 AM
2023 posts
#1732, "RE: Shooting your attacker might be practical..."
In response to Reply #15

The simple fact of the matter is that if some punks break into my house, I'm not going to kick their asses Bruce Lee style. I'm simply not stupid enough to think I'm physically capable of doing that. Unloading a clip at them? That I could manage.

I don't even own a gun, I'm just saying. Guns aren't really the problem. Most gun homicides aren't between "civilians". They're amongst criminals. I'd say carrying a gun around NYC for instance is the equivalent of walking around with a helmet all day because you might trip. Still, that doesn't mean I feel people shouldn't be able to own them. The rare occassions when some 70 year old guy manages to blow away some punks trying to rob his house justify gun ownership in my eyes.

_Magus_Tue 08-Apr-08 04:55 PM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
#1733, "Re: Guns"
In response to Reply #4

The thing is, the kids may have had a gun, but most likely not. There aren't a whole lot of kids walking around with handguns or rifles or much else. A knife maybe? But they were coming home from school. There's a big risk of bringing weapons onto school property, and even kids understand that. Kids in groups just do stupid stuff (like try to steal dogs), because they give into peer pressure. It's pretty juvenile.

That said, I would've been carrying a handgun myself in that situation (I have a concealed weapons license). Expect the worst, hope for the best.

StunnaTue 25-Mar-08 05:42 PM
1048 posts
#1706, "Holy crap."
In response to Reply #0

Where do you live man? Jeeze!

Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1705 Previous topic | Next topic