Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectI don't even know the secret handshake...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=1705&mesg_id=1713
1713, I don't even know the secret handshake...
Posted by Stunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So sorry, I'm not part of the NRA :)

The right to keep and bear arms was written into the constitution so that if the gov't ever become oppressive the people would not be powerless to fight back. (among other reasons, probably)

Now I don't own a gun, but I am glad to know that if I felt like I was going to truly NEED one, I could quickly get my hands on one. Not necessarily for political issues, but like... what if I live in a very rural area and there are coyotes about to kill my chickens? What if I live in a very urban area (where the police don't care about prevention) and my neighbor is threatening my family. It's good to know if he kicks down my door in the middle of the night that my wife can shoot him.

I'm not saying that firearms don't need to be regulated, they do. But as a democrat, a responsible business person, a father, a husband, and a mature adult I have to say that the idea of preventing my LEGAL acquisition of a gun makes me extremely uncomfortable for a number of reasons.