Subject: "Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is deleted." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90863
Show all folders

Arlettien (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 09:23 PM

#90863, "Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is deleted."

This character started out so well and piddled out. Thanks to double exp and really good groupmates I managed to hero in 14 hours, even with taking some breaks to pk in the 30s.

I got to hero and prepped for most of my early life. Aura, shield, stoneskin, the works. I was doing pretty well. Got strange bracers, pk'd some more. Met Knacnar, got my #### rocked because I forgot to reduce(DOH!!!).

I got Maran, kept prepping...kept rocking house...dying some, but never much. Then I just sort of fizzled out around the 150 hour mark. I think in that way double-exp detracts, but if it hadn't happened I may not have played a character out until hero. So I have mixed feelings. I was beginning to lose interest(I assumed most people would role evil for 2*exp and wanted to help stem the tide.) As a result of losing interest I stopped gathering gold and preps and everything that a warrior who rolls solo needs to compete, especially when you roll solo into bad situations.

So a vicious cycle began to form of endless frustration where I would get angry at myself for dying so effing much. It got to the point that I didn't even take the time to buy fillets or reduces let alone harvest aura/shield. Leading to more deaths etc etc. It got so bad that I wasn't living up to the standard I had set for myself at the beginning of Arlettien's life and I wasn't enjoying logging in anymore, so I decided to let old Arlley go.

Anyway, on to goodbyes.

Adekar- You and I really got along and thank you so much for all the effort you put into Arlettien and keeping me interested. Part of the reason for this delete is because my character wasn't of the same caliber it was when I started out and that's not fair to everyone who I interact with.

Nnaeshuk- You and I jived pretty well too. You were a force as a younger squire and I hope you continue to do well as a Maran.

Tissen- Ehh. I liked you as a friend for the gifts and the help you were always willing to offer but there were a lot of things you did that made me shake my head and say to myself 'Holy BadFortRp Batman!'

Khendel- ####ing loved you and your willingness to throw down around town with me. No one else was willing to roll up into the fray like you were and I ####ing love you for that. You'd better get Maran soon.

Shudor- I'm listing you separately from Nexus, because you and I really got along and understood each other. I hope you learned some of what I had to teach you.

Knacnar- You tough ####er. I never prepped really hard against you like I should have but I have such a huge soft spot in my heart for villagers that I couldn't bring myself to overload against you.

Sidenote: One of the few times I did bring out every stop I had was when I was ####tily geared against a tough Zinsizin. I went all in with every single prep I know about and entwined her at the giant with what ended up being one hell of a fight.

Nexus- #### you all and your ganking. Light would be tipping with just me on it would seem like and you all would roll up five, six, seven man deep for the Orb. My build wasn't really crafted around fighting mages, or neutrals in general, and thus I died to you all a lot. Tack that onto your all continually raiding and the fact that I just hate the cabal in general and you get some serious anti-nexus Maran roleplay.

Arkellin- That last warrant was a joke. I use telnet so I cant log or use aliases or anything but I remember that fight. I DID NOT EVER initiate an attack against you in Hamsah Mu'tazz. I hit your groupmate, aimed at you when you autoassisted, and choked you. That's not breaking the law. That was some #### warrant you threw out on me. I came to Modan intending to throw down against you maybe get you to writhing and get a lucky five hit flurry(which is surprisingly possible with arials) and nail you. Too bad it didn't work.

Random Thoughts About Arlettien

I had the strange bracers six different times.

First dude of the fifth age to reach Purifier tier in the Fortress(Is that 50 pks? 75? I dont think I reach triple digits.)

Arctic Moon an hummingbird pendants were ever seen for the entirety of this character's life. I'm curious where those three things are.

This build(sword/whip Flow/soul) was great for fighting most people. Not shamans. I fought a lot of shamans. Bad times.

Melememelem's rots were hard to survive, even with an entire suit of +con gear and fairly high con(when she started rotting me on sight)

We almost two manned the ancient red dragon lair(Shudor and I). If there wasn't a repop, I think we could have done it. We definitely could have with the right third man.

That's all for now.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is delet..., Adekar, 06-Mar-10 03:51 AM, #33
Reply Aww man!, Patakie (Guest), 05-Mar-10 02:20 AM, #27
Reply We had some good time!, Beer, 04-Mar-10 10:46 PM, #26
Reply Shoulda asked me I knew where all three items are lol d..., aurimililis (Guest), 04-Mar-10 08:46 PM, #25
Reply RE: Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is delet..., Khendel (Guest), 04-Mar-10 07:19 PM, #19
Reply Not sure what to say., Gruth (Guest), 04-Mar-10 06:31 PM, #17
Reply RE: Not sure what to say., Isildur, 04-Mar-10 07:20 PM, #20
     Reply RE: Not sure what to say., Gruth (Guest), 04-Mar-10 07:23 PM, #21
Reply We had some really good fights!, Ckath (Guest), 04-Mar-10 05:05 PM, #15
Reply Pity you go. I liked you. nt, Tissen (Guest), 04-Mar-10 03:35 PM, #12
Reply Happy me and Arleri got you that one time., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 04-Mar-10 03:16 PM, #9
Reply You're gunna get the good ole *fistshake*, Nnaeshuk (Guest), 04-Mar-10 02:57 PM, #6
Reply RE: You're gunna get the good ole *fistshake*, Isildur, 04-Mar-10 04:21 PM, #14
Reply RE: Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is delet..., Alondarin (Guest), 04-Mar-10 01:06 PM, #4
Reply RE: Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is delet..., Arkellin (Guest), 04-Mar-10 12:57 PM, #2
Reply RE: Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is delet..., Daevryn, 04-Mar-10 12:45 PM, #1
     Reply Well., Forsakenz (Guest), 04-Mar-10 01:04 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Well., Arkellin (Guest), 04-Mar-10 01:21 PM, #5
               Reply Completely disagree on the first point., Forsakenz (Guest), 04-Mar-10 03:04 PM, #7
                    Reply FWIW, Daevryn, 04-Mar-10 03:13 PM, #8
                    Reply Explain., Forsakenz (Guest), 04-Mar-10 03:29 PM, #11
                         Reply RE: Explain., Arkellin (Guest), 04-Mar-10 04:06 PM, #13
                    Reply Dude...., Minyar1 (Guest), 04-Mar-10 03:29 PM, #10
                    Reply You are absolutely right. It is usually policy that if ..., Lhydia, 04-Mar-10 05:13 PM, #16
                         Reply Or absolutely wrong. If you're on the defending side, i..., Ex-Provost (Guest), 04-Mar-10 06:36 PM, #18
                         Reply RE: Or absolutely wrong. If you're on the defending sid..., Isildur, 04-Mar-10 07:25 PM, #22
                              Reply Pretty sure he's also had at least one other leader in ..., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 04-Mar-10 08:18 PM, #23
                         Reply Yep. I was Provost too as Yeitrai., Forsakenz (Guest), 04-Mar-10 08:36 PM, #24
                         Reply Let's be clear...so I understand., Minyar1 (Guest), 05-Mar-10 10:14 AM, #28
                         Reply Reply, Forsakenz (Guest), 05-Mar-10 10:31 AM, #29
                         Reply To be fair, Rayihn, 05-Mar-10 10:49 AM, #31
                         Reply RE: Let's be clear...so I understand., Rayihn, 05-Mar-10 10:47 AM, #30
                         Reply Laws, Aarn, 05-Mar-10 12:32 PM, #32

AdekarSat 06-Mar-10 03:51 AM
Member since 01st Jul 2009
102 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90969, "RE: Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is delet..."
In response to Reply #0

>Adekar- You and I really got along and thank you so much for
>all the effort you put into Arlettien and keeping me
>interested. Part of the reason for this delete is because my
>character wasn't of the same caliber it was when I started out
>and that's not fair to everyone who I interact with.

I enjoyed all of our chats, even though I could tell you were losing focus. I didn't bring up the Ran thing because you said you were frustrated...I just realized you had mentioned it before and we hadn't talked about it since.

Best of luck with your next--I'm glad I was able to help you enjoy your character some.

Patakie (Guest)Fri 05-Mar-10 02:20 AM

#90933, "Aww man!"
In response to Reply #0

I was hopping we could go about and travel a lot more! The fight with you Shudor and I against the ancient white dragon was quite fun! Poor Shudor hehe

BeerThu 04-Mar-10 10:46 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90926, "We had some good time!"
In response to Reply #0

I was Ovineas.

Loved the early fights then when you reached 51, I would rarely land something on you, damn it!

Classy fights

aurimililis (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 08:46 PM

#90924, "Shoulda asked me I knew where all three items are lol d..."
In response to Reply #0

lol gbreat character!

Khendel (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 07:19 PM

#90916, "RE: Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is delet..."
In response to Reply #0

So much to say about this character with so little time.

Arlettien was the big brother you wanted to hang out with. You had a pair of steel balls that chimed "I'm home!" whenever you logged in. I didn't think having the kamikaze attitude was such a bad thing because death should be a part of the acceptance that comes with being a Maran.

I think enemies hated you with a passion alone but knew they would at least get "one of those damn Fortress guys!" in the event that they were in a gank squad.

I kind of knew you were going out today by your silence but man it was so much fine while it lasted. I haven't played this game in a long, long time, so I want to thank you for helping make my return a great experience.

Gruth (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 06:31 PM

#90913, "Not sure what to say."
In response to Reply #0

Probably I'll start with saying sorry for always ganking you guys down (though I wouldn't call it a gank really, because light tips only when, you know, you guys have at least 3 or 4 guys. Usually there was the same number of nexuns as fortress members). But yeah, it sucks since your preps aren't going to really cover it all esp. against nexuns who also have vanguard. It was your choice though, I need to point out, to die all of those times. Each and every time you could have escaped, but you chose for RP reasons not to, so I don't think it is easy to complain about it.

Of our last convo: sorry, I was just sort of pissed that I died from a stupid death especially when my con isn't that high, and I sort of just linked my death to you attacking since I had decided to flee to not fight you. It was still my fault, but I guess I just was angry. :\

On a side point, nexuns imo arent really required to tell you which side sways. It should already be sort of obvious. I just choose to tell you, really.

either way, glwyn

IsildurThu 04-Mar-10 07:20 PM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90917, "RE: Not sure what to say."
In response to Reply #17

>On a side point, nexuns imo arent really required to tell you
>which side sways. It should already be sort of obvious. I just
>choose to tell you, really.

Dude. If any particular Nexus guy ever refused to tell me which side swayed, I would from that point on ALWAYS attack that guy as if he were my permanent enemy. Why? Since I can never know whether he's gunning for me, I have to assume he is.

I'm not suggesting you proactively announce the balance to every good/evil person you have the opportunity to kill. Not by any stretch of the imagination. But if someone asks and you refuse to tell them...well, then you should expect to be treated as a "hostile".

Gruth (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 07:23 PM

#90918, "RE: Not sure what to say."
In response to Reply #20

Appears there is some miscommunication. I agree with you. I didn't mean refuse to tell, I meant not obligated to tell before a raid or something.

Ckath (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 05:05 PM

#90902, "We had some really good fights!"
In response to Reply #0

To bad I let my current RL frustration bleed into my interactions with enemies regarding my gear. I can't believe how upset I was over losing a few pieces.

When I lost the strange bracers to you I really didn't complain about those, however I did try to get them back.

But yes, I went out of line quite a few times over gear.

I even sent a pray About how there should be some reminder for me each time I die in PK not to whine about it.

The next time I whined I got a message that looked something like this:

"GO GET YOUR THINGS! THEN RUN TO MOMMA AND CRY INSTEAD" or something with that sentiment. Awesome stuff whoever did that and was snooping.

Either way, I liked Arlettien, a good char. But I truly couldn't believe that you didn't remember how I beat the crap out of you in Galadon that time when you attacked me. And how you thought I was overly prepped in the duel. (I had stone skin as the only "external" affect on me.)

Tissen (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 03:35 PM

#90894, "Pity you go. I liked you. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 03:16 PM

#90890, "Happy me and Arleri got you that one time."
In response to Reply #0

You were slippery, dangerous, and competant.

All the #### is just sour grapes from people who can't understand that it's a game.

You were a tower of power (so to speak) at the beginning of the Fifth Age for the Fort. Kudos.

From Dronstyrr the Red-headed Stepchild of Mergulla

Nnaeshuk (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 02:57 PM

#90883, "You're gunna get the good ole *fistshake*"
In response to Reply #0

This is NOT what I wanted to see. Obviously, I really liked Arlettien, I hope that came through IC. Nnaeshuk isn't the most outgoing type, but I do try and let those I like know it.

I will have to damn you and your suicide runs. I'd see you charging in and I'd think, why not? Then I'd eat a stupid death and be cursing myself for not using the preps in my corpse. Bleh! I really loved your balls to the wall style and knew when you were around, things would get interesting. I'm sorry you lost interest in the character and I'm really bummed I won't be seeing my buddy Arlettien anymore.

IsildurThu 04-Mar-10 04:21 PM
5969 posts
#90899, "RE: You're gunna get the good ole *fistshake*"
In response to Reply #6

I feel your pain on the "Leroy Jenkins" phenomenon. I tend to die to that a lot too when I'm playing a character who can't conscience being cowardly and/or self-serving. When my allies charge into battle, even when I wouldn't have made that decision, I feel obligated to go with them.

Alondarin (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 01:06 PM

#90869, "RE: Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is delet..."
In response to Reply #0

Enjoyed travelling with you and watching you raid. Will post more on my own death thread. GLWN.

Arkellin (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 12:57 PM

#90866, "RE: Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is delet..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, as I explained, I was instructed to warrant you. You can be as P###ed off at me as you want, but you'll note I didn't warrant you yesterday when it happened.

And I'd say at the very least it's open to interpretation as to whether you broke the law, but you did end up fighting me, so that does mean you struck a magistrate. Seeing as I'm evil, why would I argue against the Provost when I'm instructed to issue a warrant for you? Especially after destroying the rod of conquest that I got alone when I fell to Ralue and the three of you.

And I was busy piling up the things I had taken to sort outside my guild when you upped an deleted.

Oh well, GLWYN

DaevrynThu 04-Mar-10 12:45 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#90864, "RE: Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is delet..."
In response to Reply #0

>I hit your groupmate, aimed at you when you autoassisted, and
>choked you. That's not breaking the law. That was some ####
>warrant you threw out on me.

Do you have a log or a fuller version of that story? Because that sounds like breaking the law to me from your two-sentence version.

Forsakenz (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 01:04 PM

#90868, "Well."
In response to Reply #1

A magistrate can't mark outside of jurisdiction. So if he hits his groupmate and the Magistrate autoassists - seems to me like the magistrate should be marked wanted.

I think it could be argued too that the attacker should be flagged wanted as well.

How is that not the case?

Arkellin (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 01:21 PM

#90873, "RE: Well."
In response to Reply #3

Except that it would just get stupid if you started flagging people for autoassisting their groupmates when said groupmate gets attacked. People whine enough about warrants they feel are undeserved, how bad would that end up being?

The issue Arlettien has is that your second point was enforced. He ended up fighting a magistrate out of his jurisdiction, which according to the rules of the spire (in the books in the spire) is the only time they can flag out of their jurisdiction.

Forsakenz (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 03:04 PM

#90885, "Completely disagree on the first point."
In response to Reply #5

It would not be stupid. You're responsible for your actions - turn autoassist off in cities. The hard part comes in policing it but that is fine, a Magistrate shouldn't flag without obvious proof (e.g. being in the same room and seeing attacks). How bad would that end up being? Not all that bad.

I know Trib rules and in this case you should be the one flagged. The finer point is should Arlettien...? As I said, could go either way. But remember that you engaged him first, not the other way around.

DaevrynThu 04-Mar-10 03:13 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#90888, "FWIW"
In response to Reply #7

I am not a Trib imm, but I completely disagree with you.

Forsakenz (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 03:29 PM

#90893, "Explain."
In response to Reply #8

Using Trib rules.

The only nuance I can see is the one about hitting a charmed pet to draw the owner into combat and how that is not a crime. I think that is different enough than a PC, especially if a groupmate 'defends' by casting the first offensive spell or skill before being targeted.

Otherwise I'm not sold.

Arkellin (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 04:06 PM

#90898, "RE: Explain."
In response to Reply #11

The first thing is that I did not "defend" by casting a spell. I did defend by autoassisting into combat. This is perfectly legal according to Trib rules.

Second, in response to Minyar, that warrant was issued with the blessings of the current Provost (i.e., the mortal responsible for interpretation), and I'm guessing the approval of the imms of the cabal. As a magistrate, that makes it no longer an interpretation, but an order.

You don't have to be sold, that's just how the laws are interpreted currently. You want to change that? Become Provost

Minyar1 (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 03:29 PM

#90892, "Dude...."
In response to Reply #7

Fortress folk would rescue...rescue people from Lornis all the time in town. How is that "NOT" attacking me when I wasn't fighting them. They would do it in front of Tribs and nothing was ever done. Autoassisting your gruopmate is not your fault, IMO, and it is the attackers fault for attacking them. Now...getting flagged because the Trib autoassisted in a town...well I'd say that borderline.

LhydiaThu 04-Mar-10 05:13 PM
2379 posts
#90904, "You are absolutely right. It is usually policy that if ..."
In response to Reply #7

gr

Ex-Provost (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 06:36 PM

#90914, "Or absolutely wrong. If you're on the defending side, i..."
In response to Reply #16

Exactly which Provost did you follow that stated this?

IsildurThu 04-Mar-10 07:25 PM
5969 posts
#90919, "RE: Or absolutely wrong. If you're on the defending sid..."
In response to Reply #18

Probably his own Provost: Iktul. Not sure who Iktul served under prior to becoming provost himself.

He also had Aiakalymn back in 2002.

You may not have known this, but I'm the charter member of the Jalim fan club. So I have to know these things.

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 08:18 PM

#90922, "Pretty sure he's also had at least one other leader in ..."
In response to Reply #22

NT

Forsakenz (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 08:36 PM

#90923, "Yep. I was Provost too as Yeitrai."
In response to Reply #16

Back then it was Provincial but same thing.

Minyar1 (Guest)Fri 05-Mar-10 10:14 AM

#90942, "Let's be clear...so I understand."
In response to Reply #16

If you autoassist because your groupmate was attacked...you hsould get flagged?

If you autoassist a groupmate because they attacked someone you should get flagged?

*I qualify this to say that I know one of these is true...the other has never been clearly defined so I'm asking for a response. is this a gray area that a person can decide upon, or is it black and white and most of the playerbase doesn't know?

Forsakenz (Guest)Fri 05-Mar-10 10:31 AM

#90944, "Reply"
In response to Reply #28

It has usually been left up to the interpretation of the current leader(s).

The second is usually flagged, the first isn't but can be (in my perspective).

However, Marcatis is a bit of a prude on Tribunal laws, so good luck on trying to enforce varying interpretations.

RayihnFri 05-Mar-10 10:49 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#90946, "To be fair"
In response to Reply #29

If you're a Trib imm, shouldn't you be kind of a prude about Trib Laws?

RayihnFri 05-Mar-10 10:47 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#90945, "RE: Let's be clear...so I understand."
In response to Reply #28

If a Baer paladin asks me how particular they need to be, I usually (IC) tell them to leave auto assist off in the city since it is reasonable that if a group mate of yours attacks someone and you assist, you would all be flagged if it was witnessed.

For the second one, I'd say no. But some hard ass Tribunals could probably make a case for yes.

AarnFri 05-Mar-10 12:32 PM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#90948, "Laws"
In response to Reply #16

For what it's worth, as an imm I wrote the laws and the Spire rules when we switched from Arbiter, and when playing a mortal, if I don't want to get wanted, I always turn autoassist off when grouped in cities.

Of course interpretations change over the years, so there's no reason the way I thought about it years ago needs to be the valid one. But, there it is.

Aarn

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90863 Previous topic | Next topic