Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Edika LightFeather the Gambler's G..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85041
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 23-Aug-09 02:48 PM
Member since 29th Apr 2024
16817 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85041, "(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Edika LightFeather the Gambler's Girl, Deckhand"

Sun Aug 23 14:46:02 2009

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Edika perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:640

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply About me, Edika (Guest), 23-Aug-09 03:07 PM, #1
     Reply Subject Topics, Edika (Guest), 23-Aug-09 03:09 PM, #2
     Reply :(, Oethipius (Guest), 23-Aug-09 03:20 PM, #3
     Reply RE: About me, Alietrius, 23-Aug-09 03:56 PM, #4
     Reply You'll be missed, Inverek (Guest), 23-Aug-09 07:59 PM, #9
     Reply RE: RE: About me, Edika (Guest), 24-Aug-09 10:08 AM, #12
          Reply Sorry about that..., Alietrius, 24-Aug-09 04:21 PM, #20
     Reply I might have been the drow ranger, incognito, 23-Aug-09 05:13 PM, #5
     Reply Hated you because you ran your mouth so much., Izerand (Guest), 23-Aug-09 05:44 PM, #6
     Reply Why so serious?, Derieag (Guest), 23-Aug-09 07:16 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Why so serious?, Edika (Guest), 24-Aug-09 10:12 AM, #13
     Reply You are quite welcome., thendrell, 23-Aug-09 08:33 PM, #8
     Reply Edika, Romala (Guest), 23-Aug-09 10:12 PM, #10
     Reply RE: RE: Edika, Edika (Guest), 24-Aug-09 11:15 AM, #14
     Reply Edika.., Khalla (Guest), 23-Aug-09 10:47 PM, #11
     Reply RE: RE: Edika.., Edika (Guest), 24-Aug-09 11:18 AM, #15
     Reply Blasted Minotaurs, Celenai (Guest), 24-Aug-09 11:42 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Blasted Minotaurs, Edika (Guest), 24-Aug-09 12:47 PM, #17
     Reply RE: Blasted Minotaurs, Celenai (Guest), 24-Aug-09 01:24 PM, #18
     Reply Celenai and Innhooker? No way!, Alietrius, 24-Aug-09 04:57 PM, #22
          Reply RE: Celenai and Innhooker? No way!, Celenai (Guest), 24-Aug-09 06:05 PM, #23
     Reply Nian looked up to you, Nian, 24-Aug-09 02:05 PM, #19
     Reply RE: About me, Norhm et Borom (Guest), 24-Aug-09 04:46 PM, #21
     Reply RE: About me, Edika (Guest), 25-Aug-09 01:15 AM, #24
          Reply RE: About me, Splntrd, 26-Aug-09 02:43 PM, #37
     Reply Awww, Durble (Guest), 25-Aug-09 03:15 PM, #25
     Reply RE: Awww, Edika (Guest), 25-Aug-09 08:52 PM, #31
          Reply Picked up a gambling habit?, Celenai (Guest), 26-Aug-09 04:19 PM, #38
     Reply Ah MAN, Weggetana (Guest), 25-Aug-09 04:23 PM, #26
     Reply RE: Ah MAN, Edika (Guest), 25-Aug-09 08:43 PM, #30
     Reply RE: About me, Elkae (Guest), 25-Aug-09 05:45 PM, #27
     Reply Never would have guessed..., Irony (Guest), 25-Aug-09 06:29 PM, #28
     Reply RE: Never would have guessed..., Elkae (Guest), 25-Aug-09 09:49 PM, #33
          Reply RE: Never would have guessed..., Irony (Guest), 25-Aug-09 10:14 PM, #34
               Reply Talk about irony. (n/t), Iunna, 26-Aug-09 06:50 AM, #35
                    Reply Ok..., Irony (Guest), 26-Aug-09 12:57 PM, #36
                         Reply RE: Ok..., Iunna, 26-Aug-09 06:42 PM, #39
                         Reply RE: Ok..., Elkae (Guest), 27-Aug-09 06:39 PM, #40
                              Reply b happy, Irony (Guest), 27-Aug-09 07:32 PM, #41
     Reply RE: About me, Edika (Guest), 25-Aug-09 08:40 PM, #29
          Reply RE: About me, Elkae (Guest), 25-Aug-09 09:40 PM, #32
     Reply RE: About me, Demitride (Guest), 29-Aug-09 12:04 PM, #42
     Reply Aint it fun being a mystery?, Edika (Guest), 29-Aug-09 12:37 PM, #43
          Reply RE: Aint it fun being a mystery?, Demitride (Guest), 30-Aug-09 05:48 PM, #44
     Reply Will miss you, Shyrauk (Guest), 30-Aug-09 07:55 PM, #45

Edika (Guest)Sun 23-Aug-09 03:07 PM

#85042, "About me"
In response to Reply #0

At last, I am dead. WOOT. First Age-Death character EVER. I haven’t figured out “Telnet” yet, so please forgive all the spelling mistakes. I tried not to correct myself every time, but few times I had to correct it. Let me start with the creation of this character.

Edika came to life when one of my best friends named Erica got married. It was suppose to be a throwaway character. I wanted to try out Battle OR Nexus once again. So I made a neutral/neutral arial assassin. Was going around leveling when I got in contact with Mrs. E and Renkaide. After that I decided I want to make a Herald. But I wanted to try something totally different in Heralds. Made cooks and bartenders before, but weaver was totally different and wanted try that. That’s where my story took off. Mrs. E gave me the hardest time, but it was the most fun cause ICly I was thinking of new ways to impress her and OOCly I was pissed like “What this bitch want next?” But once inducted, the fun began. Captain made me stowaway and always had awesome time talking to her.

Changed my persona a little after getting to my middle ranks, grouped mainly with good, barely with any one evil except that darn dark-elf ranger in Aran’grid (dude, I liked you hell lots but couldn’t remember your name for the life of me). Ohhh, made friends with almost all Outlanders (except Nightreaver), almost all Battle, some Tribunals, Orcs, Fort (of course), some Imperials and some Scions.

At the beginning of old age, I found an awesome group to travel and always willing to discover new places. Discovered so many places that I was surprised that those places existed. Middle of April, I had to get back on the horse and complete my MBA (Geaux Tigers!). Had to decide if I want to get PhD or go to Law School.

4 very good High Heralds I served with. I butted heads with Fyeereth few times, but we resolved our differences later on (or I would like to think we resolved our difference).

My Philosophy on Heralds:
Heralds are entertainers. If I was leader, my first thing will be you have to organize events to attracts people to the Inn. You will have a spot in the Inn as long as you organize events or do something to attract people to the Inn. Once you stop, your spot can be available to others. A lion at the circus is there to entertain people, when the lion gets old and cannot perform, its donated to the zoo. Maybe it was good I didn’t get leader or the numbers will be down to nill.

Enough about me

Neltouda: I LOVE YOU. I could sit with you and talk and not get bored. You always had time to talk to me. First time I got the seal, I was like WTF. But then took that anti-knock-out edge just to check it worked against IMMs. I barely got knocked-out after that, might be totally luck. I didn’t distinguish what religion/ethos anyone followed; just they can be guided by you. May have made you shudder few times thinking “What the Hell this one is up to?” Anyways, thank you so much, loved being on the ship and talking about it. Always at the trunk trying to keep it full. Also, I was trying to make sure that the Maiden is full of people, so I used to preach to others and tell you who might be interested.

Iunna: I think I got to interact with you because you were around almost all the time and in the same cabal. If it was any different, I don’t think I would get any attention from you. Best excuse ever “I have to go now, I have a date.” Random cute bunny was always appreciated. Tired to do girl-power in the Inn, but didn’t work. Thanks for the love potion and interaction through the gambler. Thanks for enlightening me how similar are felar speech is to dwarf speech.

Enlilth OR Beroxxus: Sent prayer upon encroaching on your shrine and apologized when you were available.

IMM Shrines:
Beroxxus, your shrine is creepy. I shuddered (IRL) when I looked at your shrine. Awesome shrine.
Enlilth, Love what you got in that pit. Tried “get all pit” few times.
Marcatis, your shrine is the most elaborate one I have ever seen.

HERALD:
Mrs. E: You had the most impact on Edika’s life. You had no idea how much I wanted to impress you. I didn’t care for IMMs at that time, just you. I loved your philosophy and loved every moment with you. I tried to extend on your philosophy but never got in Leader position (good thing I didn’t).

Celenai: INNHOOKER. I hate you, HIGH. Best friend. You were the best gambler I ever knew. I wanted to see you age die, it would have been more fun. Good luck with everything you got on your plate.

Fyeereth: We butted heads many times. After you became High Herald, we still at each other. I thought I be kicked out sooner or later. When Iktul wasn’t around, you were awesome. When he was around, you were just attached to his hip. I tried to play off as a girl who didn’t care about companionship, but with you it was impossible. I tried to play an innocent girl who talked dirty unknowingly (used double meaning words a lot). I don’t think the word “Lesbian” was coined till the early 20th century.

Zelanne: I tried to work on my own and I don’t think I would have tried to get you involved in my works if it was not for Norhm. You cool. Didn't realize that after your note and that small chat. I wish I was up more often when you were around.

Tellik: THANKS. Dude, you are knowledgeable. If I had a gold for each time you showed me things or told me where to find things or directions to something, I be a richer than you. And thanks for 3000gold. Helped out alot. I think I gambled away 1500gold.

Dereaig: Thank you for publishing my notes to all. Thank for everything. I wish you only publish my work not commentary of your own or be sarcastic with your note. I felt like all the work I did was washed down the drain by another Herald.

Neck-al-dic: I know I just butchered your name, but you cool just a little too much talking. I think there was a Herald during Celenai who wouldn’t shut-up; I think he talked himself to death. There was also a Healer during Mrs. E’s term, but somehow they don’t last long.

Baron (Alietrius): I called you kingpin for the longest time and you helped me with few things only a thief can do. Then you IMMed. I called you “Kingpin” and you got pissed. After that I just avoided talking to you.

Wendral: I hated for you to auto. Pissed me off for couple of days.

Weggetama: When I saw you, first thing I did was “Mark of Prey”. After that you duo’d or whatever, I could see you. You just need to continue what you doing if you still around. Fear the Mark.

Shyrauk: Dude, go ahead with that event. I know you can do it. You good. Thank for everything.

Arriku: Thank you for the drama and being the tea-dispensing whore.

Norhm: Norm, dude. I was always searching for some nice axes for you. I had one from Yzekon, but you deleted soon after.

I am missing many heralds. Sorry. If you guys have anything to mention (good or bad), please feel free.

THUNDERING MAIDEN:
Una: For the life of me, I can’t spell your full name. Always looked up to you. Wanted you to behave like a First Mate and bark orders, would have been fun if you did.

Nian: Fun to talk to you, awesome RP. Always around for a good time and a round of drinks. Thank you.

Jolindar: Liked talking to you. Tried to approach you and speak with you, but often couldn’t cause of your cameo and then I forgot what I was talking about.

Demitride: I had hidden motives to make you more powerful in the Empire. I mentioned what I wanted to from you, but there were couple of things I was also doing. No one will ever know, didn’t even put it in my role.

Kitty: Man, you disappeared.

Ruutob: We talked few times and nice interaction with you.

Colastinar (sp?): Dude, what happened? You were doing good and then you disappeared.

I missed few more people from the ship. Please comment if you like.

Others:
Astomel: Just go talk to Cap’n. You should be referred by a name synonym to hell. Astomel the Guide of Inferno. Do you ever come out of that place. How many trips have you taken?

Thendrell: Thank you for awesome weapons and talks. My favorite dwarf paladin. I kept those two blade for the longest time. I wish you could reforge armor. While trying to get away from Fyeereth’s bantering, I told her and Iunna that I loved you more than most other people. I thought they let me go after that, but Iunna usually asked how you doing & I tried my best not to talk about it.

Reforged Weaponmaster’s Scimitar: 11hit/11dam
Reforged Jagged Short Sword: 4 hit/11dam

Sarien: Liked you when were with Celenai, then hated you when you broke my best friend’s heart. Started to like you again because you used to randomly pop in and chat a lil. Then Arriku came along and I lost track till you IMMed and then you deleted (which sucks).

Woldrun: Drillmaster and Commander. I have no idea how we started to talk and I how I started to tell you if someone might be around hidden. We (Heralds) were betting that you becoming the commander during the rites. Alerted you few times if people came near the village and none of you guys were around. You were the only one who always said “I greet you, Edika LightFeather”. Awesome RP. Hope you enjoyed the scimitar

Nim: We travelled extensively. Thank you for showing me all those places.

Oethipius: I got pissed when you first asked me a question. I remember I was on the 2nd circle. After you got moved to Galadon, we started to talk extensively. And then started with exchanging gift. Thank you for everything.

Susu (Drillmaster Assassin): One of my Indian friends was looking over when I was playing CF and told me that kids in India say “susu” when they need to pee. So, every time I saw your name I laughed. Thank you.

Flaire & Egrelam: Loved traveling with you two. With Tellik, I knew I would be taking blows and Flaire will be hacking his way through. I wish I had more time to spare so I could travel more with you guys. I would love to see some titles/IMM exp given to people who explore everything and take on people (n00bs) like me.

Calue: I marked you few times so we can talk. Loved your attitude to come in town and just try to persuade before you attacked the spire.

Alzinghul: Liked you around the bar. I don’t think you attacked anyone in the bar after we became friends. I started writing that play and then stopped cause I lost interest. Had awesome time in your drink-to-death game with Enlilth till the stupid thief had to poison you.

Kasir: Loved talking to you cause we had common enemy, “Iktul”.

Iktul: Hated your guts, awesome RP. I would throw away or give away anything you like on me just to piss you off.

Inwe: Loved talking to you. Always fun when I had a friend who would pop out of duo and drink with me.

Thomayen: I wanted you to be guided by the Captain. I would imagine I was close before you got the juice.

Gahtho: Liked you a lot. We leveled together. I think you the only other drillmaster I really cared for. Helped you get some gear whenever I could.

Waramanga: WARA? You and Gahtho helped me to many times in leveling. We cleaned out the mausoleum like 10times so I can completed that darn quest.

Outlander Druid: Dude, I can’t remember your name right now, but whenever I saw you, it meant I am gonna level.

NEXUS:
You guys are given “Eyes of Equilibrium” for a reason. Lastname has no implication on alignment. I got attacked couple of times cause some retard didn’t have his “eyes” up and saw LightFeather and attacked when light was heavy. But after Cabnil, it did not happen.

Many people I am forgetting. Edika lived for a long time and I dragged on for more. Please comment if you like.

If anyone can spare some money and buy my PBF, that will be awesome. Thank you in advance.

Edika (Guest)Sun 23-Aug-09 03:09 PM

#85043, "Subject Topics"
In response to Reply #1

I was thinking to post in different topics. By posted all of them together in once. Sorry for the confusion.

Oethipius (Guest)Sun 23-Aug-09 03:20 PM

#85045, ":("
In response to Reply #1

haha that first tell to you was just like a whistle of appreciation at isylvharn's cloak. that was a damn good cloak. i didn't actually want anything from you.

thanks for all the interactions and exchanges of gear, though you could have given me those things before you died!

i'll miss >>>TAGGING<<< you!

AlietriusSun 23-Aug-09 03:56 PM
Member since 07th Nov 2008
66 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85049, "RE: About me"
In response to Reply #1

> Baron (Alietrius): I called you kingpin for the longest time and you
> helped me with few things only a thief can do. Then you IMMed. I
> called you “Kingpin” and you got pissed. After that I just avoided
> talking to you.

I don't remember getting pissed, I just tried to tell you nicely that I wasn't Kingpin anymore. Clearly I failed, sorry about that.

I must say though, after seeing how you reply on the forums with perfect grammar/etc and then seeing how you spoke in game made me almost go insane.

After I deleted Alietrius and quit for 6-7 months, I rolled something up, something that has interacted with you, and we were never really enemies, but you were always a sour, angry bitch. I'm sorry whatever happened to make you like that, but god damn!

My advice to you, is get a client to MUD with aside from base Telnet, one that keeps what you're typing on one line, like ZMUD/CMUD, and you'd probably be taken a lot better by many of the playerbase.

Good luck with your next.

Inverek (Guest)Sun 23-Aug-09 07:59 PM

#85062, "You'll be missed"
In response to Reply #4

Always up for interacting, wish I could have more.

Edika (Guest)Mon 24-Aug-09 10:08 AM

#85090, "RE: RE: About me"
In response to Reply #4

I am sorry if you found me sour. I tried to help as many people as possible. I was asked by many to help when I was busy or sitting around and didn't want to move.

You have to realize, I was a neutral/neutral assassin of the Herald. I did not have to support any side except mine. If you sat down and talked for sometime, I made sure to help you. If you joined the crew (Thundering Maiden) and I was there, you got a gift. If you join the Herald and I was there, most probably you received something.

I killed the Midnight dragon 1000times (Maybe not that many time) and kept all the stuff in the Deep Cellar. I gave up my own stuff at times.

Again, I apologies for being a BITCH to you.

AlietriusMon 24-Aug-09 04:21 PM
66 posts
#85108, "Sorry about that..."
In response to Reply #12

"Sour, angry bitch" might have been a bit much... Our characters just weren't friends, we were what I'd call acquaintances.

On occasion you'd just randomly (so it seemed) get all angry or upset at me like maybe you took something that I said wrong, as if you had a split personality (maybe you did?).

incognitoSun 23-Aug-09 05:13 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85054, "I might have been the drow ranger"
In response to Reply #1

Caverner beastmaster. But I can't remember my name either. heh

Izerand (Guest)Sun 23-Aug-09 05:44 PM

#85056, "Hated you because you ran your mouth so much."
In response to Reply #1

Good job on living so long though.

Derieag (Guest)Sun 23-Aug-09 07:16 PM

#85060, "Why so serious?"
In response to Reply #1

I knew it would irritate you when I injected some life into your note, but asking a drunken comic to publish something so darned dry as your encyclopedia entry was like asking me to drive a roofing nail through my foot. It was all for the RP, and as I recall a week earlier I had written a parody of someone else's post.

Congratulations on your age death. It is a test of commitment. Well done.

Edika (Guest)Mon 24-Aug-09 10:12 AM

#85091, "RE: Why so serious?"
In response to Reply #7

You could have informed me of your temperment changes. I had couple of bard who would have done it exactly the I wanted it to be. The way you did it was like:

I asked a cake to be delivered. You pissed all over the cake and then delivered it.

Anyways, left not get hangup on one thing. I enjoyed your RP. Loved when you were around prior to the event. I think we traveled a bit, but not sure. Thank you for everything.

thendrellSun 23-Aug-09 07:37 PM
Member since 08th May 2009
134 posts
#85061, "You are quite welcome."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sun 23-Aug-09 08:33 PM

I was largely an explore character so I always had nice swords I had no need for. Thendrell was a mason and a smith of the paragon, so seeing his works used by others gave him a lot of joy. Iunna probably did not like thendrell cause of ysal and all, and he did not know much of fyeereth cause of iktul, but if not for the elves you would have been his favorite partner for adventure, if for nothing more than the consistent flow of booze.

I saw you with lots of characters since Thendrell died, always smiled when I saw you still had those blades.

Romala (Guest)Sun 23-Aug-09 10:12 PM

#85070, "Edika"
In response to Reply #1

I wasn't sure if you really didn't like me or not, at the beginning, but I knew if I kept paying my dues we'd be friends. It's a shame we didn't get a chance to run around longer, congrats on the age death.

Edika (Guest)Mon 24-Aug-09 11:15 AM

#85095, "RE: RE: Edika"
In response to Reply #10

If you were a Crew-member, you were instant hit with Edika. But every new member who came to the Herald got a lil hard time from Edika. You had it bad as IMM (Neltouda) inducted you. So, I had to give you hard time.

You doing good. Continue with you events.

Khalla (Guest)Sun 23-Aug-09 10:47 PM

#85077, "Edika.."
In response to Reply #1

Damn you were around for ever.

You made some slow times fun for me and always made it a point to initiate conversation. Which is rare and appreciated.

I enjoy characters like Edika keep them coming.

Edika (Guest)Mon 24-Aug-09 11:18 AM

#85096, "RE: RE: Edika.."
In response to Reply #11

You were one of my very good friends from long ago. I tried to remember how I became friends with most of the people, I think I can recount most. For you, its was just a small chat that turned into a lifelong friendship.

I tried to make it interesting for you with drinks. Thank you for all the fun.

Celenai (Guest)Mon 24-Aug-09 11:42 AM

#85097, "Blasted Minotaurs"
In response to Reply #1

When Flaire first said that, I was like, "Oh no..." I absolutely hated how innhooker stuck. Well, with you it did. I tried to get serious about it a few times, but you wouldn't take the hint, or maybe just didn't care. I almost uninducted you over it a couple of times, but Celenai did like Edika so she let it slide.

I had a lot of trouble reading Edika, I think most people did. She was quite enigmatic. I got a few complaints about you, but I took them with a grain of salt because I knew it was hard to comprehend your true intentions and I knew your heart was completely in it. You kept up an ethusiasm your entire life which is very commendable.

My only complaint with Edika was that you demanded respect from the younger Heralds, but you yourself wouldn't stop calling me Innhooker!

Edika (Guest)Mon 24-Aug-09 12:47 PM

#85100, "RE: Blasted Minotaurs"
In response to Reply #16

I think it has been a problem for Edika to be at times a lil demanding. I don't think I put in the role. I tried to experiment with few things:

1. Learn as go. I wanted to come off as n00b at the starting and then learn the ropes as life progressed. I didn't want to be an avatar-child who was know-it-all. I wanted a learning process for the character.

2. The progression of mood swings through the ages. How old people become more interested as what is left behind when they are gone? They explore what is death and how it affects them. (I wish I included this in the role).

I am sorry if I came off like that. Thanks for the comment.

Celenai (Guest)Mon 24-Aug-09 01:24 PM

#85101, "RE: Blasted Minotaurs"
In response to Reply #17

Wait, so were you really knowledgable about the game but didn't let on until later? That is something I noticed, you seemed to learn areas and what not really quickly.

AlietriusMon 24-Aug-09 04:57 PM
66 posts
#85110, "Celenai and Innhooker? No way!"
In response to Reply #16

No offense to you Cel, but I took you for a prude, maybe because I wasn't around when you were flirting up with those elves who deleted on you...

Or maybe because I had feathers instead of being an elf myself, hah.

Celenai (Guest)Mon 24-Aug-09 06:05 PM

#85111, "RE: Celenai and Innhooker? No way!"
In response to Reply #22

She was a prude at times, others she was a complete flirt. One thing's for certain though, I'll never play a Herald invoker again. Eventually, a minotaur will call you invoker.

NianMon 24-Aug-09 02:05 PM
Member since 05th Jun 2009
77 posts
#85102, "Nian looked up to you"
In response to Reply #1

When he was still feeling his way around the Maiden, you (and Jolindar) helped out a bunch and were always ready for a chat, I appreciated that. And than later I sorta surpassed* you by getting tat'ed, but Nian was happy to know you at least had some part in it and he definitely respected you a lot.

Other than that, we had totally different views on the world that is Thera, yet made them meet nicely whenever we could. Sadly, hide is so anti-social

OOCly I think you played the neutral Herald very well. You were approachable and nice, without being too gratuituous about it.

I look forward to meeting you with the next!

* If that's the word for it. I definitely did not think less of you for it ...

Norhm et Borom (Guest)Mon 24-Aug-09 04:46 PM

#85109, "RE: About me"
In response to Reply #1

First, a small point RE: Nexus. You said yourself in this thread that you tended to group almost exclusively with goodies, and killed lots of baddies. Therefore, you tended to aid Good. So if Good was in power, it would make sense to kill you, too, even if you're not the "best" target for them to be piking.

Secondly, RE: Heralds.

I personally believe most of the in-game newbie help-type stuff about Herald is somewhat misleading and outdated. It's true, that most of the stuff in game supports primarily the notion of entertaining, but there's a lot more to Herald philosophy than that, and I don't think you ever quite got that, and I don't think anyone ever tried to explain it to you. Basically, the fact that you felt like an ESL Noob at the beginning, combined with the fact that you were obviously struggling at just the basic "entertainer" role created a wall of miscommunication and lackofcommunication that made most of the Heralds who could have helped you understand more about Herald (including, probably, the Imms) reluctant to try.

I encourage you to try another Herald, but you should do it with these questions in mind:

1) Why do Heralds entertain?
2) How do people benefit from events?
3) Assuming everything that happens in Thera contributes to a "Force", like Light/Dark Chaos/Order, and so forth, how do you think Heralds contribute to the balance (or imbalance)?

Basically, while you've got the "small picture" of Herald down (entertain, be nice, etc.), I never felt like you were even aware of the "big picture" philosophy of Herald, which is where the real meat of the cabal lies. When you can tap into that, I think you'll find Herald much more interesting.

Overall, congrats on heroing and sticking it out to age death, that's two up on me!

Edika (Guest)Tue 25-Aug-09 01:15 AM

#85122, "RE: About me"
In response to Reply #21

I had the urge to respond is anger, but I had to think before I could respond. I realized that it’s hard to comprehend the philosophy behind Herald. It can be interpreted in many ways and that allows each leader (High Herald) to mold the cabal according their philosophy. Please try to comprehend few points I mentioned below.

1. From the inception of this cabal, the members were never allowed or EXTREMELY frowned upon if they raided another cabal. That means good/evil/chaos/order is out the window. So as a goodie, one can’t help raid the Empire or Scion. Balance/Imbalance, Whatever.

2. It is also frowned upon if the Inn is used as a hideout from the infractions committed against others. So, you can’t just go on stealing or killing outside the Inn and when the heat turns up, you take refuge in the Inn. Look at the Immortal Comments on Tellik’s PBF.

3. One does not work in the Inn as one does for the Spire or any other cabal. Basically, it means that you are there on your own time. So, you sit down and chat with people. Spin tales (tale teller), work on novels/drama/books (scribe), sew dresses (seamstress), paint (weaver), and entertain with mixing drinks and cooking. Do any of these professions within the Inn reflect that one has to involve oneself in the political power struggle of Thera? Why the Inn doesn’t have the bouncer position?

4. If all one does is adventure/explore, then why have a cabal? There has to be a reason for the cabal. Do all events have to have a value-adding to Thera or its populace? Tell me a benefit of an event organized by seamstress or cook or barkeep in their area of profession. I do not believe that all events have to be beneficial.

5. As you mentioned, I have “two up” on you and I still do not get the “Big Picture”. Maybe you can show me with an awesome character that surpasses all the achievements and perfectly follows the “Big Picture”. I implore you to make a character that age-die/HeroImm. I did not say con-die as the Heralds are not Villagers.

I would love for Immortals/Veteran Player to chime in.

******************************************************************************************
Nexus Matter:
I was walking around with a fortress healer (Acolyte) and paladin when a shifter (Cyrn or whatever his name was) flew to me and attacked me. Never before that did I talk to him. When asked about the balance, he mentioned that the light tipped. So instead of attacking Acolyte & Paladin, attack the assassin? So, if that shifter had “Eye of the Equilibrium” up, he could have seen that I didn’t have any aura at all. I do not recall the second event.

**********************Water under the bridge, really don’t care. **********************

SplntrdWed 26-Aug-09 02:40 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85180, "RE: About me"
In response to Reply #24
Edited on Wed 26-Aug-09 02:43 PM

I've been playing Heralds almost exclusively for almost 10 years. I don't really need to prove myself to your superiority complex by heroimming.

To re-state my point, while the way you rationalize yourself is interesting, I still think you'd do better, struggle less, be more liked, and have more fun with the cabal if you cast aside your preconceptions next time and take the time to explore the other possibilities of the cabal, with the guidance of a High Herald or an Imm. It does not exist in a vacuum, as you suggest.

Splntrd

Durble (Guest)Tue 25-Aug-09 03:15 PM

#85131, "Awww"
In response to Reply #1

You were great. We didnt hang out a ton, but i only stole from you that once I think, not sure you caught me. But when you started dropping gifts at me here and there i couldnt bring myself to rob you, I liked your char way too much to mess with you :p

Anyhow, good luck next time!

Edika (Guest)Tue 25-Aug-09 08:52 PM

#85148, "RE: Awww"
In response to Reply #25

I think I remember you stealing from me, but then again I had too much in my inventory and it was dragging me down. Because of the weight issue, I couldn't dodge well. So, I had to give away alot of stuff.

Whoever got the floating chest from my corpse, got lucky. I had the following thing in it (the ones I remember):
Pouch of Nourishment - 5
Chest of Inebriation - 2
Orb of Travel - 6
Gem of Protection - 2
Herb of Cleansing - 3
Sleeping Pills - 8
Everfull Skin - 2
Pill Box - 1
Blessed Obulus - 7
Whistlewood Seeds - 16
Journeyman Boots - 1
Scorpion Sting - 1 (Worthless Dagger. Worst dagger I have ever seen. You get when you match all 3.)
and few other goodies...

Most of it was given to me by different people. If I really wanted to have a collection, I could have over 30 of each of the things Gambler hands out.

Celenai (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 04:19 PM

#85183, "Picked up a gambling habit?"
In response to Reply #31

I noticed your title was the gambler's girl. I wish I'd been around for that. 30 of each? That would have been a lot of ducks to feed!

Weggetana (Guest)Tue 25-Aug-09 04:23 PM

#85135, "Ah MAN"
In response to Reply #1

Well what can I say, we were together quiet awhile.

My first impression of you was the same as my last impression, a great "sister" even if you had feathers and a gambler friend that "stole" from me often.

Everyone always said watchout for Edika she's hot as fire most times, but we "meshed" great!

Loved the "Mommy" stuff towards the end, and sorry we didn't really travel together much, but we did pull some patrons to the Inn.

The "Mark of Prey" thing....when I read that....I litterly slapped my palm to my forehead. I've played plenty of assassins and should have figured that out!

As a player I'll miss you 101%, you were solid even if your ideas for Herald didn't always mesh well with others. Personally I never had ANY issue with you, and even looked you to your dedication to your role.

GLWTN!

Wegge

Edika (Guest)Tue 25-Aug-09 08:43 PM

#85147, "RE: Ah MAN"
In response to Reply #26

I will miss hanging out with you. Be around more often. You have alot of potential just need to put in a lil time.

Goodluck.

Elkae (Guest)Tue 25-Aug-09 05:45 PM

#85141, "RE: About me"
In response to Reply #1

Ugh, thank god. You seriously annoyed the hell out of me every time you talked over the life of a few Heralds I've done <.<

Irony (Guest)Tue 25-Aug-09 06:29 PM

#85143, "Never would have guessed..."
In response to Reply #27

...that you have had more than one character much less multiple heralds. This is very much a case of the pot calling the kettle black and such...

If Elkae is any representation of your natural charisma, I'm sure the list is forgetful, whether short or long.

That being said, I'll wait to give you the full run down with actual constructive advice when you die or auto delete, as opposed to whatever you think it is you're doing that's worthwhile here or in game.

Elkae (Guest)Tue 25-Aug-09 09:49 PM

#85150, "RE: Never would have guessed..."
In response to Reply #28

Awww, bawww, someone in game doesn't like how I do things in a game. I should just run off to my room and cry. Maybe I'll grow my hair out and brush it to cover one of my eyes, and start listening to AFI and My Chemical Romance, too!

Irony (Guest)Tue 25-Aug-09 10:14 PM

#85151, "RE: Never would have guessed..."
In response to Reply #33

I stand corrected? Clearly you're as spot on in your keen observation about my musical likes and style preferences, as you are about everything in your life. So I won't tax your vast abilities i this regard and will state it plainly.

From my in-game experience with you, you're not very imaginative, have no real personality, whine when you do foolish things that get you killed, and even then, if someone tries to find out what happened, so that they might be able to help you, come off as such a jerk, that I found myself rooting for you to get killed more and soon. Maybe I missed a meeting, but antagonizing, alienating and arguing over the cabal channel with fellow cabal members to the point that even those not involved think you're a first class ahole wasn't what I thought being a herald was all about. But I'll bow to your vast experience playing one. Keep in mind, if you had been witty, or even over the top glib and funny in your arguing, attacks and so forth, it would have been entertaining. But you weren't... so outside of that, my advice would be, It's better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove yourself to be one.

peace chicken grease

IunnaWed 26-Aug-09 06:50 AM
473 posts
#85159, "Talk about irony. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #34

>It's better
>to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and
>prove yourself to be one.

Irony (Guest)Wed 26-Aug-09 12:57 PM

#85179, "Ok..."
In response to Reply #35

I don't know what to say to that exactly. He bags on someone who had a lot more presence than he did, in their death thread, without giving a semblance of anything useful. Then when I call him on it, he goes emo stereotype, which isn't all that imaginative either. I cite the why's and wherefore's and I get shown up for some reason?

Allagedly this is a herald who has played 300+ hours of herald on multiple heralds but didn't know some basic things about what heralds should and should not do and had to be told if he kept it up he'd get the boot?

So I suppose I'll stand corrected and let it go at that, no point in getting involved even with firsthand experience of the situation, if you're gonna get nailed for it for no apparent reason.

IunnaWed 26-Aug-09 06:42 PM
473 posts
#85203, "RE: Ok..."
In response to Reply #36

I'm not really saying anyone here is a great Herald and should be
commended for it. I just have no idea who the hell you are, and it's
easy to point fingers from behind a shield of anonymity. If you're a
current character, my best suggestion is to not get involved in this
kind of thread.

Elkae (Guest)Thu 27-Aug-09 06:39 PM

#85285, "RE: Ok..."
In response to Reply #36

I love how you automatically think I'm calling you emo when I responded with "_I_ should go do this and that because someone in a game made a negative comment about me." Also, the whole "omgz u cant do that" thing was attacking a cabal mob. Oh noez. #### we use to do all the time as Heralds.

Irony (Guest)Thu 27-Aug-09 07:32 PM

#85292, "b happy"
In response to Reply #40

Actually it was the following that struck me as an emo reference, though to be fair I'm not overly familiar with either band, to the point of not knowing one of them at all.

I should just run off to my room and cry. Maybe I'll grow my hair out and brush it to cover one of my eyes, and start listening to AFI and My Chemical Romance, too!

I think Iunna had the right of it and gave good advice.

Edika (Guest)Tue 25-Aug-09 08:40 PM

#85146, "RE: About me"
In response to Reply #27

Few Heralds in my lifetime? Those must have been the annoying ones that auto'd or deleted without much achievement. I did not like you a bit. I sent a note to Zalenne, Iunna and Neltouda about it. I never actually asked them about the result. I think Zalenne is being too kind to not kick you out.

Over the CB you always said that I should just die. Kind of annoying. Then said Zalenne should choke/kill himself so you can become the High Herald. Buddy, Heralds are NOT the new Scions. You do not conspire against your own people. If you want to do that and if you have the ability to cut it, try scions.

Elkae (Guest)Tue 25-Aug-09 09:40 PM

#85149, "RE: About me"
In response to Reply #29

You're ridiculous, you know that? Sarcasm and joking with people isn't serious. NOTHING about the character is serious. I heard about the note, you just take things wrong. Also, the Heralds I've had have all been heroes and 300+ hours each. I've just been busy with 64 hour work weeks + classes for now, so not able to get up that many hours at the moment.

Demitride (Guest)Sat 29-Aug-09 12:04 PM

#85372, "RE: About me"
In response to Reply #1

I liked you you were almost like an imm for me, guiding me down my rocky path and at times when I was ready to give up on the char. You were there to aid, now that were both dead youll share those motives?

Edika (Guest)Sat 29-Aug-09 12:37 PM

#85373, "Aint it fun being a mystery?"
In response to Reply #42

Its not in my role and neither did I voice it anywhere. On my PBF, there is no role, so you can't check either.

I am missing Best Equipment too, makes me a lil sad.

Demitride (Guest)Sun 30-Aug-09 05:48 PM

#85408, "RE: Aint it fun being a mystery?"
In response to Reply #43

*sigh* If you wont tell me ah well, all Ill say is your awesome. Remember me and Glwyn.

Shyrauk (Guest)Sun 30-Aug-09 07:55 PM

#85427, "Will miss you"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry for this being so late I was torn between posting here or waiting till I die. I thought Edika was really cool, though we didn't get to explore together as much as I would have liked. Regardless, it was always nice to see another herald around, especially one that was fun to hang out with and listen to.

You're definitely missed and I wish you the best with whatever you try next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #85041 Previous topic | Next topic