Subject: "(DEL) Zefarah the Ever-Fashionable Protector of Faith" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8103
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 31-Jul-02 09:47 AM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8103, "(DEL) Zefarah the Ever-Fashionable Protector of Faith"

Wed Jul 31 11:45:41 2002

2 o''clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Long Shadows on the Theran calendar Zefarah perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:527
PK Ratio:25% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thanks..., Ciakaer (Guest), 05-Aug-02 02:23 AM, #28
Reply RE: (DEL) Zefarah the Ever-Fashionable Protector of Fa..., Mayesha, 31-Jul-02 05:15 PM, #13
Reply Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells), MistressZefarah (Guest), 31-Jul-02 12:24 PM, #5
Reply RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells), Cercanopuno (Guest), 31-Jul-02 12:51 PM, #6
Reply RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells), Taithin, 31-Jul-02 01:56 PM, #7
Reply RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells), MistressZefarah (Guest), 31-Jul-02 02:21 PM, #8
Reply RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells), Racli, 31-Jul-02 04:23 PM, #10
Reply RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells), MistressZefarah (Guest), 31-Jul-02 05:14 PM, #12
Reply RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells), Jiellon (Guest), 31-Jul-02 04:57 PM, #11
Reply RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells), Dranolian (Guest), 31-Jul-02 09:37 PM, #14
Reply RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells), MistressZefarah (Guest), 01-Aug-02 02:33 AM, #18
     Reply RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells), Dranolian (Guest), 01-Aug-02 03:08 AM, #19
          Reply RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells), MistressZefarah (Guest), 03-Aug-02 08:06 PM, #25
Reply RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells), Eroek (Guest), 31-Jul-02 11:12 PM, #15
Reply Ok, now Ive gotta know., Oddjob, 01-Aug-02 09:17 AM, #21
Reply I'm impressed., The GRC (Guest), 03-Aug-02 12:47 PM, #22
Reply RE: I'm impressed., Hmmph (Guest), 03-Aug-02 01:51 PM, #23
Reply Thanks for the rave review ..., MistressZefarah (Guest), 03-Aug-02 07:51 PM, #24
     Reply God you are self obsessed. I even liked your damned cha..., Larcat, 03-Aug-02 11:40 PM, #26
          Reply Widdengrub you little bugger, I can't believe I forgot ..., MistressZefarah (Guest), 04-Aug-02 12:47 AM, #27
Reply Great great great character. (from my two interactions), Meelus (Guest), 05-Aug-02 05:40 AM, #29
Reply RE: Great great great character. (from my two interacti..., MistressZefarah (Guest), 05-Aug-02 02:39 PM, #30
Reply RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells), Jevanah (Guest), 05-Aug-02 02:51 PM, #31
Reply RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells), MistressZefarah (Guest), 05-Aug-02 06:02 PM, #32
Reply What a ride, Couillard, 05-Aug-02 11:36 PM, #33
     Reply RE: What a ride, MistressZefarah (Guest), 06-Aug-02 01:25 AM, #34
Reply Official Statement and Character Concept(Boring, Endles..., MistressZefarah (Guest), 31-Jul-02 12:05 PM, #4
Reply Ewww, Daiken (Guest), 01-Aug-02 01:18 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Ewww, Daiken (Guest), 01-Aug-02 01:30 AM, #17
          Reply (PK) Daiken, the embodiment of British Panache, MistressZefarah (Guest), 01-Aug-02 03:34 AM, #20
Reply RE: (DEL) Zefarah the Ever-Fashionable Protector of Fa..., BattleCharmed, 31-Jul-02 11:00 AM, #3
Reply RE: (DEL) Zefarah the Ever-Fashionable Protector of Fa..., MistressZefarah (Guest), 31-Jul-02 02:40 PM, #9
Reply I said my goodbye in my post. n/t, Vladamir, 31-Jul-02 10:42 AM, #2
Reply Where's my massage?, Jiellon (Guest), 31-Jul-02 10:01 AM, #1

Ciakaer (Guest)Mon 05-Aug-02 02:23 AM

#8104, "Thanks..."
In response to Reply #0

You bloody saved Ciakaer what... three times? I found it hard to believe you would, I only gave you a staff you had no use for. Kahlrav got the drop on me for ONCE solo and you pulled me out. You healed me when I had 2%hp left and he hit me the second after you healed me. Damn that was close. You don't remember me... that is the only interaction we had... but I wanted ya to know I appricated it.

MayeshaWed 31-Jul-02 05:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8105, "RE: (DEL) Zefarah the Ever-Fashionable Protector of Fa..."
In response to Reply #0

Damnit. Another one bites the dust, figuratively speaking.

I must say, if there's one thing I regret... it's not giving you my old tattoo back when I was still alive. And after Mayesha got smacked down, I didn't really have a way to give it to you anymore. You played the vanity sphere just perfectly, making me snicker to myself a few times I watched you silently. Which usually ended up with me wanting to make some kind of an appearance - the whole "cat posessed by the DEVIL!" thing was improvisation since I wanted to hang around somehow.

Thanks for the good times, Zeffy. And yeah, I made the (special item hidden in my new shrine) since you asked for one. I could've had a pear tree instead, so think of what that means! Hah! Stupid limit of 10 items...

--
Mayesha, the Fuzzy Undercover Minion of Floofi
MP3 of the day:
Machinae Supremacy - Apex Ultima

MistressZefarah (Guest)Wed 31-Jul-02 12:24 PM

#8106, "Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells)"
In response to Reply #0

Mayesha: A great matchup. Catty, zany, and stylishly distinctive. A fela goddess with a Cockney accent (Sounds like it) and her drow follower with an Elizabethan accent is just .. utterly rich. She embraced Zefarah from the beginning, and kept an active interest in her throughout her life. There was a lot of energy and physical closeness in the interaction. For all the flames IMMs get for not interacting enough with their followers, this will be the opposite. Mayesha worked about as hard as anyone in allowing Zefarah to thrive. There is no way I’m going to be able to follow this act, because you had the perfect environment and storyline to keep her around. Your disappearance and working behind the scenes basically magnified the attention Zefarah received, and that's what it takes to keep her successful. But see you soon. Marvelous, darling, mwuah!

Arvam: Great job setting up dinner for her and waiting tables during her dinner date. That was brilliant. You will be an excellent servant for the Parlour Girls.

Divox: A distinguished client who gave her two of his bodyguards. She loved hearing about his girl problems. You’re just too nice, Divox! You need to be more tyrannical.

Dakizar: Patient, wise, and arrogant. The sort of deadly, coldly intelligent, and subtly charming character that Parlour Girls like.

Mhuybirra: A fela masseuse who joined ranks with Zefarah. You should see her massages. Just grrrrrreat.

Theddledim: Cute but jumpy. A generous donor. I really was convinced you were a paranoid player OOC, because you showed all the signs of paranoid disorder.

Rogilimack: Hilarious character, helped him rank in his younger days. Paid her hundreds of thousands in copper for her help. I didn’t think it was Theddledim, because this character was fierce. However, I had a brief suspicion from his affinity for the shire, and the way he would give her money similar to how Theddledim did, and also one other reason which you will find out later. ORC!

Jiellon: A new character that came at the tail end of her life, but seemed to know quite a bit about Zefarah’s household affairs and Mayesha. Wonder who you were in the past.. anyhow, would have been interesting to see what you really knew.

Asielith: A fierce porcupine who led her around a few times. Fun traveling with you. Watch out for Xoltrander. He will tool any shifter.

Phoden: Another porcupine, and her master of arms for her bodyguards.

Raliyas: Stole more things from her than any gang-bang full-loot session could match, without laying a finger on her. They need to make blade barrier prevent theft, damn it! That’s alright, though. Stargher gave you some good spankings for your naughtiness.

Annette: A friend and donor who hero’d Zefarah almost single-handedly. I hope you treat you-know-who as well as you treated Z!

Tarlin, Deltine, Jendai, Cheli: All servants/bodyguards who made their way onto the payroll

Inthulstrea: The primary servant who left along with her to the Underdark. Polished and extremely loyal. Played the servant role to a tea, and really helped recreate the domestic setting I’ve always wanted to see in a drow house relationship. It all came to a head when Zef fell to the maran/drake gangbang, and Inthulstrea dropped everything he had to salvage 90% of her things. This is roleplay at its best. No one drops their phat set just so they can salvage someone else’s high-heels, hairbrushes, and mirrors. Very few mortal characters enjoy this kind of loyalty. I would say I envied Inthulstrea. I have always wanted to play a servant character, but I could never find the mistress. Here, we had both crucial elements in place. Aside from Mayesha, this was the character that put the most work into her. As for the sooner-than-expected departure, you entered her life around her 400th hour. A sudden exit like this will ensure that the experience did not go stale, and you will always be intrigued by what more could have happened. Also, she is the kind of girl that a guy will leave his wife for, so you best get back to your woman and snap out of it. I would also say that I am touched that someone can recognize and appreciate my character portrayal – enough to research it and dedicate 150 hours of their own character to support it. I did not have to explain anything, and Inthulstrea was able to match this concept step by step. The NY thing is even more crazy, because I think of NY’s corporate world in implementing the Parlour. Maybe that was it - NY. This has to be one of the deepest, most rewarding interactions I have ever seen.

Darantin: Svirf/drow warrior who left the Rift to serve Zefarah. Again, she loves those Nexans! A tormented, drow-mix character with stylish interpretation of the drow culture. Zefarah will take good care of Kyorla for you. Too bad you deleted!

ENTROPY: Primarily just Samtuka, another zany and unique character who was Zefarah’s roommate. A close relationship. Ulfin also was entertaining.

TRIBUNAL: Generally nice to her - Eskelian, Deigreck, Lobengula, Nraglathoc.

BATTLE: Probably the most fun cabal to follow around. Shamus, Tambra, Rhuean, Eroek, Koogar interacted with her on multiple occasions. She mainly liked Rhuean and Eroek, but Eroek disappeared, so Rhuean became her favorite. Unfortunately, you all die too much to be able to converse beyond a superficial level.

DAWN: Mainly Barpasar, who would visit her on occasion.

MARAN/Drakes: Not really an issue, since she avoided most confrontations. A bit out of control, but I understand this is all good fun, and I don’t really care who dies. At any rate, Zefarah was played at a level where deaths to her person were rather inconsequential – the organization surrounding her ensured her longevity and protection. For example, her one hero death was already pre-paid for ten times over, via Dranolian, Stargher, and other bodyguards who were loyal to her. At any rate, I am sure you are all entertaining to interact with on the opposite end, as I thought Wasarbre was entertaining (“Hello der, pretty lady”). As for Gorach, you’re a bard with guts, and I respect anyone who’s willing to get axed by Stargher and keep coming after him like a junkyard dog. You would be a good bodyguard for a Parlour Girl in another incarnation with your willingness to jump into a fray.

NEXUS: Sent many clients to her with aching bodies. Cute little gnomes getting tooled by villager mace specs and coming to her for TLC. Oh, wait.. Fearsome Seekers of Balance, I mean. Thalongrim and Cercanopuno, Gyrsdhan, Garlinthas, Kwancheung spoke with her or traveled on numerous occasions.

SYLVAN: Basically guerilla-war faring terrorists. Shalven harassed her the most, waylaying clients in front of her house. Hilarious, actually. Good thing Dullameh and Dranolian were around to rid her of this problem. He never came back afterwards.

SCION: The cabal that most actively involved itself with her. She only wanted clients and fashionable clothing for her own evil massage business from them. Romantic interest in some of the members made it a complicated affair that is hard to label. Anyhow, Daiken, Lyrxovia, Fauqi, Kalraak, Dwoggurd, all traveled with her more than once.

Dullameh: Didn’t interact too deeply, but you seemed about as personable as a lich can be, and helped scare Shalven away, which she remembers.

Orinah/Stargher: Worked the most to obtain things for her, and were experienced characters. Stargher probably accounts for 65% of her net wealth. Zefarah liked Stargher more, because he had vulnerabilities. I knew it was Orinah immediately – the aliases are a dead giveaway. I couldn’t help but laugh every time I interacted with Stargher, mainly because I know it was Orinah. Two things stand out that I find humerous. First is Stargher’s “nod” alias – it reminds me of the late SNL comedian Chris Farley. Both are very large men who nod their heads curtly, so I kept visualizing Stargher as Chris Farley with red hair. Second was the discussion about parlour finances. Drow: “Darling, are you a capable financier?” Fire Giant: “Certainly, my dear. What sort of ledger are you looking to maintain?” The idea of a financially savvy fire giant is just too brilliant.

Urden: At first she felt he was cold and immersed in his studies, but he soon became quite charming to her, and developed a working relationship alongside her for equipment ventures.

Krivohan: Quite charming to her. A generous donor of pretties, invited her to Hell on multiple occasions.

Dranolian: A classy benefactor and mistress relationship that was rapidly evolving into a something deeper. He put a lot of effort into her, and impressed her consistently. He had the high-power position in Scion, and the expensive gifts to back it up – enough to keep any Parlour Girl happy. Because of unique circumstances surrounding his character’s origins, and his obsession with the Sceptre- she was hesitant to love him … but he grew on her. He would always surprise her with something ingenious. Because the both of them were so busy, it was difficult to get them together consistently. If things had been different, this probably would have been a romance. Obtuse and difficult to talk to, but a well designed character that really made her successful.

Ruiliden: Tough shifter who fell in love with her and was a generous patron.

HERALD: Mainly Xiouze, a lovely fela. Mistress Jevanah, another fashionably elegant drow. Cariatid, for making her a nice statue of Zefarah.

Really, you were all just delightful. Do be nice to all my masseuses. Dakizar hates it when I have to complain to him.

Cercanopuno (Guest)Wed 31-Jul-02 12:51 PM

#8129, "RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells)"
In response to Reply #5

Thats for the interraction, I personnaly Liked what you were doin. Well done, I hope you have a good time with your next char. Thankz for all the help gathering maces =P.

-Cerc-

TaithinWed 31-Jul-02 01:56 PM
151 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#8127, "RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells)"
In response to Reply #5

Heh, I'd typically sit there a moment, then shrug and go about my business when you'd decide to tag along, and after awhile, it got to be kinda humerous. If it weren't for always having something more pressing to do as a Villager, I'd have probably interacted a bit more. I may have to see about helping out your little pet project sometime, mortal-run ideas are always kinda fun. I think I may have to sign up as a svirnebli bodyguard or something.

MistressZefarah (Guest)Wed 31-Jul-02 02:21 PM

#8128, "RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells)"
In response to Reply #7

Yeah, that's what was so amusing about it. You have this completely helpless woman, walking around with hulking guys who just obliterate people left and right. The contrast is just great.

Rhuean cracked me up in several instances. The first was when he was trying to teach her a lesson for helping Stargher. I mean, you've got this drow woman with no armour, and she's holding onto this golden duck while trying to fight Rhuean. Something is just silly about that. I think she actually hurt you though.

Second was when you easily lost 1 CON just trying to converse with her about the parlour. I mean, the leader of battle stopping to enquire about massages while Scions are jumping on him is just outrageous. Not surprisingly, you CON died the next day.

If you need a side job, definitely stop by the parlour.

RacliWed 31-Jul-02 04:23 PM
70 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#8125, "RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells)"
In response to Reply #5

Awww... now who am I gonna rob and give compliments too at the same time? Well played character. You gotta be my role model in the sense you were someone everyone seemed to know, not because you ran through your entire range a dozen times, but because you RPed so well, and without break. I thought for sure that time I failed (gasp) a steal at the inn while you were gambling that you were gonna try to kill me, or get someone to kill me, but you didnt. After that I pretty much left you alone, except for that time at the shrine. Suprised you would tell me what you did (about the masseuses) before you went, I didn't think I had left any kinda mark except in your pockets, but not disappointed at all. I wont let you down. I got some things I'm workin on IC, and you might even seen me as a bodyguard, who knows. Anyway again, great character, definately looking forward to your next healer, heh. Best of luck.

--SIG
Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights make a left

MistressZefarah (Guest)Wed 31-Jul-02 05:14 PM

#8126, "RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells)"
In response to Reply #10

I think it's an additional challenge to RP as a thief, because you're always hiding. It's an inherently antisocial class. On top of that, everyone hates to be around thieves. I don't think that you suffered a shortage of popularity. You just happen to be infamous, rather than famous.

As for killing you, she had bitched to Stargher plenty of times before. You died enough. And, at that point, she didn't need the stuff you were stealing from her. People just gave her anything she wanted, beyond the bounds of decency. She was that spoiled.

Anyone could use a thief or assassin bodyguard. Someone that can remain or see hidden. In fact, I can think of a lot of scenarios where a thief or assassin bodyguard is preferable to a warrior. Any of the mistresses could use you.

Jiellon (Guest)Wed 31-Jul-02 04:57 PM

#8124, "RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells)"
In response to Reply #5

>Jiellon: A new character that came at the tail end of her
>life, but seemed to know quite a bit about Zefarah’s
>household affairs and Mayesha. Wonder who you were in the
>past.. anyhow, would have been interesting to see what you
>really knew.

I didn't really interact with you in past characters, but I had seen/heard/spoke briedly of you/with you a long way back. I knew you were vain(?) and a bit of flattery would be all it took to get what information Jiellon needed. I was also involved in the Arvam Situation with my last character, who wanted to be empowered by him. and had spent a good deal of time listening to hearsay and asking questions about the happenings of "that fateful night", soon becoming one of the few that knew the complications of the situation.

Jiellon was VERY interested in the whole Anti-Life thingy, and knew that he wanted some book. He also knew that Mayesha had pretended to have that book, and was killed for it. From what I knew of Mayesha (having spoke to her mainly as Tussock, but encountering her in most of my other characters) she was the kind who'd scheme behind the Immy-clan's back, was very mischevious, and was crafty and clever and all that. So, Jiellon came up with a theory based on these reasonings. (I didn't tell you and Sheiya all of it though...) I feel I was able to play with you quite well, having read up on Drow in the "Drow Fortress", a link you had put on your site(what was that again? That was neat). You fit the Drow Profile, complete with female hierarchy, kiss my rings manservent and such like that. Again, VERY well played.

Dranolian (Guest)Wed 31-Jul-02 09:37 PM

#8120, "RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells)"
In response to Reply #5

-Dranolian: A classy benefactor and mistress relationship that was rapidly evolving into a something deeper. He put a lot of effort into her, and impressed her consistently. He had the high-power position in Scion, and the expensive gifts to back it up – enough to keep any Parlour Girl happy. Because of unique circumstances surrounding his character’s origins, and his obsession with the Sceptre- she was hesitant to love him … but he grew on her. He would always surprise her with something ingenious. Because the both of them were so busy, it was difficult to get them together consistently. If things had been different, this probably would have been a romance. Obtuse and difficult to talk to, but a well designed character that really made her successful.

After seeing this deletion I have lost about 75% of the interest in my char. The only interaction I have gotten was when I was with you. You fit my role perfectly, everyone was so into you. At first I just ignored it, I was going to play that I was above it. Then I was curious to see what everyone wanted(The first time we talked indepth in that little alcove on the 7th circle after everyone else droped link). It was played perfectly. I was attempting to turn it into more without doing it outright like everyone else would. I belive I was well on my way(Altho I never scored). That whole dinner thing was just awsom. Bragging about who you were with like any good gold digger chick would. Now I am not really to sure what I am going to do with the dresses and earrings I am carrying about. I really am lost as to what I am going to do next. I have something in mind. You made the game VERY VERY interesting for me. I found myself streaching my playing hours just to interact with you.

-Dranolian

MistressZefarah (Guest)Thu 01-Aug-02 02:33 AM

#8121, "RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells)"
In response to Reply #14

I'm glad you enjoyed interacting with her. I try to make it so my girls have a realistic feel to them, despite their idiosyncrasies. And unfortunately, as with real life girls, you will face timing issues, moodiness, procedural issues, and a host of other inconveniences that guys face in trying to hit it home.

Dranolian's approach was steady, patient, but a bit too tentative. In the long run, patience does prevail.. Note: "The long run". He ran out of time in this instance. But the one situation where she really slipped through his fingers was when he got her in the bedroom after wining and dining her, then started chatting on the cabal channel for a few hours. You fool! *slap*

Dranolian was simply too busy with Scion to have the time to pursue a girl of this maintenance level. When you finally have free time, you can't expect the girl to have been waiting for you - she's going to move on. Once he finally got Zef in front of him, he was at a sudden loss for what to say - a very common problem guys have. Just that sort of awkward phase that you dont' want to be in with a girl. Again, the gifts were awesome, but it's no substitute for time.

I didn't envy Dranolian one bit. The Parlour girls are like big city spoiled brats, and the level of maintenance required will kick your arse. It is very frustrating. I applaud the effort, and you came damn close.

>After seeing this deletion I have lost about 75% of the
>interest in my char. The only interaction I have gotten was
>when I was with you. You fit my role perfectly, everyone
>was so into you. At first I just ignored it, I was going to
>play that I was above it. Then I was curious to see what
>everyone wanted(The first time we talked indepth in that
>little alcove on the 7th circle after everyone else droped
>link). It was played perfectly. I was attempting to turn
>it into more without doing it outright like everyone else
>would. I belive I was well on my way(Altho I never scored).
> That whole dinner thing was just awsom. Bragging about who
>you were with like any good gold digger chick would. Now I
>am not really to sure what I am going to do with the dresses
>and earrings I am carrying about. I really am lost as to
>what I am going to do next. I have something in mind. You
>made the game VERY VERY interesting for me. I found myself
>streaching my playing hours just to interact with you.
>
>-Dranolian

Dranolian (Guest)Thu 01-Aug-02 03:08 AM

#8122, "RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells)"
In response to Reply #18

I always pictured me on my cell phone dealing with buisness and some hot chick laying on the bed getting all bored. I was important and wanted you to wait for me. The uneasy and not always knowing what to do next was part of my role. I assure you that in RL I know what I want after I pay my cash. Not that I have ever payed for it or anything. Again thanks for the fun.

-Dranolian

MistressZefarah (Guest)Sat 03-Aug-02 08:06 PM

#8123, "RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells)"
In response to Reply #19

> I assure you that in RL I know what I want after I pay my cash.
> Not that I have ever payed for it or anything.

Uhm-hmmm. Surrrrre.

> I always pictured me on my cell phone dealing with buisness and
> some hot chick laying on the bed getting all bored.

I was also going to say it is like talking on your cell phone on a date.

The interaction was one of the more realistic ones involving a businessman / escort scenario. The idea with the charm and money enticement to get her to stay, and all the awkward silence during their first encounters was pretty much what goes on in RL. Kudos to your classy treatment of the Mistress. I really hope the next Girl enjoys similar treatment.

Eroek (Guest)Wed 31-Jul-02 11:12 PM

#8119, "RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells)"
In response to Reply #5

She mainly liked Rhuean and Eroek, but Eroek disappeared, so Rhuean became her favorite.

Of course two dashing, handsome young arials would be your favorites. Hah! Like I said in my goodbye, you were the calm in the storm, had a lot of fun just sitting in the shrine with you, well done, good luck on the next.

OddjobThu 01-Aug-02 09:17 AM
345 posts
#8118, "Ok, now Ive gotta know."
In response to Reply #5

Please, you have to tell us who you are. Who played the chars that is. Ive got a friendly bet with someone and I have my pick. Email me if you want to but please for the love of god dont leave me in suspence.

POSTER'S DISCLAIMER: "Of course....I don't play anymore, but its just my 2 cents."

The GRC (Guest)Sat 03-Aug-02 12:47 PM

#8113, "I'm impressed."
In response to Reply #5

Yeah, my interaction was you keeping a lowly drow assassin I was trying to off with my Sylvan alive and well. Really, looking back, I'm sad I didn't get a chance to really know you at all. Still, I can always hope you'll make another character I get to know.

Speaking from the point of view of someone who spends some time working on characters for fiction, well, I am green. I mean, envious. I suppose you could argue that you had the groundwork already laid by the drow mythology/social structure from D&D fiction and all, but still, the originality and overall phattiness of your ideas makes me wanna go cry somewhere quiet and nurse a strong drink. That accent though, wild. My drow never mess around with 'em, but since I'm one of those that likes to dirty it up in the fighting arena, well, hard to type accents and (attempt to) kill folks too.

Anyway, wow. My hat is off to your imagination and execution of vision. Hoody hoo!

The GRC

Hmmph (Guest)Sat 03-Aug-02 01:51 PM

#8117, "RE: I'm impressed."
In response to Reply #22

>Really,
>looking back, I'm sad I didn't get a chance to really know
>you at all.

Hindsight is always twenty/twenty.

MistressZefarah (Guest)Sat 03-Aug-02 07:51 PM

#8114, "Thanks for the rave review ..."
In response to Reply #22

I'm all pink with joy right now, really.

I'm glad there are people who can enjoy the ride for its many nuances and specialized twists. The Parlour Girls are a concept that few are going to appreciate to fully.

So allow me to return the praise. Creative minds think alike, I would say. That you can hack away on the field, and still enjoy the Parlour Girls from afar - enough to write a review - proves that you are much more than a PKer.

Appreciative comments definitely help in the creative process. If my private discussions are any indication, there will continue to be some interesting developments in the Parlour scene. I even think I see the next Girl in the dressing room right now, but it will be awhile before she gets out. She's taking quite a long time on her hair. And, I have no idea how she's going to slip into that outfit. But you didn't hear that from me.

Anyhow, I think the Girls will find you an interesting client. So make your appointment soon. And, be sure to set your money in a conspicuous location for when your outcall arrives through her gate. And, always have extra cash on hand for your tip.

LarcatSat 03-Aug-02 11:40 PM
495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8115, "God you are self obsessed. I even liked your damned cha..."
In response to Reply #24

I mean come on a vanity site about a cf char?

This quote
"So allow me to return the praise. Creative minds think alike, I would say. That you can hack away on the field, and still enjoy the Parlour Girls from afar - enough to write a review - proves that you are much more than a PKer."

I was Widdengrub, but come on who ever you are, get a grip.

"New payment options w/ Iron Realms"

MistressZefarah (Guest)Sun 04-Aug-02 12:47 AM

#8116, "Widdengrub you little bugger, I can't believe I forgot ..."
In response to Reply #26

First off, you need to relax a bit rather than drawing the worst possible interpretation of a conversation that you were not a part of. Also, don't just cite quotes in isolation - give full and fair credit to the prior discussion giving rise to that quote.

The person said in so many words, "Gee, you're really creative. Too bad my characters are just PKers". I said, "Hey, thanks, if you can appreciate my idea you're creative, too, and wow, you've wrote a nice note. This all shows you're more than a PKer". I think you misinterpreted my tone, and perhaps I am at fault for not being simplistic in the language used. I really don't see what's so vain about this. But quite frankly, I'm not interested in arguing semantics - are you?

Also, this is far from a vanity shrine. There are plenty of people that hate the character and have voiced that opinion. I'm glad you happen to like Zef. It shows that you're clearly superior to everyone else.

But Hey now.... I think I know what this is REALLY about. You are upset that you were not listed in the farewell, hmm? My apologies. Bad, bad Zefarah, that self-righteous whore. Here is some love for Widdengrub.

Widdengrub: Enjoyed Z's FIRST massage. She was crushed by his sudden and premature death. Who else would be there to hug her knees and keep her lower extremities warm? Actually, a lot of people. Oh well. Anyhow, a masterfully played gnome that I will miss seeing at the Inn.

Meelus (Guest)Mon 05-Aug-02 05:40 AM

#8111, "Great great great character. (from my two interactions)"
In response to Reply #5

I actually don't even know if you remember our little interaction, but I laughed my way through the whole thing. I had bumped into you as a past character and was very impressed by your "salesperson" vanity RP. I had a blast trading with you, and in general talking as that character. Then when my Sylvan healer teleported to the Shire and saw you, I had to come over and get a little of that RP. I actually sat there a minute thinking... how is a Sylvan healer going to react to Zefarah in any way but violence? I decided to make it a "know your enemy tip of exploration" type of interaction... but I thought a healer would do that by figuring out your physical make up. Naturally I came over and started poking you with a stick.

Your reactions as I made comments about your bone structure were great, sort of bemused and indifferent with a twist of, "Why are you doing that?" Good fun, and sadly one of the few really cool interactions I've had throughout the course of my character's life. (I'm sure that's going to change soon.)

Good luck with the next.

MistressZefarah (Guest)Mon 05-Aug-02 02:39 PM

#8112, "RE: Great great great character. (from my two interacti..."
In response to Reply #29

I remember both interactions. That mage was a thrifty spender indeed. It was in Akan, if I recall.

And, I remember Meelus as well. If you can picture a two foot person poking at your knees and studying your foot, of course that image is going to be humorous. That was a neat twist, because normally Sylvans don't say a word.

I really like how you handled that setting. I prefer interaction that precipitates violence, even if someone is obviously your enemy. It's just classier gamesmanship. Of course, who am I to expect that sort of behaviour, especially with a MUD aptly titled "Carrion Fields".

Jevanah (Guest)Mon 05-Aug-02 02:51 PM

#8109, "RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells)"
In response to Reply #5

Just forget about me i see how it is j/k
and i miss you already have fun and see you in the fields.

MistressZefarah (Guest)Mon 05-Aug-02 06:02 PM

#8110, "RE: Cast of Characters, Employment Roster (Farewells)"
In response to Reply #31

I did not forget you at all, and you're on that lengthy farewell. You played a huge part in helping my concept, as well as the drow scene in general. The time that Zef massaged Jevanah felt like some genuine spiritual bonding.

I hope Jevanah will be around for awhile, since I have some plans for our little subculture. It makes the game actually seem more realistic to me. Although the Heralds are a fine outfit, I'd like to see more cultural development in the game. More racial/cultural groups that thrive alongside the fashionable drow women with their parlours and shoppes. It's a nice respite from the gangbang/looting permagroup scene. I would hate to lose you as a RPer.

CouillardMon 05-Aug-02 11:36 PM
0 posts
#8107, "What a ride"
In response to Reply #5

Theddledim: Cute but jumpy. A generous donor. I really was convinced you were a paranoid player OOC, because you showed all the signs of paranoid disorder.

Rogilimack: Hilarious character, helped him rank in his younger days. Paid her hundreds of thousands in copper for her help. I didn’t think it was Theddledim, because this character was fierce. However, I had a brief suspicion from his affinity for the shire, and the way he would give her money similar to how Theddledim did, and also one other reason which you will find out later. ORC!

I am pretty jumpy......but the only time I flipped out and it was for the most part OOC was the time I died in one round to that dudes angel after I stunned him with a firewall.. I felt better after I bash'd you and your group to death later that day with my warrior and discovered you did in fact loot me and keep the best ##### (I'm not playerhating though-most of my evils would have.) Your char was great and you brought out the best in my chars and my player. I can honestly say I'm a better player/roleplayer because of you (Wow huh?) ...It'll keep me up at night not knowing who you are but ##### it..I'll have more time to mud.

Z

MistressZefarah (Guest)Tue 06-Aug-02 01:25 AM

#8108, "RE: What a ride"
In response to Reply #33

Well to repeat, she didn't loot Theddledim to keep it for herself. You simply wouldn't let her return it to Theddle, because you "rage-quit". And let's be real - that wasn't exactly prime gear. That's what I mean by jumpy.

Notice the title - "Ever-Fashionable". She got the title because she only wears stylish gear - 90% of which is gifted to her by benefactors. She doesn't loot trinkets. In fact, I don't think she looted anyone's corpse at all, except a few times to return equipment.

But that's all hindsight. For future reference, Parlour Girls mainly just take what is given to them. So don't get so jumpy. If you are feeling a bit unnerved, stop by for a massage.

And Rogilimack was leaps and bounds better than Theddledim RPwise. I might be wrong, but it must have been far more entertaining to play that orc.

Cheers.

MistressZefarah (Guest)Wed 31-Jul-02 12:05 PM

#8130, "Official Statement and Character Concept(Boring, Endles..."
In response to Reply #0

Statement from Zefarah’s corporate counsel:

Thera’s premier multi-millionare masseuse has returned to the Underdark to tend to much needed personal business. Her illustrious career spanning 645 years included, but was by no means limited to the following:

A permanent mark left in her shrine – Personal title – over 10 million coppers in the bank – associate masseuses - countless massage bookings and private encounters with top notch clientele - personal servants and bodyguards - luxurious upscale settings, lavish parties, and fine dining - 5 trips to the Inferno (7th circle twice) - a job that actually generated income, with a steady cast of benefactors - foot massages next to a warm fireplace each night – IMMteraction almost daily...

She is deeply apologetic to those who were unable to obtain massages from her. After all, she only has so many hands. Those who were promised a massage are unfortunately out of luck. However, a new masseuse will be sent shortly, assuming she is not killed by the cavefisher. In the meantime, you are encouraged to patronize the existing masseuses, as they do render comparably exquisite services.

For those that hated her, you can now log on safely. For those who loved her, she loved your money even more …

Veldryn Qu’ellar Shellavo, Esq.
In-HOUSE Counsel for Zefarah

This is an excellent time to leave with a bang. Zefarah did everything a mortal would want to do, and she takes one of her boy-toys home with her - Inthulstrea. I’m going on vacation for a few weeks, anyhow, so this is perfect.

I thought this venture would be a quick delete. The heels, the mirror, the English accent... Massage. Well, she was empowered in about five hours, went from zero to hero in 50, and for the remaining 475 was wonderfully received by those who interacted with her. And to be quite honest, largely left alone by enemies. Often times she would log on and be flooded with greetings, which began to make it difficult to get her out of the house. Her role was to acquire money and clerical knowledge to bring back to the Underdark, set up the Parlour, and have a permanent mark in her shrine. She was a sensational 3 for 3 in the process. Contrary to my expectation, the character was supported by a wealth of talent from other players, which compels me to say that she was as much a product of CF’s roleplayers as the creator’s. And, a lot of unique pieces fell into place such that I don’t think I’ll ever be able to create a character this successful any time soon. This is a tough act to follow.

I’ve played CF since its early days, on and off. The PK/Looting was fun back then, but I have no real interest in it anymore. I enjoy vivid character representations, sharp dialogue, rich storylines, and organizational management. The drow are an excellent class for exploring these motifs. I tend to dish out the PK chores to those who don’t mind getting their arses kicked, while my character sits pretty.

Enquiring minds have eloquently sought to learn about the Parlour. Zefarah and the Parlour are satirical constructs that are deeply layered. They lightly parody the New York corporate empire and the life of a high class escort. As you might guess, they are also a satire of the drow, although deeply rooted in popular drow lore. There are a host of other spoofs people will recognize. Still, inasmuch as they poke fun at these themes, they explore them seriously as well.

The Parlor (“Parlour”). The Parlour is an ongoing concept that I hope to continue developing. It can be just a parlour, or an underground mafia empire held together by loyalty akin to a drow House – it can be anything. It is a structure that revolves around the Girls and allows them to live freely and luxuriously. For most people, the Parlour is just a parlour or cultural center. For the drow aficionado, the omni-present mistress/slave/servant system is alive and well. For the law or business minded player, it is an organization with assets and liabilities, a management hierarchy, and can be structured any which-way if there are enough players to effectuate the structure. In another regard, the Parlour is a cult - a bastion of lust, greed, vanity, elegance. For Zefarah, it was her empire, in which she stood untouched by world around her.

The Parlour’s success was phenomenal – thanks to a multitude of supporting roleplayers, and a generous immortal hand. There were characters filling every spot on the employment roster, and the parlour bustled with activity from newbies, power-players, and IMMs.

That brings us to the diva of domination herself. Zefarah is the figurehead in a series of conceptually linked Parlour Girls. She was designed to to interact with certain player types: (1) Those with characters seeking a female archetype generally (2) drow players in general, (3) players with a law, business, or accounting background for the purpose of setting up the Parlour (4) imaginative Roleplayers in general.

It is pleasing to see how other players sustained or followed Zefarah as a drow icon. Even for a satirical character – and regardless of whether people liked her - she made her impact and raised the stakes. During her tenure she had an elaborate drow House setting, complete with servants, bodyguards, masseuses, and outside benefactors. Her military affairs were enacted through retaliatory acts by her bodyguards. The massage, the drowspeak, the servants, the assassinations - it was all there. Thanks to the other drow players who kept her individual concept flowing seamlessly.

I could peel this onion forever. I’ll stop here to respond to questions, comments, criticisms. She had a truly smashing time, really, darlings.

Flame away. She loves the attention.

Cheers.

Daiken (Guest)Thu 01-Aug-02 01:18 AM

#8131, "Ewww"
In response to Reply #4

Ugh. I may be misremembering but i'm sure my first (and about only) interaction with you was when me and Urden were getting shirty with each other, purely on principle. You sent me a tell asking what was wrong and why was i being so nasty to him. Basically that immediately got my back up because you were some nicey nicey Drow who kept saying "Darling".

Then i think i vomited when i looked at that webpage you keep posting.

Personally i found Zefarah to be too "nice".

Daiken (Guest)Thu 01-Aug-02 01:30 AM

#8132, "RE: Ewww"
In response to Reply #16

My last note sounded way too cranky and overcritical but i'm a tad exhausted

MistressZefarah (Guest)Thu 01-Aug-02 03:34 AM

#8133, "(PK) Daiken, the embodiment of British Panache"
In response to Reply #17

Well, Daiken, relative to the posts you normally make, this is a flattering remark. Especially with the seemingly apologetic follow-up post. I'm touched, really.

Based on your portrayal of Daiken, it is clear to me that you have no interest in the slave/mistress roleplay, or any real deep interest in having anything to do with drow. Daiken was a complete rejection of all things drow - Zef even discussed this with Arvam.

Needless to say, a player like you is not going to relate well to my characters. They require a basic interest in the drow mindset. Either way, I suppose I should be flattered that you bother to contribute your precious thoughts on my concept.

As for finding her to be "nice", you said it yourself - your interaction with her was next to nil. End of discussion. But since you are likely to encounter another Parlour Girl, let me say that they are all outwardly personable, and very well spoken. The niceness that you see is only skin-deep. Do try an interact just a tad beyond the surface, hmm?

With respect to the terms "Darling," "Dear,", "My Love", and other such buzz phrases, these should not be at all unusual to your English ears. Also, consider the profession she is in. You're lucky she didn't call you "baby".

But in the end, there is nothing more to say if you simply don't like my character. If you fail to see the utter genius behind my conception of the drow, I suppose I should say, "It takes one to know one." If you feel like vomiting, I suggest you take a bit of a rest, my love.

Cheers.

BattleCharmedWed 31-Jul-02 11:00 AM
0 posts
#8134, "RE: (DEL) Zefarah the Ever-Fashionable Protector of Fa..."
In response to Reply #0

Well what can I say? I really liked Zef from the first time you planted yourself in Erigion and lifeshielded me. You gained me a few titles that way and I was always happy to have you around. That friendship turned into a little more for me IC and OOC. I always get so into my characters when Im doing well that I actually become the charactre, and being around you made me feel so good. Anyhow, I couldn't be your bodyguard from within the Rift, and after I left my character went so downhill it wasn't funny. SO I just deleted, well done Zefarah, ill see you in the Fields.

MistressZefarah (Guest)Wed 31-Jul-02 02:40 PM

#8135, "RE: (DEL) Zefarah the Ever-Fashionable Protector of Fa..."
In response to Reply #3

Playing with lifeshield is fun, despite its marginal utility.

At the lowbie end, it's pure entertainment to watch people try to PK the person you lifeshielded. They break off the attack and run rather quickly.

Healers just rule. Don't think I can play any other class.

VladamirWed 31-Jul-02 10:42 AM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#8136, "I said my goodbye in my post. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Jiellon (Guest)Wed 31-Jul-02 10:01 AM

#8137, "Where's my massage?"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for all that, great roleplay and whatnot. Jiellon saw you only as a source of information, one of the reasons Inthu hated him. I have only two complaints now that you're gone: I didn't get a massage, and I never got to be trained... or will Mhuybirra have to do that now?

Anyway, great job, liked the seductive masseuse thing, definately unique, you even made a living off of it. The party at Arvam's was wierd, the party at Mayesha's place was wierder... overall, nothing but good times (maybe not for Jiellon, but for me) were to be had in your presence.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8103 Previous topic | Next topic