Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Mortavala Meridiani the Dai Sensei..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #139784
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 09-Sep-20 08:40 PM
Member since 26th Apr 2024
16811 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#139784, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Mortavala Meridiani the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Magistrate of Galadon"

Thu Sep 10 01:39:53 2020

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Mortavala perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:339

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Llyion (Anonymous)Mon 14-Sep-20 07:04 PM
Charter member
#139789, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Mortavala Meridiani the Dai Se..."
In response to Reply #0

Saddens me yo see this. I was hoping that you would make a great comeback. You were an awesome Magistrate that tried to inspire people to think more deeply about the law. Just so you know, I recommended you for replacing me when I die. You conbinced an elf to leave the Spire in the hands of a drow. Well done! I hope to see you in the fields. GLWYN!

Mortavala (Anonymous)Sun 27-Sep-20 05:16 AM
Charter member
#139876, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Mortavala Meridiani the Dai Se..."
In response to Reply #1

>Saddens me yo see this. I was hoping that you would make a
>great comeback. You were an awesome Magistrate that tried to
>inspire people to think more deeply about the law. Just so you
>know, I recommended you for replacing me when I die. You
>conbinced an elf to leave the Spire in the hands of a drow.
>Well done! I hope to see you in the fields. GLWYN!

Thanks! This was my fourth main char as a Tribunal in a row, and I was struggling to character-differentiate, be able to play her as a unique character as opposed to an alternative dimension spinoff of her predecessors.

All four Tribunals have interacted with Llyion across these past couple of years, and it's consistently been a pleasure. Will touch more on that separately in Llyion's death thread.

As for Morty, well, a couple of things did go unexpectedly wrong which ruined her for me - not anybody's fault but my own in terms of my (the player's) personality quirks and foibles:

1. I studied Law and a good chunk of my career was in Law/ Law-related, I'm stubbornly dogmatic when it comes to legal interpretation and Law rulings (even in context of a MUD, haha), and so the interpretation disagreements with Snerdrull really upset me (because I'm stubborn and insist my interpretations are the right ones, which I appreciate is hardly fair nor right); and

2. across two decades (on and off) of CF, I've only ever dabbled lightly in PK, never was my thing really, most fights were defensive fights, but in an attempt to further character-differentiate this fourth Tribunal main, well, I tried to actively PK more with Morty. Given my lack of PK skills, and the intention to learn the ropes, this branching out into PK entailed grouping with a few others (mostly Daksoble and Itzenxilaatl really). Well, Daks and Itzen are deathly, and alot of people were cross when they got killed - maybe I'm sensitive but I felt alot of OOC/ IRL hate generated by the few kills that I did manage to land ganking with Daks/ Itzen. There were even logs/ posts on QHCF, accusations of corruption, new chars Morty had never known/ interacted with appearing and being hostile to her, accusing her of stuff their characters had no reasonable basis to think/ belief/ know in the first place, and it all started to feel really toxic and sad to me in the end. I ended up regretting ever trying my hand at PK, and was ultimately not able to get back into the character of Morty, hence delete delete.

Bah, this ended up rather abit longer than I'd intended. TLDR: thanks, player of Llyion, and thanks to all the other CFers who make this the great game that it is. See you in the fields!

LhydiaSun 27-Sep-20 08:51 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#139882, "Loved Mortavala."
In response to Reply #2

I was excited to help you as an enemy and IC walk you through PK against groups/individuals at the Spire. It came back to bite me in the ass a couple of times and I was happy for you.

If I recall correctly you weren't exactly tight lipped about being a Nalasul follower (if I'm remembering right) and that led to some distrust.

I remember as a non-criminal enemy trying to retrieve from Empire with you randomly showing up to defend. I said something about you joining the Empire and not being a Magistrate and you blew up OOC and I think even referenced qhcf. You were really sensitive to that and I think a bit paranoid.

That being said Mortavala was awesome and it was fun watching and participating in the dynamics of Trib while you, Snerdrull, Daksoble, and I went back and forth.

So from the perspective of like 4 heroes during Mortavala's timeline before she faded away, overall great job and nice going learning how to beat folks up (including me). Sad you didn't end up taking exploit vitals, it is a game changer.

Itzenxilaatl (Anonymous)Sun 27-Sep-20 02:20 PM
Charter member
#139889, "Well done"
In response to Reply #2

Liked you, and tried to make you more PK-ready, but you just didn't want to kill others. I think it's not too good for a drow - you were more like a natural, not evil. Sad to hear that you've shared some of the hate that I receive daily, welcome to the evil PK League Eventually, you'll learn to ignore those haters (which are a little fraction of the playerbase), and won't even read their replies/comments. Also, you need to separate yourself and your characters, and realize that what they were they write not about you, but about your character. So, if you are paying an evil character, and he is being hated, you are doing everything right

Good luck with your next!

Cedlizurn (Anonymous)Tue 29-Sep-20 01:06 PM
Charter member
#139914, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Mortavala Meridiani the Dai Se..."
In response to Reply #2

Cedlizurn had a huge crush on Mortavala. Characters like Mortavala make the game more fun for others, imo. Thanks for being awesome, and GLWYN!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #139784 Previous topic | Next topic