Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Mortavala Meridiani the Dai Se...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=139784&mesg_id=139876
139876, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Mortavala Meridiani the Dai Se...
Posted by Mortavala on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Saddens me yo see this. I was hoping that you would make a
>great comeback. You were an awesome Magistrate that tried to
>inspire people to think more deeply about the law. Just so you
>know, I recommended you for replacing me when I die. You
>conbinced an elf to leave the Spire in the hands of a drow.
>Well done! I hope to see you in the fields. GLWYN!

Thanks! This was my fourth main char as a Tribunal in a row, and I was struggling to character-differentiate, be able to play her as a unique character as opposed to an alternative dimension spinoff of her predecessors.

All four Tribunals have interacted with Llyion across these past couple of years, and it's consistently been a pleasure. Will touch more on that separately in Llyion's death thread.

As for Morty, well, a couple of things did go unexpectedly wrong which ruined her for me - not anybody's fault but my own in terms of my (the player's) personality quirks and foibles:

1. I studied Law and a good chunk of my career was in Law/ Law-related, I'm stubbornly dogmatic when it comes to legal interpretation and Law rulings (even in context of a MUD, haha), and so the interpretation disagreements with Snerdrull really upset me (because I'm stubborn and insist my interpretations are the right ones, which I appreciate is hardly fair nor right); and

2. across two decades (on and off) of CF, I've only ever dabbled lightly in PK, never was my thing really, most fights were defensive fights, but in an attempt to further character-differentiate this fourth Tribunal main, well, I tried to actively PK more with Morty. Given my lack of PK skills, and the intention to learn the ropes, this branching out into PK entailed grouping with a few others (mostly Daksoble and Itzenxilaatl really). Well, Daks and Itzen are deathly, and alot of people were cross when they got killed - maybe I'm sensitive but I felt alot of OOC/ IRL hate generated by the few kills that I did manage to land ganking with Daks/ Itzen. There were even logs/ posts on QHCF, accusations of corruption, new chars Morty had never known/ interacted with appearing and being hostile to her, accusing her of stuff their characters had no reasonable basis to think/ belief/ know in the first place, and it all started to feel really toxic and sad to me in the end. I ended up regretting ever trying my hand at PK, and was ultimately not able to get back into the character of Morty, hence delete delete.

Bah, this ended up rather abit longer than I'd intended. TLDR: thanks, player of Llyion, and thanks to all the other CFers who make this the great game that it is. See you in the fields!