Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Jarlduz Shazath the Unrelenting Ju..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122478
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 26-Nov-14 07:52 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2024
16815 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122478, "(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Jarlduz Shazath the Unrelenting Juggernaut, Emperor of Thera"

Wed Nov 26 18:50:09 2014

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Jarlduz perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:688

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply That took a while., Jarlduz (Anonymous), 26-Nov-14 08:11 PM, #1
     Reply RE: That took a while., Regrag (Anonymous), 26-Nov-14 08:18 PM, #2
     Reply RE: That took a while., kolb, 27-Nov-14 08:26 AM, #8
     Reply RE: That took a while., Padfeinwen (Anonymous), 26-Nov-14 08:55 PM, #3
     Reply RE: That took a while., kolb, 27-Nov-14 08:28 AM, #9
     Reply I enjoyed our interactions..., Crraya (Anonymous), 26-Nov-14 09:53 PM, #4
     Reply RE: I enjoyed our interactions..., kolb, 27-Nov-14 08:30 AM, #10
          Reply Let's just say... , TheProphet1, 27-Nov-14 10:47 AM, #14
     Reply Amazing in every way., polmier, 26-Nov-14 09:54 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Amazing in every way., kolb, 27-Nov-14 08:31 AM, #11
     Reply Great job, man., Ellsto (Anonymous), 26-Nov-14 10:14 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Great job, man., kolb, 27-Nov-14 08:33 AM, #12
          Reply Rise of outlander, incognito, 27-Nov-14 12:21 PM, #15
     Reply Respect. I'm glad I got the chance to come up with you...., Ooglarr (Anonymous), 27-Nov-14 02:42 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Respect. I'm glad I got the chance to come up with ..., kolb, 27-Nov-14 08:35 AM, #13
     Reply My greatest foe, Liantae (Anonymous), 27-Nov-14 04:48 PM, #16
     Reply RE: My greatest foe, kolb, 01-Dec-14 05:33 PM, #23
     Reply The Beast I never saw fall..., Yllonis (Anonymous), 27-Nov-14 11:49 PM, #17
     Reply RE: The Beast I never saw fall..., kolb, 01-Dec-14 05:35 PM, #24
          Reply You did get me once, SPN, 02-Dec-14 03:21 PM, #30
     Reply RE: That took a while., Thrakburzug, 28-Nov-14 01:00 PM, #18
     Reply RE: That took a while., kolb, 01-Dec-14 05:37 PM, #25
     Reply RE: That took a while., Whiysdan, 28-Nov-14 03:35 PM, #19
     Reply RE: That took a while., kolb, 01-Dec-14 05:42 PM, #26
     Reply This one really sucks to see., Destuvius, 28-Nov-14 06:48 PM, #20
     Reply RE: This one really sucks to see., kolb, 01-Dec-14 05:49 PM, #27
     Reply Thought you were Jaguab or Jhyrb. That's a compliment...., TMNS, 28-Nov-14 07:44 PM, #21
     Reply RE: Thought you were Jaguab or Jhyrb. That's a complim..., kolb, 01-Dec-14 05:54 PM, #29
     Reply Best damn char I've come across, Miralik (Anonymous), 29-Nov-14 05:22 AM, #22
     Reply RE: Best damn char I've come across, kolb, 01-Dec-14 05:53 PM, #28
          Reply RE: Best damn char I've come across, Miralik (Anonymous), 03-Dec-14 04:43 AM, #31
     Reply Awesome character..., Akresius, 03-Dec-14 09:11 AM, #32
     Reply RE: That took a while., Keara (Anonymous), 03-Dec-14 12:49 PM, #33

Jarlduz (Anonymous)Wed 26-Nov-14 08:11 PM
Charter member
#122479, "That took a while."
In response to Reply #0

Well this character turned out to be everything I had hoped and more. This was my first Imperial so I wasn't really expecting much with it. Somehow along the way got War Master and then Emperor. It surprised me to no end (Thanks to Destuvius). I even managed to hang onto it somehow which was even more surprising. Either way, this was probably my most successful iteration and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I was sphere Protection and my whole theme was centered around protecting the Empire and not letting it fail. Jarlduz owed everything to the Empire and he would give willingly to any who furthered its cause. So if I seemed overly nice sometimes, we'll say it was cause of that. When I was coming up the ranks, Empire was in pretty good shape and we did have some lulls but for the most part we stayed pretty much in power.

Thanks to Destuvius and the rest of the Immstaff. I never expect anything but you all just deliver anyway. First tattoo! Pretty sure it was a pity one at first, but I hoped I lived up to the Design. There were so many great characters that I interacted with so I'll leave it up to you and I'll respond in kind.

Regrag (Anonymous)Wed 26-Nov-14 08:18 PM
Charter member
#122480, "RE: That took a while."
In response to Reply #1

Man if I could have run with you more without being a empire lacky we would have rocked ####. The complaints I got when me and you were even around each other were terrible. But good job, way to stick it out and let the outlanders murder you to death. Lookin forward to the next

kolbThu 27-Nov-14 08:26 AM
Member since 16th Jul 2007
76 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122491, "RE: That took a while."
In response to Reply #2

Jarlduz didn't much care for dwarves, but he liked to use anyone he could for the good of the Empire, so thanks for the occasional aura and such.

Padfeinwen (Anonymous)Wed 26-Nov-14 08:55 PM
Charter member
#122481, "RE: That took a while."
In response to Reply #1

I half expected you to kill me when I got Reegun killed with that item when we met up on the 4th circle. I honestly had no idea but did warn him prior that it may be risky. Made me laugh though. Shame we never went back to finish the job.

kolbThu 27-Nov-14 08:28 AM
76 posts
#122492, "RE: That took a while."
In response to Reply #3

Yeah, I was laughing too. Getting to Satan would have been nice but it just wasn't meant to be this time.

Crraya (Anonymous)Wed 26-Nov-14 09:53 PM
Charter member
#122482, "I enjoyed our interactions..."
In response to Reply #1

Obviously we were enemies and hunted each other, but I knew I could count on you for a good fight (and a good taunt).

Either way, to age death an Emperor.... kudos to that.

kolbThu 27-Nov-14 08:30 AM
76 posts
#122493, "RE: I enjoyed our interactions..."
In response to Reply #4

The way you talked I figured you'd go out before me, oh well. You were definitely one of the tougher fights, but pride wouldn't let Jarlduz admit anything like that.

TheProphet1Thu 27-Nov-14 10:47 AM
Member since 11th Jan 2012
175 posts
#122499, "Let's just say... "
In response to Reply #10

I can't be too far away, especially seeing how many hours you've logged. (I've logged a few more than that.)

Would have been funny if we were fighting and both died of old age instead of finishing the battle.

polmierWed 26-Nov-14 09:54 PM
Member since 21st Aug 2011
267 posts
#122483, "Amazing in every way."
In response to Reply #1

With Maligor as a friend.
Sivane as an enemy and my current as an enemy.

Great job.

GLWYN

kolbThu 27-Nov-14 08:31 AM
76 posts
#122494, "RE: Amazing in every way."
In response to Reply #5

Thanks. Maligor was a good ally and Sivane was always willing to come retrieve, even against me. Way to be.

Ellsto (Anonymous)Wed 26-Nov-14 10:14 PM
Charter member
#122485, "Great job, man."
In response to Reply #1

First off, age dying an emperor is the bees knees of CFing. I think at this point you can drop the mic and walk off the stage. Nicely done.

I'm a returner to CF, so I didn't have any previous experience with Jarlduz other than what Ellsto had. I planned everything around having to fight you. I had preps on me that were labelled, "For use with Jarlduz only" and I even took an edge that I would not have taken if it weren't for planning to fight you. We had some great battles, mostly you tore me up the same way you tore everyone else up. I am really, really glad that I got to participate in bringing down such a titan once before you age died. I also enjoyed the one talk we had, and honestly looked forward to more.

Roll a goody outlander and use the pass phrase, "Triple Owl" and I'll induct you right in.

Have a great Thanksgiving - I know I'm thankful I don't have to go up against you anymore!

kolbThu 27-Nov-14 08:33 AM
76 posts
#122495, "RE: Great job, man."
In response to Reply #6

I swear that giant shamans is like the toughest build to kill in the game. Outlander seems to be spiking again, but you should have no problem keeping Sunwarden up. Not really sure why the last several haven't lasted. I'm guessing you will. Desolation puts out a lot of damage, tish is crazy.

incognitoThu 27-Nov-14 12:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122500, "Rise of outlander"
In response to Reply #12

I was thinking that you were probably the balance to the outlander rise. Now it might well end up as a pendulum swing too far.

Ooglarr (Anonymous)Thu 27-Nov-14 02:42 AM
Charter member
#122489, "Respect. I'm glad I got the chance to come up with you...."
In response to Reply #1

Not much else to say.

From rolling around with you to being more of a spectator (not really playing much since Ooglarr but god damn did I love keeping up with your logs) just...awesome man. 100% kudos.

kolbThu 27-Nov-14 08:35 AM
76 posts
#122496, "RE: Respect. I'm glad I got the chance to come up with ..."
In response to Reply #7

When we were tearing it up, it seemed like nothing could stop Empire. Man was I bummed you didn't last longer. Though that did net me War Master, so I guess there's that. Did you ever even use imperial defense? Cause it didn't look like it to me much. Man that is like one of the nicest skills in the game.

Liantae (Anonymous)Thu 27-Nov-14 04:48 PM
Charter member
#122502, "My greatest foe"
In response to Reply #1

I stood no chance against you! None at all! I was trying to figure out a way how to kill you 1vs1 and I did have a few plans and traps, but you never loged on at the right moment when things were in perfect condition.

You were a real tough foe, and your RP seemed good enough. Enjoyed our fights, however brief they were.

Keep the chars coming!

kolbMon 01-Dec-14 05:33 PM
76 posts
#122532, "RE: My greatest foe"
In response to Reply #16

After I figured out to use imperial defense against sword/dagger/berserkers, i pretty much had no problems with any of those. Add to the fact that sigil and drum could overwhelm almost anyone quickly and you get where I was. Keep on going, someone has to keep everybody looking over there shoulder.

Yllonis (Anonymous)Thu 27-Nov-14 11:49 PM
Charter member
#122509, "The Beast I never saw fall..."
In response to Reply #1

Hey it was fun getting to try and stop you a couple of times. It seemed if I remembered to fully prepare and wasn't too out numbered I could hold my own against you, but the last couple of times I felt like I almost had you!

You were fun competition and a good sport to boot which is always appreciated. I main regret is not having talked to you more, prior to a few days ago.

GLWYN

kolbMon 01-Dec-14 05:35 PM
76 posts
#122533, "RE: The Beast I never saw fall..."
In response to Reply #17

Jarlduz was a little self-centered, being the greatest warrior of Thera and all :p . So he was always happy to talk about that and how he was the blessing that Thera needed. Monks were always a challenge for me and you were no exception. I could do a little bit but transcend is such a good skill. I managed to outdamage a few monks in my time but don't think I got you. Maybe.

SPNTue 02-Dec-14 03:20 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#122541, "You did get me once"
In response to Reply #24
Edited on Tue 02-Dec-14 03:21 PM

Very early on.. I don't know if I had hit 51 yet. I was coming to retrieve and walked into some cents not having checked my affect list... I will say I did this a few times in the upper 40s and learned that lesson hard. Not having avoid up even with a bunch of DR made for a quick fight....

ThrakburzugFri 28-Nov-14 01:00 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
83 posts
#122516, "RE: That took a while."
In response to Reply #1

You were fun to watch, but you never dedicated a kill to me. You still owe me one.

Thrak

kolbMon 01-Dec-14 05:37 PM
76 posts
#122534, "RE: That took a while."
In response to Reply #18

You know I thought about that too. I was like damn. He helped me out and everything. But to tell you the truth I don't think I ever killed an elf after that. I mean I did kill a few wood-elves but I didn't feel like it counted. Rest assured if I had got my hands on one a pray to Thrak was the first thing on my mind, even if it would have put me on edge with Destuvius. I'll pay you back soon

WhiysdanFri 28-Nov-14 03:35 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#122517, "RE: That took a while."
In response to Reply #1

I really liked Jarlduz a lot - both from my perspective as an IMM and as a mort. Well done, all the way around. You stuck it out through some very tough times and were aptly rewarded for your dedication.

kolbMon 01-Dec-14 05:42 PM
76 posts
#122535, "RE: That took a while."
In response to Reply #19

Thanks. I really thought I would be decimated at first. But duergar vulns aren't so bad, heh. That one bit where we were at arms with the Herald was kind of fun. Thanks for all that and I almost started it up again when I was banned from the Inn but decided I probably shouldn't.

DestuviusFri 28-Nov-14 06:48 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#122521, "This one really sucks to see."
In response to Reply #1

You were everything that I think an Imperial should be. You did a few things here and there, but you ate the demotions without batting an eye over it. Its pretty much a shining example of what rolling with the punches can get you.

In regards to the tattooing, you were a rock for the cabal from pretty much day one. When I finally realized that you were in the spheres I felt that you had more than earned it.

You were a very under the radar badass at the beginning. It wasn't until you and Oog started to roam around pimp-slapping the whole mud when people really started to take notice of you. Then you and Niji started to do it all over again, and then when Niji died you just kept on smacking people down. It was great to watch and Empire is def going to be in a giant downswing from this loss.

Hopefully you had fun with the Empire char and I can't wait to see your next.

kolbMon 01-Dec-14 05:49 PM
76 posts
#122536, "RE: This one really sucks to see."
In response to Reply #20

I was definitely an Imperial rookie and that showed with some of my mistakes but I was lucky to bounce back from them okay. Since my whole goal was to bolster the Empire, I'm happy you thought I did that. It was tough fighting me and another. Between lash/entwine/cranial I pretty much had a tool for every occasion. Also helped that after awhile I figured out how to deal with pretty much every situation. It is something to have such an impact on the mud, even if it is by scaring off your whole range. Thanks for giving me multiple chances.

TMNSFri 28-Nov-14 07:44 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#122522, "Thought you were Jaguab or Jhyrb. That's a compliment...."
In response to Reply #1

Happy thanksgiving y'all!

kolbMon 01-Dec-14 05:54 PM
76 posts
#122538, "RE: Thought you were Jaguab or Jhyrb. That's a complim..."
In response to Reply #21

I've come a long way from rage deleting a svirf thief that died to a dog in Galadon and saying 'This game is dumb.' I just hope I keep getting better.

Miralik (Anonymous)Sat 29-Nov-14 05:22 AM
Charter member
#122523, "Best damn char I've come across"
In response to Reply #1

You where a beast, and I enjoyed every moment we traveled together, to bad my time ran out. If I had the time, I would have rolled another char, just to hang out with you, and learn even more.

kolbMon 01-Dec-14 05:53 PM
76 posts
#122537, "RE: Best damn char I've come across"
In response to Reply #22

Sometimes I wondered about you, cause you definitely knew what you were doing but then you wouldn't know how to get to certain places. Either way you were a great asset and Jarlduz always liked having other duergar near. After the failed attempt, I knew I had to make some changes and there wasn't anyone else I trusted more to be High Priestess at the time. Just sorry you faded so fast. Oh well, that's CF for you.

Miralik (Anonymous)Wed 03-Dec-14 04:43 AM
Charter member
#122546, "RE: Best damn char I've come across"
In response to Reply #28

Yeah - I had a five years break or so, and lost all my old CF related files, so I knew many of the greater lines, but the specific had been lost in the fogs somewhere.

I just got an job offer, that I couldnt refuse. That means that I have become owner of a large webshop, with all the things that comes along with it. So my time for CF is not there... I wanted a healer so badly with Jarlduz around. That way I would be able to learn all the details again, as there are few people who dont like an empire healer, with black channel, black sanc, and a troll amulet with over 1200 mana :p

AkresiusWed 03-Dec-14 09:11 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122547, "Awesome character..."
In response to Reply #1

...from both a mortal and immortal perspective. The way you tooled my character left me shaking my head helplessly.

Keep contributing with quality characters like this. Thanks for making CF fun for me!

Keara (Anonymous)Wed 03-Dec-14 12:49 PM
Charter member
#122549, "RE: That took a while."
In response to Reply #1

Man did you beast me, before you were all powerful and certainly after. I'm lucky the interactions were few in that regard. Great RP from what I saw though, and did enjoy what back and forth we had.

Best of luck with the next one!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122478 Previous topic | Next topic