Subject: "RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #489
Show all folders

KarelFri 28-Mar-03 10:04 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#530, "RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B..."

I agree the skills make the class different, mor interesting, however you want to look at it. I would practice them and use them before unholy blessing just because they were interesting. I'm just saying I wouldn't be likely to use lashes, ennervating spirits, etc etc later on in the APs life. Maybe it was designed that way, so you have a skill for whatever weapon you do bless, except hands of course. I agree that it easy to change over blessing on weapons, and regardless of what people say of skill being the determining factor in things, which overall it is, nice eq does make you consider the possibilities. I could see a pretty good reason to have a polearm as an unholy weapon now. It's just a matter of weighing the pros and cons. I still like the additions, regardless of how useful I think the skills will actually be. The trade off with the magic missiles...well, I don't think it was even a trade off. As Valg said, most people don't even practice them, so PWD is just a bonus spell rather than a replacement. Which I can think of several good uses for if I'm reading the helpfile right. Have to find out some day. The water vaulting...all I can say is, that is one hell of a belly flop. And as my last comment, I have rather publicly lamented the cookie cutter way every AP has choosen axe, so much so that people do not say unholy weapon, simply unholy axe. In fact, when I choose to use a sword instead, everyone, and I mean everyone, who spoke with me kept commenting on how an axe would be better for this and that, and why would I choose a sword blah blah blah. Personal taste accounts for alot.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRe: Antipaladin abilities [View all] , Sabiene, Mon 24-Mar-03 03:13 PM
Reply A little from column A, and a little from column B..., nepenthe, 24-Mar-03 04:08 PM, #1
     Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., Sabiene, 24-Mar-03 11:32 PM, #2
     Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., ORB, 25-Mar-03 01:02 AM, #3
     Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., Valguarnera, 25-Mar-03 01:53 AM, #4
          Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., Sabiene, 25-Mar-03 02:36 AM, #5
          Reply Deleted message, josiah (Anonymous), 26-Mar-03 09:14 AM, #6
               Reply Josiah - post deleted, Yanoreth, 26-Mar-03 11:27 AM, #7
          Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., Karel, 28-Mar-03 01:39 AM, #8
               Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., nepenthe, 28-Mar-03 06:24 AM, #10
                    Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., Karel, 28-Mar-03 10:04 AM #11
                    Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., Krivohan, 28-Mar-03 10:08 AM, #12
     Reply "Are you senial or just trying to stall us?", Zepachu, 28-Mar-03 03:57 AM, #9
     Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., Karel, 29-Mar-03 06:32 PM, #13
          Reply This seems reasonable to me., nepenthe, 29-Mar-03 09:46 PM, #14
               Reply RE: This seems reasonable to me., Sabiene, 08-Apr-03 02:53 PM, #15
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #489 Previous topic | Next topic