Subject: "RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #489
Show all folders

KarelFri 28-Mar-03 01:39 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#524, "RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B..."

I have had the chance to see a few of the skills in action, and I'll admit at the least, they add some flair to the class. A dirty trick kind of feeling. My overall thoughts would be that they are some interesting skills, but in the end, I don't see them, overall, being very valuable or longlasting. Most of the skills ruin the ability to dual wield. Faceslash and crippling strike being the exceptions, and that's only assuming an offhand mace can be used. I think it is a safe assumption most APs won't bless a spear or polearm, ruining the ability to dual wield or use a shield. And unless APs have been granted the ability to dual-wield whips and flails finally, why would they bless one of those and be stuck with a bad parry weapon and shield? Now this is based on another assumption. Someone with say an axe for thier unholy weapon, is not likely to use another weapon for these skills if he has any decent amount of charges in his weapon, it doesn't seem like a good trade off. I'm sure someone will of course bless other weapons just to be different. I actually recall an arial with an unholy whip. So from about 36 on, you have four out of six new weapon abilities that the vast majority of APs I don't think will use. Maybe it's seems a little number crunching to you, just how I view things. On the best positive note I have to add, thank god for finally doing something with aura of despair. At least there's a reason for an AP to use it now.

One last thing. Saw an AP try to vault while he was on the ocean, missed and hurt himself, which was kind of amusing, but doesn't make sense for two reasons. One, he wasn't an arial, so getting into the air from a boat, or god forbid some driftwood, seems unlikely. Second, even if he could get some lift, could it really be high enough to hurt hitting water?

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRe: Antipaladin abilities [View all] , Sabiene, Mon 24-Mar-03 03:13 PM
Reply A little from column A, and a little from column B..., nepenthe, 24-Mar-03 04:08 PM, #1
     Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., Sabiene, 24-Mar-03 11:32 PM, #2
     Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., ORB, 25-Mar-03 01:02 AM, #3
     Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., Valguarnera, 25-Mar-03 01:53 AM, #4
          Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., Sabiene, 25-Mar-03 02:36 AM, #5
          Reply Deleted message, josiah (Anonymous), 26-Mar-03 09:14 AM, #6
               Reply Josiah - post deleted, Yanoreth, 26-Mar-03 11:27 AM, #7
          Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., Karel, 28-Mar-03 01:39 AM #8
               Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., nepenthe, 28-Mar-03 06:24 AM, #10
                    Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., Karel, 28-Mar-03 10:04 AM, #11
                    Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., Krivohan, 28-Mar-03 10:08 AM, #12
     Reply "Are you senial or just trying to stall us?", Zepachu, 28-Mar-03 03:57 AM, #9
     Reply RE: A little from column A, and a little from column B...., Karel, 29-Mar-03 06:32 PM, #13
          Reply This seems reasonable to me., nepenthe, 29-Mar-03 09:46 PM, #14
               Reply RE: This seems reasonable to me., Sabiene, 08-Apr-03 02:53 PM, #15
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #489 Previous topic | Next topic