Subject: "I think that would be good and also" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4278
Show all folders

XaannixMon 05-Apr-04 01:52 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4280, "I think that would be good and also"
Edited on Mon 05-Apr-04 02:03 AM

on a side note, i think there should be fight echos in an area if fighting is going on.

What i mean is, if you are not in the same room as the ones who are fighthing you hear echos like...

Faint sounds of fighting nearby reach your ears. (1v1 fights)

If there are more than two persons fighting in the area, or people fighting a mob, could get something like...

The sounds of a heated battle nearby reach your ears.
or
The unmistakable sound of weapons hitting armor echos nearby.

I think that would be sweet and more realistic too. I cant imagine how i cant hear 5 people fighting one room down from me. I think it would add a lot to the ambience of eastern...HAH!

These echos would happen once every half tick or so as long as the fighting is going on.

You would not hear echos from people fighting in the same room as you, or if you are part of the fight. Also people sub 11 fighting mobs will not generate these echos. In areas like Galadon and eastern, only PK fighting would give off echos. But in more quiet areas any fighting would give off echos. (you could clasify these i guess but i think that only galadon and eastern tend to qualify for crowded)

I think it would be nice to hear an area wide echo when invokers use spells in PK, since things like pillar/geyser/forked lighthing/nova would be VERY loud. These should only happen in PK fights however, to prevent area wide spam from people just casting it to annoy everyone.

Echos like:

Your eardrums sting as the deafening sound of crackling lighthing echos nearby. (forked lightning/pillar)

The familiar sound of a flowing torent of water reachers your ears.

The booming sound of an explosion easily reaches your ears.(nova, fireball, iceball)

I think this would kick ass for cabal wars and ambience when PK fighting is going on all over. It would make it seem like a war zone for real. Echos like these + people screaming Die! and sorcerous dogs all over would be awesome.

What do you guys think?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSummon echos [View all] , Xenoroyal, Mon 05-Apr-04 12:14 AM
Reply Nice but would make summon a lot more powerful n/t, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 06-Apr-04 06:26 AM, #6
Reply Too much work for Imms just so you could learn summonin..., NNNick, 05-Apr-04 05:59 PM, #3
Reply Either one would be great i think., Xaannix, 06-Apr-04 02:18 AM, #4
Reply RE: Summon echos, ORB, 05-Apr-04 02:32 AM, #2
Reply I think that would be good and also, Xaannix, 05-Apr-04 02:03 AM #1
     Reply Nice idea but, Narissa, 06-Apr-04 04:03 AM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4278 Previous topic | Next topic