Subject: "Pshaw!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4274
Show all folders

CaptainAverageThu 08-Apr-04 01:24 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
31 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4316, "Pshaw!"

My most recent character, a non-warrior lowbie goodie, has been fighting Centurions solo since my thirtieth rank. I've had only one other with me while we cut through four roadblocks on the way to the Vanquisher (all were covered with the black shroud). I'll be the first to admit that Centurions are annoying, but they are not hard and they are not overpowered in my opinion. They're also a good distraction for certain Imperials who (I think, since I've never played an Imperial) are beckoned to the place where the Centurion is being attacked, thus providing a clear shot to raid the cabal. I think out of all the dozens of characters I've played, I only ever paid a Centurion once. The rest just either slew them or found a way around (which is not that hard if you explore surrounding areas).

However, I don't think they should be able to stop newbies (up to level 10). Though the toll is low, I would imagine a new player exploring the Eastern Road for the first time and not being able to figure out how to get around a Centurion. Also, I don't recall if they stop them or not, but I don't think a Centurion should be able to block a ghost.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topiccenturions idea [View all] , idontplay, Mon 05-Apr-04 06:23 PM
Reply help pay nt, Xenoroyal, 05-Apr-04 12:40 AM, #1
     Reply I know I don't have 9000 copper handy all the time, Drag0nSt0rm, 05-Apr-04 05:54 AM, #2
          Reply You know what else is overpowered?, Xenoroyal, 05-Apr-04 12:43 PM, #3
               Reply Everyone doesn't get trip., jaynus, 05-Apr-04 01:08 PM, #4
               Reply RE: You know what else is overpowered?, Isildur, 05-Apr-04 01:33 PM, #5
                    Reply Yeah, ok. It sucks., Xenoroyal, 05-Apr-04 02:42 PM, #6
                         Reply I'll try not to flame you, Drag0nSt0rm, 05-Apr-04 05:31 PM, #7
                              Reply Stop bitching, NNNick, 05-Apr-04 05:44 PM, #8
                              Reply Wrong, Drag0nSt0rm, 05-Apr-04 06:08 PM, #9
                              Reply RE: I'll try not to flame you, Xenoroyal, 05-Apr-04 05:47 PM, #10
                              Reply RE: I'll try not to flame you, Isildur, 05-Apr-04 09:21 PM, #13
                              Reply RE: Poorly informed ranting, Valguarnera, 05-Apr-04 06:27 PM, #11
                                   Reply All I can say is please clarify my mistakes., Drag0nSt0rm, 05-Apr-04 07:06 PM, #12
                                        Reply RE: All I can say is please clarify my mistakes., incognito, 06-Apr-04 04:23 AM, #14
                                             Reply Pshaw!, CaptainAverage, 08-Apr-04 01:24 PM #15
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4274 Previous topic | Next topic