Subject: "RE: All I can say is please clarify my mistakes." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4274
Show all folders

incognitoTue 06-Apr-04 04:23 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4299, "RE: All I can say is please clarify my mistakes."

Ok
>Entwine is a SPEC skill for WARRIORS

Yeah, and we all know there is rarely a warrior in the village.

> You can as someone in the village see and take preventive measures against said whip/flail.

Can you? Please explain how my anti-paladin can do this? How my necro can do this? How my shaman can do this? How my thief can do this?

> Hey guys, rescue me out so I can geyser this pesky whip/flail todeath

So, similar to "hey guys, kill those centurions for me whilst I fight this imperial"? Or "hey guys, rescue me from this imperial?"

> On top of that
> Cents stop you from fleeing as soon as you start combat

ok.

> Aka, entwine three round lag (?)

what is this three rounds stuff you are talking about?

> Bash, lag you can miss as well

so you can, although you get no lag in some circumstances where they are protected. However, bash stops people using their skills. Centurions don't. I never saw a centurion stop someone casting word of recall or flurrying.

> Trip, lag you can miss as well

lags you only 1 - 2 rounds. Again, it prevents the use of skills.

> Pebble to boulder, lag you can miss as well

uh, pebble does a lot of damage, and to give yourself chances of saving you have to wear saves gear, at the expense of other gear.

> Centurions they can summon you to them *can't do this at the big D*

wrong.

> Centurions they can trap you behind them *Can't do this at the big D*

yeah. Big D's flurries, eyejabs etc just aren't enough.

> Centurions You CANNOT leave their presense if you have fought a imperial within a tick.

a whole tick? So, an imperial with dirt in his eyes has only a 50 50 chance of re-engaging you before that tick?

> Centurions are perma hasted, and hit for ***DEMO's

um, these ragers you been using for comparison purposes suddenly lost resistance?

Centurions have bugger all hp. They drop like flies.

> Centurions cost a #### load of copper considering how much harder it is to get for some reasons

I agree. That's why I kill them.

> Its hard to find a Item worth 12000 copper just lying around for every time you need to pass centurions.

Yep. I've tried to give them some really top-notch gear and they won't take it. So I kill them.

> Especially pass them twice

well, the second time is free since they are dead.

> Considering someone can call cents after you've started raiding and cleared the way.

Not for free they can't.

> Centurions they can TOTALLY halt lowbie raids

yep. Something wrong with that though? As a scion, it pissed me off that hero villagers were around but the lowbies would get sent. Lacked courage, imho, if the numbers were even.

> Why? Sanc/heal

ahh, so we are talking about the specific circumstance when there is a healer on? Shamans can sanc, but not heal.

+ Haste + Mangles/***DEM = Dead lowbies even if the mob has low hp.

Buy some mercs to get you some extra time.

> (You can argue you can sanc the Vanquisher too but he only hits a Dismember at most not MANGLES/***DEM and you can actually hit the Vanquisher while the Centurions dodge like mofo's)

Unlike the big D who can rip you a new one in one flurry,.

>*takes a breath*
>You can create effective box's against almost any class
How? easy summon them they can't get away if you summon them to a one exit room.

Correct. However, intelligent players will immediately see the danger of this and take steps to avoid being summoned. Ask some of the hero villagers about it sometime.

> . and there happen to be cents outside

Yep. I don't like this tactic, but as I said about, an intelligent player won't get caught by it unless he's less than alert.

> You say well qua potion dumbass *NOT everyone can buy/use potions and if they had the money to buy a potion .. don't you think they'd pay'd the cents or something?*

No. Because a potion can be used in many circumstances, so someone is much more likely to buy a potion. There are plenty lying around if you are an outlander. If you are a villager, forgive me for expecting you to take the drawbacks of no potions. Think of all that money you save to pay centurions though.

> And when the creator of the centurions logs off, the centurions don't go away BLEH
So a hero can log on raid, get the item put cents and lowbies CANNOT retrieve why? Said above

I'm not sure about this. However, if said hero is gone, why not get some hero help? There's usually someone able to handle centurions around. A paladin, even from 35 onwards, can usually handle a hero's centurions.

> End rant= for the moment

I've never played an imperial, and I've killed a lot of them, and to me, your post seems biased. Yes, centurions have advantages that other things don't. However, other things have advantages that centurions don't, and you seem to overlook these.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topiccenturions idea [View all] , idontplay, Mon 05-Apr-04 06:23 PM
Reply help pay nt, Xenoroyal, 05-Apr-04 12:40 AM, #1
     Reply I know I don't have 9000 copper handy all the time, Drag0nSt0rm, 05-Apr-04 05:54 AM, #2
          Reply You know what else is overpowered?, Xenoroyal, 05-Apr-04 12:43 PM, #3
               Reply Everyone doesn't get trip., jaynus, 05-Apr-04 01:08 PM, #4
               Reply RE: You know what else is overpowered?, Isildur, 05-Apr-04 01:33 PM, #5
                    Reply Yeah, ok. It sucks., Xenoroyal, 05-Apr-04 02:42 PM, #6
                         Reply I'll try not to flame you, Drag0nSt0rm, 05-Apr-04 05:31 PM, #7
                              Reply Stop bitching, NNNick, 05-Apr-04 05:44 PM, #8
                              Reply Wrong, Drag0nSt0rm, 05-Apr-04 06:08 PM, #9
                              Reply RE: I'll try not to flame you, Xenoroyal, 05-Apr-04 05:47 PM, #10
                              Reply RE: I'll try not to flame you, Isildur, 05-Apr-04 09:21 PM, #13
                              Reply RE: Poorly informed ranting, Valguarnera, 05-Apr-04 06:27 PM, #11
                                   Reply All I can say is please clarify my mistakes., Drag0nSt0rm, 05-Apr-04 07:06 PM, #12
                                        Reply RE: All I can say is please clarify my mistakes., incognito, 06-Apr-04 04:23 AM #14
                                             Reply Pshaw!, CaptainAverage, 08-Apr-04 01:24 PM, #15
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4274 Previous topic | Next topic