Subject: "RE: Duergars: The Evil Master Race Swinging the Balance and..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4189
Show all folders

incognitoSat 27-Mar-04 08:05 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4202, "RE: Duergars: The Evil Master Race Swinging the Balance and..."

From reading your post I can see you haven't played evils much.

Paladins didn't just get downgraded, they got changed. Tell me when you are playing an ap or necro and a paladin manages to send the whole cursed group home that they got downgraded.

APs didn't really get upgraded. They just got more variety. Previously unholies other than axes just weren't worthwhile. Now they are viable. The new "ap spells/skills" are not new. They've just changed the way you get them. Previously it was by killing a load of people and taking their souls, and had nothing to do with level. Now it has a level based element and less of a soul based element, forcing ap's to rank up to benefit from them.

Duergar may have resistances, but they have low mental stats, which makes them vulnerable to things in other ways.

Most aps don't become powerhouses. Most necros don't become liches. Evils have more maladictors but goods have paladins.

You sound like you've only seen one side of the coin properly. Having played both sides and most cabals, I think it's fine.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDuergars: The Evil Master Race Swinging the Balance and... [View all] , Thelleneor, Fri 26-Mar-04 07:10 PM
Reply I had a paladin, Drag0nSt0rm, 30-Mar-04 07:30 PM, #6
Reply RE: Duergars: The Evil Master Race Swinging the Balance..., Khasotholas, 27-Mar-04 02:43 PM, #5
Reply RE: Duergars: The Evil Master Race Swinging the Balance..., incognito, 27-Mar-04 08:05 AM #4
Reply I think they're fine., Valguarnera, 26-Mar-04 11:12 PM, #3
Reply On the topic of race..what of storm giants nt, marcalius, 01-Apr-04 12:26 PM, #7
     Reply RE: On the topic of race..what of storm giants nt, Straklaw, 01-Apr-04 07:48 PM, #8
Reply RE: Duergars: The Evil Master Race Swinging the Balance..., Fahnrore, 26-Mar-04 09:04 PM, #2
Reply RE: Duergars: The Evil Master Race Swinging the Balance..., Scrimbul, 26-Mar-04 08:35 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4189 Previous topic | Next topic