Subject: "Subject" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #381
Show all folders

RedcroThu 13-Mar-03 02:42 AM
Member since 12th Mar 2003
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#381, "Subject"

Hello everyone. I just started playing Carrionfields um.... yesterday. I know that most people don't take new people very seriosly when they have ideas but here it goes anyways. Oh and just as a sidenote I have been mudding in general for several years.

Suggestion Numero 1: Include the ability to apply colours to your prompts. This allows a player to tell where the first and last line of a new room or battle tick to be seen and comprehended easier. It also often makes it easier to read and distinguish the important stats that everyone has in thier prompt. Since this will not effect other people (just the individual with the prompt) I do not see why there would be a problem with this.

Suggestion Nombre 2: (Yeah well nombre means name in spaniish but it still sounds good) Allow carriage returns to be included in prompts so multi-line prompts would be available for those of us who just have to have every available option in thier prompts and want it to be a bit easier to read (HP MP MV on first or last line. Other stuff on other lines to be easier to get the information you need to look at and ignore the rest)

Suggestion Number 3: (So I'm not very well versed in other languages sue me) Allow searches of the who list to be done by more catagories such as class and level (not just PK, Nebie, Imm, and Race). If you're looking for that one Level 30 Paladan because you need the skill that he has it's certainly a pain to scroll through often three or four pages of WHO to find him. (Had this experience myself allready when looking for a healer.)

Suggestion Number 4: (You thought I was joking about my language skills didn't you... didn't you!!! *shakes his fist* heh) Include a format command (Or auto format) for descs and other such things so then a desc will automatically will be adjusted to 80 charachters to the nearest word. This would make descs easier to read, provide the lazy person who doesn't care so much but is willing to type in two words to format it easy access, and save time for those of us who do attempt to make our descs formatted for easy reading (like me!)

Suggestion Number 5: I've heard (from nameless immortals) that you are very proud of your "Extensive Help Fileage". And yet I noticed that there is no help file on Immortals, Avatars, or Implementers. I coming from other muds who do not use Avatars was instantly curious when I saw them on the who list and looked for a relevant help file. This would also help MUD newb's who read a whole bunch of help files but need more clear ideas of what Immortals and the such do in both an IC and OOC role. As well as contact information for the immortals would be nice in this help file as well.

Well that's all the suggestions we have for you today. We hope you had a swell time reading them and I hope to hear back from anybody who has an oppinion as well as from Imm's who have either decided to nix my ideas (though I think they are pretty sound) or have decided to implement them. I would greatly appreciate feedback especially if you do plan to implement them.

Redcro

Happiness is like peeing yourself.
Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSubject [View all] , Redcro, Thu 13-Mar-03 02:42 AM
Reply RE: Subject, Valguarnera, 18-Mar-03 12:28 AM, #11
Reply RE: Subject, incognito, 13-Mar-03 06:04 PM, #3
Reply RE: Subject, Redcro, 14-Mar-03 04:20 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Subject, incognito, 14-Mar-03 04:34 AM, #6
          Reply RE: Subject, Redcro, 14-Mar-03 05:14 AM, #7
               Reply i said it before but here goes..., v_vega, 21-Mar-03 02:25 AM, #12
Reply RE: Subject, ATK, 13-Mar-03 07:59 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Subject, Redcro, 13-Mar-03 02:56 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Subject, Ululari, 14-Mar-03 12:26 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Subject, Valkenar, 14-Mar-03 10:43 AM, #8
               Reply RE: Subject, Redcro, 14-Mar-03 07:10 PM, #9
                    Reply *sigh*, Quislet, 15-Mar-03 12:46 AM, #10
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #381 Previous topic | Next topic