Subject: "Ha! exactly!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3292
Show all folders

permanewbieThu 18-Dec-03 12:26 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
349 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3296, "Ha! exactly!"

So you opt to change the code in the damage, and let the player be as stupid as they like. We opt to allow them only to use what is useful and take the burden on ourselves to code it.

That is exactly what I was going for. If a mage wants to hold that pickaxe in his offhand....fine...doesn't mean it will help him in combat.

on the same vein....I have every race able to be any class and any alignment....but....certain spells will turn you evil....so say if you are a good elf necromancer...not only is your xp-pen really harsh for being a necromancer....but you will utterly suck at being a necromancer if you want to stay good...because things like making/controlling undead and cursing will turn you evil....and you will gain an even worse xp-pen. sure you can be an evil duergar paladin.....but because you are evil you won't be able to use most of your powers....and because you are a paladin you will have a ####er of an xp pen.

I personally like the idea of letting players play what they want...even if it is utterly stupid....with systems of punishments and xp-pens in order to somewhat enforce what would be "normal" for races and classes.

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topictwo ideas re: resistances & vulns [View all] , Isildur, Wed 17-Dec-03 06:57 PM
Reply RE: two ideas re: resistances & vulns, Zulghinlour, 17-Dec-03 08:36 PM, #1
     Reply I've done something like this, permanewbie, 17-Dec-03 09:04 PM, #2
          Reply RE: I've done something like this, Zulghinlour, 17-Dec-03 11:04 PM, #3
               Reply Ha! exactly!, permanewbie, 18-Dec-03 12:26 AM #4
               Reply Oh...., permanewbie, 18-Dec-03 12:36 AM, #5
               Reply RE: Oh...., Zulghinlour, 18-Dec-03 01:23 AM, #6
                    Reply Yup!, nepenthe, 18-Dec-03 11:44 PM, #7
               Reply RE: I've done something like this too, Marcus_, 21-Dec-03 01:47 PM, #8
                    Reply I'm not so sure that the way it is now is wrong, Theerkla, 21-Dec-03 02:21 PM, #9
                    Reply I think Zulgh knows how to do it., Valguarnera, 22-Dec-03 01:54 PM, #10
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3292 Previous topic | Next topic