Subject: "Re: Newbies (Imms look maybe?)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3198
Show all folders

LeafSun 07-Dec-03 02:51 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#3210, "Re: Newbies (Imms look maybe?)"
Edited on Sun 07-Dec-03 02:52 PM

Ok, with Gorthalon, I will freely admit I broke character on several occasions. But when I did, it would happen like this: (I was a Herald at the times it happened usually, then as an Acolyte too)

pray "Lords, would it be possible for me to take a moment to explain to so-and-so an idea that would be difficult to express via normal talking?"

An Immortal tells you, "Yes, do it quickly."

Me tells newbie, "What you are looking for can be found in help files. Most of what you want to know can be. First, I would type "help newbie" then "help newbie2". If you have any other questions, feel free to ask."

Now, whether or not the Imms liked me doing this, I don't know, but seeing as how I never got in trouble for it, I tended to not care. I was a newbie once, and I only had one person ever do this for me IC, and I was one of the most thankful people in the world. I was playing an evil character and kept running into the sewers and not into the Academy, and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I was getting so frustrated (this happened for like 30 minutes IC...I know, I sucked).

There are going to be those instances where you just can't do someone IC without going completely ooc (see help files ex.). I guess its really just up to the individual player to determine if they want to risk their character to explain something.

IMMS, I guess I'll ask this now...is sending up a pray like I did to go OOC with a newbie alright with you? I play because I enjoy interacting with people, and when a newbie says something completely ooc like, "God i'm going to delete. i can't deal with not knowing how to get gear or exp. no one wants to help me. this mud isn't fun," I can't help but sympathize with them due to what happened to me oh so long ago. If you do frown on it, whooops.

Leaf

Ignorance is bliss, and I know too many happy people.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicThe (help) Story of CF [View all] , Wilhath, Sat 06-Dec-03 10:22 PM
Reply Re: Newbies (Imms look maybe?), Leaf, 07-Dec-03 02:52 PM #8
Reply RE: The (help) Story of CF, Valguarnera, 07-Dec-03 04:27 AM, #1
     Reply Re:, Dallevian, 07-Dec-03 04:30 AM, #2
     Reply my point still stands, incognito, 07-Dec-03 09:07 AM, #3
     Reply RE: my point still stands, Valguarnera, 07-Dec-03 12:35 PM, #6
          Reply RE: my point still stands, Isildur, 07-Dec-03 02:40 PM, #7
     Reply RE: The (help) Story of CF, Isildur, 07-Dec-03 10:17 AM, #4
     Reply I agree entirely, Wilhath, 07-Dec-03 11:19 AM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3198 Previous topic | Next topic