Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3198
Show all folders

incognitoSun 07-Dec-03 09:07 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3205, "my point still stands"

If you are an asshole to someone on the newb channel, there is a very good chance it will drive them off.

I suspect numerous people leave for good without ever posting a review like that.

I've seen the log of what was said, and I agree that in this case there was nothing wrong. However, I have seen a -lot- of unwarranted aggression on the newbie channel, not by imms, by players. My post on Dio's is intended to demonstrate that abuse on the newbie channel will mean fewer players in the end.

I went over my logs of recent newbie channel conversation. Over the last few days there have been 4 thank you's from newbies in my logs. One of those thank yous was in response to an explanation of what to expect on the newbie channel and why people might not respond to certain questions. Others were to responses to questions. However, if I were to go back through all my logs to pick up newbie channel stuff, I guarantee I could find logs of players being unnecessarily abusive, including to me. I think it is safe to say that those on the receiving end may well have been put off the mud as a result even in cases where they had just made an honest mistake, as opposed to the person who posted that particular review.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicThe (help) Story of CF [View all] , Wilhath, Sat 06-Dec-03 10:22 PM
Reply Re: Newbies (Imms look maybe?), Leaf, 07-Dec-03 02:52 PM, #8
Reply RE: The (help) Story of CF, Valguarnera, 07-Dec-03 04:27 AM, #1
     Reply Re:, Dallevian, 07-Dec-03 04:30 AM, #2
     Reply my point still stands, incognito, 07-Dec-03 09:07 AM #3
     Reply RE: my point still stands, Valguarnera, 07-Dec-03 12:35 PM, #6
          Reply RE: my point still stands, Isildur, 07-Dec-03 02:40 PM, #7
     Reply RE: The (help) Story of CF, Isildur, 07-Dec-03 10:17 AM, #4
     Reply I agree entirely, Wilhath, 07-Dec-03 11:19 AM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3198 Previous topic | Next topic