Subject: "RE: The (help) Story of CF" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3198
Show all folders

ValguarneraSun 07-Dec-03 04:27 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3203, "RE: The (help) Story of CF"

That said, Daurwyn's post about the recent review and the controversy it caused at TMS...

I'm not sure if you read the followup thread to that review. My impression, and I may be biased because I participated, is that the majority of posters felt we handled that situation well. Only Kylotan felt we didn't, but there's 6 other non-CF-staff posters on that thread who were very positive about us. Getting 6 out of 7 strangers to back you on the Internet is about as good as you're going to do, given how flame-happy relative anonymity tends to make people. "Controversy" is something of an overstatement.

(On a semi-related note, there's a recent thread on their forums largely by Soljax/Josiah and his experience on other muds that I think is an entertaining read.)

The "Story" of CF is quite dated and could use an overhaul.

I agree it could use the inclusion of more recent events. Helpfiles of that kind can be a blind spot for us. Imms play and watch the game, so they're up on game balance, the impact of new features, etc. However, it's pretty rare that I go back and read basic helpfiles unless I'm glancing them over to see if a newbie question is answered in detail within it. I'll see if I can get an old-timer on staff to take a gander.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicThe (help) Story of CF [View all] , Wilhath, Sat 06-Dec-03 10:22 PM
Reply Re: Newbies (Imms look maybe?), Leaf, 07-Dec-03 02:52 PM, #8
Reply RE: The (help) Story of CF, Valguarnera, 07-Dec-03 04:27 AM #1
     Reply Re:, Dallevian, 07-Dec-03 04:30 AM, #2
     Reply my point still stands, incognito, 07-Dec-03 09:07 AM, #3
     Reply RE: my point still stands, Valguarnera, 07-Dec-03 12:35 PM, #6
          Reply RE: my point still stands, Isildur, 07-Dec-03 02:40 PM, #7
     Reply RE: The (help) Story of CF, Isildur, 07-Dec-03 10:17 AM, #4
     Reply I agree entirely, Wilhath, 07-Dec-03 11:19 AM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3198 Previous topic | Next topic