Subject: "I don't have any particularly recent examples..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21347
Show all folders

ScrimbulSun 11-May-08 07:37 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#21382, "I don't have any particularly recent examples..."

...precisely because I've gone out of my way to avoid putting my characters in those scenarios. It's not anything personal or any attempt on my part to get in trouble or vent frustration, I just tend to assume these things can, and do, happen in the course of normal RP. I know that Mayesha has done that to me on multiple occasions when she was an Imm and Scarabaeus has done it to me once or twice, however most of the time those were purely on accident or sometimes I look back on it and realize me holding a grudge were probably very much just miscommunication.

It didn't necessarily mean there was a good way to rectify those issues, especially nowadays that issuing enough exp to fix exp holes like that would give so many undeserved edge points it's not funny. Granted to be fair, there are times I would prefer to have kept the exp I might have lost in a quest rather than get more edge points. I as a player would be all over quest mob attacks for the RP if I knew I wasn't going to eat an experience hole for an errant fireball prog (or three) that a mob is going to toss in the middle of a round while an imm is controlling it even if I'm a much more efficient leveller today than I was even two years ago. These days I don't go poking around Arch-Devil Belial when I'm level thirty because some jackass hero is going to provoke the mob to prog and the controlling imm's hands are tied.

On the above note it'd be great if imms could use the 'noarea' command on controlled mobs the same way it works for conjies and elementals. That would go a long way toward making me less leery of watching RP in Market Square or something.

The latter shrine thing is actually something someone should never do, but I was giving it as an example anyway, someone might avoid interacting with a certain imm precisely because the follower they want dead is getting so much attention it never makes sense to actually attack them, at least within a certain hourly span. I know this was the case with my chars some times in the distant past regarding Entropy imms, and I know some Herald/goodie chars have gotten this much attention when I'm trying to stalk them legitly but they spend up to three RL hours in the shrine where there may or may not be a vis'd Imm present or they have a tattoo and access to said shrine that makes them inaccessible to the rest of the world, and there are some players who regularly garner so much attention regardless of character or by whoring a single favorite imm, that this happens on occasion now.

The examples I put forth weren't anything personal though, but rather a general description of the reasons that uncaballeds might want to avoid immteraction. At least in many cases those are only half of the reasons I as a player don't bother, the other more practical half is that while I know my RP is up to snuff, I may well not be up to the challenge PK/game knowledgewise to want to put forth a role that might require that kind of effort. Pure player deficiency might discourage going for immteraction either to do with a lack of patience or skill with the rewards. I just finished finding my first complete set of sleeks for a/b/s recently with a mage after several years of looking but it took me literally 12 straight hours of gameplay and asking at least five people ICly. I'm more inclined to claw my eyes out than risk being sent on a lich questy fetch-me-a-nosegay quest for seeking a given imm's tattoo or something.

Now of course if I'm off base on some of these and they're illegitimate fears of unreasonable behavior feel free to correct me.

"I have to admit I hate pretty much all of these ideas. " - Nepenthe, on New Ranger Skills

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicUncabal = neglected. Discuss. [View all] , wareagle, Sat 10-May-08 03:11 AM
Reply RE: Uncabal = neglected. Discuss., Kalageadon, 10-May-08 03:12 PM, #6
Reply Since it is known..., Eshval, 10-May-08 12:52 PM, #5
Reply By 'love me' I assume..., GinGa, 10-May-08 05:31 PM, #7
Reply You mean I bite you?!!!, Eshval, 10-May-08 09:21 PM, #9
Reply RE: Since it is known..., TheFrog, 10-May-08 08:54 PM, #8
     Reply If you don't want IMMteraction., wareagle, 10-May-08 10:31 PM, #10
          Reply I understand your point but..., Scrimbul, 11-May-08 05:38 PM, #11
               Reply RE: I understand your point but..., Valguarnera, 11-May-08 05:44 PM, #12
                    Reply I don't have any particularly recent examples..., Scrimbul, 11-May-08 07:37 PM #13
                         Reply RE: I don't have any particularly recent examples..., Valguarnera, 11-May-08 08:45 PM, #14
Reply Problem with Uncaballed, Braemir, 10-May-08 08:34 AM, #2
Reply Probably, Rayihn, 10-May-08 07:09 AM, #1
     Reply A+, wareagle, 10-May-08 09:59 AM, #3
          Reply Well, you're right, Rayihn, 10-May-08 10:05 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21347 Previous topic | Next topic