Subject: "Since it is known..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21347
Show all folders

EshvalSat 10-May-08 12:52 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21352, "Since it is known..."

That I am 'amazing,'I thought I would chime in (Thanks Ray) and offer some thoughts. I enjoy watching characters, they are why I stay around...it's better than television. Uncaballed folks can be a problem to watch. As Ray mentioned, keeping eyes on Cabals, writing and verifying area, watching for evil-doers and living a reasonable life is tough. Many of the imms clock in 40+ hours a week to keep the mud going, and most 'attempt' to give some love to the uncaballed folks.

If any character wants to be noticed, they have to do 'something,' and what that 'something' might be is pretty open. I look through lots of roles and descs which gives me some insight on possibly unique folks comming up. If a character doesn't have a role, I generally don't give them a lot of my time, because pretty much they can always fall back on 'whatever I do is part of my rp.'

Some folks feel imms should watch characters and get a feel for their rp and such. This really doesn't work. I watch a lot of characters, and I don't always remember who did what. And while one imm may see one facet, I may see a completely different side.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by 'oversee,' but it feels like you feel there is not enough attention paid to those ouside of the cabals. I can tell you lots of folks do not like being watched, for a variety of reasons. I have had folks drop link, multiple time when I seek via mob or echo to interact with them...multiple times.

Perhaps we need a 'love me' tag for those who want immteraction.

I will do my best to ocntinue giving the imm experience points, last names, titles and immteractions as best I am able. Maybe you aren't as interesting as you think? I have no idea.

Good luck, though.

eshval@carrionfields.com

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. - Hunter S. Thompson

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicUncabal = neglected. Discuss. [View all] , wareagle, Sat 10-May-08 03:11 AM
Reply RE: Uncabal = neglected. Discuss., Kalageadon, 10-May-08 03:12 PM, #6
Reply Since it is known..., Eshval, 10-May-08 12:52 PM #5
Reply By 'love me' I assume..., GinGa, 10-May-08 05:31 PM, #7
Reply You mean I bite you?!!!, Eshval, 10-May-08 09:21 PM, #9
Reply RE: Since it is known..., TheFrog, 10-May-08 08:54 PM, #8
     Reply If you don't want IMMteraction., wareagle, 10-May-08 10:31 PM, #10
          Reply I understand your point but..., Scrimbul, 11-May-08 05:38 PM, #11
               Reply RE: I understand your point but..., Valguarnera, 11-May-08 05:44 PM, #12
                    Reply I don't have any particularly recent examples..., Scrimbul, 11-May-08 07:37 PM, #13
                         Reply RE: I don't have any particularly recent examples..., Valguarnera, 11-May-08 08:45 PM, #14
Reply Problem with Uncaballed, Braemir, 10-May-08 08:34 AM, #2
Reply Probably, Rayihn, 10-May-08 07:09 AM, #1
     Reply A+, wareagle, 10-May-08 09:59 AM, #3
          Reply Well, you're right, Rayihn, 10-May-08 10:05 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21347 Previous topic | Next topic